Can't restat to 3 point minimum

Options
PooEA - Lost City
PooEA - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
Hi, I just tried restatting my vit and magic to 3 from 5 (using a basic reset-all note) while wearing all eq thus pushing my vit and magic above 8 and allowing point reset to register.
But my stats were only knocked down 3 points to 5 instead of the reset-minimum of 3.

Did I do this wrong? When did this cease? b:sad
Post edited by PooEA - Lost City on

Comments

• Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Hi, I just tried restatting my vit and magic to 3 from 5 (using a basic reset-all note) while wearing all eq thus pushing my vit and magic above 8 and allowing point reset to register.
    But my stats were only knocked down 3 points to 5 instead of the reset-minimum of 3.

About 3 years ago.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Just read the reset, it even says that you can't go below 5.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sinator_ - Sanctuary
    Sinator_ - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    About 3 years ago.

It was possible, I had 3 mag before i reawakened, now after expansion maybe they changed it, well fixed it, not changed it.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I removed all the gear and reset Vit to 3 when I went full R9rr last summer and I kept my Vit at 3 even after reawakening. I don't know if something has changed.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • SarraLost - Sanctuary
    SarraLost - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    My sin had 3 vit and 3 magic before rb. Now I'm at the base of 5 for each. I have't tried to restat to get below 3 however.

I always felt that restatting to get below the minimum of 5 was hokey and a cheap trick. With RB and the massive number of stat points it gives, the 4 extra you would gain from restatting to 3 in vit and magic (or vit and Dex) just seems pointless and a waste of a restat note.
    When the 11 and 12 star orbs were removed due to
    "Client Instability"...
    Was PWE referring to the Game Client?
    Or the players?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

Take off all your equipment / cards. You'll probably have 3 vit / 3 mag now.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • filipenogueras
    filipenogueras Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Some people think they can wear emperror and restat 45 mag/dex LOL

I'm not talking about anyone particularly, just making an observation because I saw it sometimes xD
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    It still worked in November when I used it, but not sure if anything changed since then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    i did it a month ago and it worked fine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • PooEA - Lost City
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thanks for all responses, but I have 5 base still (without gear). From the replies I think the cause is me being reborn, two times; anybody twice reborn successfully reset?

I tried both the basic one-attribute reset and basic all attribute reset and neither worked, maybe they are the ones that aren't working?
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thanks for all responses, but I have 5 base still (without gear). From the replies I think the cause is me being reborn, two times; anybody twice reborn successfully reset?

I tried both the basic one-attribute reset and basic all attribute reset and neither worked, maybe they are the ones that aren't working?
    Now that you mention that... maybe it was less than a month ago lol...
    cause i was done with my 2nd rebirth when i did this and i had to use a reset scroll cause i thought i couldnt rebirth to restat
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • PooEA - Lost City
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Now that you mention that... maybe it was less than a month ago lol...
    cause i was done with my 2nd rebirth when i did this and i had to use a reset scroll cause i thought i couldnt rebirth to restat

If you've restat to minimum 3 before reawkening then that will be saved on through. You didn't just attempt to restat already reset stats did you?

Apologies if it's a dumb question, it's just that I think that's a possibility since your char's been around for a long time to restat before reincarnation.

Which note did you use, if you remember?
    edited January 2014
    Options
    If you've restat to minimum 3 before reawkening then that will be saved on through. You didn't just attempt to restat already reset stats did you?

Apologies if it's a dumb question, it's just that I think that's a possibility since your char's been around for a long time to restat before reincarnation.

Which note did you use, if you remember?
    i used the basic note which only moves 1 stat type.
    i had to take off all my gear to make sure i actually had 5 of that stat indeed.
    (before the expansion rebirth i had 3pt in mag)
  • PooEA - Lost City
    edited January 2014
    Options
    So I tried again with a basic (10 point) reset note for a single attribute.

After removing eq I had 5 base vit and mag.
    - Neither mag nor vit could be reset from 5 to 3.

Then I put on my tome [Sunset Tales] which puts me at 13 vit.
    - I tried resetting vit again, but it still says it's unable to reset.

I also borrowed a magic tome from a friend that pushed my magic to 14 and reset, but it was also unable to reset.

Then I put on my lunar interval cape and got above 15 in vit and magic for each above case.
    - Reset was still not possible.

I honestly don't know how you did it Deceptistar but I just think you missed that it was transfered on through, like shown in Asterelle's vid.
    Moral of the story, if resetting to minimum of 3 is even possible at all, do it before reawkening?

RIP tiny extra dmg.
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    So I tried again with a basic (10 point) reset note for a single attribute.

After removing eq I had 5 base vit and mag.
    - Neither mag nor vit could be reset from 5 to 3.

Then I put on my tome [Sunset Tales] which puts me at 13 vit.
    - I tried resetting vit again, but it still says it's unable to reset.

I also borrowed a magic tome from a friend that pushed my magic to 14 and reset, but it was also unable to reset.

Then I put on my lunar interval cape and got above 15 in vit and magic for each above case.
    - Reset was still not possible.

I honestly don't know how you did it Deceptistar but I just think you missed that it was transfered on through, like shown in Asterelle's vid.
    Moral of the story, if resetting to minimum of 3 is even possible at all, do it before reawkening?

RIP tiny extra dmg.

FYI -

I reset my MAG to 3 when I created this toon about 3 years ago, after rebirth it went back to 5, so it appears the base 3 stats does not carryover.

If I recalled correctly, when I originally reset MAG to 3, my base stat with no equipment needed to be 13 so when I used the note and selected the attribute to reset it went to 3 base points. By the way, I used a single attribute reset note back then.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

I reset my MAG to 3 when I created this toon about 3 years ago, after rebirth it went back to 5, so it appears the base 3 stats does not carryover.

It did for me..though it was for Vit. I had 3 Vit before rebirth and I still have 3 Vit if I take off my gear and War Avatars. Maybe only magic is affected? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    FYI -

If I recalled correctly, when I originally reset MAG to 3, my base stat with no equipment needed to be 13 so when I used the note and selected the attribute to reset it went to 3 base points. By the way, I used a single attribute reset note back then.

I did first RB on my BM last night, and was surprised to find 22 stat points instead of 20. I took my gear off, and lo and behold, I had 3 vit. That is where the last two points came from.

So, I don't know. I had Magic statted to 3, but it reset to 5. It might be only some stats stay at 3 and others revert to 5. Oh well.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • das7002
    das7002 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I did first RB on my BM last night, and was surprised to find 22 stat points instead of 20. I took my gear off, and lo and behold, I had 3 vit. That is where the last two points came from.

So, I don't know. I had Magic statted to 3, but it reset to 5. It might be only some stats stay at 3 and others revert to 5. Oh well.

I reawakened twice and still have 3 vit/mag... Maybe people are mis remembering...
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    You can't reset to 3 with certain notes, it will tell you if you can't last time i checked.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I think it's only vit that can be reset to 3, the last time I tried resetting dex/agi, it didn't work. Haven't checked about it after this expansion though
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    I think it's only vit that can be reset to 3, the last time I tried resetting dex/agi, it didn't work. Haven't checked about it after this expansion though

I know DEX you cannot reset to 3. I read that somewhere on the forums when I rolled a Wizard.
  • Sistaria - Sanctuary
    Sistaria - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    while wearing all eq thus pushing my vit and magic above 8 and allowing point reset to register.

Did I do this wrong?

Were you expecting it to subtract the points off your gear?
    Common sense now..I do believe it even says on the note itself to not wear gear.
  • AsMyliuTave - Sanctuary
    AsMyliuTave - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Maybe it's not possible after rb, but it was a couple of months ago when I did it. I still have 3 vit and 3 mag now. It saved after 1st and 2nd rb.
    Name: AsMyliuTave
    Race: Winged Elf
    Class: Archer
    Spiritual Cultivation: Celestial Sage
    Level: 104-103-101
    Faction: Vindicate (Executor)
    Server: Sanctuary
    pwcalc.com/1c41e0adfdadd9f9
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Still have 3 Vit from last reset, today tried to reset Mag below 5 and it would not let me.
    edited January 2014
    Options

RIP tiny extra dmg.
    like i said, i took all my gear off ;o (including cards) to make sure i wasnt imagining cause reset note cost gold lol

but from what the thread pple say.... seem to be alot of diff. outcome >_>
  • SarraLost - Sanctuary
    SarraLost - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    like i said, i took all my gear off ;o (including cards) to make sure i wasnt imagining cause reset note cost gold lol

but from what the thread pple say.... seem to be alot of diff. outcome >_>

You have to use an intermediate Reset-All or Basic Reset-All. You can't use a reset note that just resets one attribute.
    When the 11 and 12 star orbs were removed due to
    "Client Instability"...
    Was PWE referring to the Game Client?
    Or the players?