Changing Time of NW

mrcharlytoo
mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Suggestion Box
I know this has come up before, but since then we've had the merging of European servers, plus many problems on the sole remaining European server.

I'd like to suggest that the Sunday NW be moved to an earlier time. Why? Well, it is too late for most European players, especially those who have work or school on Monday. An earlier start for Sunday wouldn't be a major inconvenience for players in USA timezones.

So here is a really simple poll to establish if there is any support for this.
Post edited by mrcharlytoo on

Comments

• SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Its perfect the way it is for its time zone
    if its earlier i probably wont make it

I know that there r some from Europe in East server, but sorry if ppl from East wont make it to the NW only because they made it earlier for EU ppl, that not logic nor fair
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It will never satisfy everyone. It's not just Europeans and then there are also US people that can't make the 8pm NWs either.

I used to support switching 2pm TW for NW but meh. This happened so long ago I doubt we'll see any change.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I know this has come up before, but since then we've had the merging of European servers, plus many problems on the sole remaining European server.

I'd like to suggest that the Sunday NW be moved to an earlier time. Why? Well, it is too late for most European players, especially those who have work or school on Monday. An earlier start for Sunday wouldn't be a major inconvenience for players in USA timezones.

So here is a really simple poll to establish if there is any support for this.

Lol what? NW ends at 22:20, early enough for anyone to get enough sleep for a work/schoolday. If you're talking about your personal bedtime that's more something to discuss with your parentsb:surrender
    Starting NW even earlier means people will miss out more due to dinnertime, coming back home from sunday trips and what not. Starting at 20:20 is pretty much perfect as it is. Not too soon, not too late. It's been like this for a pretty long time has it not?
  • Naluana - Dreamweaver
    Naluana - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Lol what? NW ends at 22:20, early enough for anyone to get enough sleep for a work/schoolday. If you're talking about your personal bedtime that's more something to discuss with your parentsb:surrender
    Starting NW even earlier means people will miss out more due to dinnertime, coming back home from sunday trips and what not. Starting at 20:20 is pretty much perfect as it is. Not too soon, not too late. It's been like this for a pretty long time has it not?

Let me rephrase that. Starting at 2:20am is anything but perfect...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm all for adding more time slots to NW. Truth to be told though, I gave up on the ****ty devs of this game. Not like they will ever give a ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    22:20 seem like a very good time to end it. But maybe the problem is that for the eastern european players on Morai the NW ends at 23:20. I dont think we should bend to the will of eastern europe.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Let me rephrase that. Starting at 2:20am is anything but perfect...

So you're saying that because your timezone doesn't correspond with the server you choose to play on, the event should be shifted so it works better for you?
  • Naluana - Dreamweaver
    Naluana - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So you're saying that because your timezone doesn't correspond with the server you choose to play on, the event should be shifted so it works better for you?

I'm not saying that. A new time slot earlier would benefit more players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrcharlytoo
    edited January 2014
    In theory, the europeans should play on the european server.

However, reality is that a lot of people have built toons and social connections on US servers before there even was a european server.

There are two NWs each week. I'm suggesting changing the time for one of them.

How about having it altered just for a trial period?

This can't possibly involve developer's, it will just be a single time parameter on the server so should be very simple.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    22:20 seem like a very good time to end it. But maybe the problem is that for the eastern european players on Morai the NW ends at 23:20. I dont think we should bend to the will of eastern europe.

Your geography must be really bad or we are living on different planets b:shocked
    EDIT: never mind realised you were referring to Morai server.

For Dreamweaver in the UK;

NW starts at 01:20AM and finishes at 03:20AM technically Monday morning.

In eastern europe this would be even earlier;

maybe by a few hours, i.e. Ukraine would be 03:20AM start and 05:20AM finish.

At the end of the day, we were given an option of timezones and PVP/PVE at the time we first selected what server to play. I guess the only problem with that is alot of the server events that happened at 8:00pm server time, by the time we even knew about them we had spent alot of time leveling and making friends on the server.

I think going forwards some kind of info box that tells you how important it is to select the right server for your timezone would be nice for new players.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In theory, the europeans should play on the european server.

i remember 4-5 years ago when gms said theyd work on event times since well europe is screwed for pretty much every daily event (dragon temple, jungle ruins, coa, tourney, ect) they didnt do ****

after 2? or more years they added euro server thats ****
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, people who started when Lost City, Heaven's Tear and Sanctuary were the only servers didn't really have much of a choice b:chuckle

Anyway, inb4 lots of arguments US vs. EU players while Australians and whatnot sit in a corner wondering why the world always forgets them.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sunday Nation War to 2pm server time would be perfectly fine kthx.
  • SomeRandomEA - Lost City
    SomeRandomEA - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well I'm from Europe and I play on LC (started before eu servers existed) and NW is at 5:20AM for me which is crazy and impossible to attend (as well for many other eu players)... I remeber Val saying they would maybe change the time and since a lot of time passed since then I gave up hope of getting any NW gear...
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Being an east coast player on a west coast server, I have to stay up way too late to nw, especially on sunday, but when I started out game, there was no east coast servers.

I think a better solution then trying to change times to please everyone, would be to offer a server swap service for people who need it. You'll have to make a hard choice of leaving friends on game or not for it, but living healthier should be more important then a game.

Pwe could easily charge alot for this server, 50 gold per swap wouldn't be too outrageous, and there will definitely be people who would pay, making it a win win situation for pwe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear
    Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They should create new times for NW, and add an limite NW's/week for each account.

"People will use alts to do more supply tokens, doing NW more than 2 times a week"
    They do it already. The difference is that now they would play their alts instead of running them mostly afk all the NW.
    Decrease the amount of Supply Tokens/NW.

or...
    do supply tokens tradable.

Some people don't like PvP, and have to do NW so they can upgrade they gear. And yes, I don't care if I don't need more than NVs3 for PvE. It should be my call what gear I use, for PvE or PvP, doesn't matter, as long as I can pay for it. But no, they limited Rap/Can/Supply Tokens farm for PvP players only.

It's cool, I'll PvP for a while, make a sacrifice, get my gear done... Oh no, I can't, NW is the only way to do it, and it only happens at 1am - 5am.

It's really fine for people that can do it. Of course they don't want any changes, they're doing great. Then don't change it.

There must be (There is) others options, others ways so that people that can't do NW be able to farm their own supply tokens. It's not like Raps and Uncannys that you can farm your coin in other ways and buy it.

Hope my english is understandable b:victoryb:bye
  • porphy
    porphy Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've attended 2 or 3 NWs in my life, because I find quite awful to wake up at 4 am on my only weekend. So yeah, I support this suggestion.
    Been more than a year since I quit playing, but still on rankings.

PWI: Buff_me - 103 Demon Assassin Banned
    PWS: Sin - 105 Sage Assassin Active

My channel: youtube.com/user/SinPWS
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There are two NWs each week. I'm suggesting changing the time for one of them. .

i think this will work .
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,880 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Im watching this Thread With interest I do have some things to Suggest my self but im just having a good think over them first...

My Suggestion: is to change the time of 1 NW and sinc it with all the other severs. So if the Euro Server starts at 20:20 then the other Servers will Sinc to that time. IE... and you would have to Run 3 NWs a week rather than 2 but the theory is you could do Server Linked NW. Of course you could only attend 2 NWs per week. But the upside is Server V Server ( May be ) and sutiable NW times for all servers for all players at least once a week. Outch this hurts to think about.
  • mrcharlytoo
    edited January 2014
    I don't think server v server is technically possible.

Altering a start time isn't a big change to make (in technical terms). We might achieve that. Re-writing the database and client ain't going to happen.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,880 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    O it is possible.

Just things can hold it back. When their is a will their is a way. Gotta think Positive!
  • HIGHsPIRIT - Raging Tide
    HIGHsPIRIT - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    All above posts were well said on both sides...
    nothing to add here except that i voted Yes.
    Please look into this thread Sparkie b:cute TY