New classes

Options
Paldine - Sanctuary
Paldine - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
So it is about the time that pwi will roll out some new classes would you not agree? I am sure someone has their eyes on the parent of pwi side of things. So ideas on new class? Anything you woul dlike to see? Anything you don't want to see? Eg a new assassin to break the "balance" we have now b:chuckle
Post edited by Paldine - Sanctuary on

Comments

• DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    At this point, I highly doubt it.
    The next few expansions, I speculate, will focus on releasing new maps to incorporate the remaining 3 Emperors and the 8 new sky cultivation stages, which should bring new skill books or other perks, plus, naturally, 8 more needed awakenings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The MasterCard class was confirmed. Costs 100 USD to unlock and 10 USD per skill and level. Supposed to be really OP
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The system is currently at the maximum number of classes. They will need to re-write some of the core server code to allow for more.

Besides, what hasn't been done already?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cinderball - Raging Tide
    Cinderball - Raging Tide Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    They should update the graphics on the older classes first. It'd be hard to add anymore classes that offer something unique at this point. There is already quite a bit of overlap between classes so besides adding an arcane armor melee class or classes that use pikes/unreleased whips, I think they have covered about everything.
    RT's Heavy Armor Sin
    pwcalc.com/4b05df7de8c8337f
  • Jenaniah - Heavens Tear
    Jenaniah - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    There is seriously enough broken **** in this game they need to fix before even having that kind of though in their heads.
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Barbarian shaman!

Doesn't need cleric or anyone like ever

self buffs, self heal, can resurect can heal others never dies
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I feel that there isn't anything they can do to make another class with unique mechanics. We have everything.. DDers, healers, tanky classes, support classes. There isn't much they can add that would be new. It would most likely be a mix of existing classes or something.

Personally I'm more interested in updating graphics and other stuff for the existing classes. The skill updates from this latest expansion were okay but it disappointed a lot of people.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I feel that there isn't anything they can do to make another class with unique mechanics. We have everything.. DDers, healers, tanky classes, support classes. There isn't much they can add that would be new. It would most likely be a mix of existing classes or something.

Personally I'm more interested in updating graphics and other stuff for the existing classes. The skill updates from this latest expansion were okay but it disappointed a lot of people.

Mix of existing classes... Like, say, Cleric and Veno = Mystic? Or Wizard and BM = Seeker? Yeah, they've already been stretching it.

I seriously hope they never release new classes. I seriously doubt they will ever fix existing problems, though.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Agree, we already have everything, I can't even think of any serious idea to what new class to add and what skills to give and what the role in squad, but if they can come up with something new it'd be great, but even if they did I doubt existing players will create one and make it their mains, building even one character needs efforts, time and money, a whole lot of them.

The existing class that I think is so broken is tideborn, both hit hard and annoying to kill, one with stealth, the other one with silence buff and ridiculous amount of defense level.

They should be focusing on nerfing what's broken or balancing it with new skills without creating more broken stuffs, or unify sage and demon and combine the add-ons for both skills and call it god, that would be epic.b:chuckle
  • jjbrendan
    jjbrendan Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    If new classes please also expand the number of character slots to 12 at least b:pleased as am stuck to 8 characters and would very much to fit a blademaster and seeker to start with.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    You have to ask yourself this question every time this question about new classes pops up...

|
    |
    |
    V

What roles are left in this game?

The only thing they could potentially do is to introduce a dual-class system, and even then, it has to be balance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    A rouge type class that has passive skills that revolves around finding treasure would be nice.
    with a passive skill that would aid in drop chances ..
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    lol, instead of a new class for drop chances , they could just add something for that in boutique and it'll sell itself.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    As I see it, we completed the circles of elements (metal, water, fire, earth, wood) and the trainer's area in archo is already filled with 10 different trainers. In my opinion they are not going to release any other class, unless they add another element or are desperate for moar monies.

They have some options to take in consideration when it comes to choose the new classes, but every time they add a new class I see the game turns a bit more imbalanced (lol says the seeker). If they're going to add something else I would like to see they think how they are going to affect the game instead of their wallets, and of course, increase the amount of characters per account...
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I think PWI could pull it off. They could make a class that revolves around laying traps, kind of like how Mystics have plants. There's been other games that had this, and it works quite well. Furthermore, there's millions of ideas out there, they could even introduce new mechanics to the game. It can be done, and I have faith that PWI can resurrect itself to it's former glory.

I do also agree that there is a lot of updates they need to do before they do anything of this magnitude though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poulpe - Sanctuary
    Poulpe - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Well, it seems like all of the conceivable roles have been exhausted. Healers are obviously clerics and mystics, we have two 'summoner' archetype classes (three if you count a seeker's archangels, but that's a stretch), a 'battlemage,' wizards, assassins, archers, hexers, warriors, tanks...mind-control...

I guess people said the same thing, even before Earthguards were put in...but...I just don't know what they'd add. Gunslingers and bards are vogue in games these days. Or a technomancer. Chronobikes had to come from somewhere. :S

Let's just hope Wanmei doesn't go off the deep end and give us cyborg dwarves or frog-people with death rays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PoetrySlam ♥ Maîtresse des lames
    Napgenius ♥ Archer
    Flocabulary ♥ Assassin
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Let's just hope Wanmei doesn't go off the deep end and give us cyborg dwarves or frog-people with death rays.

Now that's all I want in PW.

But they could add something like a blood/vampire class, that actually revolves around sacraficing or sucking HP for more damage or party buffs. My thought of this was purley magic, but it has been touched on with the never used Blood Paint skill by the Assassins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    lol, instead of a new class for drop chances , they could just add something for that in boutique and it'll sell itself.

What they need is a pet that auto-loots and can be summoned by venomancers and mystics while their pet/spirts are summoned.

A different direction would be housing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    What roles are left in this game?
    maybe they can add a necromancer where they got power to control dead players b:chuckle would be OP in TW/NW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    maybe they can add a necromancer where they got power to control dead players b:chuckle would be OP in TW/NW

Hell YA! I wanna see FC noobies controlling several r9rr + 12 in NW b:dirty
    oh wait, i already saw it...

Kidding beside, i want a remake of older classes, a nerfing of certain skills, and a new Venomancer/Barbarian customization system. And i want them to make tideform actual useful. I want bubbles.

But i certainly dont want a new class. Mystics and Seekers are just unneccesary already, every class is somehow tanky now and healers are useless anyway in times of BP and Aps. Seriously, we have already too much.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    hey could make a class that revolves around laying traps, kind of like how Mystics have plants.

^ this would be awsome and would spice up TW/NW IMO give that extra sense of danger.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    We should just have class and race merges, take marriage quest to a new level \o/
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    Ilyania - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    If there were new classes, these are the ideas that I came up with. I wanted to make all the races have for sure armor sets, so my ideas were very limited. Maybe later I will add descriptions for the 'fan-classes', or feel free to add your own interpretation. f:cutef:grin

Human-
    HA - Blademaster
    LA - Monk
    AA - Wizard

Winged Elf-
    HA - Paladin
    LA - Archer
    AA - Cleric

Untamed-
    HA - Barbarian
    LA - Wildling (MALE)
    LA - Ringmaster (FEMALE)
    AA - Venomancer

Tideborn-
    HA - Dragoon
    LA - Assassin
    AA - Psychic

Earthguard-
    HA - Seeker
    LA - Gunner
    AA - Mystic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kniraven is so f-cking sexy
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I can think of some.
    Immortal race:
    Melee = Berserker with Great Axe. **** poleaxe. Go big or go home. High dph (better than wiz), that gets higher the lower it's remaining hp. Also has a buff the increases attack by a great amount, but reduces weapon endurance to 1-10 (random).

Ranged = Songweaver with guitar/harp. Strings different attacks to create different effects. Each skill stacks a resist buff on the user. The higher the buff, max hp and defenses increase and the more difficult it is to stun, sleep, freeze, interrupt, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    We do not need any new classes. We need glitch fixes, balance and graphics update especially for old classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • das7002
    das7002 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The system is currently at the maximum number of classes. They will need to re-write some of the core server code to allow for more.

Besides, what hasn't been done already?

They already did it before. Tideborn were there since the beginning so that didn't require any changes for the 8 bit classmask (0-255, each bit represents 1 class). When Earthguard were released they had to enlarge that to 10 bits (0-1023), so it wouldn't be hard as they've done it before...
  • sonimaxbg
    sonimaxbg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    wanmei should invest few millions in making it possible to transfer PW to a new engine; engine updates didn't fix much :D