New Drake Bash

Nigelus - Dreamweaver
Nigelus - Dreamweaver Posts: 97 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Blademaster
any1 learnt it? couse it says paralize not stun. i wonder if now it doesnt stun anymore. tys

ps: if it is just wrong description or if they actually changed the stun for a paralize.
Post edited by Nigelus - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    At the moment, it's imposssible for anyone to learn it, due to it requiring 60 bloods plus Mirage Sky VI (I think?).

Most servers are/have unlocking/unlocked Mirage Sky on this week, so it'll take some time for anyone to learn it.

Also, about the skill description, there is a 50% chance that it was mistranslated, so yeah, it might not do the same as the new Mighty Swing from barbs.
  • Nigelus - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    eraldus wrote: »
    At the moment, it's imposssible for anyone to learn it, due to it requiring 60 bloods plus Mirage Sky VI (I think?).

Most servers are/have unlocking/unlocked Mirage Sky on this week, so it'll take some time for anyone to learn it.

Also, about the skill description, there is a 50% chance that it was mistranslated, so yeah, it might not do the same as the new Mighty Swing from barbs.

oo really so only dw unlocked mirage sky ? sry i will ask again when others servers get more ppl, LOL <3<3 joke XD
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    oo really so only dw unlocked mirage sky ? sry i will ask again when others servers get more ppl, LOL <3<3 joke XD

LC unlocked it first, then us.
  • Nigelus - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    LC unlocked it first, then us.

why ur avatar says u are lvl 89?....i just realized. hax cleric!
    edited January 2014
    why ur avatar says u are lvl 89?....i just realized. hax cleric!

It's been stuck there since ever. I like it. Makes me look like a noob, which I clearly am.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Archonoobs server has it unlocked as well. But I'm not even close to Mirage Sky VI to know. b:sad
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Arukab - Raging Tide
    Arukab - Raging Tide Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's been stuck there since ever. I like it. Makes me look like a noob, which I clearly am.

That's alright, my avatar says 99 archer, I'm a 101 sin <_< gg PWI
    Avatar says I'm a 99 archer, but I'm actually a 102 sin...
  • Hafnium - Lost City
    Hafnium - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just learned the skill today.

The stun was replaced with a paralyze, it's amazing.. b:laugh
  • mkat
    mkat Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just learned the skill today.

The stun was replaced with a paralyze, it's amazing.. b:laugh

Nice is it still 7.5 secs?
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so it's a paralyze now?... that sucks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think he means paralyze as in, the new stun that ignores anti-stun buffs. The immobilize is usually referred to as "freeze".
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Hafnium - Lost City
    Hafnium - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mkat wrote: »
    Nice is it still 7.5 secs?

Yes, for demons
    I think he means paralyze as in, the new stun that ignores anti-stun buffs. The immobilize is usually referred to as "freeze".

That is correct. Much better than the old stun in every possible way.
    edited January 2014
    so it's a paralyze now?... that sucks

Paralyze is not freeze. Paralyze is the new stun that goes through anti-stun stuff.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Paralyze is not freeze. Paralyze is the new stun that goes through anti-stun stuff.

and cannot be purified
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bout time we get a decent update b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eraldus
    edited January 2014
    Welp, I guess it's time to farm 60 bloods and hope to get lucky on the forges for a sage Piercing Winds. Meh...
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OP as ****. Again, zero downsides to the skill... can't be removed, can hardly be blocked, does great damage... I don't get it, help the melees out a bit sure, but its just too much. On my nub barb alt, I have the new stun, and I can lock down anybody no matter how strong they are and they can't do jack ****. I mean, really? Just OP, nothing else for it. For the new bm stun, the nearest equivalent is a cleric's seal of the gods, but remember, that has significant downsides... when thats in, you really can't be killed. But this new bm stun? Oh hell yes you take full damage. And whereas will surge or anti stun can help you partially block a seal of the gods, there's no such skill designed to block this new 'paralyze' effect.

Think about some of the nasty stuff we'll have to experience very soon:

Dps sin triple sparking on top of a 7.5s, not-removable stun while you watch helpless.

Bm running up to any class that relies on anti-stun (bm, archer, barb, seeker) and slicing through the anti-stun like butter, reliably.

Chaining weapon disable and the upgraded drake's bash for up to 15 seconds of purify-proc free lock.

More that I haven't thought of yet?

Its the same old over-reaction all over again. Aps too strong? Purify proc. Purify proc too strong? Increase damage on everybody. Still not enough? Introduce skills that ignore purify proc while conveniently forgetting about all the other classes.

God knows what they'll introduce next as the 'balance' to these new skills... how much more horrible of a skill can they dream up? I don't even want to know at this point.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2014

For the first 4+ years of the game pwi skill descriptions and players used freeze/paralyze interchangeably. PWI's fault for using two different words that mean the same thing and then changing it to mean something different 5 years later.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014

Its the same old over-reaction all over again. Aps too strong? Purify proc. Purify proc too strong? Increase damage on everybody. Still not enough? Introduce skills that ignore purify proc while conveniently forgetting about all the other classes.

That's the thing I don't like to be honest. They don't think things through and just slap OP stuff over OP stuff, usually causing more problems than really balancing things out. Purify itself was/is OP/unfair and BMs needed a little something but this isn't how you fix things b:surrender

It's okay, next major expansion we'll get a fix for this that's even more OP and causes even more problems just wait for it b:laugh
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, I really don't want to hear any BM ***** about being underpowered after this, tbh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OP as ****. Again, zero downsides to the skill... can't be removed, can hardly be blocked, does great damage... I don't get it, help the melees out a bit sure, but its just too much. On my nub barb alt, I have the new stun, and I can lock down anybody no matter how strong they are and they can't do jack ****. I mean, really? Just OP, nothing else for it. For the new bm stun, the nearest equivalent is a cleric's seal of the gods, but remember, that has significant downsides... when thats in, you really can't be killed. But this new bm stun? Oh hell yes you take full damage. And whereas will surge or anti stun can help you partially block a seal of the gods, there's no such skill designed to block this new 'paralyze' effect.

Dps sin triple sparking on top of a 7.5s, not-removable stun while you watch helpless.

Bm running up to any class that relies on anti-stun (bm, archer, barb, seeker) and slicing through the anti-stun like butter, reliably.

Chaining weapon disable and the upgraded drake's bash for up to 15 seconds of purify-proc free lock.

God knows what they'll introduce next as the 'balance' to these new skills... how much more horrible of a skill can they dream up? I don't even want to know at this point.

hmmmm!! but doesn't drake bash miss at times to waste of 1 spark? As you know i enjoy 1v1 more than anything, vs archers barely can hit them with all their leaps an shyts.. vs purify weap example bash Hf try for kill won't purify still have chance to proc to clear hf debuff as i seen alot hf>purify on first hit.. unless the casters is unlucky not to proc an bm land some nice hits.. And please don't sit here an act like you never proc imediatly after HF only thing i see puri wont remove the new bash status but i guess will still remove debuffs
    Bahamas represent
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Casters are complaining that the BM, the class purely designated to Crowd Control which was out dated with purify spell, as if it wasn't hard enough already to stunlock people with genies in play, are finally getting a reliable stun again.

How is it different than before purify spell?

The genie skill Faith still makes you immune to paralyze I believe (not tested it myself)

Dragon Rising is purely reliant on being close range, which is not too difficult for a BM, I admit, but You can sue AD, or as I said faith and completely avoid it anyway, and holy path away, while we have to pray our reel in works, but the skill is on cooldown anyway.

You have no room to complain, really. BM has the least damage, even str build barbs can out damage us.

Is this OP? By all means yes.

Is it OP enough to break the game? Hell no. Now, if they made roar paralyze instead, then it would break the game. But as it stands, BM is and always ahs been maily built for group PvP, everything from NW and TW to just squad PK. So I ask yu, what is one stun that actually works now? It's something that can happen on both ends. Don't like it? Bring a BM with you and have him use his on the enemy BM. Or even a barb.

Problem solved.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Casters are complaining that the BM, the class purely designated to Crowd Control which was out dated with purify spell, as if it wasn't hard enough already to stunlock people with genies in play, are finally getting a reliable stun again.

It's not really just casters complaining though. I don't care if they try to "nerf" Purify proc really, I saw it coming anyway; it was going to happen eventually. This doesn't cause problems to casters only though. You have to consider Archers for example or casters that don't have R9rr, such as people with well refined G16 Nirvana armor and Warsoul weapons.

My issue isn't BMs getting something good, it's that the developers insist on throwing OP stuff to fix OP stuff that were meant to fix other OP stuff - kind of thing, where is this going to lead I wonder? I'm just venting my thoughts out because in the end I won't care (that's how it's always been with PW anyway lol, suck it up or quit)

Anti-stuns and genie skills to break from the stuns. Paralyze is immune to all of those. No other than direct immune pots/AD.
    The genie skill Faith still makes you immune to paralyze I believe (not tested it myself)

I haven't tested it myself but some else said that Faith doesn't work against Paralyze.
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My issue isn't BMs getting something good, it's that the developers insist on throwing OP stuff to fix OP stuff that were meant to fix other OP stuff - kind of thing, where is this going to lead I wonder? I'm just venting my thoughts out because in the end I won't care (that's how it's always been with PW anyway lol, suck it up or quit)[/color]

yep they gonna keep dumping an dumping
    Bahamas represent
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited January 2014
    It's not really just casters complaining though. I don't care if they try to "nerf" Purify proc really, I saw it coming anyway; it was going to happen eventually. This doesn't cause problems to casters only though. You have to consider Archers for example or casters that don't have R9rr, such as people with well refined G16 Nirvana armor and Warsoul weapons.

My issue isn't BMs getting something good, it's that the developers insist on throwing OP stuff to fix OP stuff that were meant to fix other OP stuff - kind of thing, where is this going to lead I wonder? I'm just venting my thoughts out because in the end I won't care (that's how it's always been with PW anyway lol, suck it up or quit)

Valid point is valid, it is true they keep fishing OP thing after OP thing to fix OP things that fixed OP things because of OP things. However, archers have long enough time to be antistunned, they often argue chi consumption, but you don't know chi consumption until you play a BM...Most chi cost in the game.
    Anti-stuns and genie skills to break from the stuns. Paralyze is immune to all of those. No other than direct immune pots/AD.

I haven't tested it myself but some else said that Faith doesn't work against Paralyze.
    [/quote]

It seems everyone and their mother has AD these days though, and who can blame them? It's a great skill. I'm going to have to test faith for myself because I heard it did work. If it doesn't work, it should be made so it does. It is immunity to -everything- after all.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Dragon Rising is purely reliant on being close range, which is not too difficult for a BM, I admit, but You can sue AD, or as I said faith and completely avoid it anyway, and holy path away, while we have to pray our reel in works, but the skill is on cooldown anyway.

You have no room to complain, really. BM has the least damage, even str build barbs can out damage us.

Is this OP? By all means yes.

Is it OP enough to break the game? Hell no. Now, if they made roar paralyze instead, then it would break the game. But as it stands, BM is and always ahs been maily built for group PvP, everything from NW and TW to just squad PK. So I ask yu, what is one stun that actually works now? It's something that can happen on both ends. Don't like it? Bring a BM with you and have him use his on the enemy BM. Or even a barb.

Problem solved.

^ This not to mention if the bm is stupid/arrogant/stubborn while under-geared and refuses to use apos/charms the 'skill' becomes significantly less annoying for others to even deal with, as bms while under-geared are stupid ridiculously easy to kill. (Hell I even fought slew in nw last night specifically (on my seeker) his damage so didn't scare me, (scaring and being easy to take down are two completely different things!) and I was still hitting fairly hard on him, even though my seekers r9 blade is only +5... first cast even... when he got help from archers/cleric we couldn't even begin to try and kill him. /o\ (we all were able to kill him once/lock him down for quite some time, but aye he was indeed killing us all... still wasn't one shotting me... but aye that is pretty much to be expected still the damage just looked insanely lackluster especially considering that my seeker is only in g16 +5-+7ish gear with **** necklaces/belt/rings.. .none of those are even +3... yup bms are SCARY... not... Do NOT get me wrong I am not saying slew isn't good, but he also didn't even come close to making me 'scared' enough to just say to hell with the land/trying to fight him... it was actually quite fun fighting him, albeit it wasn't 1 on 1. )

This skill while it does seem ridiculous it does have it's weakness. (As does EVERYTHING in this game) EDIT: Though yes as I have said before, and will say again, 'just because something has a weakness it does NOT mean it isn't oped.' (I do not need to be reminded of this, and I still do agree with it.

I am sure they are 'monitoring' the situation to see if the skill does in fact need to be changed at a later date.

EDIT: Also agreed with what desdi said... very old that pwi keeps doing that. (At least they're 'trying' to "listen" to the player base, be it the 'select' few who does make a stink about it, or the masses.) ... I am of course not saying that they're doing a good job of it, but at least they are... 'trying.'
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • eraldus
    edited January 2014

Learn2kite b:bye
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2014

ignoramous
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited January 2014

To be fair, it's extremely difficult to kite a BM that knows anything about any of his skills...
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To be fair, it's extremely difficult to kite a BM that knows anything about any of his skills... also assuming he (or she) can live long enough to not get one shot/locked down and killed fast/not mass pvp. Not to mention if they can keep their chi up long enough.

Sorry don't generally like doing this, but meh... I just wanted to 'fix' it/add that last tid bit... of quite... 'needed' info.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)