Class Markings or Scars

SpellDancer - Dreamweaver
SpellDancer - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Suggestion Box
I have spent numerous hours recently trying to figure out if there was a way to put Tideborn markings on an older class I.E Humans. Unfortunately there is not, and I know you can put Tideborn facial markings on an Earthguard.

So why not create markings or Scars that are unique to each Race? I think it would look pretty sweet seeing a topless male seeker running around with scars on his chest and/or markings underneath, or a Wiz with burn scars from Battling other mages (I know I would use this)

Just a thought.

Spell
Post edited by SpellDancer - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Dspeck - Raging Tide
    Dspeck - Raging Tide Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like that idea. I know there are certain races you can use ini-edit for skin markings, but the opportunity for all classes to have race-specific markings might be cool to try. I would use this too..also we need more hair choices!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Eutrepete for awesome siggy <3
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like that idea. I know there are certain races you can use ini-edit for skin markings, but the opportunity for all classes to have race-specific markings might be cool to try. I would use this too..also we need more hair choices!!

The 'original class' hairstyles (exempting maybe like... one or two) are a joke, so the only good 'natural' ones really come from two races with very small selection choices, yeah...

You can put tideborn facial markings on earthguards.....? Was that supposed to be a 'can't'?

--anyway.... I can see how scars would work with the current ini-file format for the human and elf races, and I think? earthguard because it sounds it'd be simmilar to 'bodyID' and those three races have nothing they receive from those sections.... so if untamed and fish were to have scars it'd have to be a new line in the coding methinks (like how earthguard third eye made a new line in INI files).
    Technical stuff aside.... scars on characters are pretty awesome, yeah :3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have spent numerous hours recently trying to figure out if there was a way to put Tideborn markings on an older class I.E Humans. Unfortunately there is not, and I know you can put Tideborn facial markings on an Earthguard.

So why not create markings or Scars that are unique to each Race? I think it would look pretty sweet seeing a topless male seeker running around with scars on his chest and/or markings underneath, or a Wiz with burn scars from Battling other mages (I know I would use this)

Just a thought.

Spell

They need to just plain go back and overall the graphics and animations for the original classes. The new classes are all so much nicer in terms of graphics and animations, and im quite tired of my ugly skills and slightly more pixelated body compared to those damn fishies!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpellDancer - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014

You can put tideborn facial markings on earthguards.....? Was that supposed to be a 'can't'?

Nope I typed it right beforehand, you can put tideborn facial markings on earthguards as seen here http://www.pwsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?topic=178.0
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nope I typed it right beforehand, you can put tideborn facial markings on earthguards as seen here http://www.pwsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?topic=178.0

Aside from that pretty much all the tideborns look like beiber (gross) the fact that it actually has screenshots of face textures is incredibily useful because having to manually go through and stare at all of them is aggrivating OTL not sure if the same textures are used for guys and girlies though...

I guess the backwads compatability isn't that surprising for earthguards.... bluh okay, thanks.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    +1 b:victory

Barbs have the least amount of customization, I always thought it would be cool to have a few choice colors for fur, for instance, wolf barbs could have black, brown, grey, or white fur colors.

Pandas, well, they just kinda screwed LOL. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpellDancer - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Rainbow pandas could be kinda cool