PWI not supporting 'normal' players

matsdeviant
matsdeviant Posts: 13 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
Rebirth is a wonderful thing...for elite OP R9's with +12 gear and nowhere else to go....

However in their 'infinite wisdom" PWI has taken this opportunity to completely ignore the lower level players who used to spend hours farming caves for molds and dq drops, or hunting mini-bosses or whatever. It was not bad enough that PWI 'events' such as "Assault on Archesaur" and "Celestial Tigers" have become high level "rpk arenas", they have decided to cater almost exclusively (with this last expansion) to those elite few high levels that complain there's nowhere to go from here...

What about the rest of us PWI?

Skillbook drops in Eden and Brimstone have all but disappeared, mob-dropped molds are rare, and if you wine the cave (which most 'normals' do...) you get NOTHING!

Some skillbooks don't even exist for low level players (try finding lvl11 Aqua Blast for a psychic...)

That's just for starters...I know tons of your 'normals' have dozens of other examples where PWI is catering to others and ignoring you...

I 'get' that this is a 'player driven' game, and higher levels oft times are the ones pumping cash into the game, but come on PWI! You HAVE to keep the rest of us interested or we will never achieve those levels necessary to cause us to want to spend our money playing a 'free to play' game! If we don't feel we will ever be able to compete with those you have given this unfair advantage to, we may just all stop playing, then who will BUY the stuff the high levels are selling?

..and WHO IN HELL SAYS THIS IS A GAME?!? This is hard work! Please stop making our jobs harder than they already are PWI!
Post edited by matsdeviant on

Comments

• Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok I kind of agreed with you until you blew it at the end with stating its not a game but hard work.

There is nothing hard about it, and it is just a "game" sorry to say.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yea i agree PWI again screwed with us little people..

b:sad
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Molds drops were moved to monsters, apparently, the the bosses drop 3-star or gold bound gear. I prefer the free gear that drops honestly because you can use it without the need of farming materials or raising your crafting or searching for people to make them for you.

Though some pieces of mold gear were nice, I suppose.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am a "normal" and I take offense at you, you do not speak for me. I find this game more entertaining now than ever before.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There are a lot of so called normal players that can't produce the coins like they should,apply yourself more and you will do great.A lot here are well established people and knows what make the coins and what does not.

I just erased all the ways to make it in this game coin wise but I decided not to.

Most spend to much time just farming the wrong stuff and not applying to the best things to make coin from.
  • SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver
    SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not "elite" and I still plenty to do to fill the time productively. I do understand your comments tho but it isn't a new thing and didn't just happen with the update, the game has catered more for the end game for a long while now
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The molds were not "moved" to the drop tables as stated in the observations thread. Rather, they have always been there... at ludicrous drop rates (e.g. 1/2000) under which no normal player would obtain them.

I'm actually very disturbed at the decision to remove the molds. So they want to put the OP Dreamchaser gears in as boss drops... ehh, fine, if you must. It really detracts from the ability of newbies to learn their class properly without such OP gear, but to each their own.

But the molds had no reason for being removed. There's no reason they can't coexist with the Dreamchaser drops. To be frank, their removal is pretty much universally a negative and I've contacted DefenderOfDreams in hopes that he'll mention it to the devs.

What I'd love to see is an expansion of the Mysterious Merchant's inventory. Why not have him sell low level molds for chips, rather than just a few common midgame and endgame ones? Could you imagine if the ones which were never released showed up at the Mysterious Merchant? Fist of the Arch Devil, for one of many examples.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The molds were not "moved" to the drop tables as stated in the observations thread. Rather, they have always been there... at ludicrous drop rates (e.g. 1/2000) under which no normal player would obtain them.

I'm actually very disturbed at the decision to remove the molds. So they want to put the OP Dreamchaser gears in as boss drops... ehh, fine, if you must. It really detracts from the ability of newbies to learn their class properly without such OP gear, but to each their own.

But the molds had no reason for being removed. There's no reason they can't coexist with the Dreamchaser drops. To be frank, their removal is pretty much universally a negative and I've contacted DefenderOfDreams in hopes that he'll mention it to the devs.

What I'd love to see is an expansion of the Mysterious Merchant's inventory. Why not have him sell low level molds for chips, rather than just a few common midgame and endgame ones? Could you imagine if the ones which were never released showed up at the Mysterious Merchant? Fist of the Arch Devil, for one of many examples.

how do you explain a misty forest ring mold dropping from one of the mobs next to styg then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • filipenogueras
    filipenogueras Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sooo

1)They make molds drop from mobs (the cave have lots of mobs and they are easy to kill) ... before it was taken from bosses (only 1 boss per mold and they are harder to kill)

2)Bosses now drop easily a whole nice set to wear as low level (including ornaments and weapon)

3)The latest quests now avaible gives a incomparable huger Exp than the "old school" quests

A - I'm sure there many other things that actualy made the low level game WAY easier...

B - I'm a normal player and i'm fully against every word you wrote.

C - Majority of the players are 100+. If you think 100+ is only for kings, well I'm sad for you because being 100+ really means nothing...

D - I'm 100+ and I had nothing of the things I wrote here, so if I and all other players leveled like this, why couldn't you do the same ? (errr not the same now it is ridiculous to be low level)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I was actually able to check this right after the expansion, before pwdatabase updated but after I'd gotten a mold from a Wraithgate mob (Deadmarsh Hydrad) and compared where the mold dropped in PWI (pre-expansion) and PWCN (post-expansion.) Said mold had been an exclusive drop of Hornshell, and was now an exclusive drop of the hydrads... both in the normal drop table. Yes, there were always some molds that had a microscopic chance to drop from world mobs in the additional drops table, but you never saw molds drop from dungeon mobs... and certainly not 3 Glaives of Divinity molds from Ruinous Skelevizen Generals in one day (2 in one instance) like I have post-expansion.

The lower level molds (the ones from FB19 through 59 bosses) seem to have been removed from all drops, so the only ways to get those now are from other players who crafted them from molds dropped pre-expansion, or bound versions from Divine Weapons.

In some cases (Qianji) they've edited the drop tables, in others (Fushma, Calcid of the Flame) they've created a new version of the boss with a new ID, with a new drop table, so you can go to the old version of the boss and check what it dropped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    weird. I know my main is well off but my lv 90+ cheap noob is being more self sufficient than ever before o.o Mostly due to the autoculti when im away from the keyboard allows me to fund the noob without pilfering the pockets of my main. Some of the skill books that drop are i think considered pretty powerful(?) in some upgrades so thats not really a surprise. As for any molds and what not, i find more normal mobs drop molds >_> the ones near bosses that u kill off first. The gears that drop from some bosses are a wonderful source of repair money o.o Theres alot of weekly events that pple completely ignore too that can be done with nonOP characters. (mainly because the OP pple think its not worth it but it stacks!) Check the game schedule
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was actually able to check this right after the expansion, before pwdatabase updated but after I'd gotten a mold from a Wraithgate mob (Deadmarsh Hydrad) and compared where the mold dropped in PWI (pre-expansion) and PWCN (post-expansion.) Said mold had been an exclusive drop of Hornshell, and was now an exclusive drop of the hydrads... both in the normal drop table. Yes, there were always some molds that had a microscopic chance to drop from world mobs in the additional drops table, but you never saw molds drop from dungeon mobs... and certainly not 3 Glaives of Divinity molds from Ruinous Skelevizen Generals in one day (2 in one instance) like I have post-expansion.

The lower level molds (the ones from FB19 through 59 bosses) seem to have been removed from all drops, so the only ways to get those now are from other players who crafted them from molds dropped pre-expansion, or bound versions from Divine Weapons.

In some cases (Qianji) they've edited the drop tables, in others (Fushma, Calcid of the Flame) they've created a new version of the boss with a new ID, with a new drop table, so you can go to the old version of the boss and check what it dropped.
    I will admit that most of my research in this area was done on lower-level molds, but only due to the fact that you can get the high level ones from the Mysterious Merchant anyway.

Why all the inconsistency, I wonder? A good old-fashioned Cudgel of Ancient alloy can be obtained from a Ruinous Fungal Beast now, but god forbid I might ever want a Xeno's Sledge for a low-40s character. There's no logic in it. It's effectively removing content that never hurt anyone or negatively affected game balance in any way (in stark contrast to all the things they do need to change or remove).

Change is natural - that's the hallmark of MMOs, after all. But there's a difference between moving a piece of content to a different point of access, and flat-out removing it as if it was never important in the slightest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    seriously? way betr quests with higher rewards, mobs dropping moulds and 3* gear lot more frequently and low lvl bosses dropping dreamchaser equipment including orn's which are an important and otf over looked element on cash strapped low lvl's why the hell all the QQ add the new starting area into the mix with farmable flyer's and tbh new starts and mid lvl's have never had it so good and once you're landing in morai u have access to some of the best pve gear game has along with ..oh more good quests and kick *** rewards/skills ijs
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    weird. I know my main is well off but my lv 90+ cheap noob is being more self sufficient than ever before o.o Mostly due to the autoculti when im away from the keyboard allows me to fund the noob without pilfering the pockets of my main. Some of the skill books that drop are i think considered pretty powerful(?) in some upgrades so thats not really a surprise. As for any molds and what not, i find more normal mobs drop molds >_> the ones near bosses that u kill off first. The gears that drop from some bosses are a wonderful source of repair money o.o Theres alot of weekly events that pple completely ignore too that can be done with nonOP characters. (mainly because the OP pple think its not worth it but it stacks!) Check the game schedule

hate your alt bot
    b:angry
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Rebirth is a wonderful thing...for elite OP R9's with +12 gear and nowhere else to go....

However in their 'infinite wisdom" PWI has taken this opportunity to completely ignore the lower level players who used to spend hours farming caves for molds and dq drops, or hunting mini-bosses or whatever. It was not bad enough that PWI 'events' such as "Assault on Archesaur" and "Celestial Tigers" have become high level "rpk arenas", they have decided to cater almost exclusively (with this last expansion) to those elite few high levels that complain there's nowhere to go from here...

What about the rest of us PWI?

Skillbook drops in Eden and Brimstone have all but disappeared, mob-dropped molds are rare, and if you wine the cave (which most 'normals' do...) you get NOTHING!

Some skillbooks don't even exist for low level players (try finding lvl11 Aqua Blast for a psychic...)

That's just for starters...I know tons of your 'normals' have dozens of other examples where PWI is catering to others and ignoring you...

I 'get' that this is a 'player driven' game, and higher levels oft times are the ones pumping cash into the game, but come on PWI! You HAVE to keep the rest of us interested or we will never achieve those levels necessary to cause us to want to spend our money playing a 'free to play' game! If we don't feel we will ever be able to compete with those you have given this unfair advantage to, we may just all stop playing, then who will BUY the stuff the high levels are selling?

..and WHO IN HELL SAYS THIS IS A GAME?!? This is hard work! Please stop making our jobs harder than they already are PWI!

Exactly my thoughts !

Work one month or more for 1 level 89 skill Stone Barrier for what ?
    Then work again 1 month for 1 item or another ?

Repeating actions of grinding or stupid grinding using bot.

And then you stay in shining gear alone.
  • Sneeze - Sanctuary
    Sneeze - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To be honest, I think PWI has tried to make things easier for lower-level-normal players.

When I played in 2009, I had to grind and do quest constantly to get where I am now. Quest rewards were also much less (in terms of exp and coin) and there was no 2x exp/items. Getting 200,000 coins in one day was already an achievement. We also didn't have Jones Blessings or Dream Chaser Packs, etc. There was no such thing as a free mount or free wings; we had dodge aggro mobs or simply level up Flight Mastery.

Now you get all those things and starter packs that pop up in your inventory. Though it might take some time to get to where you want to be, you will eventually get there.

I really don't regret having to spend so much time to get to level 100 and have adequate gear. I thought it was fun to work up to something. And being a lower level is may be more fun than a higher level. Once you get to a high level, all one can think about is getting better gear and looking for farming squads. 8D
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited January 2014
    To be honest, I think PWI has tried to make things easier for lower-level-normal players.

When I played in 2009, I had to grind and do quest constantly to get where I am now. Quest rewards were also much less (in terms of exp and coin) and there was no 2x exp/items. Getting 200,000 coins in one day was already an achievement. We also didn't have Jones Blessings or Dream Chaser Packs, etc. There was no such thing as a free mount or free wings; we had dodge aggro mobs or simply level up Flight Mastery.

Now you get all those things and starter packs that pop up in your inventory. Though it might take some time to get to where you want to be, you will eventually get there.

I really don't regret having to spend so much time to get to level 100 and have adequate gear. I thought it was fun to work up to something. And being a lower level is may be more fun than a higher level. Once you get to a high level, all one can think about is getting better gear and looking for farming squads. 8D
    Let me explain:
    in other account I bought my flier (2.5 m speed) and then I see, that it can be got through Event Gold (all my effort trashed).
    In this account got flying sword using Event gold, but Gold I buy 10 times more expensive, then in the old account.

Also shifted not price of gold only, but main aim of game also, if before main aim was fun, then now it is power leveling to 100+.

Items with price like 50 millions ARE expensive, but these items reflect new standards of game.

And words, that in pve you can play even without gear are wrong at least.
    edited January 2014
    Exactly my thoughts !

Work one month or more for 1 level 89 skill Stone Barrier for what ?
    Then work again 1 month for 1 item or another ?

Repeating actions of grinding or stupid grinding using bot.

And then you stay in shining gear alone.
    dude even farmville takes time....b:surrender
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited January 2014
    dude even farmville takes time....b:surrender

Exist games, where player able to play, exist chat where you able to talk, exist this this forum at least. In real life sometimes you see interesting historical moments, see like people struggle for real money up to death (death of their live dolls-slaves).
  • Sneeze - Sanctuary
    Sneeze - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Let me explain:
    in other account I bought my flier (2.5 m speed) and then I see, that it can be got through Event Gold (all my effort trashed).
    In this account got flying sword using Event gold, but Gold I buy 10 times more expensive, then in the old account.

Also shifted not price of gold only, but main aim of game also, if before main aim was fun, then now it is power leveling to 100+.

Items with price like 50 millions ARE expensive, but these items reflect new standards of game.

And words, that in pve you can play even without gear are wrong at least.

I can understand where your frustration is coming from and I can see why you perceive the main aim as power leveling to 100+. However, I am not stating that you can play the game gearless ( as PWI gives you free gear) or that it doesn't suck to have to spend so much time getting something while it's easier for others.

I am simply stating that they have tried to make the game easier for lower levels to reach their goals. Yes, you may not have it as easy, but that's motivation to becoming better.

- Same thing can be applied to real life: Does a dog automatically know when to sit/stay on command? No, it had to be trained using time and effort! 8D
    edited January 2014
    i think i understand what hes saying but im not sure how i can explain in a phrase that he understands. Not sure if english is his language.
  • beatthegame
    beatthegame Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Great, another poorly thought out QQ thread by someone who wants everything for nothing. Rebirthing gives no greater proportional advantage to rr9r+12's than it does to g16+5's. As long as you do your quests and actually do the rebirth the same as the r9rr's and non lazy ppl do, you'll see that.

In fact! Probably the only thing that makes the update less proportionate in regards to an advantage would be not giving josd and deity sharded chars any advantage! Vit, garnet and sapphire sharded chars get the advantage of the new passives working for them.

In a sense PWI has closed the gap between josd/deity's and the less expensive shards.

Also pwi made lower lvl gear drops abundant, how I wish I could have had those gears when I was lower lvl and trying to reach 100. As well as giving us a free bot that is extremely simple and can be run by an 8 year old for those people who cant cash all the time or at all.

Pwi also made the majority of skill books easily attainable and cheap, giving "normal" players another advantage over the elite players who already had all their books which prior too the update cost a ton.

Oh! and don't let me forget! Neumas! the cheapest (free) stats , easiest (low lvl dungeons), that any player can do!

IHU PWI, WHY U MAKE GAME SO HARD FOR LAZY PEOPLE!
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Saw it coming when Eatswithspoons was still about. Some probably saw it in the years before I arrived. A lot felt the game had died when I was just noobing around in it for the first time - but I still had the ability to grow to love it back then.

As an example, the announcement of the new TW system. Small factions had to now bid in Ten Million Big Notes. This was said to help them participate more in TW. There previous 1 million to 3 million or more bids were no longer wanted - need not apply, and thats why we have so many more of them now. It was indeed a brilliant plan.

I would ask if statistics support that hypothesis, or is it more likely that it was because High-end factions were whining incessantly about stacked bids in TW?

Now, they give you D Orbs at a level that you cant use as a new/small-end player - your level 50 gear needs to be BOUND. b:laugh excellent 'trololol', pwi! b:victory

Nothing has changed - but do the statistics really support these overly-generous and carefully thought out plans to support your 'cannon fodder' and low levels, including new players to the game?

Btw, Im level 63 and still dont have a full set of anything, although the gears Im gaining are not as much fun to explore - crafting skills have been reduced to nothing in the game, and soon only the long-time player will have bothered to acquire any. I guess someone forgot I must of injected at least the equivolent of 100 gold into the economy of the game, JUST by getting my Blacksmithing to level 8. Yeah, I was silly and couldnt wait to get something notable under my belt, even if it was just Blacksmithing. b:surrender

Both the player and the purpose are catapulted to end-game and cash-shop. Im not complaining about the gears they have provided me along the way. Im not complaining about quality of anything, except the new players experience.

What is there to fall in love with for a new player?
    b:thanks
    edited January 2014

Btw, Im level 63 and still dont have a full set of anything, although the gears Im gaining are not as much fun to explore
    What is there to fall in love with for a new player?
    Nothings stopping them from farming TT like how the older players did, its just that they're told not to.
    By the older players.
    Because instance gear does start at TT60s
    So in essence its kind of the older players who are urging the newer players to 'hurry it up'
    What the older players see as a waste of time, is told and ingrained in the new player
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Great, another poorly thought out QQ thread by someone who wants everything for nothing. Rebirthing gives no greater proportional advantage to rr9r+12's than it does to g16+5's. As long as you do your quests and actually do the rebirth the same as the r9rr's and non lazy ppl do, you'll see that.

In fact! Probably the only thing that makes the update less proportionate in regards to an advantage would be not giving josd and deity sharded chars any advantage! Vit, garnet and sapphire sharded chars get the advantage of the new passives working for them.

In a sense PWI has closed the gap between josd/deity's and the less expensive shards.

Also pwi made lower lvl gear drops abundant, how I wish I could have had those gears when I was lower lvl and trying to reach 100. As well as giving us a free bot that is extremely simple and can be run by an 8 year old for those people who cant cash all the time or at all.

Pwi also made the majority of skill books easily attainable and cheap, giving "normal" players another advantage over the elite players who already had all their books which prior too the update cost a ton.

Oh! and don't let me forget! Neumas! the cheapest (free) stats , easiest (low lvl dungeons), that any player can do!

IHU PWI, WHY U MAKE GAME SO HARD FOR LAZY PEOPLE!

Oh great another reply that is poorly thought out, horribly organized, and full of errors.

Let's see. RB DOES give an advantage over non RB players. The extra stat points do SOMETHING. For mage classes, it's a massive boon. The extra magic is massive, and the damage it grants them is significant. Archers and Sins with 750 dex are not a laughing matter either. My 25k HP Barb got ONESHOT by a second RB Archer for over 40k.

This means that in NW, I get fewer points than I did before. How many fewer? I got just over 3k points last full NW I did on my Barb. I normally get 10k+.

This 'oneshotfest' that NW has become means that lower leveled and geared players aren't even participating (numbers for NW on Sanct are very much lower than they have been before, I saw less than 100 players per nation vs 200-300 per nation from the weeks before the last expansion), which means that lower geared/level players are not getting income from NW, which means that the advantage second RB R9R3+12 players have over non R9 player has just jumped multi-fold. It's basically a 'how much coin can I make this time ****fest'.

The low level gear you mentioned is ****, IMO. I'd take a set of mold made gear or TT gear over the boss drop ****. It's just an excuse for PW to charge more for socket stones (since the supposedly OP boss drop gear is 2 socket on drop only), as well as more from refining (since you can't recast/reuse/souledge and make better gear from it).

This benefits me since I have a lot of low level mold gear for my low level alts. Once this stuff becomes really hard to find and rare, I could sell it for a mint.

As for the new skillbooks, they are a mixed bag. I'm not willing to give up half of my AOE's on my BM to get new skills that have little to no advantage over the original skills. Sins got straight up robbed on the new books. So far, in fact, the ONLY skill I'm even remotely interested in is upgraded BB, since most of the skillbooks combine skills with procs or features I actually got the books just to have! I LOVE manadrain on Sage Vicious arrow. Watching a Barb run up only to find he has no Mana to Arma with is a lot of fun. The combined book completely lacks that.

As for Neuma, they don't really give that much, honestly. I have several on my Sin, and really, IDC. It's another feature that is essentially locked for FTP players. Certain people have complete sets of S level cards. Honestly, they paid a lot of coin or gold for them. Plus it's tricky if you want to level up one card from another and it's of a different level. You can't, essentially. So don't bring up the 'free' card on the Neumas, they are anything but free for the best ones, which are only going to be available to cashshoppers, merchants, or those rich by other means.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited January 2014
    Nothings stopping them from farming TT like how the older players did, its just that they're told not to.
    By the older players.
    Because instance gear does start at TT60s
    So in essence its kind of the older players who are urging the newer players to 'hurry it up'
    What the older players see as a waste of time, is told and ingrained in the new player

Nothing in the game has told me to go there yet either. And, I am side-tracked now by JJ quests, which although I had a lot of time off recently - I still cant keep up with them yet. I dont have a fast flyer either - normal speed .50, so they are rather time consuming as well, even if I port to the nearest city.

Im still working on Ferren Calcid, Rankar, Fushma...xD

A new player wouldnt necessarily mind being so much higher level for those things - but since this is my second serious toon, it almost feels like the pump is being primed for the Cash-shop when it comes to learning things like working with a squad really, learning how to use your skills, memorising buffs and debuffs, etc. When does that happen? Maybe while they are Reincarnating? Idk...anyway, on Brill, I was in Hallucinatory Trench already given my level b:chuckle

EDIT: I could be off-track here though. Maybe I was in Hallucinatory Trench already on Brill because there were still new players coming onto the server. *shrugs*
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Two words: Power Creep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxszx60ZwGw

Please watch.
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
    edited January 2014
    Nothing in the game has told me to go there yet either. And, I am side-tracked now by JJ quests, which although I had a lot of time off recently - I still cant keep up with them yet. I dont have a fast flyer either - normal speed .50, so they are rather time consuming as well, even if I port to the nearest city.

Im still working on Ferren Calcid, Rankar, Fushma...xD

A new player wouldnt necessarily mind being so much higher level for those things - but since this is my second serious toon, it almost feels like the pump is being primed for the Cash-shop when it comes to learning things like working with a squad really, learning how to use your skills, memorising buffs and debuffs, etc. When does that happen? Maybe while they are Reincarnating? Idk...anyway, on Brill, I was in Hallucinatory Trench already given my level b:chuckle

EDIT: I could be off-track here though. Maybe I was in Hallucinatory Trench already on Brill because there were still new players coming onto the server. *shrugs*
    i think the older players naturally found TT cause we did quests that led up to it (there are low lv quest in there), and explored places like archo forges that used the drops.
    edited January 2014
    i think the older players naturally found TT cause we did quests that led up to it (there are low lv quest in there), and explored places like archo forges that used the drops.

But older players didnt have Jolly Jones Orders, lol. Im now getting 73K an order. I mix "real quests" with Jolly ones. Its the only way to keep my sanity, especially since Im out-growing both kinda fast, tbh. b:chuckle

I get BHs and FBs done now, when I get them, and when I get the opportunity to do them. Brill was lucky she started playing when she did.
    b:thanks
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014

Plus there were other people to party with. Comparing low game now to way back then really is apples and oranges. They made things easier to solo (using that gear I soloed my own 19 and 29 on a couple of lowbie toons) but also it pushes people more towards rushing toward 100 which means group play is all but gone. I actually find low game harder now because if you don't want to FF, and actually want to play rather than watch some high level do everything for you. You're kind of screwed when it comes to getting stuff done. You'll be able to do some things alone but mostly you'll just be grinding.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!