Why oh why

ogunernile
ogunernile Posts: 99 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Cleric
In my never ending campaign for cleric rights, I have grown weary of the never end bug problem....when will we get our hp boost back? the uv skills dont work on mobs anymore and simply put as a pvp cleric we got shafted again..even if no new attack [i know i know.... endless tornado...weeee!] for christ sake couldn't you have worked in a new seal or howz about a new debuff?

what do you guys think?

please...even if you disagree, explain why. no trolling please. looking for answers and ideas only...
Post edited by ogunernile on

Comments

• SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ogunernile wrote: »
    In my never ending campaign for cleric rights, I have grown weary of the never end bug problem....when will we get our hp boost back? the uv skills dont work on mobs anymore and simply put as a pvp cleric we got shafted again..even if no new attack [i know i know.... endless tornado...weeee!] for christ sake couldn't you have worked in a new seal or howz about a new debuff?

what do you guys think?

I think clerics are pretty balanced, the update was fine and that you should stop whinging b:victory
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited January 2014

what do you guys think?

Clerics are among one of the most broken classes atm. Shut up already.
  • ogunernile
    edited January 2014
    Clerics are among one of the most broken classes atm. Shut up already.

trolls pouring out the woodwork i see. any intelligent debate available? if this is how you really feel then explain why. you are entitled to your opinion as i am mine. so hows about we tone down the reckless talk and you discuss your views?
  • ogunernile
    edited January 2014
    do all the trolls live on dreamweaver? lol.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sounds like someone didn't reincarnate yet...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited January 2014

what do you guys think?

please...even if you disagree, explain why. no trolling please. looking for answers and ideas only...

I'm sorry, but this was completely killed when u said clerics should get new debuff or seal b:surrender.

-Clerics pretty much Perma lock first of all.

-SOG(15sec seal and freeze that can't be broken without puri weapon( chances of purifying on caster class are slim)

-mark of weakness(short cd) ignores SOG dmg reduction and ignores sleep

-Sleep can be 30sec long giving time for cleric to do wtvr they want.

-OMG lol can sap other persons healing with absorbing array.
    -Can spamm heals.

-pretty much Perma shield with mp charm.

...so yea probably one of the most op classes atm. It's a support class that went haywireb:shocked.
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    Auerlius - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm sorry, but this was completely killed when u said clerics should get new debuff or seal b:surrender.

-Clerics pretty much Perma lock first of all.

-SOG(15sec seal and freeze that can't be broken without puri weapon( chances of purifying on caster class are slim)

-mark of weakness(short cd) ignores SOG dmg reduction and ignores sleep

-Sleep can be 30sec long giving time for cleric to do wtvr they want.

-OMG lol can sap other persons healing with absorbing array.
    -Can spamm heals.

-pretty much Perma shield with mp charm.

...so yea probably one of the most op classes atm. It's a support class that went haywireb:shocked.
    perma lock?

not with a sage sin 66% evasion

SoG?

silence ward pretty much mitigates that.

Sleep?

only one attack doesn't wake and duration depends on soulforce [or luck?]..though i do admit sleep is pretty good as it is cause of debuff potential

Spam heals?

not in uv mode, and can be interrupted...[thank god we will get on uninterruptable heal down the line]

Perma Shield?

hmm...this is a 50/50. requires a mp charm to be effective, no other class requires a charm for a skill to be effective.

btw ty for engaging in conversation and not trolling...most appreciated.
    Sounds like someone didn't reincarnate yet...
    on second inc. levels 95/101/105
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    .... you DO realize that clerics STILL have their HP regeneration buff in the form of a 30 minute buff for anyone who really, really wants it, right? They didn't lose it...
    And slash or people are going to be getting it from a demon cleric anyway if they're tanking since it gives the cleric a good boost to MP themselves and in that case demons directily regen MP of their target with IH anyway.

Some other classes did actually lose a skill altogether, like the veno's consume spirit... a skill that was basically just as useless as the HP regen buff since it's only 2.5 or something extra regen in combat (whereas mana... I don't know if it changes regeneration in combat but I'm sure it's, at +20 base regen per second much more useful for everyone than the 'everyone gets a magic attack boost buff' for example) and if you have a cleric in your party (dungeon wise), face it, no one is going to be meditating to get their HP back if they need it between monsters.
    I find the HP buff to be useful pretty much only in open world situations as a cleric (so would be using single buff anyway) or if you still ever give random people buffs.... and those random people you still have to give single target buffs since the major one is a party buff.

--tl;dr clerics didn't actually lose their HP regen because they have it in the form of a single buff if they/someone else absoluteily wants it, and to a party of people 20 MP regen is much more useful than 10 HP regen. (There is a reason barbs love demon clerics for their MP granting heal.)
    So euh.... I don't really see what the problem is :x sorry. You have a way to adpat and still use that skill.

Unless you're telling me that clerics actually had eight skills blobbed into one in which case.... euh...... what.....???

.....oh wow that was only like three words of your post
    I don't know what the whole 'ultraviolet skills don't work on mobs' means (my cleric is still in her high eighties), elaborate please?
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I also think Clerics are pretty well balanced and good that they don't need anymore seals or debuffs of any sort. The New Horizons skill upgrades were also pretty decent; fully buffing your squad faster, more HP healed with Wellspring, no cooldown on Cyclone in UVD mode. These may not seem much but they are neat little things.

The reasons I consider Clerics not needing any major update are because;

- They have good control skills, especially for 1v1s such as the long sleep, SoG, freeze.
    - They have various (good) heals for supporting their squad or themselves.
    - They have buffs which, unless stunned etc., they can quickly reapply even after a purge for both the team and themselves.
    - They have an effective, reliable and low-cooldown purify (unlike other classes that either have a chance at or the skill has a longer cooldown).
    - Various debuffs like physical debuff, magic debuff, heal debuffs, Mark of Weakness.
    - Other neat things like Pious Blessing (the Cleric version of Deaden Nerves).
    - Other neat things like extra physical defence from Sage Vanguard or extra magic attack from Demon Spirit's Gift.
    - Generally an arsenal of various skills to support their team in both PvE and PvP (obviously).
    - Various protection skills like Plume Shell for incoming physical damage and Guardian's Light to reduce damage taken.

This comes from a person that does play Cleric so as a Cleric myself I don't feel Clerics need anything major.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It us other elves that really needed a lil boost.

For fear of derailing the thread I will qq in silence.

*sniffle* b:sad
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    .... you DO realize that clerics STILL have their HP regeneration buff in the form of a 30 minute buff for anyone who really, really wants it, right? They didn't lose it...
    And slash or people are going to be getting it from a demon cleric anyway if they're tanking since it gives the cleric a good boost to MP themselves and in that case demons directily regen MP of their target with IH anyway.

Some other classes did actually lose a skill altogether, like the veno's consume spirit... a skill that was basically just as useless as the HP regen buff since it's only 2.5 or something extra regen in combat (whereas mana... I don't know if it changes regeneration in combat but I'm sure it's, at +20 base regen per second much more useful for everyone than the 'everyone gets a magic attack boost buff' for example) and if you have a cleric in your party (dungeon wise), face it, no one is going to be meditating to get their HP back if they need it between monsters.
    I find the HP buff to be useful pretty much only in open world situations as a cleric (so would be using single buff anyway) or if you still ever give random people buffs.... and those random people you still have to give single target buffs since the major one is a party buff.

--tl;dr clerics didn't actually lose their HP regen because they have it in the form of a single buff if they/someone else absoluteily wants it, and to a party of people 20 MP regen is much more useful than 10 HP regen. (There is a reason barbs love demon clerics for their MP granting heal.)
    So euh.... I don't really see what the problem is :x sorry. You have a way to adpat and still use that skill.

Unless you're telling me that clerics actually had eight skills blobbed into one in which case.... euh...... what.....???

.....oh wow that was only like three words of your post
    I don't know what the whole 'ultraviolet skills don't work on mobs' means (my cleric is still in her high eighties), elaborate please?
    ty for your thought i too do that to my squad

the 30 version then buff everyone, but the boost i was referring to was the 10% hp you get from UV dance. they have made 10hp instead. i dunno if that was a mistake or intentional but 10 hp is pretty pointless.

and the uv skills i meant were the arrays. i know it never worked on bosses, but it used to work on mobs.
    I also think Clerics are pretty well balanced and good that they don't need anymore seals or debuffs of any sort. The New Horizons skill upgrades were also pretty decent; fully buffing your squad faster, more HP healed with Wellspring, no cooldown on Cyclone in UVD mode. These may not seem much but they are neat little things.

The reasons I consider Clerics not needing any major update are because;

- They have good control skills, especially for 1v1s such as the long sleep, SoG, freeze.
    - They have various (good) heals for supporting their squad or themselves.
    - They have buffs which, unless stunned etc., they can quickly reapply even after a purge for both the team and themselves.
    - They have an effective, reliable and low-cooldown purify (unlike other classes that either have a chance at or the skill has a longer cooldown).
    - Various debuffs like physical debuff, magic debuff, heal debuffs, Mark of Weakness.
    - Other neat things like Pious Blessing (the Cleric version of Deaden Nerves).
    - Other neat things like extra physical defence from Sage Vanguard or extra magic attack from Demon Spirit's Gift.
    - Generally an arsenal of various skills to support their team in both PvE and PvP (obviously).
    - Various protection skills like Plume Shell for incoming physical damage and Guardian's Light to reduce damage taken.

This comes from a person that does play Cleric so as a Cleric myself I don't feel Clerics need anything major.
    i see your point, and gave my counters to those earlier on in the thread...all in all you are sensible but with the major skill improvements everyone else got..a heal, a new rb and bb [hate the males stances now btw and other than showing where the effect range is, does it do anything the old one didn't? idts] i just felt left out, and we lost or 10% hp buff which is super important if you pk as a cleric like i do.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah sorry my thoughts were all in a giant babble-y blob that was apparentily talking about the wrong thing OTL
    And eummm yeah 10 HP is pretty pointless, I hope that was a bug :x
    The arrays are the... ones that come up as a ginormous debuff box and steal your HP/potions and stuff right? I don't remember and can't find a matching name on ecatonb so it might be a player termOTL?
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    Yeah sorry my thoughts were all in a giant babble-y blob that was apparentily talking about the wrong thing OTL
    And eummm yeah 10 HP is pretty pointless, I hope that was a bug :x
    The arrays are the... ones that come up as a ginormous debuff box and steal your HP/potions and stuff right? I don't remember and can't find a matching name on ecatonb so it might be a player termOTL?
    yes the hp healing steal sills only useable in uv mode.
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    and other than show where the effect range is does it do anything the old one didn't?

Pretty sure the new BB actually gives more heals. That is if I remember correctly, original BB recovers 300 hp while the new one recovers 800? But I'm not ingame to personally check the exact numbers, so correct me if I'm wrong.
    I don't have the new RB yet though I'm sure it has something similiar in regards to some sort of increase to something.

I personally love the fact that you can see the range of it now. Makes is a lot more convenient and totally worth it to me....Also, side note, I think I like the new male stance better, the old seemed a little...weird to me..But that's just me. ^-^

As a cleric, I would say that we are pretty balanced. Though I don't pk/use UV all that often so I haven't actually looked into the hp buff? I don't remember the posts about all the skill changes in the past but I vaguely remember something about UV a while ago, don't remember what it was though. Probably some mention of it getting fixed to the proper amount yet never did. Wouldn't be suprised.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh hm about the HP/UVD thing..was it reported in the related thread? I don't remember if we ever got an answer about that change.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    HP still goes up in UV mode. Mine goes from 15596 to 15981 so idk. Is it supposed to be higher? I didn't get UV until after this expansion. Just had the normal one. :S

Anyway, I don't think clerics really need a boost, tbh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    yeah the original boost was 10%hp now it's 10 hp. and ty guys for sharing your views. i appreciate the trolllessness, lol. i may not agree as i do pk with a cleric and know all the weakness all to well. i guess what my experience has taught me is archers, sins and barb [and a few op seekers] have intrinsic advantages that make pk'ing vs them with a cleric kinda a lost cause. but don't take my word for it, get out there and see for yourselves. love you all you have given me food for thought i will say.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    Oh hm about the HP/UVD thing..was it reported in the related thread? I don't remember if we ever got an answer about that change.
    we didn't sadly
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1v1, archers are pretty much cleric food for the most part unless said archer outgears the cleric by a decent amount. Barbs, you're not really meant to take down 1v1 anyway. Sins...sins are probably the best 1v1 class in the game, but clerics are essentially magic sins in 1v1 as well. Seekers are lulz though and can be CC'd so easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A cleric is packed with a lot of stuffs, it's very convenient to pvp as a cleric, you carry buffs with you that help if being purged and with purify a cleric is kinda 'immune' to debuffs which in many situations could be the main cause of death.

My qq with cleric is about its aoe skill, cleric lacks aoe, the aoe skills we have are kinda slow and easily canceled sometimes and the quickest one cost one spark, the hardest hitting aoe costs 2 sparks with slow channeling, also the cooldowns are meh. We could use Heaven's Wrath to contribute more damage though, by amp-ing squads' damage, but it cancels 3 sparks which sometimes is more preferable than using Heaven's Wrath.

Another qq is cleric can't do fast kill, we have to set up a few debuffs before we can land a kill, though it's kinda fair since cleric is also quite tanky with its skillset, mainly its heal skills.

I agree that cleric is a well balanced class, if not OP :p , especially in 1on1, but the CC skills are very situational, our SoG disable an enemy but at the same time it also reduces a lot of damage, our sleep is useless in most situations because the target might wake up at instant in a mass pvp because of aoe from other team mates.

Despite all the qqs, it's enjoyable and fun playing a cleric as it is with all its pros and cons.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    i saw your other post. i am glad you put it up. as you can see i am not alone in feeling shafted. btw anyone know if the gonna fix our hp thingy?
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tbh i have no idea wtf the fuss is about. i utilzed the hp/mp buffs in tw as a marker to quickly identify squadmembers without cleric buffs. it is hard to tell who has which buffs/debuffs sometimes, since pwi - clever as always - limits the display of buffs/debuffs to 20. i didn't see any other use for that buff in pvp, sans the rare occasion where the extra 2.5 hp/s would save me. :D

while the real shame of the new skills is that it does not work in uv mode!
    as mentioned in another thread. the main benefit of this new skill is the 50 chi gain. but in full support mode a cleric rarely has chi problems. the problems occurr in 1v1 or metalmage aka uv-mode, exactly were the aoe buff with the nice chi gain does not work. imo that should be the reason for QQing, not the negligible 2.5hp regen in combat!
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Only real major update that I can think of is probably a MP reg passive skill or an update on plume shell with the addition of deity stones I think phy att users are making plume shell seem irrelevant and actually may hurt you in the long run.
  • SxeChik - Archosaur
    SxeChik - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cleric needs a seal that has paralyze effect or aoe purify with 10-20s cdb:thanks
    Insanity b:thanks
  • Cursing - Sanctuary
    Cursing - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why would anyone want to reincarnate? Getting to level 100 was bad enough the first time.
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why would anyone want to reincarnate? Getting to level 100 was bad enough the first time.

Why would anyone get up to ~150 more magic? vit?
    Why would anyone want to get 48% more physical and magical defense? Why more crit? More damage?
    Why would anyone upgrade their skills and heals?
    Why would anyone do flowsilver etc to get some cards with more attack, spirit, and defense?

I wonder... I reallly wonder why people wants that kind of stuff.....
    This is a test
  • Cursing - Sanctuary
    edited March 2014
    So what. Push a button and 100 levels just gone. Not even a puff of smoke to mark their passing. You stand there naked, because you can't wear your gear. No skills, nothing. And this means you not only go back to the miserable grind but you go back to dying since you can't heal or anything because you have no skills.

And don't give me that stat improvement nonsense because PWI doesn't give rewards. It give chances at rewards the possiblity that maybe you are the 1 in 1000 that will see some benefit on your fifth or sixth try.
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You can heal and use all skills, you can also wear your gear as soon you have the points for it. I could wear my full gear at lvl 26 or so, and that takes no more than a few minutes to get that when you get so much experience boost. I see lot of benefits, and its not really bad to level back to 100 when in rebirth state.
    This is a test
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You keep (and can use, from level 1) all your skills. You can wear any gear you have the stats for, regardless of required level, and you are gifted a weapon, top and pants equivalent to TT60 on first rebirth. You get an XP bonus multiplier to all kills and quests up to level 99, and high XP quests every 10 levels or so. You're given bonus stats based solely on your historical levels, no chance involved.

It took me 4 years to get my current main to 101. It took me less than 2 weeks after the expansion to get back to 100, and another two weeks or so to get to 100 the third time, an I'm currently 102/101/100. You're only shooting yourself in the foot by not reawakening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Cursing - Sanctuary
    edited March 2014
    First thanks for responding.

Third time. third time. YHGTBFKM, third time.
    You keep (and can use, from level 1) all your skills. You can wear any gear you have the stats for, regardless of required level, and you are gifted a weapon, top and pants equivalent to TT60 on first rebirth. You get an XP bonus multiplier to all kills and quests up to level 99, and high XP quests every 10 levels or so. You're given bonus stats based solely on your historical levels, no chance involved.

It took me 4 years to get my current main to 101. It took me less than 2 weeks after the expansion to get back to 100, and another two weeks or so to get to 100 the third time, an I'm currently 102/101/100. You're only shooting yourself in the foot by not reawakening.

Experience boost. Is this experience boost provided by the game or do I have to buy hypers or scrolls or something? I have a skill I picked up in Morai that prevent experience loss will I be able to keep that or will I loose it have to buy the book again or will it be gone for good? What about the other books I have bought and consumed on this toon? And do these same rules apply on the THIRD TIME?

I am aware that I am ranting. I want you all to know that I am not ranting at the gamers. I am ranting at the game. It was kind of you all to read much less respond to my post. I am just aghast a the stones on these PWI people. Third time. three no less. Unbelievable.