Pwi Jobs

Options
m0nst3rsk1ll3rs
m0nst3rsk1ll3rs Posts: 38 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
Is there any job for pwi that can be practiced from home/uk?I`m spending a lot of time in this game and a gm/bug reporter or support staff job will be great.can any of pwi stuff reply to me?thx.
Post edited by m0nst3rsk1ll3rs on

Comments

• Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    All work for the company is done from either the European, Asian or US offices.
  • m0nst3rsk1ll3rs
    m0nst3rsk1ll3rs Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    k sir
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    You don't want to play that game anymore ?
    GM are not allowed to play to the games they are dealing with.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014
    Options
    You don't want to play that game anymore ?
    GM are not allowed to play to the games they are dealing with.
    This statement is incorrect. I've known a few GM's that actively play. They just can't play on their GM account, and aren't supposed to tell anyone that they are a GM on their real account.

Also, for PWE, you need to live near San Jose, California, or wherever it is that they pretend to have people working in Europe. If you want to work for Wanmei (PW-CN), you will need to be somewhere in Beijing.

They don't support remote staff or I would have been a GM/CM a long time ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    This statement is incorrect. I've known a few GM's that actively play. They just can't play on their GM account, and aren't supposed to tell anyone that they are a GM on their real account.

Hum ok... So maybe you're right but i'm very surprised. I thought that this kind of things caused a lot of problem on PW-MY and that this was totally unallowed (for quite obvious cheating reasons) in PWI.
    I understand that this can happen because this is quite difficult to control, but I find really weird that PWE can officially allow this...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Is there any job for pwi that can be practiced from home/uk?I`m spending a lot of time in this game and a gm/bug reporter or support staff job will be great.can any of pwi stuff reply to me?thx.

sorry you failed the first part of the job interview, which is finding on your own the jobs link ( "Career") on every single pwi page, yes including the forums
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Hum ok... So maybe you're right but i'm very surprised. I thought that this kind of things caused a lot of problem on PW-MY and that this was totally unallowed (for quite obvious cheating reasons) in PWI.
    I understand that this can happen because this is quite difficult to control, but I find really weird that PWE can officially allow this...
    There's a lot of tracking in place. Pretty much, anything they do on the GM toons is logged. Thus, they are not able to abuse the GM toons to cheat by giving things to their regular accounts.

Hell, everything you do is logged for that matter. You would be amazed at the number of things the server keeps track of.

It's not hard to control at all. Every little thing the GM account does is tracked, and will need to match problem-solving in existing tickets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I am not surprised, as most people who earn positions such as this have demonstrated the ability to be trusted with the additional power these positions carry, much like the employee who has earned the right to carry the business safe key/combination because they have proven by their actions they will not steal the money/takings when given the opportunity.

We are human and sometimes people may abuse this system but for the most part it works well.
    What does surprise me, is that some people think they should be given that trust without having to prove anything at all lol.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I reckon they do most of their GM recruitment by invitation, or by folk submitting resumes. I'm not sure what kind of a job it would entail, but wager it's mostly plowing through endless hordes of support tickets in something vaguely resembling english crying about folks using bots/hacks/whatnot and asking for them to be banned. I've been a GM in another game and have seen the stuff that floats into the GM reporting inbox... Most of it would put the "Lower Depths" section in this forum to shame. And that was a game where I wager less then a thousand individuals participated.

Being an admin / GM / community manager (all seperate things, but related) requires a fair and responsible attitude. And an immunity to bullcrap, since a lot of it will be flung your way. (Just take a look in the Morai outage threads if you don't believe that...)

[Edit]And while using the GM char to boost yourself or friends would be a big redflag, I do think GMs or PWI employees in general would get a bit of a Zen bonus... right?
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • bluesmist
    bluesmist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    yep on the career page it states that becoming a GM, he or she can receive free zen for any Pwi games
  • thelordoflol
    thelordoflol Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    OP wants a job but can't find their career page? Not getting off to a great start. I wouldn't hire you solely based on that and that alone. I find that to be the equivalent of not being able to find your way out of a paper bag.

There is a career link at the bottom of the page. There is a career link at the bottom of almost every webpage(for corporations) on all of the Internet, how do you miss that?
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    OP wants a job but can't find their career page? Not getting off to a great start. I wouldn't hire you solely based on that and that alone. I find that to be the equivalent of not being able to find your way out of a paper bag.

There is a career link at the bottom of the page. There is a career link at the bottom of almost every webpage(for corporations) on all of the Internet, how do you miss that?

I wouldn't hire you because you're a jerk.

I wouldn't work for you either, same reason.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Shock_n_awe - Sanctuary
    Shock_n_awe - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I wouldn't hire you because you're a jerk.

I wouldn't work for you either, same reason.

You also wouldn't have to worry about it , you have nothing I want, including a job and I wouldn't hire you either because you are too pathetically sympathetic.

I just call it like it is. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong. Cold? Sure. True? Oh yeah.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    If you are interested in a position PWE has to offer, please consult the career page. There you will find links to job descriptions, as well as ways to apply for one. Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.