Official Notes/Observations for New Horizons - 1.30.14 UPDATED

Comments

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wanted to pop in to say thanks to DoD for actually updating this thread. He may not be v4liance, but he's definitely trying. :)

Though I do want to point out a problem I have with one "neutral" listing. The fact that molds no longer drop from early instance bosses is IMO a universal negative. Furthermore, most of those molds have not "moved to the normal mob drop tables." If you check pwdatabase, some of them don't have any drops at all and are entirely unobtainable, while others just have a miniscule chance of dropping from world mobs, like they always had.

I will admit that this is a personal issue for me. There was no reason to remove the molds. There's no reason the Dreamchaser gear and the molds couldn't coexist as boss drops. There is so much in this game that actually does need to be removed, the fact that they removed such an established piece of the lowgame instead will never cease to amaze me.

But I digress. On a completely different topic... I ran into a problem with a quest recently. The "Last Leopard" quest can't be completed anymore, because on one step of the quest it tells you that you're too low level to turn it in. Pwdatabase lists that step as requring Level 150. Eh, maybe I should just put that in Quality Corner...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • WilliamTell - Raging Tide
    WilliamTell - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "13. Warsong's difficulty has been slightly increased, including pavillions."

Slightly increased? Mobs are harder to kill, mobs spawn on Snake boss run at the boss, and now on the pavilions, the heads create circles on you that blow up if you don't move in time. If you put an archer on metal now he's dead meat. Metal skills have long channel times and you won't be able to move in time.

Remove the circles created by the heads, and take out the extra fluff on the Snake run, it's pointless and annoying. Sometimes I wonder who makes up this extra stuff. Hire one of the players here for content design and you'll have a much bigger player base and probably net twice the profit per year.

Why? Here's the scenario: You made it easier to get T3 gear and weapons by badge farming. So you've got people who wanted R9 but can't afford it, but they can afford to farm T3 and then cash shop for refining items. If they had to straight farm R9 they would quit from the boredom. Player base went up, profits went up.

Now you've made it twice as hard to farm Warsong for badges, and people are giving up on T3 farming, and that means you can say goodbye to the money they would spend in the boutique on refining aids, and any other money they would spend in the game on fashion if they kept playing.

Sometimes I wonder if there are disgruntled employees responsible for this messed up content, because it honestly seems like half of it makes people want to give up and go play something fun.
    ...A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the heavens come crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear in this world, I bid you stand, warriors of Pellucidar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    8. Morai daily quests' experience, prestige, and influence reward increased significantly

Hmmmmm... I'm getting 30 prestige and around 60 or so influece by doing all my dailies on morai... Am I missing something?
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So the planned time for a patch is this Friday or Saturday?

That should make all the TW people happy.

Here it is almost 8pm on a Tuesday and no word on any maintenance TONIGHT yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    So the planned time for a patch is this Friday or Saturday?

That should make all the TW people happy.

Here it is almost 8pm on a Tuesday and no word on any maintenance TONIGHT yet.

No, those updates in this thread aren't about maintenance. Those are about when a GM will next edit this thread to give us feedback on what's happening with these changes. All of his edits are in shades of red. Other edits are done by the mod team.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ah, I mistook the word update for a patch.

Another game I play says the expected date of the next update, which means the next patch b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • thedoc1212
    thedoc1212 Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    -snip huge quote-
    8. How bout fixing FlowSilver to what it say a instance in this game can be done more then once for drops and rewards but I guess that is a missed point. this instance should be a daily not a instance for let us farm it. and fix the glitch in it.
  • Dami_ - Heavens Tear
    Dami_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The BM skills phi (primal sage) farstrike and omega (primal demon) farstriek have a description error, it says that they stun for 3 seconds, actualy they what realy do is freeze (or immobilize, depend how in the server the people call the effect)
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Im not sure if someone already stated this, or if it has anything to do with new horizons, but it wasnt on front page.

When you hit check the rankings at the npc Smooth Antoine, the rankings for both seekers and mystics, while having the proper emblems, both say mystic. Clearly an error.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Warsong has been fixed with this update.
    And I barely noticed any change in difficulty, besides traps in pavs. I would actually say it's easier, mobs and bosses seem to have lower hp or is it just me
  • Dami_ - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2014
    this is a quite old thing but, i'm the only one that have noticed that the land boss at heavens tear named "terrorclaw" when one get near to it, it losts its face? and all the other mobs that have the same design have the same glitch

in Flowsilvar Palace, at the second boss (the one that is in the water room that looks like a dragon) when one have to kill its offsprings before reach the boss, there is 1 that have a glitch that make it hard to kill, like if the mob when you select it disapear and looks like that fall under floor, making it only be able of be killed be ranged attacks

now some of the new skills on the descripions, at the beginning of the sentece always apear an extra letter.
  • sunsunny4444
    sunsunny4444 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I sure many of you have experience this glitch many time, either you are doing TT or FC, you get this running glitch on sin, the glitch made the character running on the same spot, its hard/not able to use skill at all when the glitch happening, only way to fix this is tele pot to another instance or relog. its very annoying b:cry
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Localization error, BM skill Tiger Leap (forward leap) now reads the description of BM skill leap back.

It seems it now describes leaping forward, but prior to the expansion the description said a 65% chance to evade negative status effects, now it says 35%. Is this really the case or is this a localization error again? So far I haven't noticed a difference, but if it was nerfed that would be nice to know.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just noticed another bug @ Thousand Streams City. If anyone goes there to 132,864 cords. There character will just suddenly jump to the sky and again when u come back stand there in the same spot your character will jump in the sky it keeps on repeating.
    It is a funny bug i don't know if anyone else has noticed this on there server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Warsong has been fixed with this update.
    And I barely noticed any change in difficulty, besides traps in pavs. I would actually say it's easier, mobs and bosses seem to have lower hp or is it just me

Yes, I was one shotting mobs in wood pav, and normally 2-3 shot them, I had assumed it was down to the extra 100 dex I have and my WA cards but they may have lowered HP, the traps were odd, not sure how the damage is calculated, sometimes would hit me for 2k or 200 and anywhere in between.

Also there are various reel in's from bosses and stuff. :o
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just noticed another bug @ Thousand Streams City. If anyone goes there to 132,864 cords. There character will just suddenly jump to the sky and again when u come back stand there in the same spot your character will jump in the sky it keeps on repeating.
    It is a funny bug i don't know if anyone else has noticed this on there server.

Not really a bug, it's a remnant from the 'Chase the fairies' or whatever it was called, a quest only available in the 1st stage of opening the world spire to access primal world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sage lightning strike chance for miss is around 70%? LOL broken skill ftw?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • sunsunny4444
    edited January 2014
    even demon bp is now 3% on effect? i thought it only sage version?! it said on the new update demon bloodpaint description 3% instead of 2%
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    even demon bp is now 3% on effect? i thought it only sage version?! it said on the new update demon bloodpaint description 3% instead of 2%

That's probably a localization error; they messed up a few other skill descriptions, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • sunsunny4444
    edited January 2014
    i find that when u use auto botting always get stop or stuck after doing self-buff, specially using the assist Combo skill slot, please fix that bug. b:surrender
  • Dami_ - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2014

14. Lady Wraith has been renamed "YourName" Fixed

The npc is fixed but the war avatar, in the book and the card, continue named as "YourName"
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    when you buy a Sky Cover from a shop it disappears and you must relog in order to get it back.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Doom_Panda - Harshlands
    Doom_Panda - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    when you buy a Sky Cover from a shop it disappears and you must relog in order to get it back.

This happens every once in awhile and can happen to any item and has happened since before this expansion iirc.
    Mains:
    Doom_Panda- 102/101/102 R9 3rd cast Demon Barb 40k HP.
    Dawnx - 100/85 Demon Cleric.
    PsychicTuna- 101/100 Sage Psychic.
    DawnMyst- 96 Demon Mystic.

PANDAS FTW. AND I b:heart ARMA! b:avoid
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    3*s dropped by Brim (and presumably Eden) bosses decomp to a handful of perfect stones, with the old decomp charge.

Faction Slogan entry is messed up even more than it has been... was unable to find a way to post a meaningful message (tried just alphabetic and spaces, and alphabetic and numerals... no punctuation either time.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    2. Game freezes when attempting to autopath a long distance from a mount. Can be fixed by relogging or using town teleport pot or by embracing [Fixed]

This is false, its not fixed, tryed to read back but didnt saw anyone posted it, just tryed to autopath till i was mounted, to see it is fixed, and i got glitched.
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dami_ - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2014
    demon primal spirit chaser skill have a description error.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    demon primal spirit chaser skill have a description error.

It helps to post what the description error is.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    added to quality corner, will add here.

Endless breeze - New offensive passive skill only adds 1% more skill damage, not 2
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    added to quality corner, will add here.

Endless breeze - New offensive passive skill only adds 1% more skill damage, not 2

Ummm well that is a passive buff that you need to upgrade in order to learn a higher %.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is false, its not fixed, tryed to read back but didnt saw anyone posted it, just tryed to autopath till i was mounted, to see it is fixed, and i got glitched.

This.

Tried it and it's not fixed.
This discussion has been closed.