Century Golden Toad :: remove barb req

Bloodstains - Dreamweaver
Bloodstains - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
anyone else sick of spending 1hr+ a day tryin to find a barb just to do this? and wasting tons of tele's only to end up in squad disbanding cause of no barbs.

please make it atleast so any Heavy Armor class can tank the damage or something, this is just getting stupid...
Post edited by Bloodstains - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Level an alt barb, reincarnate, never again spending so much time o:

Personally never had the problem and our faction doesn't boom with barbs either...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Bloodstains - Dreamweaver
    Bloodstains - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Level an alt barb, reincarnate, never again spending so much time o:

shouldn't have to level an alt just to get an instance done, takes long enough to farm for my main.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This proves that the game had lost its edge when you can't fill out a popular instance that gives great things so far.
  • SxeChik - Archosaur
    SxeChik - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Personally I like the barb requirement since I often happen to find a barb for fsp without any problem.
    Insanity b:thanks
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    shouldn't have to level an alt just to get an instance done, takes long enough to farm for my main.

Lol... Just wait until people reincarnate more than their main char then. It's only a matter of time til people will drag their alts to that instance too anyway....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's do-able without a Barbarian. He announces his attack beforehand in red letters and after 5 seconds he releases it; you can triple spark and resist it (additionally Faith works and it can get resisted by Tidal Protection if lucky). The thing is being able to maintain aggro and have enough sparks each time for triple sparking.

Though I'm not against a change in this seeing as they did weaken Hellfire (or so they said) after the complaints of him being too strong.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    no...
  • Eledrial - Archosaur
    Eledrial - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i just get squads to pay for me to tank on my barb. do so many runs every day because there are not enough barbs on server
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't know I think it's ok the way it is. All of the squads I've joined already had a barb though so I guess my opinion is moot.

Honestly though squads are always looking for something, whether it's a barb, cleric, or even just any DDs. I've seen several squads in world chat that were looking for just DDs for a decent amount of time, so it's not JUST barbs people sometimes have a hard time finding it seems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KorruptSoul - Heavens Tear
    KorruptSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You dont Need a barb to do this instance. Well geared Psy's can tank it as well, or just a squad that pays attention to the warnings the boss gives... ijs
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So where's the boss that kills all classes but archers? Racist bosses do not belong in the game.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    While we are at it, remove any dot debuffs so fail clerics can continue to plague squads w/o knowing proper purify usage!
  • SilverMayhem - Archosaur
    SilverMayhem - Archosaur Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So where's the boss that kills all classes but archers? Racist bosses do not belong in the game.

in AEU the other day, i was on my cleric and we didnt' have a barb. I told them "I can log my barb because we might need him." Not gonna name, but a BM said "Barbs are useless... Only good for buffs." I wont be running a squad with him on any instance anymore to say the lease.

As for the topic of this thread. No. In everyone other instance you NEED a cleric. Why? hell if i know, that's what people believe because they've never done it a certain way. So this instance is actually the only instance that requires a barb or he will one shot 1 or more. Personally, i've only seen him one shot 1 person at a time. Usually the person with aggro that isn't the barb.

On the other hand, I am afraid that this will have a Warsong Cleric effect.
    I.E. On Arch, there aren't many clerics. So ppl Plvl them and bring them into Warsong. Usually with Morai or Lower gear. Dont even bother getting G15 or -Channeling gear (TT99/G15). This is because we need a Cleric so bad that most are willing to bring in a under geared, and maybe under skilled player, cleric to get the run down. I just hope i dont see this happening to FSP with Barbs.

As for the QQing about finding a barb. Maybe people shouldn't bring 2 barbs into one squad? I've been on alot of runs on alts and i've seen this. Arch has a more problem with people bring 2 venos or 5 r9+ Archers and then people QQ about no purging Class.

b:surrender Iim a barb with a 20% Purge Proc Rate.

But lets be honest, do we REALLY need a purge. Its not like that extra boost of HP makes the boss immortal. If you can't get a Veno, get an extra magic DD, Archer, or Seeker. If you can't get a barb, learn Genie skills and a way around it. Just like you dont need a female class in that instance at all >.>. To me, its all Recommended.
    Logic = Against ToS. It's the answer to all "Wtf..." Moments during normal gameplay with other players.
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    While we are at it, remove any dot debuffs so fail clerics can continue to plague squads w/o knowing proper purify usage!

It makes me want to bash my head into my keyboard when I bump into clerics like that. Tempts me to log on my cleric and push them out of the way since they have no idea what they are doing and it aggravates me (in any instance in which that is relevant). Good thing I only do FSP on my cleric so far since that's my only rebirth toon at the moment....

Back to topic, but yeah I mean I've heard of toad boss being tankable by other classes, never personally seen it though, but it's possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In any mmo there is someone...:

"Derp can we do this high lv instance without a tank/healer/DD derp derp no like effort and patience derp?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Whenever I see on WC people begging for barbs, I remember way back in the Raging Tides expansion, when people (mostly sins) starded to mock barb players, saying they're useless and unecessary for squads anymore...

I guess the saying "Payback is a beach" fits really well on this situation...
  • Sylki - Harshlands
    Sylki - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    if it was barb or seeker...then it'd be waaaay easier. There seems to b an abundance of seekers everywhere u turn..but kitties are rather rare. I almost nvr wanna start and fsp unless there's a barb that I know who's willing to go.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    eraldus wrote: »
    Whenever I see on WC people begging for barbs, I remember way back in the Raging Tides expansion, when people (mostly sins) starded to mock barb players, saying they're useless and unecessary for squads anymore...

I guess the saying "Payback is a beach" fits really well on this situation...

Back in the day when barbs were almighty and godlike, always stated their own stipulations, were paid for their work, always got best stuff from runs, I don`t want those days back, and doubt any1 does, this is just because nowadays barbs are considered unnecessary, thus most people switched to better alternatives, mostly archers or seekers (know a few who did precisely this) for pvp purposes, thus, reawakened them 1st, leaving their old barbs to collect dust.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2014

"Derp can we do this high lv instance without a tank/healer/DD derp derp no like effort and patience derp?"

It's not about tankiness. You can have a **** geared barb with like 15k hp and it won't be one shot by the boss while a 30k hp +12 josd sharded BM would be. There is nothing about that barb that would qualify it as a tank since it has lousy survival but for a purely arbitrary reason it won't be one shot.

That being said I am getting good about avoiding the one shot with wings of grace and kiting so maybe the issue will work itself out.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No...
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014

Too true f:laugh That's why I love me a MMO without the holy trinity <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Back in the day when barbs were almighty and godlike, always stated their own stipulations, were paid for their work, always got best stuff from runs, I don`t want those days back, and doubt any1 does, this is just because nowadays barbs are considered unnecessary, thus most people switched to better alternatives, mostly archers or seekers (know a few who did precisely this) for pvp purposes, thus, reawakened them 1st, leaving their old barbs to collect dust.

I know those barbs you're talking about... there is a name for them. Noobs. And not all barbs were like that... people spoiled barb players by paying their repairs bills for runs, whenever they begged for it.

I still facepalm to this day, when somebody actually pays barbs for doing their part on squads.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's not about tankiness. You can have a **** geared barb with like 15k hp and it won't be one shot by the boss while a 30k hp +12 josd sharded BM would be. There is nothing about that barb that would qualify it as a tank since it has lousy survival but for a purely arbitrary reason it won't be one shot.

That being said I am getting good about avoiding the one shot with wings of grace and kiting so maybe the issue will work itself out.
    i know that astypoo i run it with you b:surrender

altho that i think depends on how often you can combo the skills that use few sparks to maintain steadyness on the boss. Archers in that sense, have it a bit easier
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Gnip - Raging Tide
    Gnip - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I concur with my barb brothers: no...
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I believe this problem will solve itself. If everyone is in need of barbs eventually they will roll a barb, learn to actually play the class, be needed in the game finally and realize its not a terrible class to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chaosbeibei - Harshlands
    Chaosbeibei - Harshlands Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    at the current state of pve, barb is useless except for buffs, its harsh but its the truth. barb cant keep aggros from the dds now days. and everyone is so tanky now, with or without barbs wont affect the efficiency. and barb is a very expansive class to play r9rr barbs with 50k hp every charm tick is 25k....how long does a plat charm last? and barbs dont have the group fight capabilities like archers wiz and psy, so why would people deck out a barb spent the most charsm and pots, not even half the killing power in group fights as wiz archer or psy? this is why theres less and less pp playing barbs. and pwi set an instance that reqs a class that no one plays, there is simple not enough barbs to go around. not everyone is r9rr+12, and barb req for toad boss should be removed or at least set to all heavy armors can tank it. this saves a lot people time, it is not fair for one class to **** over the other 9 classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I believe this problem will solve itself. If everyone is in need of barbs eventually they will roll a barb, learn to actually play the class, be needed in the game finally and realize its not a terrible class to play.

I don't want to play a barb. I've never been into playing animals in MMOs. I prefer the more human looking characters and a psychic is enough of a step out of my desired character style. I agree with the statement someone said earlier that a tank with endgame gear, and JoSD and 30k hp should not have less survivability than an under-geared 15k flea bitten, shedding, pandatiger that needs a bath.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is what happens when you do not hug Barbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Fallonswiz - Dreamweaver
    Fallonswiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There are some seekers and some BM's that can tank this instance with no problems.

Shade and Kan are 2 seekers that come to mind.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is what happens when you do not hug Barbs.

I always do D: they are fluffy.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★