how to **** bots ?

WannaBM - Archosaur
WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
A guy who is farming in my area regularly pulls a boss to me when im auto cultivating.

I tried doing the same to him, but he is aparently using a third party bot. It behaves differently. It does not attack the boss.

Any tips on how to **** over a bot like that ? Its a pretty OP R9 sin...
Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
Post edited by WannaBM - Archosaur on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Have you... tried reporting him for using 3rd party software?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A guy who is farming in my area regularly pulls a boss to me when im auto cultivating.

I tried doing the same to him, but he is aparently using a third party bot. It behaves differently. It does not attack the boss.

When you are using the pwi-botter - are you using skills to aggravate the area mobs?

If you can, see if there are air mobs or water mobs that give you the same benefits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Leave a trail of coins (unless he has 200m in inventory) other option would be DQ`s that drop there, he will pretty much have all inventory full of separated DQ items if he is not dumb, and hope his range is very long, if not, pretty much nothing you can do. Report the **** if you are certain he is using a 3rd party program.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    Have you... tried reporting him for using 3rd party software?

I have read enough on the forums to know that is useless.

His picking up drops is also rather strange. He doesnt pick up anything when im near him or something like that. When both toons target the same mob, he gets the kill since he 2-shots them, but if im there too, he doesnt pick up the drop even though its his kill.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014
    Sounds like he's using one of the better coded 3rb party bots. It's got anti-KS and drop control and actually reads the active memory data from the client.

Used to be you could report it, and if they could definitively follow up on the botting, they would get banned for a period of time.

Un-fortunately, now the support staff is spread very thin and doesn't have the resources they used to, to be able to track and investigate a bot. Add to that the fact that there's a bot built-in to the client, and it's even more difficult.

I'd just find another area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jairoluis
    jairoluis Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2014

1 get a psy with level 1 soul of vengance and buff him...hopefully the boss is aoe and it migh attack the bot and sov will reflect damage... it also takes energy from every reflection so target might run out of energy to cast bloodpaint.
    2 hit the next mob the bot is trying to attack and take it with you...works like a charm when you take the mob to magic mobs

3 build a 6 16 archer and win the fight b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    Thanx guys. Ill try some of that.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think the OP has his bot in the location and wants to get rid of the other bot,nice one OP nice one.

My 10 year old wouldn't even cry about bots dude.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why has no one made an immature joke about the thread title yet. b:surrender
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why has no one made an immature joke about the thread title yet. b:surrender

...at the edge of a cliff, so it pushes back! Happy? b:surrender
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I used to see groups of 6 or so bots farming fruit and hay and such in a swarm all the time. I would lead them into higher level mobs with coin drops, and once I even led them into fb 19 elf from farming hay. Didnt see them again that day so I assumed they were just sitting in there trying to fly b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Brett - Morai
    Brett - Morai Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wait until they aggro a few, and seal of god the mob they are attacking, when that runs out, expel them. Or just drag a boss over and put 1 coin at it's feet.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    When botting used to be forbidden - no one got banned anyways (for whole 1 year i reported botter..he never got banned or anything) and yah he is still playing and botting ;D

Now that botting is allowed by PWI - of course no one will get banned ;D
  • hagen2244
    hagen2244 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I sent tickets over 2 years because the same bots from a big faction on Archosaur Server (This faction use a lot of bots for farming an win every TW with best gear)...

No one from them was banned! I got over 2 years the same autoanswer...
    A friend said to me PW know the player and let them botting, all my tickets was useless.

Now we have a onlinegame full with bots, but no active player.
    This game is dead!
  • _GGG - Archosaur
    _GGG - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014

"your" area? You're probably farming in "his" area. You have no idea if he started botting there regularly before you. b:shutup
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    "your" area? You're probably farming in "his" area. You have no idea if he started botting there regularly before you. b:shutup

I sure do have an idea. But i dont mind him farming there too. I just mind him gettin me killed
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    maybe if its a very smart bot its not a bot at all, he is just not afk? b:bye
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not sure there really is a way to prove he's using 3rd party software anymore. As far as I know, the way GMs used to check was to actually log in and PM them, stating they had X amount of time to reply, or they were going to be banned.

Now that there's an in-game bot, that method would be useless. So depending on how this supposed 3rd party bot is coded, there may be nothing that can be done. I would think any 3rd party bot is untraceable due to the old method now being moot. If it's somehow run through the server, they could trace that, but that also takes effort.

Let's just all face it... the in-game bot was included as a way to make it fair for everyone. They don't have the resources to combat botting in PWI. We don't have our own, dedicated CM as far as I know, much less our own GM's. So instead of having to sort through the piles of botting tickets, this is their short term answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Report him - if he displays both botting behaviour and things autoculti cannot do, you can easily get the character (including R9 gear) banned for good. Trick is to be polite in the ticket, and make your case in a way that the support staff doesn't need to do much evidence gathering. A FRAPS report is a good way to do this. "Olol this guy is using bot program plz ban him" or similar reports are very likely to just go ignored. I've previously reported a few bots that were mining resources, haven't seen them since.

Also, I've seen similar characters. You -can- still pull them onto a boss usually, with a trick. Grab an NPC of the kind that is near the boss, damage it a little and lure it towards the botter. Then fly up, as soon as the botter attacks it. Then fly up causing the NPC to yellowglow back to it's point of origin, near the boss. Bots are stupid and do not recognize the NPC is damage immune, and will pursue it until the end of the world. Once the boss has grabbed aggro, problem solved.

Problem is, people still using the actual bmbot over autoculti will also automatically resurrect, so it doesn't really get them out of the area. Does cause a bunch of xp loss and charm burn.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Clockwise
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ...at the edge of a cliff, so it pushes back! Happy? b:surrender

I am. Funnest and funniest thing Ive seen today. xD The mental picture is hilarious. b:chuckle
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmm, if he has anti-KS ability then this won't work but grab a boss, bring it over, and self heal until the bot tab targets and attacks. Now the boss is his.

You're a barb, you could just grab Jewelscalen and kite him over then camp above him holding. Depends how squishy the guy is, but its a decently hard hitting magic aoe. Plus, that boss can be dragged anywhere.

Grab his mob, run with it. He'll follow it a long ways and many mobs will aggro onto the both of you. Then fly up in the air. The mobs will reset but if you ran out of his range he'll run back through them on his way to his starting point and reaggro them all by himself. If you can expel him it usually pauses bots for a time after the expel wears off.

I liked the SoV idea earlier to aggro aoe bosses b:laugh
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Anyone else feel like they have been transported back in time, in another browser game, where bot-hunting in the Wildy became the shizzle? b:surrender

"Dress in green and type 'flax' in your local chat over and over again."

"Pick flax, and lay a trail of it to the mobs."

o.0