Disable Foot Sounds

MesmerizeYou - Heavens Tear
MesmerizeYou - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Suggestion Box
Sounds of feet are annoying. Please disable them so we won't have to turn off game music completely...for years!

Poll: How many people disable turn off game sound coz of the annoying feet sounds?
Post edited by MesmerizeYou - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just turn off the effect sounds and keep music sound on? f:sweat

I play it completely muted and listen to other music instead tbh.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    eh i like hearing the other game sounds (besides the music) so I just put up with the feet sound... but I have the volume down very very low. what annoys me more is the barb walking sounds when transformed (though idk if the new barb transform still does that or not) ... crunching grass...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just turn off the effect sounds and keep music sound on? f:sweat

I play it completely muted and listen to other music instead tbh.

This, besides if for some reason (and it happens) you get them even though the sound is off simply slide the sound bar a bit forth then back and it will be gone again.
  • Miqqo - Harshlands
    Miqqo - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Haven't had any game audio on since the beginning of PWI. If I want music, then I go to youtube or some internet radio. The game music was just boring for me.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm a Justin Bieber/ Rebecca Black fan. I love anything & everything.

First to vote for JB&RB, Also I really don't notice the foot steps anymore. It's like with kids, after a while of them screaming at each other or themselves you tend to just drown it out.
    f:meh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't think they should take it off completely but, rather, make it more realistic. The "running on wood" tap tap tap when you're actually running in a meadow of flowers takes off the charm.
    I like keeping my sounds (and music sometimes) on because there are some surprising things around, also whenever I die in fox form, I love hearing that squeak, it's funny!

... Though that just now probably sounded a bit creepy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like the rythmical sound. It can also help measuring time and/or distance.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like the rythmical sound. It can also help measuring time and/or distance.
    ^ that yeah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Veronicahunn - Archosaur
    Veronicahunn - Archosaur Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    polls are useless. this is pwe they don't care what you think. l2 not ask for stuff
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't think they should take it off completely but, rather, make it more realistic. The "running on wood" tap tap tap when you're actually running in a meadow of flowers takes off the charm.
    I like keeping my sounds (and music sometimes) on because there are some surprising things around, also whenever I die in fox form, I love hearing that squeak, it's funny!

... Though that just now probably sounded a bit creepy.

^ pretty much. I don't mind it much but I also have sounds on low when I play while I often listen to my own music.

Don't forget you can keep effects off and music on if the feet sound is annoying but then you also lose the sound of other things such as skills.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree with those who say keep it, but make it more realistic. It gets tedious, the same sound whether running on cement, grass, sand, etc. They don't necessarily need a different sound for every single different terrain, but at least differentiate between a "hard" sound (cement) and a "soft" sound (grass).

It would be awesome though, if they DID make a sound for each type of terrain:
    there's cement, wood, grass, ice, swamp, sand--anything else?

Anyway, as it stands now, doesn't really bother me. But I have to keep my sound effects on--I get so many cues based on sounds, I can't imagine playing without them.
  • SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver
    SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In 5 years ive never ever played this game with the music on (in game music) if i have to ever reload game its the first thing i turn off when i'm back in. I occasionally have to turn effects on for have a listen ex rm in cube but quickly turn them back off. Both are annoying music and effects IMO b:laugh
  • Egamoto - Harshlands
    Egamoto - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wanna give this post my special thanks for addressing an issue I have long wanted to address my self. I hope this petition does not go wasted in the virtual forum guttery.

FOOTsteps BE gone...so we can enjoy ingame effects again
  • pewpew222
    pewpew222 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    When it comes to PvP, I used to have noises on cause it helped me to prevent a bm's roar with fortify, for example, but I ended up putting them off because the foot noises are probably the most annoying sound ingame.

It would be very nice if there was an option to disable footsteps sounds only and keep the rest of the effects, or at least lower down the total output of the steps cause they're seriously 1000% louder than the rest of the sounds.
  • Egamoto - Harshlands
    Egamoto - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    and for those who say you play without effects....turn them on once and you will notice a variety of game changing things...like while fighting people you can hear a sin coming out of stealth before you actually see him, like when your screen is turned the other way you can distinguish which class is on your blind spot and what they are doin...etc etc!!!

But all that is still NOT enough for me to tolerate those footsteps on a regular basis....

BE gone I said, BE GONE
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    So much hate on footsteps D:
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The poorly timed unrealistic footsteps are 95% of the reason why I always play pwi on mute, or with my own music. playing. Wish there was an option to disable them but allow other effects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    The poorly timed unrealistic footsteps are 95% of the reason why I always play pwi on mute, or with my own music. playing. Wish there was an option to disable them but allow other effects.

Mhm, it would have been nice.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I love the sound of my hooves clip-clopping across the ground.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • pewpew222
    pewpew222 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So much hate on footsteps D:

Well, veno's "pawsteps" are, at least, beareable b:chuckle
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Pawsteps are the best :3
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I rather like the sound effects.

What I don't like is how inconsistent the music is. Having it reset whenever you enter a new area is fairly annoying if you happen to be grinding near the border of two zones or if you are doing Cube. Which is honestly quite sad, PWI has rather nice music. And of course, having completely different zones play the same music is a bit funky.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i always play the game muted... very rare that i have souns up... when i do... effects are on music is low.
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't mind the footsounds,hell I don't even really hear them I kinda zone them out its a part of logic in a game..gotta have it.Just the barb footsounds suck in tiger form.

I gotta have all the bells and sounds of a game playing it in mute just takes stuff away from it.the only thing I mute is the music,i liked it in 2008,now its stank though morai does have some good tunes.
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pewpew222 wrote: »
    Well, veno's "pawsteps" are, at least, beareable b:chuckle
    I love those little pawsteps, and don't mind the footsteps either. I only find male footsteps abit on annoying side, but I don't play male chars fortunately.
    The sounds I do find annoying are the music in Cube (totally turn it off every time, not to mention in the Listen rooms), and to less extent - in Archosaur and in most Tideborn low level area (this doesn't apply to the public quest Rotflesh area - that soundtrack is cool to no end). And also that little squeak every time a female cleric dies.

And there are soundtracks that I never ever turn off, like the music in Burning Scar (sounds so baroque and apocalyptic to me) or in the Nexus of Luminance, eerie music in TT3-1 etc. And some tracks are tired, but still enjoyable, like in North district of Lost city (home, sweet home b:pleased)
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i have to say that the sound effects of this game are probably the worst i have encountered in my entire "gaming career". my sounds were turned off even before i hit level 5. the more options to disable this audible abomination the better! b:shutup
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't mind the footstep sounds. The sounds I find most annoying are the bet sounds, especially the veno pets when venos are standing around doing nothing in Arch or RoR. Put your damn pets away
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wouldn't vote for any of your options. Instead, I feel they should add .WAV sounds for all of the different ground textures.

There are games as old as the 90s(Baulder's Gate, released in 1998) that have different walking sounds for different ground textures. I just don;t understand how something like this can be overlooked for so long. I would also like to add a bunch of other sounds like cleric voices and sound for the male version of extreme regeneration aura(the new BB). Male clerics have been without a voice since this game was released all the way to today. I suspect the same to be true now with the extreme regeneration aura(new BB), we will likely never hear a male's extreme regeneration aura.

So in summary, it will never happen, they wont get removed, no new sounds will be added, no voices will be added and the male extreme regeneration aura(new BB) will all never have sound.

The extreme regeneration aura was not even mentioned in the "official notes/observations" thread, but the BM skill that did not have a sound effect was...ijs

In short, deal with it.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Pawsteps are the best :3

Agreed :3
    I've never really gotten used to how human-steps sound, haha. When the new fox forme had the human-steps sound for a while it was really bizzare.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014
    I wouldn't vote for any of your options. Instead, I feel they should add .WAV sounds for all of the different ground textures.

There are games as old as the 90s(Baulder's Gate, released in 1998) that have different walking sounds for different ground textures. I just don;t understand how something like this can be overlooked for so long. I would also like to add a bunch of other sounds like cleric voices and sound for the male version of extreme regeneration aura(the new BB). Male clerics have been without a voice since this game was released all the way to today. I suspect the same to be true now with the extreme regeneration aura(new BB), we will likely never hear a male's extreme regeneration aura.

So in summary, it will never happen, they wont get removed, no new sounds will be added, no voices will be added and the male extreme regeneration aura(new BB) will all never have sound.

The extreme regeneration aura was not even mentioned in the "official notes/observations" thread, but the BM skill that did not have a sound effect was...ijs

In short, deal with it.
    Additionally, different mounts should have different sounds.

It's really weird when your fish clomps along the pavement.

I just can't figure out why the OP put "How many disable pwi music because of feet sound?"
    What's music got to do with the feet sounds? I disable the music because it makes me want to take a nap. Then I hear the feet more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]