Twin Strike + Rib Strike = JUNK -beware-

Options
orchid102
orchid102 Posts: 43 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Assassin
[Primal version increases your attack rate by 125%]

The text on Red is a Complete Lie . I just got it on my sin and The skill does NOTHING more than regular Rib Strike does.. SO DONT WASTE YOUR BLOODS ON THIS USELESS **** SKILL. It does NOTHING more than the Regular demon Rib Strike... Also save your Coin , dont buy the books for 100+millions because this new skill is utter Junk , I call it scam from PW , because this sht doesnt do what it advertises, it missleads, I regret wasting my 30 bloods on this junk.b:angry - I could've used them in Crit-strike passive. omg im so angry with this bs
Post edited by orchid102 on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Yeah, it was fairly obvious that the Demon effect was mistaken.

After all, the sage/demon effects of pretty much all skills stayed the same. And the update screwed up a bunch of other skill descriptions.

And besides, the skill upgrade is basically a more powerful Rib Strike, which is a big bonus for those of us who already had Twin Strike learned before they revamped abaddon and seat.

Did you seriously think they would put in a skill that would double your attack speed?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • orchid102
    orchid102 Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    WHAT BONUS??????? b:angry it doesnt do anything else than Demon Rib Strike!! 65% decrease atk rate .. same what Rib Strike has always done. wth
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Options
    orchid102 wrote: »
    WHAT BONUS??????? b:angry it doesnt do anything else than Demon Rib Strike!! 65% decrease atk rate .. same what Rib Strike has always done. wth

Demon Rib Strike is Base +100% weapon +4495, along with the 65% attack rate decrease.
    Primal Life Hunter is Base +200% weapon +11755, along with the 65% attack rate decrease.

That is a lot of additional damage.

For example, in my case, the former gives a total of about 14,500, whereas the latter amounts to 23,000. That is almost 60% more damage. Heck, even with r9rr +12, you would get about 50% more damage.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    That's an enormously powerful nuke, probably hits as hard as Barrage.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Sassy/ss_ - Sanctuary156
    Sassy/ss_ - Sanctuary156 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Can you please tell me the chan time, cast time, and cooldown of the skill?
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Demon Rib Strike is Base +100% weapon +4495, along with the 65% attack rate decrease.
    Primal Life Hunter is Base +200% weapon +11755, along with the 65% attack rate decrease.

That is a lot of additional damage.

For example, in my case, the former gives a total of about 14,500, whereas the latter amounts to 23,000. That is almost 60% more damage. Heck, even with r9rr +12, you would get about 50% more damage.

Long time no see Olbaze!

Also, I think the skill description is actually "decreases enemy attack rate by 125%" instead of the usual 65%. That's a huge nerf to attack rate, which would do wonders on Archers that spam auto attack.

Also, moved to Assassin subforums.
  • RabidFishy - Raging Tide
    RabidFishy - Raging Tide Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    please go read my post in the quality corner about what the effect does
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1658201

also it's an absolutely amazing skill because as a skill using sin you can spam this endlesslessly for considerable damage as the cast time and cooldown are the same and there is no channeling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I have this skill and I think without the 125% aps increase it's still an extremely powerful skill o:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Cinderball - Raging Tide
    Cinderball - Raging Tide Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Actually, the skill is broken up over two hits that do roughly equal damage. For my sin, it hits close to a sage rising dragon strike in DPH but it is probably only a bit stronger than a cotd autoattack on stronger sins. I set up infinite skill macros with it and use it for filler between cc in pvp and in flowsilver. It has no channel time, effectively no cooldown because it ends when the cast ends, and it is low mp cost. Spamming it with cotd on outputs reliable DPS on anti-aps bosses.

However, since life hunter and elimination are multihit skills and because the cauldron description uses the words "flurry of attacks" for cursed jail, I can't help but think that they'll do this to that skill too and make it multiple weaker hits. Not complaining here though since all of the skills will do crazy damage with cards + high refines.
    RT's Heavy Armor Sin
    pwcalc.com/4b05df7de8c8337f
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    orchid102 wrote: »
    [Primal version increases your attack rate by 125%]

The text on Red is a Complete Lie . I just got it on my sin and The skill does NOTHING more than regular Rib Strike does.. SO DONT WASTE YOUR BLOODS ON THIS USELESS **** SKILL. It does NOTHING more than the Regular demon Rib Strike... Also save your Coin , dont buy the books for 100+millions because this new skill is utter Junk , I call it scam from PW , because this sht doesnt do what it advertises, it missleads, I regret wasting my 30 bloods on this junk.b:angry - I could've used them in Crit-strike passive. omg im so angry with this bs

QQ moar, APS macro-tard.

This game is about skills, not only AFK sparking tstuff to death.

Learn to play. b:bye
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    1. It hits twice
    2. It's extremely spammable (cast is 1.4 second and cooldown is 1.4 second, you can pretty much just set up a macro vs anti-aps bosses to make it spam this skill only, as you will pretty much continuosly attack with this 1 skill because lulz once it's cast you can do it again)

This skill is a godsend for PvE anti-aps buffed bosses.

And I can imagine all the uses it would have in PvP, just imagine how slow an APS tard or an archer would hit with 125% reduction.
    Not to mention that it hits not once, but twice, pretty much making sure a def charm gets used to immediately hit again, without having to cast another skill.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    eraldus wrote: »
    QQ moar, APS macro-tard.

This game is about skills, not only AFK sparking tstuff to death.

Learn to play. b:bye

I'm as much against the idiots who aps only as you are, but this game isn't just about skills. You are just making shet up now.
    Second, play a sin and see can you go afk while doing a high HP boss, like Emperor, or Steelation. Just do it, I bet your sin dies. Once again, making shet up.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I'm as much against the idiots who aps only as you are, but this game isn't just about skills. You are just making shet up now.
    Second, play a sin and see can you go afk while doing a high HP boss, like Emperor, or Steelation. Just do it, I bet your sin dies. Once again, making shet up.

You could be a bit nicer about that, you know.

Having gone from 4.0 on G13 +10 to 3.33 on G15 +10 (with zerk), I can say that the damage loss from not being able to use Power Dash and Subsea comfortably is fairly noticeable.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    You could be a bit nicer about that, you know.

Having gone from 4.0 on G13 +10 to 3.33 on G15 +10 (with zerk), I can say that the damage loss from not being able to use Power Dash and Subsea comfortably is fairly noticeable.

I'm at 2.5 aps base sage, and can burn 2.3m HP off off a TT boss during the first spark cycle (about 20 secs for my aps). I can still use subsea confortably. I depends on whether you are willing to go a few secs unsparked. However I must say that if it was G16 daggers, you would probably not miss the 4.0, because the damage surpasses it.

Not meaning to be mean about it, but I am tired of the stupid logic people try to apply to people who want aps. The game isn't 100% skill based, if that were so auto attacks wouldn't exist. Not everyone that uses aps uses spark macro's, I have never actually seen a sin afk during a boss, and Just because someone uses aps doesn't mean they are unskilled. Aps has it's place, and it can keep you alive if you have access to BP.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    wait, what if you have -chan from a tome

wouldn't that break the macro

but this skill is too OP lol; if only more sins will ribstrike archers in TW
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    wait, what if you have -chan from a tome

wouldn't that break the macro

but this skill is too OP lol; if only more sins will ribstrike archers in TW

No, it wouldn't since they fixed macro cycles, just put repeat > life hunter and you're good to go.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    It is a fantastic skill that I just got yesterday. I am very pleased with it as I am with all of the new skills. Each and every new skill is a nice damage boost, not just this one. For example the new Archer poison skill has poison that hits pretty hard at endgame + the other skills. This is the happiest I have been with PWI in a long time. They added new content to work for and great new skills for all classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sinclere - Sanctuary
    Sinclere - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Junk? Far from it. With this skill in the new instance I hold aggro of r999 +12 archers/wizards. This skill essentially does the same damage as your old skills, except it hits twice so you're literally doing double your previous damage. Add in the fact that you can macro it with itself and it has a 1.4sec cast/cooldown, DPH sins can now hold aggro over any class on anti-aps bosses.

Note: I'm r9r3 with +12 daggers, lvl 10 CoTD. Before this skill I never held aggro in new instance, now I hold it over +12 diety archers. Also this skill in pvp destroys anyone because of the damage.

Note #2: If they don't intend to make twin strike easier to get, I'd definitely recommend paying 100m+ for this skill (if that's what it costs on your server). It's that good.
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Note #2: If they don't intend to make twin strike easier to get, I'd definitely recommend paying 100m+ for this skill (if that's what it costs on your server). It's that good.

is relative easy of get is just luck as all on this game