Character Scaler

Options
Lazaraes - Archosaur
Lazaraes - Archosaur Posts: 154 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
So I was just strolling through 1k Streams today and saw this slight bit of body horror. I had to do a double take because for a second I thought it was a goblin or a mob. f:stare

Am I the only person that thinks they need to fix the character scaler so that more proportional dimensions are allowed? Stick legs/arms + larger body, **** so big they glitch through the top (and would probably snap the person's back f:sweat), etc. are ridiculous, and I doubt it's what the creators intended in the first place.

Thoughts? f:ponder
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Lazaraes - Archosaur on

Comments

• Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I swear that toon looks a lot like a titan from that anime series Attack on Titans. It was a very disturbing anime. f:stare

That aside I don't think that body edit is within the normal ini edit limits that are allowed unless something changed in those rules that I'm unaware of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Lazaraes - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I decided to test that theory by opening up the normal starting creator and making a couple different characters. Like I said it's ridiculous. f:spew

And I remember Attack on Titan, though I fell behind the updates a long time ago. I keep meaning to reread it but it hasn't happened yet... f:strive
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    yes, it's completely ridiculous and unrealistic.

much like all of the magic and animals in the game; totally inconceivable.

b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I wanna go into TW with my team full of fat ugly people lolb:laugh
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Lazaraes - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    Options
    yes, it's completely ridiculous and unrealistic.

much like all of the magic and animals in the game; totally inconceivable.

b:lipcurl

I never said realistic, I said proportional... as in if your person is has huge arms and torso they can't have stick then legs... We're all humanoid races (unless in tiger/fox form), so I would think that some sort of shape expectation shouldn't be that outlandish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cawcawwww - Archosaur
    Cawcawwww - Archosaur Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I decided to test that theory by opening up the normal starting creator and making a couple different characters. Like I said it's ridiculous. f:spew

And I remember Attack on Titan, though I fell behind the updates a long time ago. I keep meaning to reread it but it hasn't happened yet... f:strive

I luv it myself. Your font color is kinda impossible to read though. Is the background on your screen a very dark brown and your font a very dark blue?
  • Lazaraes - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I luv it myself. Your font color is kinda impossible to read though. Is the background on your screen a very dark brown and your font a very dark blue?

Eh no, it's a lighter brown with purple text, maybe it's my computer's colour settings, I'll go fix the text to something more legible for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vortexa123
    vortexa123 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    It is a game with lots of unrealistic stuff. No need whatsoever to QQ about OPTIONS. If you do not like how that looks, do not make your own character to look like that. Do not be the "omg I do not like looking at THAT" type that kills everyone else's fun. b:bye
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    On that day, Perfect World received a grim reminder...
    We lived in fear of the INI and were disgraced to live in these cages we called walls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I think it's funny. =)
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Eh. On China this sort of thing is so common that it's not that surprising the devs loosened up the sliders.

And while we were personally restricted to facial, color, and texture edits alone here after a difficult war (We will never forget those who fought for our freedom!) since China makes the patches and ships them over... we'd have to get a patch from China if we wanted to re-restrict the bodies.

Personally, I don't mind the extra freedom because it enables those of us who enjoy customization that much more freedom and creativity... to ourselves. Aesthetics vary and even with the old limitations it was still very possible to create some horrendous looking characters.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I never said realistic, I said proportional... as in if your person is has huge arms and torso they can't have stick then legs... We're all humanoid races (unless in tiger/fox form), so I would think that some sort of shape expectation shouldn't be that outlandish.

i don't remember saying that you said 'realistic'

actually, i'm pretty sure that's what i said

b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Wait... wait wait.... loosened up sliders and new character customize-y screen....
    I want to play around with this :3!!! Does that mean you can make a female character that's actually flat or does it only go one way aka being balloony >:?
    The mystic's teeny tiny feet are cute~ but the legs probabily not so much.... *can't see them*
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Wait... wait wait.... loosened up sliders and new character customize-y screen....
    I want to play around with this :3!!! Does that mean you can make a female character that's actually flat or does it only go one way aka being balloony >:?
    The mystic's teeny tiny feet are cute~ but the legs probabily not so much.... *can't see them*

Yep. The sliders go both ways. b:chuckle
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

With our new character creation options/the sliders being changed a bit. Can we actually have characters look like this, or is it still bannable?

I hadn't heard much from the mods/GMs about this since the expansion, so I thought they were ignoring it :o.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »

Yay :D! *happy little sways*
    For proportional liking people.... make your characters proportional :x I don't see why people who want to have different proportions shouldn't be able to since this was implemented apparentily.
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited January 2014
    Options
    With our new character creation options/the sliders being changed a bit. Can we actually have characters look like this, or is it still bannable?

I hadn't heard much from the mods/GMs about this since the expansion, so I thought they were ignoring it :o.

It's the same as before. Anything achievable with the ingame sliders and caveat on facial INI edits is allowed. Body edits that are not possible to get via the current sliders would still be illegal.

It's just that with the sliders having more room now, the range of what's allowed is that much wider.
  • Zymari - Archosaur
    Zymari - Archosaur Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I laugh at you all... you talk about this game as though it in it self is realistic. Why would they need this to be realistic when it is pure fantasy? In real life, there is stick thin, 600lbs fat people... people that look like goblins and hobbits....yet the things about this game that we don't do in real life are things like....turn into tigers, pandas, a fox.....I'm pretty sure that none of you can turn invisible....you surely don't cast spells that actually work. So again I ask....why does a character need to look real in a fake/fantasy game just to make you feel better about yourself? They clearly feel that it is funny and that is all that matters.
  • opkossy
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that none of you can turn invisible

My class photo disagrees b:cute
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options

bah dum tsh.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Options
    bah dum tsh.

x3 Pfff Venuuuuu~
    I actually completeily missed that, hehe.

When did this update for customization come around, anyway? I checked the news and didn't find anything from after the anniversary which I was still here for, and patch notes is lacking...
  • opkossy
    edited January 2014
    Options
    It came with the expansion. :D

Now excuse me as I try to recover from Venus' post.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Options
    It came with the expansion. :D

Now excuse me as I try to recover from Venus' post.

Oh! so it's brand new, kewl :3
    Pfff <3
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    On that day, Perfect World received a grim reminder...
    We lived in fear of the INI and were disgraced to live in these cages we called titans.

Fixed that for you.
    Also, SnK is one of the worst mangas/animes one could possibly like and watch.
    b:avoid
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I dont mind those chars since those doll-chars are to me as ugly as some superdeformed chars. Wait, this is the same lol .... So i think its not worser than them.

However, i want them to change the char creation back to the old way because it now has become extremely hard to make a good-looking toon. Even if i try my best to be precise, when i log in my chars look glitched because i put the bar just a bit too far. For example eyeballs than hang out. The size you can choose is just too big and you have to find that 20 % where your char doesnt look deformed on it. Really annoying, and even worser is that pretty much every important option is hidden inside another. I dont know why they make this so unpractical.b:angry
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I'm really glad I've created my characters long ago. I don't need to panic trying to find proper (healthy?) proportions for them.
    As in having fun creating abomina... I mean outworldly creatures, it's not my hobby. I must say that those who wanted to turn their barbs into feligar master/Yansheng/Kashu/Rankar/Kimsa, they now can!

Ah well, if it can amuse some at least... b:laugh

That said, between this and the face-related .ini editing, we sure have a ton of options for character customization now.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Annabonana - Morai
    Annabonana - Morai Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND i bought 30 makeoverscrolls with DQ

XD this is going to be fun.

yay i'm a bob head!
  • vortexa123
    vortexa123 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Was thinking about the new slider scales thing and realized something, something that might be of great tactical use.

1. One of the reasons why body scaling was bannable to begin with was the possibility of making string-thin proportions (that even the thinnest proportions on the new sliding scaler still do not allow and rightfully so) that would pose as quite an advantage in PvP scenarios due to the target box when mouse-clicking (even though, yes, you can just tab around - but even that is not always 100% fast enough). Obviously there is no advantage in PvE, as computer mobs do not mouse click targets.

2. Now, if utilized correctly; You could have a Barbarian (or any other meatshield type) with the biggest proportions and a Cleric (or any other support type) with the smallest proportions. If such a duo worked well enough together, they could in essence become the greatest of Cata-material. The support class might be untouchable to mouse click targeting, and the tank would be unstoppable. Of course, this would mean their actually having to move slower than they might want, but the tradeoff would be to become a Catabeast! b:shocked

In essence, if a faction could gain enough of the right classes, TW's might look like ~40 Catabeasts. Each would be gigantic and might hide not only support types, but also DD's. Others might simply pose as decoys or Assassin safe points to go back to for whatever reason. Sure, you should always avoid being inside AOE target zones, but this is just a base idea toward something that would need tweaking. Some combination of how TW is usually conducted and some form of Catabeasts will likely become the new "look" of TW's and possibly NW's.
  • opkossy
    edited January 2014
    Options
    vortexa123 wrote: »
    2. Now, if utilized correctly; You could have a Barbarian (or any other meatshield type) with the biggest proportions and a Cleric (or any other support type) with the smallest proportions. If such a duo worked well enough together, they could in essence become the greatest of Cata-material. The support class might be untouchable to mouse click targeting, and the tank would be unstoppable. Of course, this would mean their actually having to move slower than they might want, but the tradeoff would be to become a Catabeast! b:shocked

In essence, if a faction could gain enough of the right classes, TW's might look like ~40 Catabeasts. Each would be gigantic and might hide not only support types, but also DD's. Others might simply pose as decoys or Assassin safe points to go back to for whatever reason. Sure, you should always avoid being inside AOE target zones, but this is just a base idea toward something that would need tweaking. Some combination of how TW is usually conducted and some form of Catabeasts will likely become the new "look" of TW's and possibly NW's.

Two problems here.

1: Barbs in tiger/panda form have a set model unaffected by customization changes. This is in addition to the... issues that composition would have against a more balanced enemy in TW.

2: Character size doesn't actually matter for targeting purposes. There is a specific area that, regardless of a player's size, can be clicked to select a player. This is why people on a Boa are so hard to target properly. Where we see and want to click isn't the actual location you'd target to select them. Without being on a mount, however, even the maximum possible size wouldn't be enough to throw someone off from where to click. There are issues unrelated to targeting someone, mind you, but the ability to target a player who had odd proportions was not an issue at all.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Two problems here.

1: Barbs in tiger/panda form have a set model unaffected by customization changes. This is in addition to the... issues that composition would have against a more balanced enemy in TW.

WTB KoS venos that have a sizeshift size that's even smaller than orange fox because of character-model influence
    ^was the first thing I thought of when I saw the thing about character models, haha x3 the joke being that forms don't change.

2: Character size doesn't actually matter for targeting purposes. There is a specific area that, regardless of a player's size, can be clicked to select a player. This is why people on a Boa are so hard to target properly. Where we see and want to click isn't the actual location you'd target to select them. Without being on a mount, however, even the maximum possible size wouldn't be enough to throw someone off from where to click. There are issues unrelated to targeting someone, mind you, but the ability to target a player who had odd proportions was not an issue at all.

It would only really be a psychological thing if someone was having difficulty, yea.