Gems for r999 gear

Sinclere - Sanctuary
Sinclere - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Assassin
Hey all,

Currently I'm r999 with +8 gears/+12 wep, and not sure which gems to go. I don't really pk atm so this is mainly for tw/nw. While an assassins job is kind of to pop out of stealth, kill something asap and get back in stealth, I really don't like the survivability I would have if I went full DoT/Dieties. That brings me to JoSD vs Vit stones. I personally prefer vit stones because they're cheaper and I like seeing lots of HP however obviously, JoSD's have their uses.

TL;DR - What gem is better (DoT's/JoSD/Vit Stones) for a r999 tw/nw sin

Thanks in advance,

-Sinclere
Post edited by Sinclere - Sanctuary on

Comments

• killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey all,

Currently I'm r999 with +8 gears/+12 wep, and not sure which gems to go. I don't really pk atm so this is mainly for tw/nw. While an assassins job is kind of to pop out of stealth, kill something asap and get back in stealth, I really don't like the survivability I would have if I went full DoT/Dieties. That brings me to JoSD vs Vit stones. I personally prefer vit stones because they're cheaper and I like seeing lots of HP however obviously, JoSD's have their uses.

Thanks in advance,

-Sinclere

I personally am no expert in gems, but I do believe the best thing to do is half vit/half josd if you want survivability. I would say half and half because def lvl can really help backup via stones. With this u get the both of best worlds. I know a few half via and josd sins and they do very well in pvp they can actually kill more because they last longer and don't have to use up genies and pots so early like many deity/dot sins.

I agree seeing a lot of HP is nice lolb:laugh
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Jades are better than vit stones. However, if you're going for jades, you're better off refining your whole gear to +11 (or even +12) and only then getting the jades. Jades are way too costly, and the hp you'd get from refining is awesome.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey all,

Thanks in advance,

-Sinclere

Right now Vit stones are 50-60m on my server, the same price as DoT and DoD. At that price you are getting more defense by going full jade, or sharding little vit and rest jades (id say wholely jaded or deity). Also, refining your gear is cheaper than buying gems when D. Orbs are on sale. People say an assassin job is only to kill something asap, and that's simply not true. You are only looking at the word assassin and not the classes abilities. Sin's make good single target CC machines and are good for taking an annoying person and locking them down out of a fight.
  • Sinclere - Sanctuary
    Sinclere - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yea I assumed refining would be first, getting a proper ocean sale doesn't seem like though haha.