For how long can one bot?

Annabonana - Morai
Annabonana - Morai Posts: 126 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
because i see people everywhere and it's been a month. also see people botting for over a week on same places all days.

can you really do this with the new system or are they cheating?
Post edited by Annabonana - Morai on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    because i see people everywhere and it's been a month. also see people botting for over a week on same places all days.

It can be set it up to 9999 minutes and you can reset the remaining time whenever you want to.
    Happy botting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • crimxsonx
    crimxsonx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    its now possible to bot untill your weapon break
  • Annabonana - Morai
    edited January 2014
    It can be set it up to 9999 minutes and you can reset the remaining time whenever you want to.
    Happy botting.

well that's ****... seriously.. if there was a timer... like a limit... but forever... pwi really went into the ****ter with this one..
  • crimxsonx
    crimxsonx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    well that's ****... seriously.. if there was a timer... like a limit... but forever... pwi really went into the ****ter with this one..

It's not fureva,your weapon duration expires soon or later.
  • Annabonana - Morai
    edited January 2014
    crimxsonx wrote: »
    It's not fureva,your weapon duration expires soon or later.

and then you go repair it
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Players were botting all over the place even before the auto-cultivation. This just means more people are doing it now.

As the old saying goes, "if you can't beat them...join them"
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • kakabulle3
    kakabulle3 Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm surpised there has not been more qQ/rage (as it should be) over this issue..
    I think it's starting to sink in for most what PWI have done with this "auto culti"/bot...
    If this was an atempt to get rid of the bot problem, it was rly bad and should be removed asap.

But! what i think most ppl fails to realize is: This new bot option will give ppl the option to earn 5-10m/each char over night. and we all know alot of ppl who have 5-10 acounts.
    So lets say they make 5x10m/nigh thats 50m/night. 350m/week..
    Then let say a small number of users that do this: 100-200 ppl /server
    thats 3.5b-7b coins comming in on each server, and those coins have taken those users no effort whatsoever.. So the user will not care much about the "value" of those x amount of coins.. Resulting in they will rais prices skyhigh. Gold prices are already starting to jump high. and here is where i think PWI is wanting this to go.. in a few months, the actual value of the coins will drop, gold will be 4-5m each. Meaning most ppl will have to CS to be able to play this game..
    Any new users will have a real big problem earning coins in this game. As well as all hardcore farmers..
    - "Yes but they can also run the bot" some will say.. true!
    but im pretty sure the majority of ppl playing this game, dont have cpu's able to run 5-10 clients 24/7.
    And! we cant run more then 2 clients at the same time, yeah nahh.. nobody follows that rule, if they had a better check of amount of clients connected from each IP, then it would be a bit better.. but there are ways around that for the resourcefull as well, 1 cpu on main i-net, another cpu in the same home connected via VPN and so on.. So i do understand PWI cant enforce that multi client rule as much as they want...

I'm rly afraid of this bot/"auto culti" thing. It will have a massive impact on the economy of this game..
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    can you stop the annoying questions? half of the first page threads were started by you.
    beides, you ask the same stuff via WC and im sure you already got your answers there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Annabonana - Morai
    edited January 2014
    can you stop the annoying questions? half of the first page threads were started by you.
    beides, you ask the same stuff via WC and im sure you already got your answers there.

it's not like the forum is being occupied by anything else.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    it's not like the forum is being occupied by anything else.

It is pretty empty generally, yeah. Really no reason not to.
    I don't know much about this auto-cultivation thing, except that it exists.... anyone have a screenshot of the interface?
    I think it's kind of funny, because... now no botters will be reported or specificalled QQd about (without it being rediculous)[as far as I can tell] since they could just 'be using the pwi supplied one'. *amused facepaw*
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annabonana - Morai
    edited January 2014

It is pretty empty generally, yeah. Really no reason not to.
    I don't know much about this auto-cultivation thing, except that it exists.... anyone have a screenshot of the interface?
    I think it's kind of funny, because... now no botters will be reported or specificalled QQd about (without it being rediculous)[as far as I can tell] since they could just 'be using the pwi supplied one'. *amused facepaw*

click ctrl+f12 in game
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    click ctrl+f12 in game

The reason I asked is because I can't get in-game myself, dear. Thank you, though.
    Micro-processor issues on my computer that could support pwi, among many other things, make it not so do-able. I'm on a little notebook right now \o/
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Nothing wrong with asking questions. If no one ask creates the topics, who will? Probably things that just popped into their head at the time. You're the only one that seems to be irritated by it to be honest.

On Topic: Didn't know you could bot for that long. Thought there was a time limit or something. Bot is kind of annoying. Have r9s3 people botting at quest areas one-hitting everything. Sins everywhere are doing it. >.>
  • Annabonana - Morai
    edited January 2014

The reason I asked is because I can't get in-game myself, dear. Thank you, though.
    Micro-processor issues on my computer that could support pwi, among many other things, make it not so do-able. I'm on a little notebook right now \o/

ok! 1 second!

ok that enable tab thing is to pick up all or pick up coins.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    ok! 1 second!

http://ctrlv.in/282402

ok that enable tab thing is to pick up all or pick up coins.

Thank you much :3 Tis more simple than I thought it'd be...
    I always thought the little soft chibbi veno thing in screenshots was matchmaker, haha.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    you can access the bot through the game menu as well on the bottom right side of the screen
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Actually he brought up a very good topic to discuss so how about you sit back and let people discuss it? I for one dont like the bot system. Like others say it will destroy the economy. ATM im lucky to buy tokens for 23,999 in coins which is killing me. I dont leave my game online to bot because its really just not something i can do. So all these players making all this money botting are just going to rise the prices of in game stuff with all their extra money and ruin things for normal players like me. I think PWE really should take this away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I love it mainly on x2 events it made me able to get my gold horse mount plus 50 event gold and to top that off I also got 50 more event gold on my alt account but I only botted on that for a few hours that must have collected over time because I thought they did away with the dq system.

Raise what prices on what man,I see nothing going sky high due to botting lol your dumb.You must be talking about gold in the ah or something that's a whole other thing there and has nothing to do with freakin hotting
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited January 2014
    What in this game is even worth botting? What monster can you kill that you can somehow make 10m/night(or, more specifically, until your weapon breaks while you're asleep)?

I sorta doubt these numbers. As far as I know, DQ items aren't common enough, nor are they worth enough, to make these numbers feasible.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Actually he brought up a very good topic to discuss so how about you sit back and let people discuss it? I for one dont like the bot system. Like others say it will destroy the economy. ATM im lucky to buy tokens for 23,999 in coins which is killing me. I dont leave my game online to bot because its really just not something i can do. So all these players making all this money botting are just going to rise the prices of in game stuff with all their extra money and ruin things for normal players like me. I think PWE really should take this away.

your argument is an hell of invalid

legal botting gives all the players equal chances to obtain coins in game.

items price rise will be fine since its given a constant and easy coin income to all the players

also it makes the game more similar to how real life economy works, inflation etch...

and it makes also happy the cashers because they will be exchanging their gold, or event goods for more in game value

so if you mad about token price buy a stack of them now and i am pretty sure in 3-4 months you ll be reselling them for 30k easy
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited January 2014

brought up a good topic? this person needs to learn to use the search function, period.
    besides, the same person got caught botting BEFORE the expansion back then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Autoculti can bot for 9999 minutes or until weapon breaks. But some players monitor their bot and occasionally move it back to town for repairs, then back out to their favorite spot. My BM for instance won't do more then 4 hours, then that Annihilator of Souls is at 0 durability and it automatically ports back to town.

Then, of course, there's BMBot users still. I know a few on Morai. You can spot them by how they use instant skills, and the fact that they automatically revive themselves once you drag a boss onto them.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • DryadLaFey - Sanctuary
    DryadLaFey - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    prof wrote: »
    What in this game is even worth botting? What monster can you kill that you can somehow make 10m/night(or, more specifically, until your weapon breaks while you're asleep)?

I sorta doubt these numbers. As far as I know, DQ items aren't common enough, nor are they worth enough, to make these numbers feasible.

They are exaggerating. I usually bot all night while I'm sleeping and I only make about 2m after repairs. It was better during 2x but that's over now.
    b:cute