The no skill class

killeresras
killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Arigora Colosseum
Ok I'm just wondering what class everyone thinks takes little skill to play.
No offense, but I'd have to say it would be archers they really don't need their physical dmg skills as most make do with just auto attacking 5/6 of their shots after obviously coming out of stealth.
OK just my opinion no need to give me hate responses or wtvr
Say wtvr u want about my class(veno) If u want.
So what classes do yall think take little skill to play. Why?
Love lost is room gained
b:cute
Post edited by killeresras on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Ok I'm just wondering what class everyone thinks takes little skill to play.
    No offense, but I'd have to say it would be archers they really don't need their physical dmg skills as most make do with just auto attacking 5/6 of their shots after obviously coming out of stealth.
    OK just my opinion no need to give me hate responses or wtvr
    Say wtvr u want about my class(veno) If u want.
    So what classes do yall think take little skill to play. Why?
    There are good reasons for archer autos that are complained about rather often by said class. And while that's going on, don't forget that when it comes to defense, you have to be very skilled on one to truly do well as most archer PvP videos will show.

As for the "obviously coming out of stealth" part, I think you have them confused with sins. Archer stealth isn't nearly as viable in as many ways as what sins get. b:chuckle

When it comes to class I think requires the least skill.... APS sin back before all the anti-APS stuff came around. 3 spark occult ice from stealth (or 2 spark headhunt and windshield from stealth) then APS and if target dies, awesome. If not, stealth and wait til your cooldowns are gone to try again! So much skill! That or venos during the QQbird era where our gear wasn't good enough to survive the power of "send bird to flesh ream target -> kite until pet is done soloing player".
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • killeresras
    edited November 2013
    I just think stealth should have a time limit so people can't just wait on cd because it draining the small amount of mp it drains is not really a downside. I do agree apps sins were pretty easy, but at least they came up close. Archers can up unstealth from a good distance and take people by huge surprise because hp fall isn't instant. They could shoot 2-3 arrows before u see your hp drop. I ask where's the skill in that?
    Love lost is room gained
  • Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have gotta say wizzy. Well, endgame wizzy to be more specific. Insane p def and m def and anyone can undine+genie spark+ fire skills to get a quick kill. Then, when you start getting attacked puri procs and you can run away while taking like 800 damage :D *wishes he was endgame wizzy* There is skill involved in being truly good using reversions and such, but in terms of basic stuff wizzy is pretty easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • killeresras
    edited November 2013
    I have gotta say wizzy. Well, endgame wizzy to be more specific. Insane p def and m def and anyone can undine+genie spark+ fire skills to get a quick kill. Then, when you start getting attacked puri procs and you can run away while taking like 800 damage :D *wishes he was endgame wizzy* There is skill involved in being truly good using reversions and such, but in terms of basic stuff wizzy is pretty easy.

They do have a high amount of def at end gear lol
    Love lost is room gained
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    I have gotta say wizzy. Well, endgame wizzy to be more specific. Insane p def and m def and anyone can undine+genie spark

You're doing it wrong. It's undine or spark. Never both. b:laugh
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm a complete stealth hater lol I think it takes the fun away when people IG stealth out or stealth out while they are being hit. I always agree with sins being an easy class to play though. a lot of people give up on their class and just make a sin because of that.

I think stealth is fair for the LA classes, most classes hit them like a freight train on 'roids. You also have the option of Detection pots and fortification Draughts for their APS-ness (5 seconds of reduced damage, triggered after first attack. The pot itself will last for 10 minutes before going poof if untriggered.)
    Only my opinion though, to be fair, on several occasions I've sparked a Tempest and crit for 1, or been unable to cancel said attack right when an archer used Wings of Grace. Damned Focused mind and untouchable archers. >:

As for my opinion on this matter, maybe because I play it more than I play the other classes, I think clerics (esp. those with Purify on weapon) are reasonably easy to PvP with. Plume Shell, Wings of Protection and Guardian Light when **** hits the fan. Sage clerics have sage Vanguard Spirit for the extra 100% pdef buff, and demons get the same buff from demon Stream of Rejuvination. Ironheart will help you tank most things and sage clerics get a weak stackable heal(1200 HP over 15 seconds) from Celestial Guardian Seal, even in (Ultra)Violet Dance.

I feel as if I went off topic there. I'm sorry. f:shame
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    It's fine.

Personally, I don't think any endgame class is "Super easy" compared to any other endgame class as it is right now. No matter what class, if you're fighting in endgame gear with equal skill on both sides, no class is going to have an easy way to flat out destroy most other classes. Which is why nowadays endgame battles are all about getting your opponent to burn their resources so that you can get in an (insert combo here) that they'd otherwise be able to prevent.

Quite different from how in the past we'd have things like stealthAPS, HF/subsea bramble rage, HF true emptiness, Flesh Ream and kite, 1-shot with BIDS crit proc, sleep debuff tempest, and so on. All things that we really couldn't defend against at the time they were most popular and which were easy enough to perform that you really didn't need much skill to execute them. In current endgame combat, to contrast, half of that either is flat out too little to kill anyone or is something no skilled opponent will let you get a chance to perform as long as they can help it.... thus requiring you to have better skills, reflexes, or reaction time to be able to get it through anyways.
  • killeresras
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    It's fine.

Personally, I don't think any endgame class is "Super easy" compared to any other endgame class as it is right now. No matter what class, if you're fighting in endgame gear with equal skill on both sides, no class is going to have an easy way to flat out destroy most other classes. Which is why nowadays endgame battles are all about getting your opponent to burn their resources so that you can get in an (insert combo here) that they'd otherwise be able to prevent.

Quite different from how in the past we'd have things like stealthAPS, HF/subsea bramble rage, HF true emptiness, Flesh Ream and kite, 1-shot with BIDS crit proc, sleep debuff tempest, and so on. All things that we really couldn't defend against at the time they were most popular and which were easy enough to perform that you really didn't need much skill to execute them. In current endgame combat, to contrast, half of that either is flat out too little to kill anyone or is something no skilled opponent will let you get a chance to perform as long as they can help it.... thus requiring you to have better skills, reflexes, or reaction time to be able to get it through anyways.

Well said ^^
    Love lost is room gained
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Its so hard to say which is the class that takes the least amount of skill to play effectively.

ANY class can seem ridiculously easy to play if they extremely outgear their opponent. Some classes do real well in 1 on 1 pvp, some do a whole lot better in mass pvp. There is just too many intangibles to say without a doubt that one class is better/easier than the others.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There is no easy class.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    GG just get a full r9rr +12 sin with deity sharded, spam Earthen Rift, one shot and bypass all classes, sin so ezpz gg
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I very much agree with the other posters that there isn't really an "easy" class or a class that requires "no skill".
    You can't exactly compare them either as some of them shine at 1v1, others in mass PvP, others are excellent for TW etc. etc.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Suprprutty - Lost City
    Suprprutty - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    That or venos during the QQbird era where our gear wasn't good enough to survive the power of "send bird to flesh ream target -> kite until pet is done soloing player".

Good old times b:cool
    obviously jk
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Some people make what they are doing look easy, but try and replicate it and see whether its as easy as it looks... probably isn't. Its more than what you do, its knowing when to do it, and when to stop doing it and do something else instead. Just because an archer auto attacks a lot doesn't mean its easy... they have to be hyper aware of when not to auto attack, and, more than many classes, they have to be especially aware of when to run (some classes, like seeker, can get away with some pretty slack kiting, due to their extreme tankiness).

Yeah no easy class anymore at endgame... this is why I actually still really enjoy endgame pvp.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • HESOKA - Raging Tide
    HESOKA - Raging Tide Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    People often are deluded about this topic, ounce they see a class using a simple method to kill, a certain process which is done step by step, they begin to feel anyone is able to imitate the same thing. but thats not what PvP is all about, its knowing how to get to the point of initializing your plan, when to do it, how to act if the plan fails, and what to do when the enemy uses skills to counter your strategy, and likewise how to counter the opponents strategy, usually anyone who has acquired a lot of PvP experience can outright PvP with any class after getting a hang of the different skills the class provides. I've played with a BM, a Veno, and a cleric and after just a few hours i was able to PvP with them at equal skill with other players. its not so much the class you play as to the experience you have of PvP.
    Am Awesome b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    People often are deluded about this topic, ounce they see a class using a simple method to kill, a certain process which is done step by step, they begin to feel anyone is able to imitate the same thing. but thats not what PvP is all about, its knowing how to get to the point of initializing your plan, when to do it, how to act if the plan fails, and what to do when the enemy uses skills to counter your strategy, and likewise how to counter the opponents strategy, usually anyone who has acquired a lot of PvP experience can outright PvP with any class after getting a hang of the different skills the class provides. I've played with a BM, a Veno, and a cleric and after just a few hours i was able to PvP with them at equal skill with other players. its not so much the class you play as to the experience you have of PvP.

+1 on this and Aeliah's post. People tend to think sins are the easiest class to play on my server. Quite honestly in TW, Sin,s and Veno's are the highest on the casualty list.
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think this is a bit looking at things the wrong way. If reading the poster a different way; Id say its more like.. wich class is easiest to go OP without spending the budget of a small country, but enough to equivalent a medium priced sedan.

It can be a bit tricky to spot the difference. But the gap of power from the big spenders to the normal player have become extremely big if looking at what a normal G16 can muster in comparison to the small country budget R9rr all decked out. When you cpare that to the medium priced sedan or the f2p player; you end up with a small group making things look easy. Especially if they do obcious mess up yet still steam roll mot players on the map. This isnt class OPness, its a power gap.

But if we think of that its a power gap, then Id say its harder to defend against a caster than a physical class. Physical classes are more vulnrable to reflects; and with the exception of archers (and to some extent seekers) they need to close the distance to be able to deal any damage.

And tho this power gap makes it easier to kill everyone thats clearly below you, its usually harf to kill someone of equal gear and skill. I dont really agree to call an all decked out R9rr for being the only end game either. End game is simply the content you do when youve cometo the last part of the game. You still upgrade during end game; and still become stronger. Being geared for end game here does not mean you have to be all jades n r9+12. You just gotta work harder to get what you want.
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • HESOKA - Raging Tide
    HESOKA - Raging Tide Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The hardest Class to play if you are say average - geared (R9rr +10s - or T3 +10s with Weak shards ), would have to be an archer, as an archer in mass pvp you are a priority target, and with such low gear, it will be quite hard to tank 2-3 people assigned to kill you.

But Endgame archer, now thats where ***** gets real: Endgame archer will tank you, until he eventually purges your ***, and 1-2 shot butt-**** you after wards.

The easiest class to play Average - geared, (R9rr +10s or T3 +10s - Weak shards ) would definitely be a seeker, not much survivability skills are required evan being average geared , And any Class with Zerk-crit prock, lets be honest, can get random kill out of no where with no skill required at all. Sins, Blademastes, Barbs, Seekers,
    Am Awesome b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Depends on what you feel is takes no skill about them:

Easy to kill an opponent when both are low skill: barb, Seeker, wiz etc (basically any of the classes that can 100% your hp with a combo)

Easy to stay alive in 1v1 or mass: barb, psy, mystic etc.

Takes no skill to make people cry in buffed pk: veno.

The only class I would personally say is hard to be classed as no skill is a bm. Even then its not hard to Will -> Roar -> HF in a group of people.

By the way: Skill combos =/= more skill than archer auto attacks. Anyone can press a preset succession of keys, say to achieve the seeker combo. This does not really take any more appreciable skill than the archer autos.
    Skilled archers are the ones who when you 3 man gank them they are still alive after it without having help from their friends and are still pummelling one of you with arrows.

Tldr: All classes have a herp derp that takes no appreciable skill. However all classes also have very high skill caps which when exploited normally beat a herp derp combo from a less skilled player on any class.

Got to hate Seekers and barbs though....b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • killeresras
    edited December 2013
    Depends on what you feel is takes no skill about them:

Easy to kill an opponent when both are low skill: barb, Seeker, wiz etc (basically any of the classes that can 100% your hp with a combo)

Easy to stay alive in 1v1 or mass: barb, psy, mystic etc.

Takes no skill to make people cry in buffed pk: veno.

The only class I would personally say is hard to be classed as no skill is a bm. Even then its not hard to Will -> Roar -> HF in a group of people.

By the way: Skill combos =/= more skill than archer auto attacks. Anyone can press a preset succession of keys, say to achieve the seeker combo. This does not really take any more appreciable skill than the archer autos.
    Skilled archers are the ones who when you 3 man gank them they are still alive after it without having help from their friends and are still pummelling one of you with arrows.

Tldr: All classes have a herp derp that takes no appreciable skill. However all classes also have very high skill caps which when exploited normally beat a herp derp combo from a less skilled player on any class.

Got to hate Seekers and barbs though....b:shutup

I can't really agree with this because archers auto shot is not as hard as doing combos. Normally a good combo is a chi eating one so if you ad and mess the combo up then they just expended a considerable amount of chi. Also since casters have to obviously cast that takes channeling time. Archers don't expend anything except for arrows auto atking. Archers also shoot a lot more auto Atks a lot faster than any class could do a combo(besides a wizzy) nobody could ever really say archers are under powered they have the most going for them next to sins and seekers.

Barbs are eh just lock all day they are more of just a time consumer that can easily be locked.

Edit: doing a combo u have to be ready for possible failings. Shooting auto shot u only have to worry about a veno using blazing barrier
    Love lost is room gained
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I can't really agree with this because archers auto shot is not as hard as doing combos. Normally a good combo is a chi eating one so if you ad and mess the combo up then they just expended a considerable amount of chi. Also since casters have to obviously cast that takes channeling time. Archers don't expend anything except for arrows auto atking. Archers also shoot a lot more auto Atks a lot faster than any class could do a combo(besides a wizzy) nobody could ever really say archers are under powered they have the most going for them next to sins and seekers.

Barbs are eh just lock all day they are more of just a time consumer that can easily be locked.

Edit: doing a combo u have to be ready for possible failings. Shooting auto shot u only have to worry about a veno using blazing barrier

Since the morai update sins have the same thing they have always had going for them, nothing has changer at all about the class.

There are more stealth pots and anti aps pots available now tho, which severly puts the class in line being mid range power. That combined with massive amounts of pdef that casters can now acquire.

As for archers, it depends. In mass PK it's easier for an archer to get by with low gear, that's the benefit of range. However in 1v1 they are average.
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Archer: 1-2~ key bindings
    Wiz: 1-5~ keys bounds for spark + fire combo
    Seeker: 1-7~ keys bounds for metal combo

Whilst yes, technically there is more to do for the seeker and wiz. Are you trying to say that they have shown any more skill than the archer? No because running your finger from one side of the keyboard to the other is no more skilful than pressing your finger down on one key. There is no real thought process involved other than, hehe I can press buttons which someone told me does big numbers.

Regarding chi, archers have skills that take chi which will complement their auto attacks. So have the potential to fail if their target makes an effort to negate these.

Guess its needless to say that even people very new to archers know to weave other skills in to auto attacks to get the most out of their autos and these can be considered archer combos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • LiveWire - Raging Tide
    LiveWire - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The hardest Class to play if you are say average - geared (R9rr +10s - or T3 +10s with Weak shards ), would have to be an archer, as an archer in mass pvp you are a priority target, and with such low gear, it will be quite hard to tank 2-3 people assigned to kill you.

But Endgame archer, now thats where ***** gets real: Endgame archer will tank you, until he eventually purges your ***, and 1-2 shot butt-**** you after wards.

The easiest class to play Average - geared, (R9rr +10s or T3 +10s - Weak shards ) would definitely be a seeker, not much survivability skills are required evan being average geared , And any Class with Zerk-crit prock, lets be honest, can get random kill out of no where with no skill required at all. Sins, Blademastes, Barbs, Seekers,

Seekers are super easy, people just think they are hard cus the symbols look so much alike when they look at our skills lol....
    Sac slash, qpq, genie debuff get zerk crit gg 1 shot any class elohel, with barb buff and new S cards roam around with 40k HP pure str 180 def lvl 22k mag res and 45k pdef who will kill you? exactly, no one lol.. b:laughb:laugh
  • wittyone
    wittyone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Was you the person i read a post about going up against a cleric on a blademaster? if so what do you feel is easier to go up against a cleric, your BM or Sin.. If you reply please explain
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Light armor = light skill required.

I used to think Psy was easymode, then I played an archer in TW and thought "omfg my class is like theoretical physics compared to this." And yeah, sin's a no-brainer.

I would imagine the most complex classes would be cleric, mystic, veno, and in certain situations, barb, BM and Psy.

Cleric can be complex because healing is complex (multiple heal targets with varying degrees of urgency), especially when being shot at.

Mystic, you'd need to find the right balance of DD, support and healing.

Veno? Veno is just one of those classes that a lot of people play horrendously, then every so often you find a good veno and 1v1 it and think "holy **** this dude's a boss," cause there's a lot of tactics involved with it if played correctly.

Barb could be complex in certain TWs if pulling cata, simply because while the average TW or average situation might have mediocre demand, an excellent cata barb can really accomplish a lot.

BM? BM is to support what cleric is to healing. The only difference is that while a derp cleric can lead to a squad wipe ASAP, a derp BM can lead to...your DDs carrying your weight and picking up the slack. In that sense, there's PLENTY to learn about this class and proper support decisions, it's just there's not nearly as much demand to do so as there is with cleric. Still, the potential is there.

Psychic? Try being hate-targeted and/or focus-fired on this class with mediocre or sub-par gear. It's like stun-locking on a BM except your life absolutely 100% depends on you being flawless. Also I think I "underestimate" certain aspects of this class not in objective difficulty, but in attitude. Sooooo many people play this class and camp white; the idea is to psyche your opponent out, not yourself. And as easy as that sounds, I rarely see it happen. Still, this is only a "sometimes" category cause a well-supported Psy's only responsibility is to AOE effectively.

As for Seeker and Wiz? Wiz seems pretty straightforward to me (if you play Psy, you can pick up on Wiz almost immediately; less AOEing but more individual damage control/range) with the only advance techniques being charm bypassing, which a wiz can do wonderfully and to an extent others can't. Seeker can be complex in theory, but in practice it's also quite easy to CS the **** out of this class and let your gear carry you. "That goes for any class!!" True, but what I mean is that seeker can consistently oneshot and tank ridiculous damage (if buffed, anyways) whereas the others require some luck, time, or chance from a stupid player before they get a kill/survive a difficult situation.

In the end...

I think archer and sin qualify as easymode because their jobs are -literally- as simple as point and click. Their job is to deal damage faster than other classes could, so of course the steps to do so are also quite abridged. Other classes, even Seeker, Psy or Wiz, have some degree of variance and thought involved with locating the best AOE prospect or figuring out how to charm-bypass a difficult to take down target to having an escape plan/keeping track of timers. Archer has these to some extent but in practice it's made quite moot by how easy it is to get away with **** up under the cover of sheer numbers; an archer **** up only puts their life at risk (in ways that often might be missed in 80v80 battles), which, as a DD, does NOT effect their primary job. A Wiz or Psy **** up? Yes, that does effect their job in the sense that they won't be DDing in effective ways. A stupid Psy might single-target when they should AOE or vice versa (or be dumb enough to use Red Tide), a stupid wiz might have no idea how or when to take down a cata barb beyond "herp derp gush pyro" or a random mindless combo of spells. A stupid archer...? Still tab-target F1 pew-pewing and dealing massive damage. Support in general tends to have more factors to it's job aside from "shoot things in the face," so all those classes immediately require more thought.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    *snip a wall*
    In the end...

I think archer and sin qualify as easymode because their jobs are -literally- as simple as point and click. Their job is to deal damage faster than other classes could, so of course the steps to do so are also quite abridged.

Top kek.
    I don't know on what server you are playing but it must not have purify spell available then, good luck using mindless point and click strategy.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just think stealth should have a time limit so people can't just wait on cd because it draining the small amount of mp it drains is not really a downside. I do agree apps sins were pretty easy, but at least they came up close. Archers can up unstealth from a good distance and take people by huge surprise because hp fall isn't instant. They could shoot 2-3 arrows before u see your hp drop. I ask where's the skill in that?

The skill is in following up and killing someone while critting 3-4k on endgame opponents.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • _Mg_Zr - Harshlands
    _Mg_Zr - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Get a endgame geared psy with deity stones, camp white and still have enough dd to kill most things

Or get a full endgame geared barb and just sit and laugh when people try to kill you and if enough to come to kill you just sunder geddon

Honestly though i dont think any class has it easy until endgame gear and even then they wont have it easy because they will get uber ganked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - 102 Demon Kitty Kat

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."
    - Douglas Adams
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    MontRei - Dreamweaver Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If we're talking about the current PWI I'd have to go with psys and archers. Psys can nuke anything b:laugh and Archers have that annoying range of theirs, sometimes I die and I din't even know where it came from.

I think the 2 classes on the past that were so overpowered they didn't require any skill whatsoever to be played were sins before the EG expansion (you know, stealth, tele stun, triple spark, aps target to death) the only classes that could (sort of) survive them back then if I remember correctly were BM's and Barbs. And of course, the only thing that can kill something that hits 5 times a second is another thing that hits 5 times a second.

And then there were venos on "The Lost Empire" in 2008. Their domain was already big enough before, but with nixes and hercs it became really ridiculous. I remember seeing someone in the forums saying (and they were not totally wrong) that venos were the 'anti-noob' class: "you could make them HA, LA or AA, and it's gonna work either way. They're the only class that keep their buffs in PvP cause they purge everyone else, then send in the nix from halfway across the galaxy and run, then kill you and start mocking you pretending they know how to play" lol

I should look for that post b:avoid
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
  • tsyfall
    tsyfall Posts: 9
    edited January 2014

I believe you underestimate the amount of skill required to play a DPH assassin, or at the least, mischaracterize it. The difference between playing a psychic and assassin is a bit like the difference between being handed Microsoft Paint and a pencil.

Microsoft Paint is somewhat difficult to learn to use. There are many tools, subsections, and various things you can tweak and modify. Anyone who wishes to use Paint has to spend a decently long period of time learning about it and practicing with it. The results are often admirable.
    Comparatively, a pencil is much easier to begin to use. It only requires knowledge of how to hold a pencil, and from there, anyone can use a pencil. However, it differs from Paint in that a pencil takes an extremely long time to master using, for art purposes. Once a pencil's usage has been mastered, however, it can be used to create photorealistic images that easily outclass anything made on a program like Paint.

Like the pencil, an assassin is easy to pick up on. However, compared to a psychic, it is much more difficult to master. This is why certain assassins are discounted as pathetic baboons, while others are called out as serious threats.

Let me give you an example of an assassin's underlying complexity.
    We now consider the assassin's 4 basic endgame damage skills: Twin Strike, Knifethrow, Condensed Thorn, and Spell Cutter. They are often used only for pure damage, but they are each unique skills with specific uses that are often ignored.

Here are some examples of the underlying complexities of four relatively very basic skills:

When I'm damage dealing, should I use Twin Strike first, or Condensed Thorn? If I use Condensed Thorn, then if my opponent uses Expel, I don't have to worry about being able to stun through it. If they use Badge of Courage, they'll be slowed and will have a more difficult time getting away. However, if I use Twin Strike first, then I'll also be able to use it at the end of the stun as well, which gives me more damage overall.

Should I use Spell Cutter and Knifethrow consecutively, or should I save Knifethrow for the end of the chain? If I use them together, then if my opponent begins using a skill, I have a high chance to interrupt their skill not once, but twice, frustrating them and buying me about two seconds. If I save Knifethrow for the end of a chain, then I can use it when my opponent runs away after my stun ends, and thus gain a ranged finishing hit that they would otherwise not expect.

Should I use Twin Strike or Condensed Thorn before a charmtick? If I use Twin Strike, then there's a chance I can tick charm, and use Condensed Thorn's comparatively higher damage after charm tick, which is more valuable. If I use Condensed Thorn, then there's a slight chance that it will zerkcrit and might even bypass my opponent's charm, ending the fight right then and there. But then again, if it doesn't, I won't be able to use it after charm tick, and I'll lose some damage.

I believe your dismissal of an assassin's requirements in skill is based off of ignorance rather than stupidity; therefore it is a forgivable mistake. It is easy to tell that you have never played assassin at a high level - if you had, you would not have dismissed it so quickly without giving it much thought.