Need answer

creedls
creedls Posts: 10 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Assassin
So today I compare my sin with my friend's sin ( just got my g16 dagger +10, was feeling a little bit cocky), but I found a huge difference in our attack, I have around 7k-10k attack while he has over 10k-12k b:shocked. I was a bit confuse, I mean we have the same gear, G16 weapon +10 and aps set, the only difference was he had 512 dex and demon dagger mastery while I only have 466 dex with lvl 10 dagger mastery. I am just really curious how does he have 3k more attack than me when we are same in gear and almost in stats, I hope someone out there can answer this question for me.
Post edited by creedls on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What adds does your friend have on his dagger? What adds do you have? What about other equipment? I mean, we'd really need a full pwcalc for both of you to answer the question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    What adds does your friend have on his dagger? What adds do you have? What about other equipment? I mean, we'd really need a full pwcalc for both of you to answer the question.

This. There's far too many things that can cause the gap even before we look at the difference in dex you two have.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    While you might think that something like +130 max physical attack on teh weapon is insignificant, you have to realize that even with 466 dex and a level 10 mastery, you're looking at a 5.8ish multiplier for base damage.

As for why this happens, it's because the damage formula is multiplicative.

Just for curiosity, the numbers from the OP provide us with plenty to go off of. 522 dex results in a 5.23 multiplier for damage and 28% crit rate, once you account for Demon Dagger Mastery. That comes to a 6.98728 multiplier, once you throw in Wolf Emblem. On the other hand, 466 dex results in a 4.706 multiplier, along with 23% crit rate. Those come to a 6.004856 multiplier at the end. The final result is the division of those, for a 1.163 multiplier. That is, the OP's friend would have 16.3% more average damage.

Of course, that itself does not, should not and will not line up with the OP, since obviously anyone would have more crit, not to mention tons of +patk from various sources. Honestly, judging by the vast difference in the numbers, I would put my numbers on a large difference in attack levels.

Rather than comparing in-game hits on mobs, you should be comparing your stat screens, as 99% of the information you need is there. The only thing that is currently not on the character info screen would be weapon procs, which g16 nirvana weapons don't have. That and skill details, of course.

Holy ****, I am way out of shape with PWI numbers. I actually miscalculated the damage stuff like three times before I got it right. And I wrote a 15 page paper on how to do this stuff...
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • creedls
    creedls Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    While you might think that something like +130 max physical attack on teh weapon is insignificant, you have to realize that even with 466 dex and a level 10 mastery, you're looking at a 5.8ish multiplier for base damage.

As for why this happens, it's because the damage formula is multiplicative.

Just for curiosity, the numbers from the OP provide us with plenty to go off of. 522 dex results in a 5.23 multiplier for damage and 28% crit rate, once you account for Demon Dagger Mastery. That comes to a 6.98728 multiplier, once you throw in Wolf Emblem. On the other hand, 466 dex results in a 4.706 multiplier, along with 23% crit rate. Those come to a 6.004856 multiplier at the end. The final result is the division of those, for a 1.163 multiplier. That is, the OP's friend would have 16.3% more average damage.

Of course, that itself does not, should not and will not line up with the OP, since obviously anyone would have more crit, not to mention tons of +patk from various sources. Honestly, judging by the vast difference in the numbers, I would put my numbers on a large difference in attack levels.

Rather than comparing in-game hits on mobs, you should be comparing your stat screens, as 99% of the information you need is there. The only thing that is currently not on the character info screen would be weapon procs, which g16 nirvana weapons don't have. That and skill details, of course.

Holy ****, I am way out of shape with PWI numbers. I actually miscalculated the damage stuff like three times before I got it right. And I wrote a 15 page paper on how to do this stuff...

Thank you for the explanation, and just a little thing, the damage I mentioned was the actual physical attack, not damage get from mobs. I check his stats with Eye of Observation, my lowest attack is around 7k, while highest is 10k so his lowest attack point is more than my highest attack. as far as weapon goes, not much difference. we both have dex +19 and maximum attack add on, his is +130 attack while mine is +108. I guess one thing I forget, he is reborn once but I assume that is just stat difference. furthermore, I guess refine, he has better armor refine than me (not sure if that make a difference?)
  • DeadFriend - Dreamweaver
    DeadFriend - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    creedls wrote: »
    I guess one thing I forget, he is reborn once but I assume that is just stat difference. furthermore, I guess refine, he has better armor refine than me (not sure if that make a difference?)

No, armors refines don't add attack, but reborning affects a lot. First of all, you get WA cards after reborning, which can really add some nice damage. Also, leveling Nuema stuff can add some attack. For me, without changing any gear and at same dex i had 1-1.5k more attack at around 90 after reborn than I had at 102 before it, and I only have C-class attack cards and no Nuema levels
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just throwing this out there, I've missed you Olbaze!
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    One more thing that makes a huge difference: didn't he have Strenght of the Titans?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    Just throwing this out there, I've missed you Olbaze!

Oh, I have my reasons.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.