Arc Beta

Options
Brillance - Raging Tide
Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
I got an e-mail for Arc Beta, and I was curious if anyone is going to do/doing the Beta.

Thanks for any replies.
b:thanks
Post edited by Brillance - Raging Tide on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    They're still sending those out?

Suppose it's better than Core Client since it has news posts and all but eh... >_>
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Unless I got trolled by e-mail, (which would be scary), yep they sure are. Just got it today.b:chuckle

Sounds like you are using it Kossy? *ghost is curious*
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I intend to avoid Arc as long as I possibly can. b:chuckle

I used to have the super old Core Client thing that they only sent a certain few, but I eventually ditched it. My guess is it was a prelude to Arc but meh. Don't really want to bother with Arc if I can help it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    ARC is a pile of fail and needs to be killed off now.

1) It's going to be PWE's version of Steam, basically. There are big differences. Steam had a full dev team. Arc, on the other hand, is not going to have a full dev team. It'll be just as buggy, problematic, useless, and painful as Core Connect has been. THAT is a part of a website, and PWE never got it right.

2) The players have so far not liked the concept of Arc. I don't. Because, why change? Honestly, I don't want to have Arc go down because, say, STO updated and it broke the **** out of Arc, so now I can't play PWI.

3) Do I really even need to put anything else?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited January 2014
    Options
    @ Kossy,

Being not the least bit PC savvy, I stay away from a lot of things out of sheer fear - and especially Betas! b:shocked

Learned my lesson on that with an IE Beta long ago. I'm with you on that *thumbs up* b:chuckle

@ Sarrafeline,

Seriously on the STo thingy?? Wow...well, I guess we discovered why they are still sending those out! b:victory b:chuckle
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I poked at it. A lot of the code is wrong and buggy. Might take a deeper look later, but I wasn't very impressed with what I saw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thanks Sylen for your perspective on it. b:thanks

I read your thread as well (not the whole thing as it stands now as a sticky) when you first made it. I kind of felt silly not liking the idea of it, but I think what I dont like is how it feels somehow seperate from the game, where as CoreConnect and the forums didnt/dont. :s

I was personally wondering what was wrong with CoreConnect? Seemed good enough for what *I* needed it for.

I hardly use facebook (like others basicly just for blessing), you wont catch me twittering, and reddit could be yellowit for all I care. What can I say? *shrugs* b:chuckle

Im hoping the plan is not to try to get me to post all over gods world-wide-web in order to foolishly try to continue free advertzing through social media.

I know of another game that tried that 5 years ago, and they didnt fail at the task in general, in fact, it seemed like quite a boom at first - but the game population didnt increase because of it either. Sadly, it declined. You could call it a 'third world' game now.

Anyway, its sort of comforting to know Arc still in Beta. Ive got time to enjoy the game still. b:cute

EDIT: Im not saying Im quiting either over it - ijs.

Just thinking out loud here but, why do they give females dressed in white undies male fashion as a prize?

o.0