I'm afraid now

Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
Seeing how two servers have recently had rollbacks, I'm afraid to do mostly anything. I'm afraid to buy items because there's a chance they could vanish. I'm afraid to sell anything because I'm afraid the coin will poof.

Leveling is about the only thing I'm not worried about. If the levels poof, it's guaranteed to have 4x or 5x or 10x or whatever. But refining, buying or selling big items is out. Takes too much effort to sell stuff today, and I'm short coins so not really buying big items either.
101 Sage Sin*/Archer
100 Demon BM*/Barb
96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
95 Demon Wiz/
94 Sage Veno
85 Psy/80 Mystic
And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
*Pre RB level
Post edited by Sarrafeline - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Both servers that had rollbacks had major problems before the rollback occurred. As long as your server doesn't have multiple instances crashing, it's unlikely to get rolled back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Soon(tm).
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014
    Lack of reliable support is the second primary reason I've mostly quit playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Both servers that had rollbacks had major problems before the rollback occurred. As long as your server doesn't have multiple instances crashing, it's unlikely to get rolled back.

That's true, so if your server starts having instance crashes like Morai and Archosaur were having before, it's better to stop playing until the inevitable error in the database occurs.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Brace yourselves, the end is near.

It's true though, both servers showed signs of problems before the rollback occurred. Sanctuary has been working fine.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    *poof*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Exactly this.

If you start having problems on your server like instances not being open, people getting stuck inside instances, etc. then I would probably at that point start being careful or take a break. If things are working fine as they currently are, then don't worry about it.

And you'll know the minute it happens if instances are messing up. Just watch world chat because people will be freaking out about getting stuck. Things like that tend to happen to a bunch of places at once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So everything is fine so long as an instance like say WS is working just great?
    b:thanks
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Brace yourselves, the end is near.

It's true though, both servers showed signs of problems before the rollback occurred. Sanctuary has been working fine.

Don`t jinx it b:surrender
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    With Sanctuary's luck, it would roll back to like 2009 or something. I couldn't imagine the amount of RQ that would happen after that...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
    edited January 2014
    With Sanctuary's luck, it would roll back to like 2009 or something. I couldn't imagine the amount of RQ that would happen after that...
    half the characters would not exist due to expansions lol b:cool
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    half the characters would not exist due to expansions lol b:cool

Exactly.

And I'd have one of the highest level venos on the server, at least for 10 minutes until everyone hit instant 100 from 10X/whatever compensation was awarded.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Kitsusha - Sanctuary
    Kitsusha - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You must never fear the end.

Server roll backs are the equivalent of a near death/fatal experience IRL.

Only now, there's a chance to get several tries.

f:grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What can I say, I'm in a one man team - Schemin' dreamin', wheeler dealin', feelin' strange - I'm in love with the scene!
    You can go ahead and chastise and blame me, but no matter what, you will never change me!
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    Seeing how two servers have recently had rollbacks, I'm afraid to do mostly anything. I'm afraid to buy items because there's a chance they could vanish. I'm afraid to sell anything because I'm afraid the coin will poof.

Leveling is about the only thing I'm not worried about. If the levels poof, it's guaranteed to have 4x or 5x or 10x or whatever. But refining, buying or selling big items is out. Takes too much effort to sell stuff today, and I'm short coins so not really buying big items either.

A risk is composed of a probability and an impact. The probability is low seeing it happened 2x in a few years. The impact is limited, both times it was just a couple of days that were "lost" since PWE does seem to have backups. Are you really going to have your game ruled by such a small risk ? Dramatise much b:laugh

You encounter way more important risk every day RL. If you don't advance because you could be going in the wrong direction, you'll never get anywhere. Might as well uninstal directly because 1 day your effort will be in vain. Whether it's a new game, pwi stopping or your RL that changes, all your effort will mean nothing at some point.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Few days ago the way Raging Tide started lagging i thought we're also gone like Morai. But thankfully nope & yes now after doing any major update to my character i take screenshots of it just incase there's a roll-back i can present it to the Support GMs and get my items BACK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    trands wrote: »
    A risk is composed of a probability and an impact. The probability is low seeing it happened 2x in a few years. The impact is limited, both times it was just a couple of days that were "lost" since PWE does seem to have backups. Are you really going to have your game ruled by such a small risk ? Dramatise much b:laugh

You encounter way more important risk every day RL. If you don't advance because you could be going in the wrong direction, you'll never get anywhere. Might as well uninstal directly because 1 day your effort will be in vain. Whether it's a new game, pwi stopping or your RL that changes, all your effort will mean nothing at some point.

And these rollbacks happened few months apart while any support/communication from PWE has pretty much ended. This company was never a good one but with the signs we been seeing, the problems are only gonna get worse till PWE starts caring, which doesnt seem too likely.

Saying like we got 2 rollbacks in few years is more or less idiotic - You can see it everywhere. PWE has always been dropping balls but just look at the last few months. Archo rollback, orb abuse and incompetent GMs banning people they feel like for it. A friend of mine got permaban for trying to abuse the code while he didnt get a single orb. On other hand I know people with 20+ orbs and no bans. Morai issues, which lead to rollback. Warsong is broken. Title expansion, which still isnt working properly - took months to add most of the title chains and we were still missing few things on those chains last I checked. Never forget broken parts of our latest expansion. Or the TW times, scheduling maintenance over Monday TWs, which arent even supposed to happen.

All in all there are massive issues, glitches and lack of management. Right now we got no communication from the company, clear lack of interest when it comes to issues players bring up. The way whole TW time maintenances were handled alone is a major sign for concern. The first one pissed off players and if PWE staff didnt know bout it, they really dont care what players got to say. If they knew, which is far more likely, they just dont give a sht. The attitude company shows towards players is disgusting. The issues we been recently having are unacceptable. Any concerns players might have over issues and how they have been handled recently are pretty reasonable.

Ps.If those 2 rollbacks were more apart and there was no change in how common issues are or how much support this game provides from its staff, your argument would be good one. But things are clearly getting worse and I for one actually called Morai rollback week or two ago.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    All I know is that whatever corrupted those databases happen to creep into RT's, I still have some leftover orb compensation. f:sweat
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    why every1 so scared

u get 2-3 days roll back.. ok u lose something

u get 5x next few weeks
    u get ur lost stuff back
    u get more compensation

o.o nothing scary about that

Friend in Arch lost 2,5% (i guess for 104 its a lot)
    He lost money and refine

1 day in that 5x he got 8-10% back
    He got back his money and refine + 3x10* orbs and more ;D
    and he was so happy that PW roll back
  • Annabonana - Morai
    Annabonana - Morai Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    why every1 so scared

u get 2-3 days roll back.. ok u lose something

u get 5x next few weeks
    u get ur lost stuff back
    u get more compensation

o.o nothing scary about that

Friend in Arch lost 2,5% (i guess for 104 its a lot)
    He lost money and refine

1 day in that 5x he got 8-10% back
    He got back his money and refine + 3x10* orbs and more ;D
    and he was so happy that PW roll back

ya that's if you get those orbs. it's worth, othervise you lose **** lots.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ya that's if you get those orbs. it's worth, othervise you lose **** lots.

well in arch every1 got them via email

then pwi decided to put a code...would of been better via email too but oh well
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In almost two decades of playing MMOs, I will say, the majority of them have had a rollback or two rolling back anywhere from a few hours, to almost a month rolled back. It happens. It's the nature of computer electronic equipment, coding issues, etc.

As others have stated, if you notice WC becoming explosive with people having issues like stuck in instance, mass DCs, timeouts, and lag to some degree, hold off on doing anything major for a couple of days.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
    edited January 2014
    Exactly.

And I'd have one of the highest level venos on the server, at least for 10 minutes until everyone hit instant 100 from 10X/whatever compensation was awarded.
    "nobody panic! im totally safe"
    b:laugh