What's the best pvp class when you have $200 to spend on it?

Baluh - Sanctuary
Baluh - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
The only classes i have experience with is Barb and Cleric. I have $200 to spend on game and i'd like to know what class should i choose for my new character.
I have plenty of time to learn to be very good in any class.
Post edited by Baluh - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    $200 won't get you far in pvp terms...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Only 200$? That`s not much to even compete with an average player, stick with barb if you can do Nation Wars.
  • Baluh - Sanctuary
    Baluh - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What if i can farm the g16 gear and use the money for refines?
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That's better than nothing but not enough.
    I mean if you're impatient.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What if i can farm the g16 gear and use the money for refines?

g16nv vs R9R3 is squish squish. No matter what the refines are, it's a one/two shot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok from experience the two classes that are the cheapest to play and be competitive in pvp situations with are sins and venos. For a veno buy a nix for like 50 mill a bit of gear and g16 wep and u can be very competitive high above your gear. For a sin buy cheap gear and some g16 dags and u can also be very competitive pvp wise. I prefer veno, because they are a huge threat in pvp and really fun. I'm a cheaply geared veno feel free to Message me later. My in game char name is MsDoomDesireb:bye

I'd also like to add I have almost no refines or shards and kill ppl way above my gear all the time. With gold prices in sanctuary being like 1.9mill per gold u will have around 370mill so 370 - 50-60 mill for a nix will leave u at let's say 310mill. G16 wep will be about another 60 mill so u would then have 250mill it also cost about 120 mill for full g16 gear so u will then have about 130mill. With the rest I'd suggest a puzzle cube, starter refines, and skills.
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    $200.00.....hahahahahahahahahaha
  • Brett - Morai
    Brett - Morai Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Use the $200 to start a merchant and make some money, and farm on main. I have just started farming/trading to get r9 (started 23rd dec) and got my ring yesterday (although the rollback took it from me lol) I already had r8, but rep is quite cheap.

Set yourself that goal and spend a good 6 months farming, and trading with the $200 you are putting in. You will have r9 quite fast if you are willing to put the work in. I only play on a night for 3 hours ish, sometimes up to 4 or 5. Botting for the rest of the time means I am still making money.
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Real life is best to spend on
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Use the $200 to start a merchant and make some money, and farm on main. I have just started farming/trading to get r9 (started 23rd dec) and got my ring yesterday (although the rollback took it from me lol) I already had r8, but rep is quite cheap.

Set yourself that goal and spend a good 6 months farming, and trading with the $200 you are putting in. You will have r9 quite fast if you are willing to put the work in. I only play on a night for 3 hours ish, sometimes up to 4 or 5. Botting for the rest of the time means I am still making money.

This is the best advice.

Overall, Venomancer is the class you can get away with in mediocre gear. What Venomancers do the best is cause trouble with their purges and debuffs which are not affected by their gear level. As long as you can survive long enough to apply debuffs, which is fairly easy if you chain Feral Concentration and IG immunities, your job is done.

Granted, Venomancers can do more than be purge/debuff bots, IG run in run out. The better gear, the more you can do but most people won't expect much from you and you can mostly do the basic required job in average gear.

Note that Venomancers are mostly a support oriented class. If you're thinking about 1v1 PvP scenarios you'll probably need a certain gear level but in groups you should do okay.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes, honestly saving and farming is best way, but I like things when I want them so... lol( I have no regrets! Except for binding my flyer lol) with what desdi said, yes I do know that veno is support oriented class, but with venos advancements I think they can take on either role perfectly fine. From my personal experience the only class that really ever gives me trouble in 1on1 situations are sage sins and that's only because of how hard they are to control. In group battles I do take up my other side quite well which is being the thing that makes others waste through their genie and sparks to avoid my fluffy cuteness. The choice is yours in the end.
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Psy because they drop anything like its hot.
  • echtzeitmesser
    echtzeitmesser Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The only classes i have experience with is Barb and Cleric. I have $200 to spend on game and i'd like to know what class should i choose for my new character.

Save your money, don't be stupid.
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2014

this is good advice .. except you wouldn't need to spend 200$ to do this. FInd a freind to duo with and farm TT .. get a good chunck of coins saved up. like 40-50mil buy up 20-25 gold. wait for a rep sell. buy as much rep badges as you can.. sit on it until the sell is over..until most other players have sold out.. sell your rep 15-17k a badge. restock gold.. wash...rinse...repeat.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    in game terms $200 is just a pinch of money. But if your really willing to spend a range of that amount, you could use it for merchanting. Alot of merchants keep their shops up 24/7, so anything that allows you to aim for that whether it be buying a cheap laptop or investing it in assets with what you have atm.

Like for me, i ended up buying a cheap 300$ laptop to keep on 24/7 for any and all my game related merching. (not limited to pwi) The laptops nowadays are powerful enough to run whatever clients of medium graphic games and you can adjust the power usage. A backup PC that has minimal web interaction is never useless in case something happens to your main.

of course, like said with others, you can try do with spending NO money at all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Real life is best to spend on

Save your money, don't be stupid.
    This

Why would you want to spend 200$ ? For that money you are absolutely nothing in PWI while you can instead buy 4 different non P2W games or play 1 subscribtion game for more than a year.

For comparison:

I am what is considered pretty well geared for PvE, rather average for NW. G16+8 stuff and a +10 weapon. Now that average in NW means you get 1 or 2 shotted all the time by the above average players since those are constantly present on the battle field and thus have a much greater influence than their numbers would indicate. 1v1 vs end game geared players is pointless.

My toon is worth about 600$ and it took me a little over a year to get here by farming and merchanting.
    A toon competetive in PvP starts at 2000$ or so, can go up to 10k.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
    edited January 2014
    5 years on now this game is still quite alive, you can tell by the amount of people hitting Arcane Sky X everyday, also there is no talk yet of a server merge except among the forum trolls. No difficulty making squads for anything, so there are plenty of people around.

Still, one has to ask before making an investment of $2,000.00, will this game last another 5 years?

Nevermind that though, that is just musing.

Remember right now, as far as Sanctuary server is concerned, that $200.00 is worth about 400 million coins and that is just based on gold trade amounts.

To acquire a full set of just plain ol' rank 9 you will need 19 medals of glory, in game selling from cat shops, they are selling for about 19mil to 19.5mil a piece.

You will also need a total of 205 General Summer's Tokens. I have been away for a while and have not been looking for them but, last I saw they were around 5mil a piece. This might be slightly different today but likely not by much, up or down.

So there you go, now to do the math. I will leave that up to you. Make sure to use a calculator that can handle A LOT of zeroes. I suggest using your computer's calculator, unless you can interpret the funny product you get from a scientific calculator when multiplying thousands by millions, provided you have a scientific calculator.

Is there any good news? Sure there is, once you get past the normal plain ol' rank 9 set, it gets extremely less expensive to upgrade.

Though I have not even mentioned refines and stones yet...

Well, once you do the math, you wind why I laughed at the $200.00 in my earlier post.

You have a long, long road to travel.

Edit: Link to PWpedia for instructions on making Rank 9: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Rank_and_Reputation/RankIX
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    5 years on now this game is still quite alive, you can tell by the amount of people hitting Arcane Sky X everyday, also there is no talk yet of a server merge except among the forum trolls. No difficulty making squads for anything, so there are plenty of people around.

Still, one has to ask before making an investment of $2,000.00, will this game last another 5 years?

(quoted for reference - rhetorical "you" in reply)

While just musing, in 5 years what will the gear be, and cost? Ive been playing catch up for more than 3 years. Im R8 with some G16 pieces. I have the rep for R9, but Im tired of grinding **** and trading ****. As a casual player who doesnt truely see how I will ever really catch up - that's not really much fun, in my personal opinion. *shrugs*

Anyway, the point of that being, when I first made my toon (which leveled much slower than a new toon does now, when I made it) R8 had just appeared in the game. In 3 years we are now at R9T3 (after R8r, then R9, then - well you follow how this is going, lol). $200 is a more than adequate investment to begin your grinding and merching for gears, but will you ever catch up and be able to keep up? Does that sound like fun to you?

If it does, go for it, OP - have a great time! b:victory

P.S. Even if you were only interested in PvE, you would still want the best gears so that you could participate fully in Territory Wars, Nation Wars, and other Public PK-type events.
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Psy because they drop anything like its hot.

With just $200? LOL nope.

I would have to agree with saying veno for the reasons already stated, and again, that is an awful to spend here, but to each their own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you want to be a factor AND have a life, then you're better off spending that $200 else where.

However, if you are well skilled, you can still be somewhat good at 1v1 depending on your playstyle.

Assassins are the best at out DDing the charms of people with better gears than you.

http://youtu.be/6GNd-kjDoE4?t=8m26s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ307VnfoXY

Barbarians are the best at tanking then 1 shotting people with better gears than you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7klaLjWfvE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzFQgxE7ZXQ

Wizards are the best at charm bypassing people with better gears than you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZQDjqBlQvc

If you want to mass pk just play a veno. Purging is the most influential to a fight at the least cost to you. However, you won't be doing any of the killing. If you want to kill in mass pk while undergeared? Maybe Archers or Wizards. Definitely not a melee class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CLMcBjAg4A
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    Is there any good news? Sure there is, once you get past the normal plain ol' rank 9 set, it gets extremely less expensive to upgrade.
    [/url]

Dont believe this guy.

R9 is only just the base you build on. If you just get R9 and refine it lowly, youre still nothing. The difference between R9 and G16 is only 1 factor of what makes the difference between the average PvPer and the top one. And its not even the biggest factor.

The biggest factor is to +12 everything. And that costs more than the R9 itself.
    And then comes the third factor, 24xJOSD. And that again costs more than the R9 itself.
    edited January 2014
    Dont believe this guy.

R9 is only just the base you build on. If you just get R9 and refine it lowly, youre still nothing. The difference between R9 and G16 is only 1 factor of what makes the difference between the average PvPer and the top one. And its not even the biggest factor.

The biggest factor is to +12 everything. And that costs more than the R9 itself.
    And then comes the third factor, 24xJOSD. And that again costs more than the R9 itself.

Wow, Okay, you are quite the jacka$$ for real. Good show.

I was just getting him int he front door and revealing to him just how expensive it is.

Nice job in taking like just one sentence in my whole post and attempting to invalidate the entire post with it. People like you...
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    Wow, Okay, you are quite the jacka$$ for real. Good show.

I was just getting him int he front door and revealing to him just how expensive it is.

Nice job in taking like just one sentence in my whole post and attempting to invalidate the entire post with it. People like you...

Sry, just trying to prevent people from getting false hopes that they can invest a little bit of money, get R9 and be competetive.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I use to play this game, I think I spent somewhere in the range of about 5 thousand only to realize I really needed more like 10. I use to farm more than a full time job. The only thing I never did was be a merchant cause for me that is not fun. Pwi was fun, but in all honesty there are tons of better alternatives to spend money on even if you are rich and definitely better games out there.

I would have thought by now that the game would lower its insane cash shop prices. I suppose not.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Imo with 200 dollars the class that would take you the farthest in terms of pvp is some kind of support class. Even though you may still die a bit too fast against the top geared, playing support for your faction, friends, squad would help the most.

Supportive classes would be like cleric, venos, and perhaps mystics. Bm is supposed to be a supportive class too, but to be effective they need better gear, and I don't think 200 dollars will cut it.

Other option is to use those 200 dollar to merchant.
  • Seekpotatoes - Sanctuary
    Seekpotatoes - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I use to play this game, I think I spent somewhere in the range of about 5 thousand only to realize I really needed more like 10. I use to farm more than a full time job. The only thing I never did was be a merchant cause for me that is not fun. Pwi was fun, but in all honesty there are tons of better alternatives to spend money on even if you are rich and definitely better games out there.

I would have thought by now that the game would lower its insane cash shop prices. I suppose not.

Ok, honestly I'm tired of people adressing someone who is looking for information and help on PWI to other games. Thats hypocrisy imo. Because if you take your time to reply on a thread it means you care about the game, otherwise you wouldn't spend your time with it. And if you care about the game why to tell people to find "better games out there"? The question Baluh made was "What's the best pvp class when you have $200 to spend on it?". He didnt ask how much have you spent, or how much you like or even about your preferences.

I don't mean to be rude but please read things properly before talking something that will put yourself in a bad position.

Now to the main topic:

The way I see it you are not looking for to spend only $200 in game, you are asking where/wich class(PVP) would be better to invest $200.

With 400mil (Sanctuary $200) the best for you to do is start an APS farming class(AKA Demon Sin) for reducing a lil bit the amount of gold you will have to put in the future. You definitely don't need 400 mil for that unless u're buying that cursed tome.

After that the best would be for you to start a Seek/BM/(use your barb) if you LF Phys DDs, or a Psy/Veno/Wizz for Mag DDs. As for the "why" it's symple, those are the classes I've played PVP so far.

And my best advice for you is to learn how to use your class. Read your skills description. Use them all, because they all have a purpose and the more you understand them the more you can survive/kill. Have duels @ west. Find a place to go PVP and 1x1 with people with the same lvl range. Watch PVP videos from people with high-end gear. Find yourself a mentor/friend that will not take it easy on you. Do not trust that you are the best because nobody is. And you will find out that there is a limmit where your $$ can help you, after that you will need players, be friendly.

There are no PVP classes. Period. There are classes that you will find better for PVP and others not so much, but your skills and your ability to adapt to the current environment will make your limit.

I said all that because you said you "have plenty of time to learn to be very good in any class". And all I said is MY OPINION wich means someone else will have other standpoint about it, but what I told you is what I do and works for me.

I hope to see you kick some a$$es in game:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Do you?f:cool
  • arleckb
    arleckb Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Building on what others have said, I agree that merchant should be the focus if pvp is what you are after. First, save the 200 for now until you know how to get the most out of it. Learn self displine if necessary, to resist the temptation of buying the next shinny thing on a big sale. Avoid bordom by pvping with other merchant. Remember to not get them angry with you. Preferably, want them to compete with others and not take revenge on you, which is counter productive.