Anyone else sick of the "first timer" excuse?

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have yet to get to 100 on my only RB character. Rushing to get my other characters to 100+ so I can take the most advantage of 2x.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • foxmike
    foxmike Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    almost Every Flowsilver Squad I'm In Someone Constantly Screws Up And Delays The Run By 10-20 Minutes. And 99% Of The Time They Use Some Stupid Smiley Face And Say ":p Sorry First Time". Even Worse Is When People Come Into The Instance And Ask What To Do.

We're 3 Weeks Into The Damn Expansion And There Is No Excuse For Someone Not Knowing What To Do. There Is Countless Guides On Youtube And The Forums On How To Do It. And Even If There Wasn't, All The Bosses tell You What To Do.

Do You Know The Instance The First Time You Enter?
    Every1 In Pwi Is A Noob Once.
    AND THAT INCLUDES YOU.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lawl poor OP /sarcasm/ expected support and got a ton of haters. :c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've only managed to get in and get this done 3 times now due to how few squads are formed for it.

Or more accurately how many eventually get a barb after an hour of spamming WC for one.

That being said, its a really easy instance. Well by the standards of just about any other game from 20 years ago. Compared to PW instances I guess its difficult, not EU difficult (sarcasm) but people still manage to make it worse than it needs to be.

The last time I was in, on frog boss I got screamed at to use "the 4 axes in my bag."

I replied that they needed to calm their **** and that I had already used them, at the appropriate times.

You know, when the giant on screen text yells at you to; When the blue shield buff icon pops up; When you have your bag open and aren't a total idiot?

Apparently they were keen enough to observe me getting axes, but not me using them, or that the boss was only healing when someone ELSE was getting axes.

I guess the fact that I was just stunned, so it took me a sec to be able to toss my 4th axe also escaped them.

That squad wasn't the best one. People knew what to do, but due to no bm and general lack of DD the run took over 90 min.

We had 2 barbs, and 2 clerics, yet our DDs kept stealing aggro and dying...repeatedly.

So we had to hold bosses, like the succubus several times. Which means that idiots forwent preventing her heals, so that fight took a good 20 min.

During the kings fight, the tanks only had 1 aggroed. Our clerics and I had 3 on us that we basically had to solo while healing everyone that was too busy afk attacking their one boss. Not even the immune one either.

Still, I didn't mind much. It was still fun, I got 7 pages of fate, and no one complained about it taking so long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OP must be some kiddo b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Almost every Flowsilver squad I'm in someone constantly screws up and delays the run by 10-20 minutes. And 99% of the time they use some stupid smiley face and say ":P sorry first time". Even worse is when people come into the instance and ask what to do.

We're 3 weeks into the damn expansion and there is no excuse for someone not knowing what to do. There is countless guides on youtube and the forums on how to do it. And even if there wasn't, all the bosses TELL YOU WHAT TO DO.

I love messing with people like you in squads. Honestly you can shove it where the sun can't shine. I've never done that instance yet but if there is one like you in it when I do I will have my fun.

If you don't wanna play well with others then solo the damned instance yourself and quit joining or creating squads. QQQQ
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Almost every Flowsilver squad I'm in someone constantly screws up and delays the run by 10-20 minutes. And 99% of the time they use some stupid smiley face and say ":P sorry first time". Even worse is when people come into the instance and ask what to do.

We're 3 weeks into the damn expansion and there is no excuse for someone not knowing what to do. There is countless guides on youtube and the forums on how to do it. And even if there wasn't, all the bosses TELL YOU WHAT TO DO.

***** **** before I come over there and bitchslap you! f:fume So what if its someone's fist time in an instance. This character, GumyBear, is the highest character I have, and yes its lvl 88. You gonna yell at me for not knowing what to do?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Hey OP,

I have a newsflash for you! It's amazing! There is this magical thing called "experienced persons only" runs or running with your factions and friends! Instead of getting mad because random assortment of players has a *le gasp* random assortment of experience, including some people that might be new to the instance! b:shocked I know, I know, it's terrible isn't it? When you can't bend reality to your standards? And instead have to actually have random types of people during a random run! The shock, the horror! And I agree with you completely! It's so much better when a new person just tries to wing it, then screws up a run instead of asking questions. Who doesn't love having things take longer than they need to because people are afraid to ask questions? Silly people ruining fail runs with things like logic. For that matter, it's a pity that this game still draws in new players. We all know how much more successful businesses are when they stop taking in new customers. This game would last just oh so much longer without those pesky new players.

Anyway I just wanted to deliver to you this wonderful, magical solution! Because you and I both are posters-in-arms defending the world against fail things like logic. And protecting PWI from the dreaded new players.

Huzzah!

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OP, why so serious, its just a game, and its a freaking social game where we help each other. I think its time for you to leave your mommy basement and meet real living person.
    b:chuckle
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    it's just gargleCU...hMMMM. So don't be all mad. be glad most of you don't have to endure that cripple's drivel on RT.
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Flowsilver is bad? when push comes to shove then 2 people can do it on hard mode. those who die over and over are learning by doing. in the worst case THEY will have to run it again, not you. b:chuckle

but have you tried to run Endless Universe!?
    this instance has been around for EONS, and you still get the same great "i have no idea what to do" comments, followed by "can you explain it for the 34th time?" or my favorite "i not now, i no english kekeke", resulting either in a 3h long horror show of people ignoring the simplest orders ("DO NOT MOVE!") or the quest will eventually glitch because someone is to dense to trash a quest.b:spit
    good thing you can do the instance only once a day, great idea pwi. b:faint
    lol :D noobs will be noobs even if you tried to help them bahahah.
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OP is a duschbag / ****** . you camplaining for those ppl who dont know how to run the instance? some ppl have life other than PWI. 3 weeks are not enoug. EU was been there for long and to tell you honestly most ppl still dont know what to do on that instance.b:angry
  • dotaing
    dotaing Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Stop crying. Is the game going to end if you have to explain something. Instead of QQing 24/7 why don't you ask before you start if anybody needs help or an explanation. Might be better than coming onto forums and crying about a game..
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I mean if they don't know they don't know, can't help that.

Yes you can, you can help by teaching them what to do instead of raging on a forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hagen2244
    hagen2244 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    eraldus wrote: »
    I'm actually sick of people like you. Just go play a single player game, if you can't be patient as to teach somebody how to do the new instance and just wanna steam-roll it with your R999 gear. b:bye

You are absolute right!
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Flowsilver is bad? when push comes to shove then 2 people can do it on hard mode. those who die over and over are learning by doing. in the worst case THEY will have to run it again, not you. b:chuckle

but have you tried to run Endless Universe!?
    this instance has been around for EONS, and you still get the same great "i have no idea what to do" comments, followed by "can you explain it for the 34th time?" or my favorite "i not now, i no english kekeke", resulting either in a 3h long horror show of people ignoring the simplest orders ("DO NOT MOVE!") or the quest will eventually glitch because someone is to dense to trash a quest.b:spit
    good thing you can do the instance only once a day, great idea pwi. b:faint

+1k*1k*1k

And about the FSP, well random squads are always as the title says: random. Expecting everyone in a random to play withing "decent standards" is like gathering a bunch of random ppl to elect the same politician, it will never happen unless murphy's laws kick in.

The EU on the other hand is annoying because even if u have the option to kick, getting a replacement is a must, and thus time consuming.

I would wonder the rage that would come if there was a minimum requirement of 8 ppl on FSP.f:bike
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bangis2010 wrote: »
    OP is a duschbag / ****** . you camplaining for those ppl who dont know how to run the instance? some ppl have life other than PWI. 3 weeks are not enoug. EU was been there for long and to tell you honestly most ppl still dont know what to do on that instance.b:angry

Actually it's cause it died. Wasn't worth farming. I saw it farmed for the first few days then it flat out died on my server. Why do you think it was made a BH? Because they wanted to give it life again.
    I love messing with people like you in squads. Honestly you can shove it where the sun can't shine. I've never done that instance yet but if there is one like you in it when I do I will have my fun.

If you don't wanna play well with others then solo the damned instance yourself and quit joining or creating squads. QQQQ

Same<3
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I recently was asked to join a CV squad by a friend. Upon arriving in lunar I'm told we have 2 newbies who had never done the run before. My first knee-jerk reaction I'm sad to say was much like the OPs. In that I can understand where he's coming from. We all have real lives that limit our time in game so slowing down for a new-to-instance player can feel like an adversity needed to be overcome. However, instead of dropping squad or insisting upon getting other people, I recalled some of my first times and mishaps in the same as well as different instances (oh dear...) and took the time to let them know in advance what we were going to do, things to avoid, and what is generally expected of their classes. In the end, I made a couple new friends and had a more relaxing, and, dare I say it, enjoyable run with NO problems :D One of the other squad members sent me a couple pms thanking me on explaining some things he'd never been clear on and I've run dozens of CVs with him in the past. Ironically I think I also may have met one of the most capable 4k hp EPs in Lost City.

To the OP: Relax. You'll have more fun playing WITH the people you randomly squad with then AGAINST.

To everyone poking at the OP: We've all probably been there.. and we all feel the need to vent at some point. Cut him a bit of slack and maybe he'll cut some for the newbie he runs with next time a little too. b:victory
  • Icy_snow - Archosaur
    Icy_snow - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Woah, it will take me far way to get to RB, so by the time when i get there, can you tell me without 'its my first time', what else can i say? and i'll keep that in mind and use the word you've tole me today.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i think we chased him away b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Brett - Morai
    Brett - Morai Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes, people like you are the reason the playerbase is going down the pan, and the few new players we do get hear you talking with your mouth full of bollocks and are instantly put off. Just go. Yank that router out of the wall and leave the internet alone, it doesn't need you, and you don't deserve it.
  • TroubleIsMe - Dreamweaver
    TroubleIsMe - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have a question for the original poster : have you ran in BH EU yet? If not, you will likely see ppl ask what to do even THERE. I'm glad for those that ask before doing, because it makes things run smoother for the rest of us. Furthermore, even though EU used to be my favorite instance in the game at level 95, and I ran it a LOT, I have learned much, much more about it myself by just reading the questions people ask in the squad.

All the same, I learn more and more about Flowsilver Palace each time I go in there because, even though I have ran the instance a few times, it is very informative to read others' questions and answers to the issues in the instance.

Communication in any form is more than welcomed with me in any instance. I hate going into an instance, and the only team chat I see is Hi and Thanks for the run :P

edit/add: yup, I'm guilty of not reading forums ... just read that someone made pretty much the same points I did, just a few posts earlier :P
    Silly boys, games are for girls! b:chuckle
  • XDeliciousx - Morai
    XDeliciousx - Morai Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well there is a big difference between first timers and people who dont speak English very well.

I dont think someone would mess up instance he is in on purpose just to waste his/her and your time as well. If you are patient and explain them what to do most of people will follow your lead, but if you rage at them and call them stupid etc they will get nervous and do mistakes they would never do in normal environment.

Yes ofc sometimes its impossible to explain if there is language barrier, but those people usually leave squad alone when they realize they cant handle it or if there is no1 who can explain them in their language.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Deliylah ~ director of Revision (revision.shivtr.com)
    sage R9 cleric, lvl 105-104-103

YouTube: youtube.com/user/DeviIiciousAngel
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes you can, you can help by teaching them what to do instead of raging on a forum.

Everyone is responsible for there own actions, nothing really I can say.
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    b:question Anyone else sick of the " I'm pro, I've rushed my way thru the game, and don't have the time to explain anything to anyone" excuse? I know I am... you can watch all the videos you want, read all the forum posts you want and it will never be as good as first hand experience. b:laugh If you were on HT I would squad with you just to ask repeatedly how to do the instance. I would probably ask the same question 10 times per boss just to tick you offb:pleased. Even after 5 yrs of playing this game if I have someone who is new to the game/instance I explain each boss even if its only FB39, guess I would rather take 5-10 minutes to hopefully make them a better player and give them a better understanding of the instance than ridicule them for not knowing an instance they have NO experience in.
  • Kassidee - Sanctuary
    Kassidee - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My first go thru FSP wasn't fun. 2 noobs, no one explained, Wont be doing it again anytime soon.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well there is a big difference between first timers and people who dont speak English very well.

I dont think someone would mess up instance he is in on purpose just to waste his/her and your time as well. If you are patient and explain them what to do most of people will follow your lead, but if you rage at them and call them stupid etc they will get nervous and do mistakes they would never do in normal environment.

Yes ofc sometimes its impossible to explain if there is language barrier, but those people usually leave squad alone when they realize they cant handle it or if there is no1 who can explain them in their language.

+1, i often like this. when i know people mad, rage and call me stupid. i end up being nervous and makes more mistakes. and usually after that i prefer not to go with these kinda of guy who love rage and call others stupid b:surrender
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    peckked wrote: »
    My first knee-jerk reaction I'm sad to say was much like the OPs. In that I can understand where he's coming from. We all have real lives that limit our time in game so slowing down for a new-to-instance player can feel like an adversity needed to be overcome.

This. This so much. It's not that I mind having to explain things. It's that even after I take 10 minutes to explain in detail how the dungeon works, people still **** up. And sometimes, the mistakes are so obvious and easily avoidable, you can't help but think they're deliberately doing it to mess with you and waste your time.

I've seen an archer, tanking the magic immune boss in AEU twins path, get it down to about 200k HP while us casters were still whittling away at the phys immune boss, then drag the magic immune to us, allowing both bosses to combine debuffs and wipe the entire squad. Then claimed it was an accident/misunderstanding. I've had a barb pull 1/4 of PV, die to mobs (when he claimed he could solo pulls), D/C -- which caused a squad wipe -- then come back online, promising that it wouldn't happen again, only to do the exact same thing on the very next attempt, causing another squad wipe. Sure, maybe one might say, you can't predict D/Cs, after all. But if pulling that many mobs in PV causes you to lag and D/C, why pull that many to begin with? And let's not forget the times I've seen EU fail because one ****tard went AFK without saying a word and ruined gem delivery. In fact, EU and AEU is the number 1 reason why I have no faith in the player base any more.

In short, I've seen a lot of mindbogglingly-stupid stuff. And after a while of this, it tends to erode your patience. I agree it could've been said in a less obnoxious manner, but I'd say the OP is right: If you're entering a dungeon for the first time, try to find out more about how it works beforehand, rather than relying on your random squadmates to tell you how to play, and take the time to read the advice the dungeon itself gives you. If you don't want people to be mad at you, listen to what they're saying, don't waste their time and effort, and don't be an AFK burden hiding behind the "First-timer" excuse.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We were all new once to something, what makes the OP so special? I still tend to forget things I haven`t done in ages, I have no problem telling ppl what to do and what to watch out for in flowsilver palace just in case either you are experienced or new, still reminding, you can`t afford any **** ups in there, EU is no exception, it requires team effort (which is a bane in today`s online games everywhere, random people in squad suck in most cases).
  • Submariner - Morai
    Submariner - Morai Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2014

dumbass
This discussion has been closed.