Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    But my question's are these:

Who made the link for the Orbs?
    No idea. I know DoD tried to get the higher ups to give us all something for the troubles we had been going through. Who decided on that item set in particular and set it up is something I'm not sure of.

Would have been amazing if it weren't for the redeem page breaking under pressure and getting exploited, mind you, but the person who decided that may not have known about the page's issues so I can't really place blame on any individual there. Now as a company, it's easy to place blame saying they should have had enough internal communication and testing of the site to either not have the page break, or know it had a history of such issues and sent out the items in a different way.

Individuals, however, I can't really fault there. It was good and honest attempt that circumstances caused to become... this issue.
    Who decided what the next sale in the Boutique was going to be?

The upper management? Or the GM's that are also part of the problem?
    The sales and marketing division... who happen to be bound by their employers and, even were that not the case, are normally completely unrelated to the game itself. That is to say, they wouldn't know about any issues in the game unless said issues were related to a sale and brought to their attention beforehand.

The regular GMs people blanket, have a near zero effect on the sales team and vice versa. Which is part of why so many of us were amazed when the previous CM managed to get his bosses to have the sales division start selling some more fashion directly in the boutique instead of just pack fashion.

Edit: Ignore that guy. He's an idiot fishing for a perma-ban and the more he does this the more ammo I have against him. At least on the forums, the ToS is enforced and bans are an actual thing that can happen. b:pleased
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    No idea. I know DoD tried to get the higher ups to give us all something for the troubles we had been going through. Who decided on that item set in particular and set it up is something I'm not sure of.

Would have been amazing if it weren't for the redeem page breaking under pressure and getting exploited, mind you, but the person who decided that may not have known about the page's issues so I can't really place blame on any individual there. Now as a company, it's easy to place blame saying they should have had enough internal communication and testing of the site to either not have the page break, or know it had a history of such issues and sent out the items in a different way.

Individuals, however, I can't really fault there. It was good and honest attempt that circumstances caused to become... this issue.

The sales and marketing division... who happen to be bound by their employers and, even were that not the case, are normally completely unrelated to the game itself. That is to say, they wouldn't know about any issues in the game unless said issues were related to a sale and brought to their attention beforehand.

The regular GMs people blanket, have a near zero effect on the sales team and vice versa. Which is part of why so many of us were amazed when the previous CM managed to get his bosses to have the sales division start selling some more fashion directly in the boutique instead of just pack fashion.

Thankyou for the reply. Makes more sence to me now. And hopefully to those that read this. That didn't know.

I have to say though, its a shame that this kind of detailed explaination doesnt come from a CM. I hope we get one soon.

Edit: Ignore that guy. He's an idiot fishing for a perma-ban and the more he does this the more ammo I have against him. At least on the forums, the ToS is enforced and bans are an actual thing that can happen. b:pleased

+1 b:chuckle
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Glad to help clear things up.

And yeah. It would be nice to have a permanent CM who could devote their time here again (as long as it's not like the era between spoons and v4l) instead of temps who are already stuck working multiple games and now have PWI added to their workload too.

Oh well. All I can do in the meantime is try and explain what I can to others. Well, that and keep the forums clean but that comes with the fancy border by default.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Many players were able to obtain dragon orb oceans ( as seen in some of my friend's pk videos, and some of mine, where red chat spam went on for hours a while back).

Since then PWI has give all of us:

War Avatar Cards
    Double drops, exp, spirit
    Snowmen
    A new instance
    New passive and class skills

All of these things are making players a lot stronger than they currently were, especially in PvE. If players do their dailies, and participate regularly in squads then it's more than likely a player can be stronger than before within a short period of time.

Here's some advice to some of you who still feel left out on the dragon orbs though. For those of you who wish to be more of a threat in Territory War or PvP.

Ask those in your faction, who you know abused the code if they can help you to buy some dragon orb oceans, since they were able to save so much money. I think if these players are compassionate and want to really help their faction, then they would be more than willing to do this. I feel like those who were able to obtain more than 3 should help their friends/faction members to get an orb who wasn't able to even redeem the code.

Here's some more advice, for those who have reincarnated and have hit level 100 again.

Do you daily quests in the Primao World, so that when the new bosses come, you will be able to participate. There's at least 3 daily quests, do them. Do Flowsilver Deity mode daily as well. If you save all of your Flowsilver tokens, and then buy the Catalysts, to combine to get S packs from the Resistance Force Leader, then you will have a better chance of getting S and A cards. If you take the quests from the War Avatar Master, and have 10 B cards, then you get a free A...and when you get 10 A, you can get a free S card.

Right now though, you shouldn't focus on how much stronger the other players have gotten in the short run. I encourage you all to be more positive, and to consider how much stronger you can make your own characters in the long run. Right now, just focus on building up your character, and not buying unnecessary items. Take the cheapest routs as possible to make your character stronger.

what are you on here mouthing off about anyways..that's not even your account...you either bought it off the original owner or he gave it to you!b:angry
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The expansion's early release was done to shift away the negativity.

If the D Orb incident didnt happen, it would probably be out in the next 2 weeks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Love how you can try to defend this. Kinda wrong for paying customers to ask legtimate questions? Really?

This teflon coated answer is just the kind of rubbish people use all the time so as to hide the truth. You think we are sheep that are dumb enough to continue spending our hard earned cash on a game thats managed in this manner? LMFAO i think not >.>

They don't think you'll spend your money, they know you'll continue to spend your money, at least the vast majority will and that's exactly why they get by with what they do! Hit em where it hurts and they'll pay attention! But no as I've seen in many other games people haven't sense enough to stop spending! It's an addiction just like gambling!
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What compensation, the expansion should have been released with the orb fiasco or w/o, and compensation? REALLY? so that means the abusers also got compensated, because the non offenders didn`t get squat extra from all of this!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well...thing is...we were going to receive the expansion regardless. They just tried to release it early to keep people occupied and forget about what happened because they either don't want to or are unable to offer an actual compensation. Snowmen and 2x are a natural thing for holidays, we get them most of the time (when they aren't broken).

Also don't forget that several events were and are broken including various things in-game such as Warsong and TW times.

I like the new expansion a lot but I don't consider it a compensation at all but hey who cares..it's too late for anything at this point. I'm just enjoying the new stuff.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah if people could stop pretending new content as "compensation", that'd be great.

Compensation is meant to even out the difference/this case neglectence, by pwi towards the 10* orb fiasco. New content does not even out anything.

With the new content we can't get 100 Event Gold overnight, can't get any piece of gear closer to +10 for free, let alone all gears, while people still walk around, unbanned or punished in any way at all, with full +10 gear.

So yeah nice try making this thread (I reckon you got the code at minimum once), but as AlphaOmegaX said: This won't fly. Especially to those who never gotten the code at all, because of abusers it was taken offline within 2hrs (during nighthours)
  • sposte99
    sposte99 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thats what I got:

1. I lost some friends after years
    2. Abuser now have much more HP then me, make more damage and get more coins
    3. I see a dead game full with bots now (thats not "massive multiplayer"!)
    4. I lost interest for the game and the motivation to play!
    5. After 5 years I changed to another game (PW is no more the game I started)

What I not got was a Compensation !
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Ya know... I really wanna know why people keep assuming everyone got 50+ orbs. A huge amount only got the intended 3 and there's plenty who got far less than even the 30 some come up with. So why does everyone immediately jump to the 50+ assumption when this is involved?

Anyways, you can't claim the bans were a lie because then we wouldn't have posts like the one above mine involving people who were... ya know... banned because of this. Now what's going on behind each ban is something I'm sure most of us want to know. Especially for the people who we do have evidence of abusing massively and getting away with it. However, even if DoD had the details on that, which is something I doubt, he'd likely either be legally or contractually unable to tell us which means trying to say he doesn't care or is lying because he can't answer is kinda wrong.

I didnt said every1 got 50 orbs...i said every1 can agree that 2 weeks is not punishment for some getting 50 orbs

Well Since I cant say names in here or u will edit me
    so yah guy xxxxxx in DW server admit in my whisper having 56 orbs..he was banned for 2 weeks
    and guess what he said- he doesn't give a **** that he was banned ;D
    now he is full +10/11

My real friend which lives in UK now...she plays in Lost City and she got 49 orbs on purpose (she wanted more but code got closed)
    she was banned for 2 weeks ;D..trust me she enjoyed those vacations
    as she said she is slowly getting +10.. i guess she needed bit money for armor to make +7

Those who have gotten banned..of course they show off how many orbs they got and that their ban was only 2 weeks lol
    I dont think any1 of them will be banned for telling the truth

There r some mysterious perma bans for 10 orbs...which i wont ever understand..but GM love to act that they doing good job no?

Gm promised Dec to be fun....and content doesn't count because it would of come sooner or later anyways, but since they wanted to silence us more about this..they put it sooner and add glitches ;D
  • eediot
    eediot Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Still waiting for dragon orbs/other rewards that I never got on 2 accounts.
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I love how the company that manages this game. Always has a special talent for making a mess of everything.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    eediot wrote: »
    Still waiting for dragon orbs/other rewards that I never got on 2 accounts.

Same. NW is useless. I could get 10k contribution on my barb in a relatively relaxing night of PK. Now, I'm getting hit so hard, it's just not funny. I'm going to need to get R9 just to not get oneshot by a seeker. >_>
    I love how the company that manages this game. Always has a special talent for making a mess of everything.

No joking. I think there's just 3 people there on staff, and one is a monkey.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Nipon - Raging Tide
    Nipon - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    For me at the moment this game still worth to play but not worth to put real money in game .... I just have fun with friends.b:bored
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    For me at the moment this game still worth to play but not worth to put real money in game .... I just have fun with friends.b:bored

That's where I'm at.

Getting very close to switching to STO for my entertainment needs.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • marvinhuddleston
    marvinhuddleston Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Lesson learned from this . Find a glitch and abuse the hell out of it .
  • skyline9393
    skyline9393 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wasn't playing for a while cause Holiday etc now coming online and most ppl got +10 and say the 1-4 week banns are a nice joke for this money...

GG Pwi
  • nordpol4711
    nordpol4711 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes, game is dead now....
    But there are many better games b:laugh
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    bumpb:angry
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Lesson learned from this . Find a glitch and abuse the hell out of it .

This is very true, seems the only people who get compensation are those who abuse glitches while everyone else suffers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Identical - Lost City
    Identical - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is very true, seems the only people who get compensation are those who abuse glitches while everyone else suffers.

Nope DemansPsy claims he got perma banned for abusing the dreamchaser packs.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nope DemansPsy claims he got perma banned for abusing the dreamchaser packs.

wasnt that glitch like months ago O.o why banned recently?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    so now that our promised compensation- events- didnt work

so are they gonna do anything at all? or keep ignoring?
  • hagen2244
    hagen2244 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    He said wait till december...
    You must wait 11 months for the Compensation!

PW promised a Compensation and they have never lied to the player b:laugh

So long play we can play another game....b:bye
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hagen2244 wrote: »

I like the way this guy thinks.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hagen2244 wrote: »

Your playing the compensation already
    UPDATE (12.12.13)

I have good news for everyone concerning "Nothing has happened yet in December".

Due to our commitment in bringing the best experience we can to Perfect World for all players of all servers, we've been able to do something that generally doesn't occur often:

release an expansion ahead of schedule!

Thanks to the awesome efforts of our QA team and the feedback from all of you concerning the last couple months, we were able to pour more manpower into releasing this huge expansion ahead of schedule.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • poupousse
    poupousse Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    f:staref:staref:stare

Where did you see any compensation other than scheduled updates b:question
    (Do NOT believe any lies...)
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014

New content IS NOT compensation
    it would of come sooner or later anyways

and i actually wanted it to be later so they can actually really prepare for it..not yet again new content + glitches all over the place ;D
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    New content IS NOT compensation
    it would of come sooner or later anyways

and i actually wanted it to be later so they can actually really prepare for it..not yet again new content + glitches all over the place ;D
    I dont know if its the FULL compensation but from whats posted it seems that its PART of the compensation, as it is explained that they technically brought forth an aspect of the game earlier than intended for our enjoyment. I guess not all compensation will be 'items' b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
This discussion has been closed.