Anyone else sick of the "first timer" excuse?

GoogleChrome - Raging Tide
GoogleChrome - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
Almost every Flowsilver squad I'm in someone constantly screws up and delays the run by 10-20 minutes. And 99% of the time they use some stupid smiley face and say ":P sorry first time". Even worse is when people come into the instance and ask what to do.

We're 3 weeks into the damn expansion and there is no excuse for someone not knowing what to do. There is countless guides on youtube and the forums on how to do it. And even if there wasn't, all the bosses TELL YOU WHAT TO DO.
Post edited by GoogleChrome - Raging Tide on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just chill out, some people dont play 24/7 and wanted to level first etc so yes its their first time.

You complain about people not knowing what to do, and you say its even worse when they ask. :S

Would be better if you ask at the start of the run if theres anyone new so that you can explain and they learn. Everyone happy.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    Jojoushi - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not RB'ing until I'm 105, so I'll be going into the palace almost 6 months after exp. wondering what to do b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is always what you make of it...
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Almost every Flowsilver squad I'm in someone constantly screws up and delays the run by 10-20 minutes. And 99% of the time they use some stupid smiley face and say ":P sorry first time". Even worse is when people come into the instance and ask what to do.

We're 3 weeks into the damn expansion and there is no excuse for someone not knowing what to do. There is countless guides on youtube and the forums on how to do it. And even if there wasn't, all the bosses TELL YOU WHAT TO DO.

People like you are the reason why the player base of this game is slowly sinking and getting worse and worse each day that passes...

I'm actually sick of people like you. Just go play a single player game, if you can't be patient as to teach somebody how to do the new instance and just wanna steam-roll it with your R999 gear. b:bye
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I see nothing wrong with it so long as they tell you that its' their first time prior to starting a boss. I had leveled fairly quick and done the dungeon pretty early so I've done quite a bit of explaining and it really only irks me if they don't speak up and continue to mess up somehow.
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I mean if they don't know they don't know, can't help that.
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    People are getting too impatient to play this game...

It comes to a point that you're not sure if you're actually playing a MMORPG, or a racing game.
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Reasons I haven't even touched Flowsilver yet, because I'm afraid of running into people like you. My cleric is all rebirth and leveled again finally and I don't want to be that person that people scoff at when I want to try a new instance, especially being a cleric I'm extra paranoid about **** something up.

f:scared
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2014

This is just ..... epic. There was an expansion just 3 weeks ago, and there are many people who didnt try all those things yet. Even if it was released 6 months ago, it is okay for people not knowing what to do if its their first time. Sure, you can read guides but even if you do youre never perfect the first time. Its normal, not everyone logs in as soon as the new expansion is out and spend their days exploring new dungeons with fac mates or friends. You know, there ARE people who play PWI just casually. But instead of teaching them, people complain that they cannot rush through it. I remember the time when a typical dungeon took about 1 hour because people didnt have OP gear and APS. Seriously, if they tell you they dont know what to do just teach them. Its sad that this is the typical behavior of todays playerbase.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    >Not realizing that few visit Youtube for PWI vids/Forums
    >Expecting everyone to be pro within 3 weeks when most players are casually experiencing content at their own pace

OP is a duck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    if u dont like ppl u squad with - try solo :D i tried b:shocked

its a game chill out :) and its still a new instance
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2014

-1... What a toxic player
  • Bunnybites - Harshlands
    Bunnybites - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I have leveled three characters to 102 in the last 5 years, mostly all solo. I hate instances because of people like you. I wasn't born knowing everything about this game. I don't do bh's and only do the instances I have to to level.

This is fun for me and my relaxing time, I certainly don't want to be told off by someone whose life is a game. I have a real life, a real job, and raising a daughter.

Why don't you take into account that some of the people here are just having "fun" and maybe your best off to find one squad to always stay in that are experts in all things.

Hope you learn some tolerance for others, makes life a lot more enjoyable.

Have a great day and above all........ have fun its only a GAME.
  • poupousse
    poupousse Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    How is it possible that a toon with TWO trademarks in his name has not been yet banned or at least renamed ? b:surrender
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    This topic made me sad on the inside.

Then i saw all the replies rightfully telling OP off for that BS.

Faith in humanity +1.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We're 3 weeks into the damn expansion and there is no excuse for someone not knowing what to do

*Facepalm* Not everyone has the time to FC 24/7 back to 100. Some are also going for 2nd rebirth right away as well. You just can't accept that some people need their sweet time to level up again, unlike you who sounds like you have 24/7 time to play. Get a full time job and you'll see how busy you'll be and can't actually play. Stop being so mean.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited January 2014

1) PWI *never* documents their expansions worth a damn, and this new one is no exception. Forum documentation is thin, spotty, YouTube videos are blurry and soundtracked with headbanging **** instead of commentary.

2) You and people like you are the *exact* reason why this game is fading away.

3) When you finally manage to drive everyone away from *your* server, PWI damn well better not merge you with mine.

You have a nice day now, Sunshine.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • LilyWinters - Archosaur
    LilyWinters - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Solution: Form your own squads.

Also you should change your title to Omnipotent Seer since you seem to have infinite knowledge of the game and have never had to ask anyone about anything. f:despise
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014

People with ****head attitudes like you is one of the reasons I don't bother to log in more than a few hours a week, if that.

In a couple of months, I might have gotten around to rebirthing one of my toons, and will eventually get around to doing the instance, and guess what.... I won't know what to do. I'll be saying I'm new.

But, also because of peons like you, I won't be joining a random squad. I'll only be playing with friends and faction members who will be more than happy to show me the ropes.
    Just chill out, some people dont play 24/7 and wanted to level first etc so yes its their first time.

You complain about people not knowing what to do, and you say its even worse when they ask. :S

Would be better if you ask at the start of the run if theres anyone new so that you can explain and they learn. Everyone happy.
    For once, I completely agree with you.

It's people like the OP who are unwilling to spend a (gosh) extra 10 or 20 minutes helping someone else that is completely ruining the game.

Don't be fooled though, it's not just complete ******* like the OP, it's also the complete ******* that are simply complete ******* and refuse to even try learning game mechanics, squad play, or how to be a real person.

/Rant b:bye

Edit: I'm kinda impressed by the filter there, it picked a couple of words I didn't think it would. Just insert whatever profanity or near-profanity you feel is adequate. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Flowsilver is bad? when push comes to shove then 2 people can do it on hard mode. those who die over and over are learning by doing. in the worst case THEY will have to run it again, not you. b:chuckle

but have you tried to run Endless Universe!?
    this instance has been around for EONS, and you still get the same great "i have no idea what to do" comments, followed by "can you explain it for the 34th time?" or my favorite "i not now, i no english kekeke", resulting either in a 3h long horror show of people ignoring the simplest orders ("DO NOT MOVE!") or the quest will eventually glitch because someone is to dense to trash a quest.b:spit
    good thing you can do the instance only once a day, great idea pwi. b:faint
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014
    Flowsilver is bad? when push comes to shove then 2 people can do it on hard mode. those who die over and over are learning by doing. in the worst case THEY will have to run it again, not you. b:chuckle

but have you tried to run Endless Universe!?
    this instance has been around for EONS, and you still get the same great "i have no idea what to do" comments, followed by "can you explain it for the 34th time?" or my favorite "i not now, i no english kekeke", resulting either in a 3h long horror show of people ignoring the simplest orders ("DO NOT MOVE!") or the quest will eventually glitch because someone is to dense to trash a quest.b:spit
    good thing you can do the instance only once a day, great idea pwi. b:faint

b:surrender I haven't done that either, and I used to actually play this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited January 2014

A person with an attitude like yours is the reason I don't do random squads for first time runs anymore and stick to going with friends. At least they are more understanding. You cannot expect every single player in PWI to know this place after only 3 weeks of expansion time. It's called real life. Most people play as they see fit. f:despise

Side Note: You cannot judge the amount of time this has been running into a noob feast. There will always be players that run everything on a first time basis no matter what you run, it doesn't matter if it's new content or not. You just made yourself look bad and succeeded in doing it well.f:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This sincerely sounds like a QQ thread why hasnt a mod closed it yet? I mean seriously complaining cuz people dont know what to do? Figures it would come from a fellow in Raging Tide since our server is so greedy. People refuse to take non reborn with them for stuff just cuz of a little nerf.....im constantly helping people off WC cuz people like this OP wont help anyone cept them self. Stop being Greedy and jerks people from RT.....help each other out and good things will come your way. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    edited January 2014
    There is no nerf on anything. That's just a rumor going around I already posted asking that question a few days ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ...an attitude like yours...
    Go jump off a cliff.

hmm, lel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    edited January 2014
    hmm, lel

That's for first time power levers you moron......not people that are willing to learn an instance.....learn to read my whole siggy....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Wazwaz - Sanctuary
    Wazwaz - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    like you were born knowing everything and new instance in the game??
    too many got a life and not living for a GAME.. and is it too long for 3 weeks after expansion ? well warsong been here since years and every while we get someone in the squad saying "it's my first time" .. get a life son b:bye
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Reasons I haven't even touched Flowsilver yet, because I'm afraid of running into people like you. My cleric is all rebirth and leveled again finally and I don't want to be that person that people scoff at when I want to try a new instance, especially being a cleric I'm extra paranoid about **** something up.

f:scared

This. I've been reborn 100 for a few weeks and only went into Flowsilver yesterday, with a friend of mine. Honestly a quick summary of what to expect from each boss right before it is all people really need, not smug attitude from people such as the OP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • _SheeLah_ - Dreamweaver
    _SheeLah_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014

What's so wrong about asking a question? Take a few and explain it to them, not everyone is in a rush.
    It's 3 weeks old LOL!

Not everyone has RB'ed yet either, and so what if it's on youtube, some people like to learn by seeing it first hand. *shrugs*
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So there is no actual nerf? The rumor i heard was that non reborns get serious nerf from reborns in a squad lol.....if that ISNT true than what is sad is that there are jerks on the server spreading lies like this to **** with people. So tired of the dishonesty no one cares about anyone but what they can gain anymore. And to think there is a large number of younger people that DO play this game....and THEY are supposed to be our future if they act like this in a game im afraid how they would do as our government officials....ijs its a scary thought
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited January 2014

iI assume u had no idea what to do there to for the fist time, and ppl awakening al the time...didnt everyone awaken when u did, and if you sick of ppl want to learn things, ask for squads only who knows what they do...dont understand why u QQ on the forum, it is your fault not the ppls who wants to learn
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.