Stop pack hiding fash

killeresras
killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
Ok so this is getting really annoying. I am very tired of all the new fash sets being hidden in packs like seriously killing me. Gear is already hard enough to get and so are the new cards. Can't stop their though just have to make fash random by hiding it in packs with low chances. Can I not at least look pretty while I am being killed?
Love lost is room gained
b:cute
Post edited by killeresras on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It worked for some time, after we requested it, but now they are back in packs.

I wonder though what happened with their fashion designers...we used to get a new fashion set once a week or every other week but now we hardly ever get any new set (and we still have unreleased fashion too). Whenever we get a new set it's usually after a major update (content or expansion) or an introduction of some "epic" new pack.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • killeresras
    edited January 2014
    It worked for some time, after we requested it, but now they are back in packs.

I wonder though what happened with their fashion designers...we used to get a new fashion set once a week or every other week but now we hardly ever get any new set (and we still have unreleased fashion too). Whenever we get a new set it's usually after a major update (content or expansion) or an introduction of some "epic" new pack.

Yes, I remember when they used to always have new fashb:cute then they changed and hide them in packsb:angry. Ikr so much stuff we haven't gotten, I think the next expansion should be called "rise of the forgotten content"(sounds like something everyone would be interested in lol).
    Love lost is room gained
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I bought one pack-based fashion set. Just one. Since then, fashion has become more of a chore than fun. I refuse to open packs for fashion that has about as much chance of dropping as a SOT (being sarcastic, so don't get super ultra mega butthurt and post up exact drop chances kthx).

My main problem with this is that fashion has no impact upon game play. It should be inexpensive, readily available through Boutique, and easily dyed. Putting it in packs just defeats the purpose of fashion. Fashion isn't supposed to be a coin sink, or they would have had an NPC that sells it in game for coin (which would be quite awesome, assuming it's not like 20B coins for a freaking bikini top).

Putting fashion in packs just move it out of reach for most players. Spending 20m for a freaking set of heels is really stupid. If fashion is going to remain in packs, it needs to be set so the user gets to select the color upon opening the fash pack, needs to come in a complete set, and the actual quality of the work needs to go up. Alpha blend channel fail needs to be fixed. Vanishing fashion when underwater should have been fixed like 3 years ago, especially since fash can cost upwards of $1000, if you're opening packs just for it.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • killeresras
    edited January 2014
    I bought one pack-based fashion set. Just one. Since then, fashion has become more of a chore than fun. I refuse to open packs for fashion that has about as much chance of dropping as a SOT (being sarcastic, so don't get super ultra mega butthurt and post up exact drop chances kthx).

My main problem with this is that fashion has no impact upon game play. It should be inexpensive, readily available through Boutique, and easily dyed. Putting it in packs just defeats the purpose of fashion. Fashion isn't supposed to be a coin sink, or they would have had an NPC that sells it in game for coin (which would be quite awesome, assuming it's not like 20B coins for a freaking bikini top).

Putting fashion in packs just move it out of reach for most players. Spending 20m for a freaking set of heels is really stupid. If fashion is going to remain in packs, it needs to be set so the user gets to select the color upon opening the fash pack, needs to come in a complete set, and the actual quality of the work needs to go up. Alpha blend channel fail needs to be fixed. Vanishing fashion when underwater should have been fixed like 3 years ago, especially since fash can cost upwards of $1000, if you're opening packs just for it.

Very true because even if we manage to obtain the fash for pretty large sums of money we then have to pay another good amount of money to dye the set the color we want. This is especially true if we want the more prestigious dyes like black and white which are right now like 1.9mill each.
    Love lost is room gained
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Fashion isn't supposed to be a coin sink, or they would have had an NPC that sells it in game for coin (which would be quite awesome, assuming it's not like 20B coins for a freaking bikini top).

p2p pw does this, but then again they don't have a cash shop at all.

Same goes for fliers, especially 3.2+ fliers for earthguard.
    It's silly that I still can't buy a 3.2+ eg flier from the cash shop like I was planning to do 3 years ago. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited January 2014

It's silly that I still can't buy a 3.2+ eg flier from the cash shop like I was planning to do 3 years ago. b:surrender

That's because you are looking at the flyer like a 'Dodge' or 'Volkswagen'. They dont want your measly 15/30 gold for it. They want you to see the flyer as a 'custom Rolls Royce'. A rare and absolutely priceless 'bird' indeed! f:stare

b:chuckle

(I agree. Im sick to death of my Centipede, lol. Same with Mystic Book drops and in the bidding hall. They said they released into the bidding hall some time ago - and Im not saying they didnt, its just that *I* havent seen it yet. b:surrender)

EG not feeling the love...

Ok so this is getting really annoying. I am very tired of all the new fash sets being hidden in packs like seriously killing me. Gear is already hard enough to get and so are the new cards. Can't stop their though just have to make fash random by hiding it in packs with low chances. Can I not at least look pretty while I am being killed?

+1. Again, its the rare 'attire' = mo' money theory. You are playing the 'Salvador Ferrigamo' custom-design game. b:victory

(Yes! You can make awesome combinations from already available fashion, and still be cute - even in death. :))
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Heh, same here. My Seeker has a 2.5 flier, and my Mystic has a free flier. Not going to bother with anything else at this point, I'm not shelling out 150 million coins for something that SHOULD be in the Boutique for 12 gold.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    When was the last time they actually added a new flier to the boutique?

Aside from the stuff that comes with the addition of a new race.

If I'm not mistaken, it'd be.... back in mid '09. And the original three races have fliers that are still completely unobtainable.

Yeah... b:sweat

Same thing happens with fash it seems. Which is why I haven't been getting as much new fash as I used to. At least before the only issue was the crappy dye system.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    IKR! I want more new fashion! D:

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Especially since I saw the new fashion from the latest pack in a shop for like 100mil. Atleast maybe make a the drop rate higher in the pack for the fash.
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes, new fashion is seriously rare these days. Not many people have been opening packs like they use to. So everything new is more rare and expensive. Even the token prices are outrageous. It would be nice to have new fashion in the boutique. Even a guy like me is getting tired of old fashion. f:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Crystabella - Heavens Tear
    Crystabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Then add to this that the AH has been broken now for over 3 months. You can't sell fashion along with various other items. For some of us the fashion side of the game is half the fun and really needs to be sorted out b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The new Orchid fashion on HT seems to be non existent. I haven't seen anyone wearing it, anyone selling, and the same 4 people WC to buy it several times a day since it was added.

I've seen it on ecatomb, but want to preview the hair on my character. I doubt I have the coin to buy it anymore, but usually with pack fash I'd at least be able to see it by now.

It seems like pack fash generally contains only one piece people want so you see the other ones in cat shops for pretty cheap. Not so with this set I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    The new Orchid fashion on HT seems to be non existent. I haven't seen anyone wearing it, anyone selling, and the same 4 people WC to buy it several times a day since it was added.

I've seen it on ecatomb, but want to preview the hair on my character. I doubt I have the coin to buy it anymore, but usually with pack fash I'd at least be able to see it by now.

It seems like pack fash generally contains only one piece people want so you see the other ones in cat shops for pretty cheap. Not so with this set I guess.

There is a player that has it that afks by the north banker sometimes. I caught her once and previewed the hair, it's really pretty hair.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why not add the pack fash to the bidding hall much like some of the other pack flyers. At the very least even. Unless it has been already and I just havent seen it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.