Peach/Hellfire no longer drops skillbooks?

Options
Toraah - Archosaur
Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
So, I've been farming Aba recently to try get the last book I need for the new skills, which is Puncture Wound. This skill only drops from Peach or Hellfire in Sot/Aba, no other way to get it, however I ran Aba 20 times and not a single skillbook dropped.

People have been telling me that the revamped Sot/Aba no longer drop skill books, because no one has seen one since the revamp. If this is true, that means no one will be able to get some of the new skills unless one already has these skills.

Does anyone know for certain if these bosses do or don't drop these books so I can stop wasting my time farming something that isn't there?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
Post edited by Toraah - Archosaur on

Comments

• hjunk231
    hjunk231 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Hey its been for awhile already .They dont drop any skill books anymore. moreover the cave bosses dont drop any molds now . Its PWI they turn the wheel and we are just passengers with no vote all choice we have is to accept or uninstall b:sad
  • Sinclere - Sanctuary
    Sinclere - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    People have been telling me that the revamped Sot/Aba no longer drop skill books, because no one has seen one since the revamp.

Had demon swirling mists off peach the other day, dunno about sin skills but received the mystic skill so it's still possible unless they changed it with the maint today. With a 0.6% chance though I wouldn't count on puncture wound in 20 runs.
  • hjunk231
    hjunk231 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Had demon swirling mists off peach the other day, dunno about sin skills but received the mystic skill so it's still possible unless they changed it with the maint today. With a 0.6% chance though I wouldn't count on puncture wound in 20 runs.

Really?Well if they still drop then it seems the chances of getting any books have been significantly lowered
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Options

I know, but I was just curious because not a SINGLE book at all dropped in 20 runs, which seemed kind of weird to me ;s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    No, books were not removed.
    No, the drops were not reduced.
    You are just having bad luck.

Also, some molds were indeed removed, others, like misty forest ring mold, were moved to some mobs that is found in the instances to their drop tables.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    So, I've been farming Aba recently to try get the last book I need for the new skills, which is Puncture Wound. This skill only drops from Peach or Hellfire in Sot/Aba, no other way to get it, however I ran Aba 20 times and not a single skillbook dropped.

People have been telling me that the revamped Sot/Aba no longer drop skill books, because no one has seen one since the revamp. If this is true, that means no one will be able to get some of the new skills unless one already has these skills.

Does anyone know for certain if these bosses do or don't drop these books so I can stop wasting my time farming something that isn't there?

there's a roughly 12% chance of not getting a skillbook in 20 runs, which is really not that far out of the realm of impossibility. You're just getting bad luck. Repost if you still haven't gotten anything after 100 tries.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Tideborn skill books are notorious for having abnormally low drop rates. Be prepared to shell out 60mil plus, regardless of the culti and skill. Even before this update, sage Psy Aqua Impact and Spirit Blast were known for exceeding 100mil in value because they were important skills that were only dropped once every ~3 months or some ridiculous ****. Now all those basic skills have the same importance (first two Psy and first two sin books), so yeah better have coin ready.

Having said that, isn't it Twin Strike and Slipstream that drop? Thought I heard someone say that but Puncture wound would make sense with the level requirement. Puncture wound might be from tokens (you better pray it is or you're screwed).
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Sad to say yes, all of those Assassin and Psychic skill books drop from Peachblossom Ritualist and Hellfire Abomination only. Since the latter is insane to solo it looks like peach is it.f:horror
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I know, but I was just curious because not a SINGLE book at all dropped in 20 runs, which seemed kind of weird to me ;s

Not actually that weird, considering that the odds of an additional drop is 10%.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Not actually that weird, considering that the odds of an additional drop is 10%.

:o Olba still posts, haven't seen you in ages!

On topic- I know people have said this but Astrelle provided database links to the new and old bosses, and both versions still had book drops. The odds are, however, really sucky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

I have ran 60 - 70 runs w/o a single drop (when I farmed the old Sot and both instances have same chances), beat that! :P
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Having said that, isn't it Twin Strike and Slipstream that drop? Thought I heard someone say that but Puncture wound would make sense with the level requirement. Puncture wound might be from tokens (you better pray it is or you're screwed).

No, I got slipstream like 3 times trying to get raving slash from tokens. I know for a fact puncture wound is only obtainable from SoT/Aba.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Longknife - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    Options
    No, I got slipstream like 3 times trying to get raving slash from tokens. I know for a fact puncture wound is only obtainable from SoT/Aba.

You're screwed.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Options
    You're screwed.

As is 95% of the sin population wanting to get the new skill. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• I_willscrewU - Sanctuary
    I_willscrewU - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    we need something done about this from pwi, those books should be dropped in fb89 in the first place like the ones from the original races, adding them to fb99 was a mistake that for a strange reazon ( call it lazyness) still remains.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    we need something done about this from pwi, those books should be dropped in fb89 in the first place like the ones from the original races, adding them to fb99 was a mistake that for a strange reazon ( call it lazyness) still remains.

......But they drop all class skill books.
    edited December 2013
    Options

99 instances even drop doubles, PWI wanted to make it so that 89 instances only drop certain books as we can see, you will not get, for example, tiger maw, true form, etc in 99 instances but only in 89, they should have added the tideborn books in 89 drop table upon the release of those classes, because those skills are low level (twin strike, spirit blast are skills you learn @ start).
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    Options

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe two main differences are:

1) All skills can be made somehow for other classes; for the lower skills, it's via tokens.

2) The Tideborn skill books are exceptionally rare for some reason; a quick look at the amount of such books on the market compared to the non-tideborn counterparts would support this. It's as if someone derped and typo'ed the drop rate and put it lower than intended.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe two main differences are:

1) All skills can be made somehow for other classes; for the lower skills, it's via tokens.

2) The Tideborn skill books are exceptionally rare for some reason; a quick look at the amount of such books on the market compared to the non-tideborn counterparts would support this. It's as if someone derped and typo'ed the drop rate and put it lower than intended.

The problem is tideborn has books that can only drop from bosses, other classes dont if Im not mistaken. Yes, some random books have bad odds to roll the best books but least all the skills are covered in random books. With TB its not true and with how little SoT/Aba is farmed, odds off any books getting farmed is low and out of those skills only minority is TB skills. All in all, if those skills arent moved into 89 caves or added into random books, the skills might just as well not exist due how ridiculously rare they are.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The problem is tideborn has books that can only drop from bosses, other classes dont if Im not mistaken.

IIRC, at least BMs have a skill book that's also drop only from Seat/Aba. Not too sure on the rest of the original classes, though.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited December 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    IIRC, at least BMs have a skill book that's also drop only from Seat/Aba. Not too sure on the rest of the original classes, though.

And that book is pretty much worthless, it`s Vacuous Palm, or it should be at least as I remember.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I love how people think that just because they do 100 runs it increases the odds.

It doesn't change the odds at all. Each time you do it, there's only the 0.6% chance of getting the book, and that's assuming that you've managed to roll a 10 and get the additional drop table.

Each time up you're rolling the die. Same die, same odds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foxxel1980
    foxxel1980 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Just my weighing in on the whole drop thing...
    i seem to have dismal luck as i ran in excess of 150 times, (mixture of sot before the update, and abba after) and have gained a total of 3 books.

GL farming a specific one
  • Zymari - Archosaur
    Zymari - Archosaur Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Sylen....it doesn't matter how many times you run it... the books just don't drop. You seem to be missing the point.

Tideborn have two main skills that are part of the newly modified skill set and yet we cannot get the books to go sage/demon to get the base skill for the upgrade. They are all complaining that we cannot get the upgraded skills and that the way you get these books needs to be changed and the drop rate greatly increased to every time for all classes. Hell, make them part of the token/OBP/PoF randoms pls!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The books drop, they're just vanishingly rare.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Shikiyu - Heavens Tear
    Shikiyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Try running 33 back to back. I had demon BM Golden bell of aura's, but not puncture wound or twin strike. This is outrageous!