*DEAR* PWI(u better read this)

Options
Ajaany - Raging Tide
Ajaany - Raging Tide Posts: 124 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
SO . . . would you pls fix the god damn lag?

1-2 times per day is meh rage a bit then forgive but when its 2-3-4 days in a row all day god damn lag AND dnt tell me its my pc casue its definatlly not,ask all the other million players with same problem...

FIX IT what the hell,u cant fix anything latelly like the santa event for ex, its been said it would be taken out yet we see the old **** scream his lungs out every day...

so PLS in the nicest posibble way FIX SOME GOD DAMN BUGs, work a lil would'ya...

Happy new year!!!
Post edited by Ajaany - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Isn't this like the upteenth thread about it? post in existing threads to get attention, not flood frontpage with same threads over and over.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    >You better read this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Besides, it probably isn't PWE's fault anyway. There's a whole lot of internet (and a whole lot of potential causes of lag) between your computer and the game servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Ajaany - Raging Tide
    edited January 2014
    Options
    if theres 10k posts about it then they should fix it dnt they,so yes ill psot 10k more if thats what i gotta do to be able to play,aslo yes QQ i had to close redtube 2,still no work tho.

fix=no posts

no fix = more useless posts
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    if theres 10k posts about it then they should fix it dnt they,so yes ill psot 10k more if thats what i gotta do to be able to play,aslo yes QQ i had to close redtube 2,still no work tho.

"And then a sunspot occurred causing all major hub to have various issues while players were sent hopping along far more than they normally would. On the forums, a sole person demanded PWI fix the sun or they would continue to spam topics"

Seriously though, read the post above yours. The link is highly informative and very relevant.

Oh and PWI doesn't fix bugs with anything that isn't PWI exclusive. That's what the devs in China do.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    fix=players complain about something else

no fix = more clutter for the mods to clean up

FTFY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Im going to demand you lower my tax bill, and will keep posting in your threads until you do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

fix=no posts

no fix = more useless posts

You should read the links people have posted before commenting further. PWE certainly can't fix a problem that's not in their power.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Ajaany - Raging Tide
    edited January 2014
    Options
    kk i got i got

and i have read the previous threads,that dsnt mean they cant try to fix smething.
    and after 4 days off constant lag in lag out its kinda pissing off when u cant do anything in pwi,i even bet a snowman could kill me...anyway srry if i overreacted but its tiresome and simply annoying to get more and more bugs w/o anything good...
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    kk i got i got

and i have read the previous threads,that dsnt mean they cant try to fix smething.

They fixed my sore foot by enticing me to stay off it and sit in front of my computer throughout the entire Christmas break. Thanks for your attention to my health PWI.

Could you do something to fix my wife? She's been kinda cranky lately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I agree with this thread on the servers being lagy. Everyone has the right to post as long as it is appropriate. I am confused why veteran forum posters bash those that make a new thread on an issue or topic, this only make less people want to post in forums at all.

Sure he may have read other people posting the same topic..but the problem still persist so he posted his own thread, what is wrong with that??! it is a public forum for PWI players....
    If you want to be angry at someone be angry at pwi, not the players posting new thread topics...
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    They could vent just as easily on the existing thread(s) and not clutter up the forum with multiple threads that add nothing new, and adding work for the volunteer mods that have to clean up after them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014
    Options
    SO . . . would you pls fix the god damn lag?

1-2 times per day is meh rage a bit then forgive but when its 2-3-4 days in a row all day god damn lag AND dnt tell me its my pc casue its definatlly not,ask all the other million players with same problem...

FIX IT what the hell,u cant fix anything latelly like the santa event for ex, its been said it would be taken out yet we see the old **** scream his lungs out every day...

so PLS in the nicest posibble way FIX SOME GOD DAMN BUGs, work a lil would'ya...

Happy new year!!!
    In case you missed this thread...

I'll also leave you with this....
    People hate me for posting this over and over, but damnit, there's just nothing better to say until you bother to provide more information. And seriously, there's a much better chance that the issue is either on your end, or somewhere between you and the servers. Unfortunately, that can't be determined until you give us something to work with.

Common reasons that you can't connect to the servers, experience disconnects, or just have lag in general...

1. You don't have the three .exe files for the client set to run as administrator.
    2. You don't have the game directory set as an exception in your antivirus/security software. (Especially with Norton360 or MSE)
    3. Your network adapter driver is out of date and needs to be refreshed.
    4. Your local area network settings are improperly configured.
    5. You have more than one firewall and don't realize it. (Common with some modems.)
    6. Your firewall settings are too strict. (Very common withNorton360, ZoneAlarm, and Commodo firewall.)
    7. Your router is configured improperly. (Or it's just a cheap router that can't handle the traffic you're putting on it.)
    8. you have a bad network cable.
    9. You're using a wireless network connection. (Which leads to another huge list of possible issues.)
    10. You have a lot of traffic on your local network that is bogging your router/modem down.
    11. There's a fault in your router.
    12. There's a fault in your modem.
    13, You have a bad phone cord plugged into your modem.
    14. There's an issue with your house wiring.
    15. There's an issue with your outside wiring.
    16. A squirrel chewed on your phone/cable line at the pole and it's raining. (I have personally had this happen.)
    17. A switch/router at the CO for your ISP is having an issue.
    18. One of the many hubs between you and PWI is having an issue. (Most common)
    19. There is heavy sunspot activity. (Has happened within the past two years)
    20. There's a regional router outage. (This has happened more than a few times. More often occurs with trunk lines crossing large bodies of water)

That's just a few. Sometimes, the easiest fix is something like shutting down your Modem/Router/PC for three minutes and then bringing them back up. Unfortunately, all you've done is complain about having high latency. You haven't done anything that might lead someone who can help you, to be able to help you resolve the issue you're having.
    The more details you give, the better I can narrow it down and tell you what the issue is.

At an absolute minimum I would need a copy of a traceroute to the server, and detailed information about how your local network is configured. In some cases, even a published Speccy log.

You don't have to be a tech wiz to provide any of this information either. You just need to be able to click the links I provided and to read and comprehend/follow instructions. I can understand you're frustrated, but sitting and complaining about a connection, without actually ever attempting to fix it, or provide information for those that can help you fix it, it probably one of the stupidest things you can do. If you feel offended by this statement, then you really need to take a closer look at reality.
    SweetieBot can you report server status?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

SweetieBot can you report server status?
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 480ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 110ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 210ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 210ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 80ms)
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 70ms)
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 140ms)

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 170ms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451