War Avatar Clarification

Options
Aithusa - Dreamweaver
Aithusa - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
Could someone explain how these stats are got?

I was under the impression that each war avatar card goes into its respective TYPE slot. i.e. a soulprime needs to be put in soulprime.

In the below screenshot, I put a soulprime card which gives 53 spirit and 360 mag def into the durability slot and got 462 hp and 980 mag def (the original card's stats were lost but heck the new ones are waaaay better).

9evw.png

Is this a bug in the system or am I missing something with regards to war avatars?

Here is another one of my slots showing varied stats.

qj45.png
Post edited by Aithusa - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    If you put a card in a slot that it doesn't belong to, it will still get the bonus of said slot but it will not get the bonus of the blue stats (in your case the magic defence).

You can use this trick if you're lacking decent cards for certain slots. Currently most of my slots are cards that aren't supposed to be there simply because I'm missing any decent cards for them xD only slots that have the right cards are Destroyer, Battle and Soulprime.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    You don't get blue stats or any stats gained from leveling up when it's in the wrong slot. But you still get the basic white stat bonus so it can be good.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    52 spirit and 360 mag resist is much better than the white stats you're getting...unless you never, ever pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Aithusa - Dreamweaver
    Aithusa - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    No I dont pvp. So spirit is like additional atk lvls/slaying lvls in pvp?