Options
13»

Comments

• Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    An interesting thread lol

Back to my older post on here, my barb is full R9rr+7 Immac Cits. I have the g14 cube neck, an R8r wep with 23 def levels, T3+7 helm and cape, and to finish it all off I have a 71+ genie and I love using solid shield. :)

FYI, if you really wanna be more tanky on your barb get the genie skills: Absolute Domain, Tree of Protection, Solid Shield. And roll STR about 50+ or 60+. Solid shield with about 60 STR I think does a 52% damage reduction? And for about 10 or 12 seconds, too. It's a great mini-invoke and worth using in a pinch. And remember you don't need a super special 71+ or 81+ LP genie that's your do-it-all. You can with much more ease get your hands on maybe two 51+ and learn PvP or PvE skills on them.

I don't have my 100 skills (or finished the culti), I only have Beserker's Wrath and Blood Rush. I lack the gear and skills to purge, and very importantly I'm missing Cornered Beast. But considering these things I do just fine fighting against other R9rr+X. The only true exception is when I fight against somebody who is just full R9rr+10/11/12 and they have VIT stones or JoSD, or even DoT. It's scarey when I do an Arma on a wiz for 2k damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Smiliess - Heavens Tear
    Smiliess - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    funny, u know 99% of NON Heavens tear server reply to this tread?
    HT has the strongest and most players of all servers
    Maybe u only have like 10 OP players, try HT for once.
    i bet most even dont know what u talking about lol
    i rest my case here, u guys are so OP. think i dont do what u all said?
    Pots / genieskills/ etc etc.

im talking getting hit for 15k, as a main tank.
    also said: my lv90 TT90gold tt set seeker lives longer then my r9s3 barb.
    weird huh? plz....if u comment in this forum, read what the thread sayd first.
    anyway.......im going to b:shutup
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

I'm sorry, but then you're doing something terribly wrong with your barb if he gets hit for 15k, taking 3 hits to die, since you have 40k+ hp, on R9.2 fully sharded with sapphires, and your seeker, which probably don't even have 15k hp, and is using tt90 gear, can outlast him.

What your seeker has over your barb, when fully buffed: 30-33 defense lvls - 25 def lvls from R9 bonus = under 10 def lvls from self buffs.

What your barb has over your seeker: a ton of hp, a ton of m.def., a ton of p.def, invoke, solid shield, cornered beast.

If you seriously say that someone hits your barb for more than they hit your seeker, sorry, you're either a troll or they just have insane luck hitting your barb with the higher end of their patakas, while your seeker get hit by their lower end while debuffed by miryad sword or at least sage roar.

Edit: you could always get yourself a R8r weapon with 20+ def lvls to tank more hits.
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'm sorry, but then you're doing something terribly wrong with your barb if he gets hit for 15k, taking 3 hits to die, since you have 40k+ hp, on R9.2 fully sharded with sapphires, and your seeker, which probably don't even have 15k hp, and is using tt90 gear, can outlast him.

What your seeker has over your barb, when fully buffed: 30-33 defense lvls - 25 def lvls from R9 bonus = under 10 def lvls from self buffs.

What your barb has over your seeker: a ton of hp, a ton of m.def., a ton of p.def, invoke, solid shield, cornered beast.

If you seriously say that someone hits your barb for more than they hit your seeker, sorry, you're either a troll or they just have insane luck hitting your barb with the higher end of their patakas, while your seeker get hit by their lower end while debuffed by miryad sword or at least sage roar.

FistT oDeath we will be removing this thread to Server Symposium since he expecting on HT comments.
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    R U a Troll?

If you did what people have mentioned then this thread would not exist. Just because you are using pots/ genieskills etc etc does not mean you are using them correctly.

Seekers and barbs have comparable passive survival from self buffs. However a barbs KIT allows for sooo much more survival. So if you dont know how to use your barbs survival skills properly then yes a seeker maybe a better class for you.

You seriously upset that the thread you posted on an open server forum is commented on by non HT players?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    bangis2010 wrote: »
    FistT oDeath we will be removing this thread to Server Symposium since he expecting on HT comments.

If you're a mod you logged on the wrong account. :O
  • Doom_Panda - Harshlands
    Doom_Panda - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    What debuffs are the sins/BMs using to hit you for 15k+? Seekers and casters hitting for 15k i can understand but 15k from a sin/BM would have to be a zerk crit with TM/EP/Subsea/DG probably.
    Mains:
    Doom_Panda- 102/101/102 R9 3rd cast Demon Barb 40k HP.
    Dawnx - 100/85 Demon Cleric.
    PsychicTuna- 101/100 Sage Psychic.
    DawnMyst- 96 Demon Mystic.

PANDAS FTW. AND I b:heart ARMA! b:avoid
  • Flash_man - Lost City
    Flash_man - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

HT = PvE
    LC = PvP

come to lost city and say that and u must really suck as a 3r9 barb then lol. b:laughb:pleased
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Barbs can still tank damage if built right, and even the budget builds can last a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I lost a couple of brain cells while reading his posts .___.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katinas - Morai
    Katinas - Morai Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Barbs are weak? No way. r8r/g16 +5 gear deals easily with +10g16 archers sins and etc. Only problem is r9.3 +12, but who doesn't have probs with them.
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Isnt the idea of a barb to be main tank in pwi?
    Means u got to survive long..correct? yes.
    How come in Nation wars i get hit (no mather wich class) like 15k a hit sometimes even 30k
    i have full stage 3 set, full mdef gems. 100% sage buffs/skills
    Alsono mather wich class i attack, i cant kill them, because i have to be so close to hit them.

i think nation wars (PK)is more def lvl vs att lvl isnt it?
    If yes...why doesnt barbs get extra 50 def lvl buff. or able to buff ourselfs in any form.
    Barbs weak? yes.

Five words: Full Mage Psychics and Wizards...I've seen T2 psys crit for 16k...And an R9rr wizard zerk 28k

Even on a seeker with 35 def lvls+mdef gems and whatnot, unless you go AA chances are you'll get hit extremely hard no matter what class/gears/def you have

Comes with the territory of mages being able to hit like a train...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    we need more arcane barbs b:victory
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • RichCyphr - Heavens Tear
    RichCyphr - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    My s3 barb (mdef and vit stones, phys neck (+12 from another char) and a def weap) has never died from a single target. If you know your skills, have a good genie, and good communication with your squad to help you, you should be fine for at least 60 seconds solo.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Five words: Full Mage Psychics and Wizards...I've seen T2 psys crit for 16k...And an R9rr wizard zerk 28k

Even on a seeker with 35 def lvls+mdef gems and whatnot, unless you go AA chances are you'll get hit extremely hard no matter what class/gears/def you have

Comes with the territory of mages being able to hit like a train...

What? I can't take you seriously after reading that.

Thing is about the HA tanking hits from Magic in general (archers included ofc), is that we have a large chunk of the same M.def that AA will have, maybe not all of it but a very big chunk of it. On top of that, the HA classes typically have higher health and defense skills in one form or another (e.g. Seeks have def, barbs have invoke and hp, BMs have marrows).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010