Reborn players mixed with normal in an FC squad. A nerf? Clarification?

Asone - Raging Tide
Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
So I was watching world chat, and at some point I see on the screen that a rumor was going around that mixing reborn players with players yet to be reborn is considered nerfing in an FC squad even if the level range is in-bounds.

Now I haven't touched FC since level 101 pre-reborn, and don't plan to for this reincarnation, so I have no idea if this is even true. Just asking for the sake of curiosity. Is anyone able to clarify this? f:confused
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
Post edited by Asone - Raging Tide on

Comments

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I haven't noticed any nerf at all with the mixed squads i've been in, I might be oblivious to it though
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    no i dont think so.

reborn will get high xp ofc beacause they have x4 compare to normal.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sounds like a rumor only.

I'm fairly sure a lot people want reborn players because they can wear their lvl100 gears and make the run go faster.

However, it's also true that reborn people gain EXP much faster (4x or 3.5x depending on reawakening) and have the potential to out-level the original range really fast causing an EXP nerf to the squad.

I think both cases are nitpicking but I don't blame people for either. I make my own squad if I have issues while there are players capable of soloing their own FCCs because of their gear/class.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sounds like a rumor only.

I'm fairly sure a lot people want reborn players because they can wear their lvl100 gears and make the run go faster.

^this.

Even though it's rediculous to see world chats asking for "FC90-98 looking for REBORNS only".

I mean... you don't need anything incredible to do FC... this is what makes the player base so horrid, next thing you know they'll be asking for R9rr +10~12 only for it.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ^this.

Even though it's rediculous to see world chats asking for "FC90-98 looking for REBORNS only".

I mean... you don't need anything incredible to do FC... this is what makes the player base so horrid, next thing you know they'll be asking for R9rr +10~12 only for it.

Why someone reborn wanna squad unless they got crappy gear is beyond me, even a decent normal lvl 90 sin can solo a fc..
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • xsoul87x
    xsoul87x Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I dont think nerf, had a lvl 90 rb do fc for me and got way more xp than lvl 100. Maybe lvl difference but xp was much better.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Reborn only BH 100 coming to your neighborhood soon!
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And that's why my thoughts are the following: It's not just the game that's broken, but the player base that is too...

I've played a lot of different MMOs out there and this is the first one I've saw people being so picky on their squads for anything...
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    since no-one gave a definite answer yet:

No, it doesn't nerf at all.
    People spread that rumour probably to avoid non-reborn people that still have no clue about FC. F.e. that you shouldn't activate heads right as the boss dies instead of after the mobs.
  • Brett - Morai
    Brett - Morai Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    eraldus wrote: »
    And that's why my thoughts are the following: It's not just the game that's broken, but the player base that is too...

I've played a lot of different MMOs out there and this is the first one I've saw people being so picky on their squads for anything...

This. PWI has some really nice people, but also a hell of a lot of selfish people compared to other games. Maybe it's the fact you have to cash shop so heavily to be able to compete, and it gives them a sense of entitlement. Maybe not. Either way, I agree, the player base in this game is pretty much all about themselves
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why someone reborn wanna squad unless they got crappy gear is beyond me, even a decent normal lvl 90 sin can solo a fc..

Being in a squad makes it less boring. If you need more xp, just do it twice.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I still get a laugh at the r999 players who need another person to glitch the second boss for them.
  • eraldus
    edited January 2014
    I still get a laugh at the r999 players who need another person to glitch the second boss for them.

Someone asked for a weapon link the other day on WC in Sanc... And he made the good ol' excuse "because I don't wanna carry nobody on my back"...

Seriously, these people make it look like as if somebody undergeared would just put their toons to follow somebody else in the squad and wouldn't do anything to contribute with the run... I know some undergeared people out there on Sanc that know their sheet better than a great part of the R999ners out there...

Some people in this game aren't worthy of the gear they wear.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    to the OP,guess your gonna be left behind,and to the rest...since I can solo FF since like 7)+ on my sin reincarnate I really don't need no one I only take a friend or two if they need a full run YES a FULL run you get a hell of good exp on FULL run so you all stop being NOOBS and do FULL runs.But as for just reincarnate yeah I rather have a full squad of fast going reincarnate because we are trying to get back to 100+ again and rinse and repeat,we don't need no one that's gonan be hitting mobs at 3k when we can hit them at 10k++++++ lol
  • eraldus
    edited January 2014
    to the OP,guess your gonna be left behind,and to the rest...since I can solo FF since like 7)+ on my sin reincarnate I really don't need no one I only take a friend or two if they need a full run YES a FULL run you get a hell of good exp on FULL run so you all stop being NOOBS and do FULL runs.But as for just reincarnate yeah I rather have a full squad of fast going reincarnate because we are trying to get back to 100+ again and rinse and repeat,we don't need no one that's gonan be hitting mobs at 3k when we can hit them at 10k++++++ lol

Yeah, go ahead and hit 100 back as quickly as you can, then complain that the game is boring, that you don't have anything else to do, etc...

You people make me laugh, like badly... b:pleased
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited January 2014

And this is the reason I rather duo FC (or don't do it at all) with my sin+barb than go there with people like you. b:cute

3k? Who hits mobs for 3k in FC? Bosses maybe, but mobs??? lol. Even my non-rebirth lvl 90 archer can kill them alone.

Not to mention my barb 1 shotted them before rebirthing and my non-rebirth lvl 100 sin kills bosses in seconds... so yeah, FC is oh so hard and needs reborn people.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Forming a full squad of 90-98 reawakened characters is overkill, unless the toons are so undergeared that they need to do this for it to be a fast enough run, in which case even if I was the non-reawakened toon I would say gtfo to these reawakened nabs.

I don't agree with this mentality as it's not fair or nice to non-reawakened people, but I can understand how it has formed.

Reawakening especially is not about slowly questing your way back up to 100 over a period of weeks enjoying the wild terrain the world map has to offer. Let's be realistic here.

<100 you are missing out on the primal dailies that give primordial bloods x2, you are missing out on the Flowsilver Palace instance that gives a free A-C war avatar pack a day.

So if you are competitive in any PvP situation, be it in a TW faction or PK/NW etc. You will be lagging behind in getting your new passive skills, your reawakened skills (through a lack of bloods) your spirit (new pvp multiplier) will be low through a lack of lvling your arcane sky or obtaining war avatar cards.

So there are massive incentives and an urgency in rushing back to 100 twice over to continue farming the new stuff that has come out with this expansion to stay on the competitive side of things. Also to max out historic lvls asap to cash in on all the bonus stat points. The only way to feed exp to historic lvls is at lvl 100.

Make no mistake, this is a primarily endgame expansion, for those already or close to endgame. However as with all such discussions, this is a game, feel free to play it how you have fun.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've met so many awakened noobs in these past days, I'd rather not run FC again. After all, after almost 2 weeks I'm 97, yet I had a lot of fun getting there with no so many FCs. And I could solo it, but where's the fun in that? If I want to solo ****, I'd play an rpg, not an mmorpg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eraldus
    edited January 2014
    I've met so many awakened noobs in these past days, I'd rather not run FC again. After all, after almost 2 weeks I'm 97, yet I had a lot of fun getting there with no so many FCs. And I could solo it, but where's the fun in that? If I want to solo ****, I'd play an rpg, not an mmorpg.

This.

I've made to lvl 97 so far without even touching hypers nor FCC and I'm enjoying it, plus I've made over 40m by just NPCing DQs to NPCs due to the 2x drops and farmed over 1k colored glues, which I still have to sell.

TWs or whatever can wait. This is a MMO game, a game that you're meant to enjoy slowly, to make friends... it's not just like a short ride to the lvl cap and get bored the next day.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I made it back to 100 New Year's Eve, without setting foot in Frost. (I got a few invitations from friends for free heads, which I turned down.) I did do an unsuccessful Beta (first Beta squad I was ever in, we failed at spawn point after second boss, after the cleric got told to move BB forward... would probably have done better if she'd stayed back more, as the cleric getting killed by spawning mobs is what caused problems) and a successful sub-100 Delta (we had to fall back to God's Eye during 9th wave) and quite a few base Training Quests, especially the last day.

I have the item to reawaken the second time, but will wait a few days before using it... I've been helping a faction mate with Map 2 culti (have to do the SoT bosses next.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    I have to admit I rushed my second rebirth for the reasons Darkskies stated but I enjoyed my first one, especially doing the two new quest lines and reading their story.

Unfortunately there is very little incentive to actually stay a low level. I think, at the very least, the Primordial Blood dailies (the raccoons~) should have had a lower level requirement. I wouldn't mind being a low level but I really want to farm blood for the skills as well as get more War Avatar cards :(
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    the Primordial Blood dailies (the raccoons~)

I have already submitted a ticket for being force bewitched into a raccoon on a daily basis b:angry

Pretty soon they will release it as a veno skill b:shocked
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    edited January 2014
    I have to admit I rushed my second rebirth for the reasons Darkskies stated but I enjoyed my first one, especially doing the two new quest lines and reading their story.

Unfortunately there is very little incentive to actually stay a low level. I think, at the very least, the Primordial Blood dailies (the raccoons~) should have had a lower level requirement. I wouldn't mind being a low level but I really want to farm blood for the skills as well as get more War Avatar cards :(

I`m more bummed out you actually have to kill those cute little racoons, they are so darn cute!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014

Pretty soon they will release it as a veno skill b:shocked

Yes please b:dirty

I don't like killing raccoons either though :(
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited January 2014

........I'm not in the least being "left behind" as you have stated........I could solo FC if I wanted to, but FC is BORING. Instead I've been soloing PV, doing all the dailies and the quest chain that is available upon reawakening. I started my reawakening 2 days after Christmas and am now level 90.......so yeah, uh huh, whatever, you pretty much missed the question I was asking.f:horror

On topic: I guess from everyone that was sane enough to read the first post that the answer is that there is no nerf, so I thank you all for the answers.f:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nope, no nerf; experience gain is based on your current level, as would be obvious while you were doing the quests in the FB instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Its a difficulty nerf, not an XP nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Its Silly to see that ppl on DW server still think...that ppl who havent reborn..nerf other person (reborn) exp

i joined reborn squad lvl 98 in FC
    We all were 98 and i was the only one who wasn't reborn there

so..at the B/M/H they kick my cleric out of squad and said- u nerf our exp
    edited January 2014
    Its Silly to see that ppl on DW server still think...that ppl who havent reborn..nerf other person (reborn) exp

Same here a lot of morons on WC, I made fun of them and then got hate pm`s haha, "they nerf my xp QQ" When I 2nd rb in 1-2 days i`ll make an FCC squad only for 2nd rborns, same retardness on a new level!
  • NeonZephyr - Archosaur
    NeonZephyr - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2014

That^ is pretty horrible to hear. Some people are just sad but I'm sure they will learn later in life to not **** the clerics off... b:angry
    it should be because it is.