Graphic Card Problem

jadvr6
jadvr6 Posts: 18 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Support Desk
Having 2 Graphic Cards on my laptop:

1- Intel(R) Graphics 4000
2- NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M

The game client use as default the 1st graphic card and i can not change it in order to use the NVIDIA GT 635M since the game freezes after a period of time.

I tried to disable the Intel graphic card from the device manager and i reinstalled the game while Intel Graphic card was disabled and still facing the problem (Not being able to select NVIDIA as an option to play the game)

Any suggestion on how to fix that problem?

Ty
Post edited by jadvr6 on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2013
    I have seen this happen with Steam games, but never with PWI.

1. Go to the NVIDIA Control Panel by right clicking on your desk top and clicking on "NVIDIA Control Panel".

2. In the default screen that pops up (it should be "manage 3D settings", and the "Program Settings" tab should be automatically selected), under "1. Select a program to customize:" hit the "Add" button.

2. From here, navigate to the folder where your PWE games are located. (The default is now "C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Arc". Previously, it was C:\Perfect World Entertainment or C:\games.)

3. Select the folder for the game you want to use your NVIDIA card for, and find the .exe for that game. Select it and hit open.
    (With Arc, this would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International", without it is "C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International" or "C:\games\Perfect World International".)

4. Then, under "2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:" open the drop-down menu and select "High-performance NVIDIA processor".

5. Finally, hit apply in the far bottom right corner, and you should be good to go!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mikage
    mikage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm having the same problem. I tried doing all of that through the control panel, but whenever I open up the game and click graphics it still says it's using the integrated intel card. Of course, I don't know that I trust what it says...my last computer it always said I had no ram installed.

Is there another way I can tell what graphics card I'm using? I bough a new computer recently and this is the first time I've had any kind of decent graphics card.
  • Trump - Raging Tide
    Trump - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    you could use something like gpuz to see which card is being used while the game is running. i wonder can you disable the intel graphics in bios, or select which is primary?
    more questions asked-more ppl helping to solve-better community-better support...b:bye
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014
    mikage wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem. I tried doing all of that through the control panel, but whenever I open up the game and click graphics it still says it's using the integrated intel card. Of course, I don't know that I trust what it says...my last computer it always said I had no ram installed.

Is there another way I can tell what graphics card I'm using? I bough a new computer recently and this is the first time I've had any kind of decent graphics card.

Beyond what I gave, I don't have any other information on it. I'll need to do more research. Might try updating the main graphic driver and using the "Clean Install" option under advanced settings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ortini
    ortini Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    not sure about a laptop, but on a desktop to turn off integrated devices you must do that in the BIOS. Read the manual
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I came upon this with a laptop yesterday, no setting in Bios to disable,

Right click the programs icon/shortcut and you will find a new "run with" command pointing to both graphics cards and the integrated card set as default, choose the nvidia card to just start that way once,

I think we fixed by going into nvidia 3d programs settings, selected the global settings for all programs and there was an option to set the Nvidia card as default for all programs.
    Sry if I am a bit hazy but fixed 2 others since then so not absolutely sure about the second method lol.

Edit:
    We checked to make sure by starting programs and then switching to desktop, running task manager and process explorer to check the correct graphics drivers loaded/listed.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • TheSacrifice - Raging Tide
    TheSacrifice - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was able to make pwi work on Nvidia Graphics before, but once I Installed The new update, it wont work on Nvidia only the INTEL.
  • sansmercii
    sansmercii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't mean to revive a dead thread but I am not able to make my own posts as my account is relatively new.

I am having the same problem as the person above me where I am unable to select the dedicated graphics at all. I even tried forcing it through nvidia inspector and it would not run with the game. I have no idea what to do to get this to work.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sansmercii wrote: »
    I don't mean to revive a dead thread but I am not able to make my own posts as my account is relatively new.

I am having the same problem as the person above me where I am unable to select the dedicated graphics at all. I even tried forcing it through nvidia inspector and it would not run with the game. I have no idea what to do to get this to work.
    This looks like a NECRO!

sansmercii replied to a message that was 2 months 17 days 7 hours 1 minute old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• deadycrathes
    deadycrathes Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have the same problem... I have a Asus laptop, with Nvidia Geforce GTX 760M, made by ROG, but I can't select the Nvidia graphic card, it remains on the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (32 MB)... Any solutions, please? Mods?... Anyone?