Getting botters stuck is fun

Foxyas - Dreamweaver
Foxyas - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
beware I'm gonna be a bot hunter now and mess with everyone's bots just for fun.

Just follow the shiny trail of coins.....
Post edited by Foxyas - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2013
    Two Vindi people wre botting on cultivation mobs in hell. One was doing the killing, the other was picking up.

So... I led the picker away to another area, and then drug groups of mobs over to the bot doing the killing.

In half an hour I made almost a mil from the drops. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ForceSpark - Dreamweaver
    ForceSpark - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If people set there bot short range this doesnt work, as soon as you try and pull it out of its radius it will go back. The program is designed to always come back to the center of its original set radius. so even the ones who have long ranges will come back to the center. the auto cultibot doesnt work like you think it does
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Two Vindi people wre botting on cultivation mobs in hell. One was doing the killing, the other was picking up.

So... I led the picker away to another area, and then drug groups of mobs over to the bot doing the killing.

going to sabotage your bots now if i ever see them f:cute
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    shall i lend you a helping hand f:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    shall i lend you a helping hand f:cute

Sanctuary is such a friendly server. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Foxyas - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    If people set there bot short range this doesnt work, as soon as you try and pull it out of its radius it will go back. The program is designed to always come back to the center of its original set radius. so even the ones who have long ranges will come back to the center. the auto cultibot doesnt work like you think it does

It surely worked for the barb that I just kept throwing over a cliff and getting stuck. He came back and reset he's bot 4 times or so before he manually took over and got tired of it and left.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Weird, what I observed from my experience is that the bot will never go outside of the set perimeter to pick something (IT will, however, wonder off sometimes way further when it`s in idle state aka no mobs nearby), It din`t even pick up drops which were outside of my zone.
    edited December 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Sanctuary is such a friendly server. b:chuckle

That's part of the reason I don't play anymore.

It's also a reason you'll never see me botting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Some people just set their range too far.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited December 2013

You sir...are a GENIUS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2013

You deserve a big xmas cookie for doing that to vindies but they are kinda better now since all the scum left to Hoorah :3 but still a good deed, should do the same to all big fac people b:laugh
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    The "scums" troll by harassing people who are playing ie: ruining Cube runs (OMG my alts have cogs running and are killed), AOE primal quest mobs, KSing World Bosses etc.

They waste other people's time and make them mad.

You don't troll AFK people by actively playing. A bot gets ruined, the worst that happens is comparable to a bad night with a cat shop. I can set up bot in 10min and go do something else, I come back with whatever I've done IRL in that time...who's the one being trolled here?

L2Troll

edit: Avatar is changing from historic level to rebirth level and back...
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Foxyas - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    The "scums" troll by harassing people who are playing ie: ruining Cube runs (OMG my alts have cogs running and are killed), AOE primal quest mobs, KSing World Bosses etc.

They waste other people's time and make them mad.

You don't troll AFK people by actively playing. A bot gets ruined, the worst that happens is comparable to a bad night with a cat shop. I can set up bot in 10min and go do something else, I come back with whatever I've done IRL in that time...who's the one being trolled here?

L2Troll

edit: Avatar is changing from historic level to rebirth level and back...

That's where your wrong. You can stuck someone's auto bot after they go to sleep, next morning they return and......no coins/items gained. They will be mad. They might think "Oh character ran into different area", they do the same thing again the next day and once more they are stuck/dead. Then they figure out someone's stopping them and they will rage beyond control. So therefore you troll people by making them think "While I sleep I'm going to be making good money".....not.
  • Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    Jojoushi - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You deserve a big xmas cookie for doing that to vindies but they are kinda better now since all the scum left to Hoorah :3 but still a good deed, should do the same to all big fac people b:laugh

had a few experiences with Vindicate and Legendary a few weeks ago while soloing a couple of WBs.

When I was soloing Minion of Death, Vindicate actually left me alone and let me do my thing. Then last week I was doing an OHT WB and Legendary came with a squad as well of about 5, and also left me alone. I was just there for the chrono pages and PMed them and said they can have my drops. My experiences with them so far haven't been negative.

I was expecting someone to try and steal my boss but they actually backed off. Very surprised because I'm not in a big faction or anything.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is always what you make of it...
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Harassing innocent people who've done nothing to you just because of what faction they are in makes YOU the scumbag, not the people from said "scumbag" faction.

I hope all your cookies are poisoned.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That's part of the reason I don't play anymore.

It's also a reason you'll never see me botting.
    clearly you have sanctuary blood in you still f:scared

but yeah i agree, itsa bit shetty to do.
    I wouldnt get mad, but id get disappointed, maybe sad even cause im trying to help get money to gear my friend atm. Especially since work takes up my time, this new feature really helps me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That's where your wrong. You can stuck someone's auto bot after they go to sleep, next morning they return and......no coins/items gained. They will be mad. They might think "Oh character ran into different area", they do the same thing again the next day and once more they are stuck/dead. Then they figure out someone's stopping them and they will rage beyond control. So therefore you troll people by making them think "While I sleep I'm going to be making good money".....not.

It all depends on who's bot it is that you mess up.

Some will let it go/doesn't care if their 'bot' gets screwed up but others will go nuts/medieval on your hiney if they find out who messed up their botting. Like everything in life/game it so depends on the person behind the character.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    if only it was pvp server b:cry
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
    edited December 2013
    clearly you have sanctuary blood in you still f:scared

but yeah i agree, itsa bit shetty to do.
    I wouldnt get mad, but id get disappointed, maybe sad even cause im trying to help get money to gear my friend atm. Especially since work takes up my time, this new feature really helps me.
    If they were doing something other than cultivation quest mobs, I probably would have left them alone.

As it was, they were making it hard for me to do a quest, so I made it hard for them to do what they wanted, and gained some nice coin as a result.

Give and take.

You want to set up a bot like that, great. Just don't do it on something that's a fairly important quest mob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If someone is using auto-cultivation on non quest mobs, I would leave them alone as they aren't harming anyone. To mess with their "bot" which is now legal if not a third party program, especially if they aren't killing anything anyone needs to complete a quest, I would guess is like player harassment.

Now if they are being morons and botting quest mobs, then I say by all means, ruin their bot experience. I would consider them harassing players trying to complete a quest. Maybe they will move on to non quest mobs when they find their bot stuck, dead, or teleported to safety.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm with Sylen on this, if I find you botting on daily/culti mobs, I will **** you off. It's just being a **** to other players by making it extra hard for them. Same reason my faction made a rule about it o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I wont directly interfere with someones gameplay(bot is part of that now) but that does not mean i wont put my toon right beside theirs b:cute
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • FlyRanger - Dreamweaver
    FlyRanger - Dreamweaver Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I PKed a psychic who was auto cultivating some quests mobs today...minutes later he flooded me with blue spam and foul language..

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I upload a vid of a rank 9 3rd cast seeker fight, 90 views.
    I upload a vid of me in my boxers, 750 views.
    I know what the PWI community wants.

b:laugh
    edited December 2013
    I PKed a psychic who was auto cultivating some quests mobs today...minutes later he flooded me with blue spam and foul language..

b:thanks
    I never have understood this.

You know the risks. You know what can happen. You should expect it.

If you're too stupid to understand that, you're too stupid to play.
    People who QQ for being PK'ed like that are just morons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited December 2013
    Kitty disliked some ppl that were botting culti mobs in Hell. That's why Kitty decided to kill them. Kitty pulled Styg the Malefic(demon cultiboss nearby) to them and had them hit the boss until they got aggro and died.

Why enter PK-mode when Kitty can kill without doing a single hit on target? f:cute

Though Kitty doesn't kill anyone anymore as Kitty quit, just stalking forums at times when bored.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    A lot of bot spots are quest mobs. You can assert that any number of mobs in Sage/Demon world are contract mobs but there are lots of people botting those. Same with Morai, how about the many mobs you can choose from in the daily?

I don't think many people who have been past lv 100 for 4+ years remember what the culti mobs in Sage/Demon worlds even are.

Personally I still think trolling AFK people by doing something behind their back in-game is stupid, but hey whatever you want to do with your game time. Putting a self-righteous spin on your trolling is kind of pointless, where do you draw the line?
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Half the time if bots just put their patrol range at a more acceptable setting (aka not max, closer to 50-100 is totally reasonable for most places), there'd be a lot less grief. And yeah, I don't think most people remember heaven/hell quest mobs most of the time, and it's not out of malice that they're botting there. Botting in Morai on BQ or frequently needed mobs I think is much more rude since they're needed on a more regular basis. If I was a dev I'd probably change the code of Morai to be treated more like a dungeon, since you can't bot in dungeons, if it became an extreme problem, since it could be considered against the ToS to inhibit another person's ability to complete quests (I know at least it is in terms of PKing others this applies, but you could see how this could apply to PvE questing if botting on quest mobs became an epidemic).

But it is true, even if you drag a bot out of its range it will return to the general area of its starting point. I've watched my own bot get dragged out because it felt like picking up another bot's pot it left on the ground, and it went right back to its own area. If you pick a good range, you can have 3+ bots in a similar area and they'll only meet each other occasionally on overlap or due to drop drag.

People are getting seriously psychotic about this bot thing >.> it's quite frightening. Think about it, these are afk people, afk people don't care what you do to them, even if you get them killed (most can prolly get/have a cleric that can rez them anyway). And if you are a person who bots regularly, chill about who/what is in "your" area, try to avoid others by adjusting your range, and learn to share.
  • Xichy - Harshlands
    Xichy - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nice idea, i hope there are gamer outide to report you.

your idea is against the rules!

Terms Of Service:
    10. User Conduct
    (f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;

otherwise, we are playing pwi, you will not be punished ...
  • ForceSpark - Dreamweaver
    ForceSpark - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I check my bot every couple of hours and if it gets stuck i just reset it and go on my way. The amount of time it would take u to try and get it stuck(if you even can) is far more than it takes me to reset it. You wont be able to get me killed so thats pointless and even if u did, guardian scrolls are always in my inv. The only ones who will get or be mad is the ones trying to stop the bots. We wont bat an eye when we are on for 2 mins resetting our bot, while you (b:angry<--you) will spend all of your time trying over and over to stop the bot and QQ'ing all the way home. So rage on because honestly, its just entertaining for the rest of us b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd be amused if someone found a creative way to mess with my bot, on LC all it is is Spoils of War spamming sins desperate to steal drops :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |