Perfect World Damage Calc

2»

Comments

• BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well it works for me online but I've noticed there is no extra damage taken from level difference.
    lv.1 with 0 def Vs lv.150 mob with min-max 1000-1200

Damage taken result:1000-1200
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well it works for me online but I've noticed there is no extra damage taken from level difference.
    lv.1 with 0 def Vs lv.150 mob with min-max 1000-1200

Damage taken result:1000-1200

That's because damage reductions from level difference are a one-way street. It's the same as with pets, they always do full damage regardless of level difference.

A mob with a higher level than you will hit you for full damage, while you hit it for less damage
    A mob with a lower level than you will also hit you for full damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    That's because damage reductions from level difference are a one-way street. It's the same as with pets, they always do full damage regardless of level difference.

A mob with a higher level than you will hit you for full damage, while you hit it for less damage
    A mob with a lower level than you will also hit you for full damage.

Where did you find that? I don't think I've ever heard anything backing up that.

Btw, the spreadsheet doesn't work with OpenOffice, probably due to the brackets you use.

And from what I can see, your Sage/Demon sparks do not add their own special effects, the 25% reduction and 25% attack speed buff anywhere. Similarly, I would think adding Regeneration Aura to the list of buffs might be relevant, since that's often going on in a squad.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
    edited September 2012
    Where did you find that? I don't think I've ever heard anything backing up that.

Look up a pure phys mob at least 40 levels below you on pwdatabase, check its damage range, take off all your armor and let it hit you. The damage should still be within the range seen there, and not cut by 75%.

I can imagine it not being that well known because it's not that relevant to gameplay. Not that much compared to the numerous [?] mobs currently in-game. After all, it's not like you get to kill mobs way below your level that often anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • merchantspwi
    merchantspwi Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Very helpfull in a way, but there are a few things i don't understand 100%, or not working 100% yet and i don't know if you are aware of that yet

Ofcourse 1 already has been mentioned and that is the different melee sparks ( sage/Demon ) with damage reduction and the attack rate buff with demon spark.

The second thing is the ranged/dagger devotion buffs, neither level 10 nor sage/demon have any effect on the actual DPS calculation. Sage should add 90% damage and demon should add 2% crit extra to it.

i really like the sheet so far, i'm at the point where i have to choose between my sage or demon sin to fund all my coin into to make it a farming beast. and if you have any chance on fixing these two things it would make my life hell of alot easier :)
    edited September 2012
    Ofcourse 1 already has been mentioned and that is the different melee sparks ( sage/Demon ) with damage reduction and the attack rate buff with demon spark.

The sage reduction indeed slipped my mind. It would be fairly easy to add, but the attack speed isn't quite that easy since it works in thresholds. I probably won't be adding that anytime soon.
    The second thing is the ranged/dagger devotion buffs, neither level 10 nor sage/demon have any effect on the actualy DPS calculation. Sage should add 90% damage and demon should add 2% extra to it.

After checking it, it seems to work fine for me. Make sure the attack ''type'' is set to ''Daggers or Ranged'', else it will pick the wrong mastery, which is most likely 0.

Also, any mastery except for magic does not add x% to your actual damage, it adds to your weapon damage. Looking at the description of Dagger Devotion it does seem a bit misleading, though.

About the crit from demon, I guess it can be added. I'll also be adding a lot more under the ''misc buffs'' such as crit, damage reduction etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    The sage reduction indeed slipped my mind. It would be fairly easy to add, but the attack speed isn't quite that easy since it works in thresholds. I probably won't be adding that anytime soon.

Attack Speed operates on Attack Interval, which in turn is operated in multiples of 1/20. And since it's only the attack speed we're interested, it's a simple matter of converting the attack speed to the attack interval and then operating with that.

That is:
    1. Ask Attack Speed
    2. 20/AttackSpeed = Some fancyass integer (This is actually taking the attack interval and forcing it to be an integer)
    3. Round 20/AttackSpeed to the nearest integer (This takes care of the rounding that the game does when it displays your attack speed)
    4. Multiply 20/AttackSpeed by the appropriate value (0.75 for Demon Spark)
    5. Round the number you get it 4 to the nearest integer with standard rules (0.5 gets rounded down)
    6. Now you just got to add 20/A as a multiplier to your DPH.

An example:
    3.33 -> 20/3.33 = 6.006006... -> 6.0 -> 6.0*0.75 = 4.5 -> 4.5>4.0 -> 20/4 = 5.0

It's ugly yes, but it works 100%. The reason you need to round twice is because, as already stated, the attack interval functions in multiples of 1/20, with rounding in favor of the player at the end.
    After checking it, it seems to work fine for me. Make sure the attack ''type'' is set to ''Daggers or Ranged'', else it will pick the wrong mastery, which is most likely 0.

Yeah, this confused me too. Any reason why you put it this way? Other than an easy way out on the multiple masteries?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    edited September 2012
    Attack Speed operates on Attack Interval, which in turn is operated in multiples of 1/20. And since it's only the attack speed we're interested, it's a simple matter of converting the attack speed to the attack interval and then operating with that.

That is:
    1. Ask Attack Speed
    2. 20/AttackSpeed = Some fancyass integer (This is actually taking the attack interval and forcing it to be an integer)
    3. Round 20/AttackSpeed to the nearest integer (This takes care of the rounding that the game does when it displays your attack speed)
    4. Multiply 20/AttackSpeed by the appropriate value (0.75 for Demon Spark)
    5. Round the number you get it 4 to the nearest integer with standard rules (0.5 gets rounded down)
    6. Now you just got to add 20/A as a multiplier to your DPH.

An example:
    3.33 -> 20/3.33 = 6.006006... -> 6.0 -> 6.0*0.75 = 4.5 -> 4.5>4.0 -> 20/4 = 5.0

It's ugly yes, but it works 100%. The reason you need to round twice is because, as already stated, the attack interval functions in multiples of 1/20, with rounding in favor of the player at the end.

I'll take a look into that later, then. Thank you.
    Yeah, this confused me too. Any reason why you put it this way? Other than an easy way out on the multiple masteries?

Did that to account for the different multipliers for DEX, MAG and STR to calculate weapon damage with. MAG adds to your multiplier with MAG/100 whereas DEX and STR are divided by 150.

It's also to make sure it doesn't add STR to the attack of casters/archers/sins when it should only add to their defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    I'll take a look into that later, then. Thank you.

No problem. Better to share what you know.
    Did that to account for the different multipliers for DEX, MAG and STR to calculate weapon damage with. MAG adds to your multiplier with MAG/100 whereas DEX and STR are divided by 150.

It's also to make sure it doesn't add STR to the attack of casters/archers/sins when it should only add to their defense.

Ah, makes sense.

You might want to clarify some things, though. For example, I foresee a lot of people activating a mastery and then copying their own damage stats to the input damage cells. This obviously results in faulty damage, but it's also a rather understandable mistake.
    Similarly, you should clarify that the "Debuffs" are debuffs not ON your character, but the enemy.

I was able to produce a rather interesting thing. I got a damage number where the minimum is higher than the maximum. You can see the full detail here. The bug seems to be the Deep Poison debuff, as it is only applied to the minimum damage values.

As for potential additions:
    Attack Level buffs (you know, like Runes)
    Crit% buffs (like the ones in faction base)
    Mind Shatter / Heart Shatter / Soul Shatter as debuffs
    Reflect damage calculations (Bramble, SoV)
    Elemental Damage buffs (Condensed Thorn, DBB, Poison Fang, Blazing Arrow, Frostblade)
    edited September 2012
    You might want to clarify some things, though. For example, I foresee a lot of people activating a mastery and then copying their own damage stats to the input damage cells. This obviously results in faulty damage, but it's also a rather understandable mistake.
    Similarly, you should clarify that the "Debuffs" are debuffs not ON your character, but the enemy.

Yeah, I really don't like how complicated it has become. I'd like to reduce it to the simplicity of my weapon rerolling simulator, since that just makes things easier for everyone.
    Will probably have to move it to Zoho after all, so I can add macros more easily.
    I was able to produce a rather interesting thing. I got a damage number where the minimum is higher than the maximum. You can see the full detail here. The bug seems to be the Deep Poison debuff, as it is only applied to the minimum damage values.

Huh, I've seen that one before. Could swear I fixed it. Gonna have to look into that again, then.
    As for potential additions:
    Attack Level buffs (you know, like Runes)
    Crit% buffs (like the ones in faction base)
    Mind Shatter / Heart Shatter / Soul Shatter as debuffs
    Reflect damage calculations (Bramble, SoV)
    Elemental Damage buffs (Condensed Thorn, DBB, Poison Fang, Blazing Arrow, Frostblade)

Elemental damage is something I really don't have a clue about. Would like to add it, though.

I guess I'll have to put buffs into a separate worksheet because it would get way too big otherwise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Downloading this won't set a virus on my laptop, is it?
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, I really don't like how complicated it has become. I'd like to reduce it to the simplicity of my weapon rerolling simulator, since that just makes things easier for everyone.
    Will probably have to move it to Zoho after all, so I can add macros more easily.

Well, it needs either a bit of explanation or exploration by the user.
    Huh, I've seen that one before. Could swear I fixed it. Gonna have to look into that again, then.

You should. Until then I'll be using minimum damage in both minimum and maximum whenever dealing with Deep Poison. Which, for an Assassin running around with Extreme Poison, is quite often.
    Elemental damage is something I really don't have a clue about. Would like to add it, though.

I'm pretty sure they give additional damage based on the damage of your weapon. I recall Asterelle testing Blazing Arrow with fists and concluding that it works, but doesn't if you're barehanded. Though I am not sure whether he tested it with and without rings. I got both an Assassin and an Archer, so I can go test the elemental damage.
    Downloading this won't set a virus on my laptop, is it?

Show me a virus that:
    a) is on Google Docs
    b) works in an .xlsx, .pdf, .ods, .txt, .html and .csv file

I found a slight cosmetic thing, though. When I defaulted all the values to 0, the Evasion Chance is -100% and Miss Chance just gives a division by zero error. Personally I dislike those, so I put most of my input stuff into a conditional where, if one of the inputs is 0, then the end result is also 0.
    edited November 2012
    UPDATE

-No longer needs to be downloaded.

-No real changes to the actual calculations, only added macros so the sheet would be usable on Zoho (which doesn't support drop down lists for some reason).
    I found a slight cosmetic thing, though. When I defaulted all the values to 0, the Evasion Chance is -100% and Miss Chance just gives a division by zero error. Personally I dislike those, so I put most of my input stuff into a conditional where, if one of the inputs is 0, then the end result is also 0.

As well as fixing this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Will be adding the new buffing items from Supply Tokens soon (Wooden Idol, Tin Flask, etc.).

This is just speculation until someone is actually able to get these items and confirm it, but if these items do as they state in their description (= increase weapon damage along with HP and Defence), it means that your actual damage output gets increased by the same percentage as it increases your weapon damage (the ''weapon damage'' you see in skill descriptions works differently).

This is simply how damage calculation works; if your weapon damage doubles (and every other stat stays the same), your actual damage output also doubles.

This means the following levels get the following benefits:

level 101= +5% damage
    level 102= +10% damage
    level 103= +18% damage
    level 104= +28% damage
    level 105= +40% damage

This of course means that level 105's have a tremendous advantage over any lower level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just a quick reminder, in the original post, the pwcalc link is broken, it shows up as, http://www.pwcalc.com[/url, might want to delete the square bracket onwards.

I was thinking, probably complicated to implement, but could you have a time range on how long it will take to kill bosses/mobs. We know min, max damage. We also know the boss/mob hp. The time might be useful for some.

Another thing was, i just added the min physicalx4 + min magic damagex1 from the boss = 1 Attack cycle usually. 4 normal hits, 5th one being a magic attack, if i recall correctly. TT 3-x bosses are different, but others follow for most part. I did the same with max attack. That gave me an idea of the damage i would be taking. I took the average of that, and i found that is how much BP return i need minimum to keep alive barring all bad things. This also gave me a figure of how much hp i would need to survive the attacks from this boss. I believe this is what people refer to as "effective hp" and survivability index? I am still trying to figure out how those work for myself.

On paper it seems i can tank Emperor in 3-2 just fine, i know reality is different.

Oh and can you download this to the computer? My noob question of the day.
    edited November 2012
    Just a quick reminder, in the original post, the pwcalc link is broken, it shows up as, http://www.pwcalc.com[/url, might want to delete the square bracket onwards.

Fixed that one, thank you.
    I was thinking, probably complicated to implement, but could you have a time range on how long it will take to kill bosses/mobs. We know min, max damage. We also know the boss/mob hp. The time might be useful for some.

Indeed that is difficult, but I think it is worth it.

I started this calculator to demystify all the stats surrounding your actual damage output, because the extra damage from MAG, STR, DEX, refines, shards, etc. is just very abstract until you know the math behind it.

So that was basically my first step, the second would be to make it more usable for simulating in-game situations. Actually implementing that is still quite far off, though. For now I'm still focusing on making the whole thing more user-friendly.
    Another thing was, i just added the min physicalx4 + min magic damagex1 from the boss = 1 Attack cycle usually. 4 normal hits, 5th one being a magic attack, if i recall correctly. TT 3-x bosses are different, but others follow for most part. I did the same with max attack. That gave me an idea of the damage i would be taking. I took the average of that, and i found that is how much BP return i need minimum to keep alive barring all bad things. This also gave me a figure of how much hp i would need to survive the attacks from this boss. I believe this is what people refer to as "effective hp" and survivability index? I am still trying to figure out how those work for myself.

On paper it seems i can tank Emperor in 3-2 just fine, i know reality is different.

Survivability index is just some garbage calculation of all your defensive stats (including evasion) that has no real meaning to it other than being able to say ''mine is higher than yours''. You can see it with the Heart of the Jungle belts or by using an Eye of Observation.

As for effective health, the wiki has a section explaining that.

The calculator isn't quite yet fit for predicting on whether you can tank something or not, really. Just to give an idea of how increasing your defense actually affects damage intake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    moving this to the beginner's section and giving it a sticky. Nice work, would hate for this tool to be lost.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sockar
    sockar Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The excel file is down now... I guess this has been dropped? Anyone got it perhaps? Otherwise it might be closed I bet?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    sockar wrote: »
    The excel file is down now... I guess this has been dropped? Anyone got it perhaps? Otherwise it might be closed I bet?

I do have an earlier version of the calculator saved as a copy on my personal Google Docs. Here's the link to it.
    edited December 2013
    Ohoh, people still care about this.

I guess I moved the file around on my zoho account and it broke the link. Should work again now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just tried this but didn't get accurate result, or maybe I entered wrong values.

I filled my build str dex con int, then in buff field I put 70% for spirit's gift, and 18872 - 22383 for my damage range (unbuffed), I typed cleric for class, 2437 for Enemy stat magic defense, 3380 for added damage, atk level 70.

(The mob I used for testing was Bodybag Scorcher http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/9136 , it has 2437 metal defense, I used Great Cyclone.)

The damage range shown in the calc was 55,332 - 65,626, while it should be 36,383 - 42,311.

How does this calculator calculate my weapon damage for using skill, i've looked in the sheet and can't find the field for 'weapon damage' or 'gear damage' input.
    edited December 2013
    Been a while. I barely remember how the thing even works.
    freygin wrote: »
    I just tried this but didn't get accurate result, or maybe I entered wrong values.

I filled my build str dex con int, then in buff field I put 70% for spirit's gift, and 18872 - 22383 for my damage range (unbuffed), I typed cleric for class, 2437 for Enemy stat magic defense, 3380 for added damage, atk level 70.

(The mob I used for testing was Bodybag Scorcher http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/9136 , it has 2437 metal defense, I used Great Cyclone.)

The damage range shown in the calc was 55,332 - 65,626, while it should be 36,383 - 42,311.

My guess:

-You need to click the ''Magical'' under skills, else it will calculate based on enemy physical defense which you probably left at 1, possibly explaining the higher output.

If this didn't help, post a pwcalc of your character and I'll check for issues.
    freygin wrote: »
    How does this calculator calculate my weapon damage for using skill, i've looked in the sheet and can't find the field for 'weapon damage' or 'gear damage' input.

There isn't one because using your damage range, level and stats you can calculate this without having to look it up. You can see this in the second tab called ''Calcs'' (which is a little messy because you usually don't need to look at it b:chuckle).

This is handier because people would otherwise have to add up their rings, weapon range, shards etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • freygin
    edited December 2013
    Nice, I checked the weapon damage in the second calc sheet and it's accurate, but I wonder why it still gave me wrong damage range to this mob. ( I already set it as magical damage )

Pwcalc is down at the time I post this. Here is the info needed, I only need to check the damage output, so other stuffs like def str mdef def level, etc are not needed.
    - Class : Sage Cleric
    - lv 104
    - int : 543
    - matk 18872 - 22383 (unbuffed)
    - atk level 70
    - Skill used is Great Cyclone with 3380 additional damage.
    - buffed with spirit's gift for more matk (spirit gift is actually 69%, not 70%)

Mob magic defense is 2437 (metal)
    edited December 2013
    Okay well, the issue was simpler than I thought because...
    I guess I moved the file around on my zoho account and it broke the link. Should work again now.

I posted the link to a copy of the sheet that I suppose I was working on at the time. I changed the link to a sheet that has way closer results to what I checked ingame, but it's still off by a little amount. Could this be due to this new ''Spirit'' stat?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • freygin
    edited December 2013
    It's better now, closer to the results I tested in the game. (The on/off button Auto Attack has to be set to ON, or else the result would be too far off)

Here is the result I got from it :
    exceldmgcalcbodyscorcher.jpg~original

I have myself a damage calc and I've been testing it a lot of times, it's a pvp dmg calc but it can be used to do pve as well using *4 multiplier, I believe it's about 99.9% accurate, only 1 point difference sometimes because there are many rounded decimals in calculating the values/equations.

Here is the result I got from using the other calc, just for comparison, all damage values in the game are all between 36383-42311, the last on the list is crit damage. The damage values in the game are also inbetween the result from yours, except 42234.
    bodybagscorcher.jpg~original

oh btw, you could try barehanded to get constant damage, it's easier for testing and will always get fixed value :
    constantdmgbodyscorcher.jpg~original
    edited January 2014
    Hooo boy, this might just get a little complicated.

Again, though, does this new Spirit stat have anything to do with damage output?

I'll post the entire formula in a bit, maybe someone else can iron the bug out of it since I personally don't see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • freygin
    edited January 2014
    My character doesn't have Spirit stat yet, so it must not be because of it.

Btw you should add pvp damage calc too in it, it could be useful to experiment damage between classes and builds.