Worth coming back?

Ambisagrus - Lost City
Ambisagrus - Lost City Posts: 204 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
Just curious if it is worth coming back to PWI or not...

Last time I checked in on the game it was almost dead, and now that I am seeing it looks like there is a little life coming back but at the same time it still looks like the void of space...
Going for on sin: pwcalc.com/d916f4e82a02e4dd

Currently saved: 0

Total cost: 5 bil

My time: Lulz.
Post edited by Ambisagrus - Lost City on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2013
    Personally, no. It's too focused on end-game content now.

You might do some reading on the new content though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No, spend your time elsewhere.

Even though I casually play this game, the game shifted heavily to the rich. Yes you have those exceptions where F2P players are rich, but given the War Avatar System, gameplay has shifted from having the best gear to having the best cards.

Also, PvE is incredibility easy, end-game is pure PvP, which shouldn't be shocking news to anyone since thats been the trend for years now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    MontRei - Dreamweaver Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't think it's worth coming back, but that's my opinion.

The developers apparently gave up on the idea of new players and are now giving new content to the high-level player base. I can only imagine how confusing all of this would be for a new player - or even an old player coming back to game. It's confusing enough for us that are here every day lol, it took us a few days to figure everything out because noone gave us a guide of any kind. If it wasn't for players like Bubbles and Asterelle we would be completely LOST on this expansion.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Last time I checked in on the game it was almost dead, and now that I am seeing it looks like there is a little life coming back but at the same time it still looks like the void of space...

If you can find players who enjoy each others company, and can play well together, PWI is worth coming back to. Otherwise I would say its not. I couldn't imagine being new to PWI at this point when there are better organized and modern-ish games out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    no.

/10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2013
    If you can find players who enjoy each others company, and can play well together, PWI is worth coming back to. Otherwise I would say its not. I couldn't imagine being new to PWI at this point when there are better organized and modern-ish games out there.
    A friend of mine actually decided to start a new Seeker. We'll see how that goes. They started playing NW about the same time, so we'll see which one wins in about a week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Log in to your server of choice and decide for yourself by wandering around awhile. If you do decide to stay, try to avoid getting caught up in reaching the highest echelons of PvP/gear, or you might end up treating the game as a second job in trying to catch up with the bigger fish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Still the same old stuff. PWE still refuses to acknowledge anything.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Annabonana - Morai
    Annabonana - Morai Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pwi wont answer to ANY questions from the community, or relay any information.

so on that part you're screwed.

ingame the average player is rather unintelligent and you won't see many "good" human beings.

tldr; pwi = no communication. and players are stupid.
  • beatthegame
    beatthegame Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd come back! The recent update has been really great, more end game content which everyone sought. If you're starting from scratch and want to catch up quickly, ofcourse it may take some $ but the same came be said for any MMO that's been around a while.

8/10 people who do reply to this are going to say no, most of the people on the forum all the time are the ones who qq and complain about everything. The people who are actually enjoying the game are too busy playing it and enjoying the new content to come qq here.
  • _isucku_ - Lost City
    _isucku_ - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013

no, better make quality life w/ur family & friends.b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Most of the people having fun are those that are NOT wandering around the forums, bored and betching and driving newbies/returners away.
    (well in my case i still do have fun in both game and forum)
    The forums is mostly a fester of grouches, dont let them scare you away.

I found the expansion pretty interesting.
    But i think, looking from your post, the problem for you is choosing which server is most active. From the arcane sky % on the forums, it seems LC and sanctuary are in the lead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2013

This is something you're going to have to see and experience for yourself. Don't take anyone's word from the forums to answer this.
    No, spend your time elsewhere.

Even though I casually play this game, the game shifted heavily to the rich. Yes you have those exceptions where F2P players are rich, but given the War Avatar System, gameplay has shifted from having the best gear to having the best cards.

Also, PvE is incredibility easy, end-game is pure PvP, which shouldn't be shocking news to anyone since thats been the trend for years now.

Speak for yourself. A lot of this I am not seeing on my server. Sure we have those who cash shopped their way to victory but there are far more of us who are getting our gear and what not from the game environment than those who are cash shopping for it.

As for PvP there is not as much as that in the open map as there once was. I think TW and NW are the reason for that. Fewer red names than there was a year or more ago.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Ambisagrus - Lost City
    Ambisagrus - Lost City Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Most of the people having fun are those that are NOT wandering around the forums, bored and betching and driving newbies/returners away.

But i think, looking from your post, the problem for you is choosing which server is most active. From the arcane sky % on the forums, it seems LC and sanctuary are in the lead.

Well the thing about it is I am one of the older players on the server, originally started on Heaven's Tear with the BM LifeHunting, then transfered over to Lost city and started a new BM for better PVP content named _Perses_ and then I have other toons and such

So...coming back in I would just have to read-up on the newest expan after the nation wars since I was screweing around on private servers for that stuff.
    Going for on sin: pwcalc.com/d916f4e82a02e4dd

Currently saved: 0

Total cost: 5 bil

My time: Lulz.
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No.

This game is a sinking ship. With many new games lauching early next year. This game will be dead come the summer.

The folks at PWE know this and thats why we are being treated like we are.

Sad but true. b:sad
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is it worth coming back??? Yes, if you like;

low populated servers
    company sponsored glitchs
    failed events
    no CM
    no communication from PWE
    bugs and errors all over the place (ahem, I meant features)
    massive power creep
    customer support that would make Walmart blush
    and a large part of the community that knows this title is on a vent and waiting for someone to pull the plug.

Now if by chance you like the above things... then yes, by all means come back.

It is your choice. Have fun. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myelene - Lost City
    Myelene - Lost City Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pwi wont answer to ANY questions from the community, or relay any information.

so on that part you're screwed.

ingame the average player is rather unintelligent and you won't see many "good" human beings.

tldr; pwi = no communication. and players are stupid.

we are not stupid we F*****G PSYCHOS b:infuriatedb:irritatedf:fumef:fume
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just came back 3 weeks ago myself, I suggest you stay with whatever game you are playing right now. They really messed up a lot of people a couple months ago, like really bad, and now they opened up a whole new bag of bullcrap for us with this expansion and all of its broken parts. They are not telling us anything at all, they are simply ignoring the problems and us.

If you do not mind being completely ignored and trampled on at the same time then by all means come back to the game, otherwise, just stay where you are.
  • Myelene - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    if you had a high level toon(lvl100) its a good option to come back and see if you like how is it going if you dont have a lvl 100 toon then you must have good friends playing is hard in a game like this one to come alone
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've noticed that I come back to play a bit after every expansion but get bored of the game's repetitive nature by Spring. I do merchant quite a bit when I play, so I'm not really in a "starting from scratch" position. Your situation may be different, however, so do take that into consideration.

It's personally interesting to explore the new content, but just understand that the magical feeling we ALL had in the first year of the game is forever gone. Other gaming companies are much more involved with their titles. This includes console, mobile, and PC titles I've played within the past 6 months. I still play because my gear (r93 +7) isn't outdated yet, so there's still some good fights to be had. I don't intend to compete with the top 10-15% of CSers of the game, so I'm not under pressure to be the "best" on the server.

For another perspective, this glassdoor review is particularly revealing about the company:
    "It's stunning to see such a group of people know so little about the products they themselves are selling. From QA, to CS, to PMs, marketing, etc. - maybe 1 in 10 of them will have actually played the games they work on. And that wouldn't be so bad, but most of them make no effort whatsoever to understand how their games work, what their players experience, or how to improve their games for the betterment of both the players and the company."

With that said, if you can find enjoyment on a personal level despite the poor management, you should try it out. For a wholly enjoyable gaming experience, there are more appealing options available that place a higher value on your patronage b:victory
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ...*radio static*

I still play the game...
    I don't know why...
    ...Help me... Save me... from that craziness...

*static*

It's becoming... more of a mess each week...
    ...patches made me wary of maintenances...

...I just wish... this week will not **** something up again... Losing hope...

* full static*
    *lost communication*
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I've noticed that I come back to play a bit after every expansion but get bored of the game's repetitive nature by Spring. I do merchant quite a bit when I play, so I'm not really in a "starting from scratch" position. Your situation may be different, however, so do take that into consideration.

It's personally interesting to explore the new content, but just understand that the magical feeling we ALL had in the first year of the game is forever gone. Other gaming companies are much more involved with their titles. This includes console, mobile, and PC titles I've played within the past 6 months. I still play because my gear (r93 +7) isn't outdated yet, so there's still some good fights to be had. I don't intend to compete with the top 10-15% of CSers of the game, so I'm not under pressure to be the "best" on the server.

For another perspective, this glassdoor review is particularly revealing about the company:
    "It's stunning to see such a group of people know so little about the products they themselves are selling. From QA, to CS, to PMs, marketing, etc. - maybe 1 in 10 of them will have actually played the games they work on. And that wouldn't be so bad, but most of them make no effort whatsoever to understand how their games work, what their players experience, or how to improve their games for the betterment of both the players and the company."

With that said, if you can find enjoyment on a personal level despite the poor management, you should try it out. For a wholly enjoyable gaming experience, there are more appealing options available that place a higher value on your patronage b:victory

LOL "Bagel day should be everyday"

I F**king knew it, they drip the mayo on the servers and that's our mass DCs. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yes

be sure your ready for the qqer.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well the thing about it is I am one of the older players on the server, originally started on Heaven's Tear with the BM LifeHunting, then transfered over to Lost city and started a new BM for better PVP content named _Perses_ and then I have other toons and such

So...coming back in I would just have to read-up on the newest expan after the nation wars since I was screweing around on private servers for that stuff.
    I think right now, due to the double drop and a few non-broken events, weeklies, and dailies, its a reasonable time to do some catch-up if you are going to play. Lv wise and coin wise. Everyone is on a spurr to lv their rebirth characters, anything that will lv you faster will sell alot or in the case of dailies, be active. Right now you also have the snowmen you can shoot in town so thats a bunch of free chi stones for you whenever your away from the PC with the new auto-culti(bot) system. NW has some bonus buffs u can get inside each instance for those under lv100 that helps them compete with the higher ranks too so much more fun when your rebirthing.
    The main news for me is that the original developers of CN PW have come back into the program so as an older player, you will see 'slight' changes that would otherwise probably have not been if they hadnt come back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Great post as usual.

The game itself stinks now, but the forums are a terrible place to ask for useful advice.

It's a great place to troll though!
  • Vienna - Dreamweaver
    Vienna - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    At the moment im downloading New Horizons, i didn't play PWI for 2 months or so, I play PWI from time to time, due the people i have meet over the years. Personally I would still recommend PWI to new players, even if the game is far, far, less funny as it was few years ago, with each update the game has become worse, but otherwise i had learn English in PWI:d:d, no joke! Ok my english is still not perfect, but this indicates what a great community this game once had b:victory The game still has alot of mature players, which makes this game a lot less kitschy, shallow,...as it is, or better to say, become through the years.
  • Myelene - Lost City
    edited January 2014
    i was wondering why did i come back but i guess is because i remember qhat it used to be i wanted it to be like before but since every new content is broken glitched or not working, the player base is full with psychos and jerks i hope you dont come back to get dissapointed and frustrated if you come back remember we are all psychos and jerks f:sneakyf:laughf:gone