Over Power In PWI

Options
TheConsumer - Raging Tide
TheConsumer - Raging Tide Posts: 60 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
Well guys it just hit me and i know this type of threads are well stacked in this game but here is the thing.

PWI logic:

-Big Fish eat littel fish (R8r cant raise a finger to r9r its a 1 shot lose in most cases and even if your not 1 stun and thats your death)

-Sins, what? r8r vs r9r, r8r gets 1 **** from knife throw WTF seriously can u say overpower?

How can PWI grow if u have people that in events can 1 shot you and your out of the event or even factions that dominate events like a monopoly and no single player can even hope to get a hit.

What do we need?
lower the attack power when fighting players to the point where the deffence of a player can hold at least 3 hits when fighting players from the same lv range at least +1 -1 lv now this will motivate players to lv up otherwise the only motivation is what? seeing SINS? i recomend to at least have this effect in instances there has to be a way to even out the odds hahaha xD

(KNOWS NOTHING WILL EVEN BE TAKEN TO CONSIDERATION)
Post edited by TheConsumer - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    1. Money = winning
    2. Pwi loves money
    3. Pwi doesnt care because people will continue to dump money into the game. They have too much time and money invested NOT to continue putting money into the game.

its a win win situation for PWI. its why the games glitches rarely ever get fixed. Why fix it, if they are still making bank from the players?
    NGTUy53.png

• TheConsumer - Raging Tide
    TheConsumer - Raging Tide Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'll tank you in my r8r. Find me in game and I'll wear it just for you.

I agree though, we need more defensive alternatives. r8r defense level weapon cap needs to be raised from 25 max (I suppose 40 if you somehow manage to hax 5 extra def level stats) since even t3 contains 40 defense levels on weapon base add alone. I see r9rr sins oneshotting essentially everything that isn't r9rr, archers critting everyone down due to insane crit rates, BMs crit zerking things with one AoE, casters AoEing everything in sight for 15k

Something that has minimal offense but high defense would be very nice and bring much more balance. Let's just say something with 30 def levels on the weapon and some kind of defensive proc, like that Shield of Chi proc that Pan Gus Giant Axe gives. Doesn't stack with spark or windshield which on some genies can reach 30% damage reduct vs procs 20%. Wouldn't even be OP defense. Arguably barbs, but let's be honest, barbs are a bit too easy to kill these days. Purge, HF and 2 or 3 crits, and the barb is down. Let alone, venos can take barbs out of true form against their will while disabling them...

r9rr armor has good defense, but it takes a lot to get, and a ton of commitment to farm like I did. That leaves t3 as the best defensive alternative, and to be honest it's enough, the problem is the attack level to defense level ratio. People run around with around with around 90 attack levels in t3, well over 100 in r9, but have, if using an O'Malley, around 40 defense levels. Our modern attack levels eclipse our modern defense levels. PWCNs answer to this was to make Spirit Levels, but those act as both attack, and defense levels. That has it's obvious reasons for not working.

Base defense values cap at 95% now, which can be possible with max buffs and high refines and good leveled Nuema and War avatar cards. After you reach that (Which I know is hard and impractical for the most part) you need to achieve defense levels, which is where you get stuck. With r9 now being able to creep around 200 I think (not sure on this one) that's 4 times a t3 players defense.

But I've been saying this since NW even happened, so I digress.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Add to this, I noticed last NW people that rebirthed were able to use their rrr9 gear but because their new character was under level 100 they were also able to get the free buff from the overseer. That struck me as being very wrong. The purpose of that buff was to give lower levels more of a chance to survive, not to make an rrr9 even more powerful and harder to kill. In my opinion if you can wear 100+ gear you should not be able to obtain that buff.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Pay to win, f2p = you will have a bad time, nothing unusual, this is why I don`t even participate in pvp events such as NW, 1) I find it totally boring and 2) it`s a 1 shot fest unless you are fully decked out, call it the food chain of a video game, there will always be someone stronger than you, nonetheless, you can still hunt on small pray, credit card = no skill required, put the keyboard in a cage with a few mice, and you will still kill smth. That`s how **** it is when power creep happens, the War Avatars are also stupidly overpowered even the B category ones.