Santa Quest Server Fail

Options
Asterelle - Sanctuary
Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
The Santa quest has been getting later and later on Sanctuary. Today it's about half an hour late.

The thing is to participate there is a fixed 15 minute window during which you can exchange a ticket for a tool you need during the event. This window does not change and the NPC you need during this window spawns with Santa.

That means it is impossible for anyone to participate in the event if it is more than 15 minutes late. Total fail.

How hard can it be to have events start on TIME? When I set an alarm on my cellphone it is never 20-30 mins late. I don't understand the concept of a computer being 30 minutes late. Are the hamsters you have powering the servers getting tired?
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
Post edited by Asterelle - Sanctuary on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Are the hamsters you have powering the servers getting tired?

The hamsters were replaced with rocks to save money on hamster food.

Unfortunately, the rocks appear to be on strike.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • LolaElv - Heavens Tear
    LolaElv - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    b:shocked
    Poisonous Crew f:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I waited for 20 minutes on Heaven's Tear server for the two NPCs (Toto and Santa) to spawn. We initially got the red spam system message at 14:00 server-time, but that's it. This event seems to be completely broken now on our server. This was the event time item that was supposed to work:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/38866

Since PWE refuses to give in-game or forums support, I guess this will stay bugged until a server-restart (which will cause it to bug out progressively over the following week), or send a ticket. Sending a ticket could take weeks for a response and would probably be something generic and/or automated. Since this event only lasts for another week and half, a ticket would be null and void long after the event has already finished.

So in the end, PWE has failed pretty bad once more. This event was supposed to have been fixed in the last server maintenance from the previous week - and while it did work for the following few days, it broke pretty quickly.

Mods, any chance you guys can contact a staff member of PWE for some sort of retort to this issue plaguing all servers?
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    In LC we haven't had this quest start for almost all week. This week it has only worked once
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    After the surprise maintenance for this very issue the event worked once or twice on raging tide server.

Santa, we weren't THAT naughty! b:sad
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Btw, what's the reward for getting gold reward? I had heard it's 20 primal worlds b:shutup
  • Horosho - Lost City
    Horosho - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Can't even let an event work. Good job. b:victory
  • FieryBlade - Harshlands
    FieryBlade - Harshlands Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    i think its just a west coast bug because it works fine on Harshlands
    [SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

Sig made by me f:sneakyf:despise

I don't have a bad attitude, I just have a personality you don't like
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The 18:00 event never showed up on Heaven's Tear tonight either. That would be this one (Dusk).

Still no comment on this from any PWE staff. I guess they are on permanent vacation since the expansion and "emergency maintenance".
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • alarradawn
    alarradawn Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Out of 8 times I've attempted to do this quest it's actually worked once. On the bright side, I think I have a job reference to give a programmer I know. Something tells me there will be a "NOW HIRING" ad going up after this epic fail of a season. Lol
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    2013 Christmas event season and here we go again...

For those of you who are new to PWI, the only Christmas events that have ever slightly worked as created was back in 2008.

I don't know if it because they just don't care, if the little Chinese Christmas Dev Elves don't take into account the differences in our server's coding or, they just don't care.

I hate to be the Grinch but our PWE team can't/won't do anything but let the failed events run their failed course. We might get a "so sorry" but don't bet the farm on that.

So enjoy your holiday, kill snowmen, do a few TWs while drunk, naked and singing Jingle Bells in your best Disney toon impression. To expect a Christmas event to work like it should is like waking up Christmas morn, hoping to find a new toy under the tree and only getting underwear.

Merry Christmas God Jul b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Don't worry guys! They will have an emergency maintenance in the middle of tonight's TWs to fix it!
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Hmm... from the lack of the temp CM's or admin's comments... might be they are on Christmas vacation.

I know!!! How about a redemption code that gives everyone;
    3 +10 orbs
    50 event gold
    plat mp and hp charms
    pots
    flyers

just a thought... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    On Morai server the quest + npc spawns have been out of sync by 2hrs from the start and varying. Not once were they together. Don't even know how to use a penguin launcher but the name alone makes me want to fire one off :(

Hmm... from the lack of the temp CM's or admin's comments... might be they are on Christmas vacation.

I know!!! How about a redemption code that gives everyone;
    3 +10 orbs
    50 event gold
    plat mp and hp charms
    pots
    flyers

just a thought... b:chuckle

Nah they'll give another 5 hyperstones-code for everyone again, cause yknow thats a worthy compensation for 2 weeks no bh's/event f:despise
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    astypoo loves pwi so much he knows whats late for how many minutes :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan