So... why are you still here?

Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
First and foremost, this isn't a simple ''omg this game suxorz & your taste is ****, aight peace'' thread. I want to play a small game, the results of which (I think) are interesting to everyone in here.

Now with that out of the way, some of you may remember me. Most of you probably don't. I don't care, it doesn't matter anyway.
I quit about a year ago. Game lost my interest. Not much to do. Community isn't all that great. The usual.
A new expansion came out a while ago and I figured I'd check it out. Its contents seem like the typical ''we've got nothing better to come up with'' to me, but judging by what I see in-game, there are quite a few people that like it anyway, and that's where my point lies.

During most of the years that I played this game, the community was divided pretty heavily. One side was absolutely infatuated with the game, one side was ''meh, whatever'' and one side was ''holy sh*t this game is bad and let me tell you why''.

After reading and looking around a bit, it seems to me like this is still going on, with only the negative side being less extreme. They don't really like the game all that much, they bash it a bit every now and then, yet they keep playing despite this.

This is just based on simple observations, however. As I can not read minds, this made me curious.
Is the community still divided? What is the general opinion of the game really?

Let's find out.

The Game

1. Name one or more reasons why this game is great.
2. Name one or more reasons why this game is not so great (or downright sucks).

Just think of anything that matters to you. The community, the management, the game's setting, the fashion, the cash shop, because you have a great faction, because you're rich, nostalgia...

3. Which side wins out in your opinion?
4. I'm assuming the majority of people reading this still play the game and you're certainly reading the forums. If the negative side won for you, why are you still here?

You can also just cast a vote, but it would be more interesting if we actually know why you feel about PWI the way you do. Perhaps then we will have a more balanced view of this game's community.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2013
    I'll start it off:

1. The overall design of the game is pretty nice and as an older player you easily feel at home. It's not very complicated (save for new mechanics that come along with expansions, like meridians and war avatars). Flying. Nostalgia.

2. Greed and individual success plagues the community. The combat is rather stale and unresponsive compared to other games. The game's engine is antique and runs like ****. Pay 2 win to a degree where you could pretty much call it pay 2 play. The game's future isn't too bright.

The negative side.

4. The forums are still fun to read every now and then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    1. Game still has enough content for me to spend a few weeks in each time I return to pwi.

2. Pwe and wanmei. Pwe can't do anything while wanmei won't do anything.

3. Positive side, actually.

I stay to keep up with the community and to enjoy what I can.
    I've tried other mmos, but I no longer have the time to start new mmos. So I stick with pwi.
    It's old, antiquated, yet it's familiar for me to get back into and for me to fix things on my own when needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'll join in the discussion.

1. I love the aesthetics of the game and the general design. I like the bright colours and your ability to customize your characters so much that you really feel they belong to you. I'm not a big fan of the more earthly/dark tones other MMOs tend to have that try too hard to be realistic.

I also like the fact that it's based on Chinese (and general Asian) mythology, architecture, designs, atmosphere, themes (like what Venomancers are designed after) etc. I'm a huge fan of Asian stuff like that and the generic fantasy MMO settings really do not attract me.

Even though others will argue the mechanics are outdated, old, easy etc. I don't mind because while I enjoy some intense gameplay at times, I mostly play to relax and enjoy myself when logging on this game. The story of the world and various guests are interesting if you bother to read them.

2. The game turns more and more into pay-to-win with every update. I know as a a company, they need to make money and I don't really know if a "free-to-play" game can last for years successfully before becoming pay-to-win so it's something I have just accepted. I may rant at times (either publicly or not) but it is what it is.
    Also, the community used to be much, much better.

3. I can't exactly say the positive side wins because what has actually kept me playing were my friends and my great faction. Despite various prolonged breaks from playing, we keep in touch inside and outside the game and..they are just great people. Also, having a gaming partner helps a lot in enjoying the game. I've had various gaming partners throughout the time I've spent in the game. Right now, I'm quite enjoying playing with my current game husband (close to playing a year together!).

By the way, I remember you. I was quite surprised seeing you posting again.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    >Name one or more reasons why this game is great.

-Easy to get into (not hard to learn the 10 classes abilities, to level, or how to manage the instances)

-Fairly diverse classes and skills

-Mildly fascinating Lore for those willing to actually sit and read

-More than one way to acquire gear and progress

-Forum community can be interesting at times

>Name one or more reasons why this game is not so great (or downright sucks).

-Lack of communication/support from the higher ups

-Updates tend to break more things than they fix

-Pay2Win is the easiest means of progressing while farmers keep getting shafted

-Repetitive content

-Game community can be ignorant/lazy at times (seriously, many of the things asked there can be found here, already answered)

Which side wins out in your opinion?

Neutral.

>Why are you still here

I want to see how this world ends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2013
    ~ The game is very innovative.
    ~ It offers a fair amount of customization.
    ~ The storyline is great when it's not being repetitive with lost-love quests.
    ~ The open-world map is large, and varied. It's not focused on just getting into instances.

~ It's been horribly mismanaged by PWE
    ~ The game engine is out-dated and needs to be able to support newer hardware. (don't even have to re-do the static meshes or completely re-design landscapes, just make it support multi-core CPU's and offload the work to the GPU's.)
    ~ Because of the horrible mismanagement and the power creep, the game has become a an instanced game that caters to those that either A spent oodles of cash, or B. spend hours and hours farming. It's no longer an appropriate title for a casual gamer.

Just think of anything that matters to you. The community, the management, the game's setting, the fashion, the cash shop, because you have a great faction, because you're rich, nostalgia...

~ Nostalga, a few friends, and loyalty to my faction mates are pretty much the only reasons I still bother to log in.
    Things that matter to me...
    ~ The community, but it's been in a steady decline for two years, and I've given up hope of it ever getting any better.
    ~ The Support, we used to have pretty decent support. Unfortunately, due to horrid mismanagement, the support team is horribly understaffed, un-educated, and overloaded.
    ~ The battlefield, It was great when it was all about skills. Now it's all about how much time/money you throw into the game.

4. I'm assuming the majority of people reading this still play the game and you're certainly reading the forums. If the negative side won for you, why are you still here?
    ~ I'm still here because I still have friends that play and require assistance. They can't get the assistance they need because the in-game community is almost completely self-driven and won't help others unless they benefit from it.
    ~ I still troll the forums because with my advanced knowledge of the client, the inner workings of the server, and my love of helping people, I can still make a difference and fill in where the support staff falls short in some cases. Unfortunately, that becomes more and more frustrating for me because the people that require help, are either too ignorant to post anything helpful, or are just hell-bent on QQing instead of getting their problem solved.

Overall though, with the lack on interest in spending hours farming, or sending more cash on the game, I am quickly loosing all interest in PWE's version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ~ The game mechanic and how damage is calculated is fascinating and has a lot of variables, despite some of them being broken ( it's not easy to satisfy everyone, though )
    ~ Even an endgame character can die, so you have to make friends or allies and behave.
    ~ Customization.
    ~ The world map is a one huge map and doesn't need loading unless you're going to instances.
    ~ You can fly, you can jump, you can double jump, you can walk, you can run, you can ride pet, you can sprint.

~ You have to invest a lot of money or time to win, I guess every mmo is like that, but once you spent a lot of them, by the time you want to quit you're already in too deep by either spending too much money or too much time that you feel it would be a waste to quit.
    ~ Repetitive content, too much dailies that sometimes it feels more like a chore than fun.
    ~ Game Engine is ancient, if it has crappy fps when in overcrowded area, no matter how new or powerful your gaming pc is, it'll still crappy.
    ~ Existing contents change with every new update, things that're usually there might not be there anymore in later update, or might be changed as the dev feels like it.
    ~ In a pvp server, even though there are a lot of factions, they tend to be divided in 2 sides by following the war of two biggest factions in the game, or neutral. If one side is too dominant the game will be quite dull, the pvp is dead because the not so dominant side will always be outnumbered in random wars and it can happen in months, or even years. They camp in questing area and events area (for those who played MY server back in the day would understand the situation). It lacks pvp content where the war is between people with equal gears and numbers so people have to be creative and make one with their own rules.

~ It's an apple and an orange in the same size and weight.

4. Why are you still here?
    ~ to be honest I'm playing actively in other region, I have a toon in here, but due to high ping like 500-800ms lag I stopped playing.
    ~ still playing the game because this game is still supported by the dev and will still have new updates, also for the reasons above.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    -The customization it offers. Never seen another game with this level of it.
    -Like Desdi, I don't like dark games and prefer brighter ones like PWI.
    -I am also a person that doesn't like games that are designed to be too realistic, nor do I like them to be too cute in graphics. PWI fits the category of in-between which suits me.
    -The option that the game lets you wear and dye fashion how you like it.
    -The ability to either walk, ride, or fly where you like, the extended amount of movement.

-Lack of communication with management.
    -Lack of players that can actually play.
    -Bugs and glitches don't get fixed. If they do, half the time it's by accident.
    -Game has become one big Cash Shop hog.
    -Economy is poorly managed by most of the players.
    -Lack of good hard challenges that make a game interesting.
    -The game is too focused on farming gear.

-I'm sorry but for now the negative side wins out over positive.f:angry

-In all honesty, I'm waiting for a new game currently in development to come out next year. Then I will be saying goodbye to PWI. Most of the friends I have don't play anymore.f:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    4. I'm assuming the majority of people reading this still play the game and you're certainly reading the forums. If the negative
    side won for you, why are you still here?
    1. Well, everything in the cash shop can be bought with in-game gold. Also, the character customization is pretty incredible.
    2. All forms of PvP are dominated by cash shoppers because the amount of time that goes into getting the top gear otherwise is kinda ridiculous. Also, the power creep is kinda sad. And the selling top gear for cash thing.
    3. Well, the one thing I liked about PWI was merchanting. And that hasn't changed at all, so it's still good. PWI is an ok game, but it's not great by any means. However, if I was into PvP, I would have stopped playing somewhere around the first rep sale.
    4. I am still here because of the merchanting aspect. I spent a long time climbing from nothing to wealth as an f2p merchant, I'm not about to just drop that.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Because I like playing the game, that's why.

There are 2 main problems with this game:
    -PWE's **** management
    -The majority of the player base
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Where's the option for this game is decent and I still kinda like it? It's not great but I like more than I dislike still.

Anywho on to the questions!

This is one game in which the level of customization is incredible. You really feel like you can own your characters so to speak, and with the wealth of customization options available you can even tell who people are just by their face. Other games force you into a certain aesthetic that is often dull and drab in an attempt to make it seem more "realistic" and that's boring too me. This game doesn't cross the line into too cartoon-y though like some of the games out there either. It's a nice vivid middle ground.

People rag on this community but I still like it more than other games I have played. You can really feel connected to it and you get more of a sense of it. In other games I played almost no one talked to you. It was also robotic and automated and the people were hard to befriend. This community may not be as self sufficient and a bit more self involved than in the past (for example, all the whining about lacks of guides instead of actually taking the time to write one and figure it out yourself. Props to the people who still have the patience for this.) but it's still a lot better than other communities I have come across.

I actually can find something I really like with the different expansions. Maybe because i'm more casual so I don't care even one iota about being at the top.

The people who go out of there way to be nasty to others and ruin player attempts at injecting more fun things into the game even. Although I love parts of the community, I also strongly dislike aspects of it too. Particularly the people who make PVP so toxic that it kills all incentive for me to join up. And the rampant glitch and abuse explotation.

PWE's lack of a backbone when it comes to sticking to their guns when it comes to enforcing their TOS for in-game violations. Go look at the BBB complaints to see examples. Or the recent orb things.

The lack of new players and totally ignoring this instead making the game more and more top heavy.

I'm still more positive than negative, although I think this game has squandered a lot of it's potential and longevity. It's also true that is still just plain fun. ^_^ I don't worry too much what others are doing in the game. I don't care if they have better gear than me.

4. I'm assuming the majority of people reading this still play the game and you're certainly reading the forums. If the negative

Haven't found a better bunch of online friends and faction mates. Or a community I'm more glad to be a part of, even if it is on a downslide is still way better than many of the alternatives in f2p games i have played.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    >1. Name one or more reasons why this game is great.
    It is almost same as RPG. And anyone can play at low levels using best for those players gear.
    >2. Name one or more reasons why this game is not so great (or downright sucks).
    To play in high levels you need pay or work.
    >3. Which side wins out in your opinion?
    None of them. I can play RPG outside pwi without payment.
    pwi is just one of the games.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    - Character design is still one of the top five in all the newer mmo's ive experienced.
    - The aesthetics of the game design are not dull like some other F2P mmo's out there. It doesnt look like they put plastic and slapped 2 colors on it.
    - Community. Maybe it is the structure of how TWs are done or how factions are made up, Or even BECAUSE of lack of GM help, but this game offers a level of socialization and community that sticks and stays with you on a different level than other games.
    - Ok well this will come out as a surprise but despite the low number of pple that have to mod/GM/admin this game, their response is fairly good. There are times when some things that affect the community are not carried out, but most of the time i can guess why. It really reminds me of my workplace the state/government system where
    http://www.attorneycop.com/law/images/billflowchart.gif
    Mind you we never know what sort of information china demands it goes through to them first. It could be a very small thing that halts the pwi staff.
    - Friends.

- The GMs or how you say the admins? do tend to have a lack of people power. I guess because its F2P there might be a max amount of hire-able staff since F2P income isnt exactly a steady thing.
    - Butthurts that take it out in a pixel world, like yesterday i just literally watched (and did nothing) Psychopath pk my cleric farming with the new auto-culti system right after xmas. It was such a petty and pathetic move that it made me realize how fortunate i was to have a peace of mind to leave pple alone when i pass them pk mode on seeker.
    - Lack of complete implimentation of some game features. But again i dont think pwi WANTS to keep things incomplete. Rather i look at the staffing in china. China isnt exactly known for its quality assurance and i CAN imagine pwi staff asking for codes and china not making an effort to dig back at it. PWE isnt a small company as it has 2 bases in the US with over 300 employees. All of these pple cant be that incompitant. The only reasonable guess is something is bottlenecking them.

Neutral leaning to positive.
    If only china PW would be more open about the expansions they have, we would be able to incorporate them into our own pwi. We may be separate from PW china but the fact still remains that we rely fully on them for most all game mechanics.

Because i like to watch adults complain and ***** like little kids they are lol. But that i think applies more to the forums than ingame.
    Seriously, a part of why pwi's ingame community is so strong is because there is a huge LACK of reliance on a GM. I think that is why the relationships and community ingame sometimes seem stronger than other games out there because we are forced to make a mini structure in the community system that in a way, resembles a living organism and its cells.

we are the cells making do with what the concious feeds us. Sometimes we have tumors like usasuke but PWE goes to the doctor and gets it removed.
    PWE is the person that feeds itself.
    PW China is the environment that limits what PWE eats and it can range from poor to rich.

edit*
    by community i dont mean economy lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    -The customization it offers. Never seen another game with this level of it.
    -Like Desdi, I don't like dark games and prefer brighter ones like PWI.
    -I am also I person that doesn't like games that are designed to be too realistic, nor do I like them to be too cute in graphics. PWI fits the category of in-between which suits me.
    -The option that the game lets you wear and dye fashion how you like it.
    -The ability to either walk, ride, or fly where you like, the extended amount of movement.

-Lack of communication with management.
    -Lack of players that can actually play.
    -Bugs and glitches don't get fixed. If they do, half the time it's by accident.
    -Game has become one big Cash Shop hog.
    -Economy is poorly managed by most of the players.
    -Lack of good hard challenges that make a game interesting.
    -The game is too focused on farming gear.

-I'm sorry but for now the negative side wins out over positive.f:angry

-In all honesty, I'm waiting for a new game currently in development to come out next year. Then I will be saying goodbye to PWI. Most of the friends I have don't play anymore.f:cry

I think for me, Asone's responses sum up my own, plus I'm typing on a phone and dont want to key almost verbatim the above responses.

I too am waiting on a couple of new games in the MMO pipeline that look like they have promise. If I find one I like, PWI will be a distant memory, and so will the money I have spent and would have continued spending had the game taken a much better direction with a push to bring new players.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the thread, man.
    Please people, if you read this wall, please take your time to read it, don't panic. b:laugh

1) Why do I love this game? It's linked to my reasons for joining:
    -A variety of classes and races. The game setting, the original lore. Pets and all-class pets, mounts (even if I don't use the latter).

- Boutique items being permanent and tradeable (well, of course some are temporary like the smileys and the weapon fashions), it wasn't the case in the previous minor MMO I played and quit a while ago now. I know that the gold rate is insane right now, but well...

- You can double-jump, fly, swim and bungee jump from high cliffs (and this without penalty -unless you land on a mob-; I heard of a game you'd die from falling from big heights or drown, during its early phases. Hilarious). The fox and tiger forms. The fact that most classes have buffs and healing spells (finally a wizard class that is not just a glass cannon!!).

- The degree of customization. In other games (including others from PWE, like Jade Dynasty or Forsaken World which I played), you have limited options. I am also happy that partial .ini edit permission was added to it.

- Mobs aren't fully brainless. They may be predictable after a bit, but they aren't set on one kind of attack (melee/magic/ranged, again, something I had to deal with in the other MMO). I'm a bit tired about magic spammer ones though. *laughs*

- A cooler user interface each time (but a bit messy since it's hard to find functions now), including GPS coordinates, a vast world map with variety of regions.

- A variety of ways to make exp (is it a bit too easy now?) and money. People won't totally ruin the economy either (in my other game, even crappy pieces of equipment were totally overpriced)

2) What I feel ruins the game? (I just hope that the return of Archosaur Studios will solve a bit of that mess)
    - Part of the community. You know, the holier-than-thou ones, the pervert ones (it's not a 18+ adult game with XXX content, damn!), the scammers, spammers, heavy QQers, the lame jester wannabes, etc.

Sheer intolerance towards non R9S3, not +12, not -interval people. Stupid, unnatural builds being preferred.

- The GMs who I feel don't ban miscreants well enough, even if the latter are proven responsible. It's that sort of lack of discipline that gives the evildoers a sense of immunity... and so the griefing resumes. Offensive names of characters and pets and no punishment?

- Lame marketing ways including "back by popular demand", "soon" and I feel the biggest downer of a teaser being the countdown and animation of a chimei with a clock on which time gets reversed. We literally were brainwashed upon packs and now it's a fully integrated part of the game.

- Unheard suggestions. I've read great ones in the forums, but they were about never taken into account. I'll not imply any of the controversial ones, though. Forced decisions again.

- Patches that tend to break features that were unrelated to the problems to fix (AH, Punica fruit, Lycaeum of cultivation, etc.) and "natural" bugs (rubberbanding, lag...).

- The red spam, horns. Why do they keep coming back? And Duke, please keep shutting up. Thanks. b:pleased

- Badly timed/unfitting/backfiring compensations. DQ nerfing (before the DQ rewards system appeared), the orbs fiasco, this year's anniversary rewards, etc.

- Lack of features in our version, like housing. We got bases, so why not individual houses?

3) Final Verdict:
    I still play the game daily, but I can't get over the fact that it could have been so much better if the downsides were to be corrected. I am still here because of my chars, my faction and friends and the positive points stated above.
    Do I believe in a miracle in game though? Nah...

4) What makes me going on still?
    I never wished to cap (I preferred to lead all classes to mid-level), so the high-end rants and QQ tend to make me shrug. That said, I feel kind of sad for those who invested thousands of bucks into the game and don't fully get what they deserved.
    As for the in-game morons, I can get over their stupidity, I have to. Reporting them won't do much though. b:chuckle

If the game ever closes, I will be sad and relieved alike. It will have been a fruitful experience.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I think it was one of the pioneers of f2p mmos and one of the best at the time. (No longer relevant)

It's under PWI management (not pwe) which is the actual cause of most griping and rage quitting. Glitch abusers, and botters put CS'ers to shame. PWI makes it's money on those naive enough to spend money on it (they probably still sell arcane book: pets in the CS even -lol).

Both pwi and the players lost.

I don't still play the game. Haven't played since the day I openly admitted on this forum that I'd afk grinded for years (about a month ago). I'm on the forum: not in the game.

Had no problem with most of the glitches on PWE's side. Their priority should be making the game more fun; not worrying about people who can't spend a few minutes outside of the game figuring out why something isn't working right. Every major problem we faced was PWI's fault: NOT PWE. - Why I will never play a PWI game again.

80% off sales are for dishonest mall kiosks that run them year round; not for companies that don't want to **** off their recent customers.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    @ OP,

My answer is not there. I need a flat-out, "I dont know - it defies all logic." category. b:surrender

Granted, I was a little slow to catch on about the game getting more and more out of my reach gear-wise. But, okies - Brill DID catch on in the end. No#1 logical reason to be gone already.

But, no! With the new expansion, I started a new Mystic. It was new. I desided to view it from a new players perspective. It has its good and bad points, variable toward or against your particular game habits and play style. Up until level 40 (which happens astonishingly faster now) - its a different experience than my Main had overall. Im hoping to keep it going until at least 60, and we will see what happens with that 'ghostly hope'. b:chuckle

The character creation is the best of any game I know of. The community is the same as anywhere - real life in real world, or real life and online. The mechanics are not particularly complex. It is more complicated than most, but it isnt the 'science project' others can be.

It's a good game. It has issues that are insurmountable for many. It is its own connundrum of a question. *partial-ghost shrugs* b:chuckle
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I just plain love playing Fantasy MMORPGs and when played without Hypers or other leveling aids this game has one of the most complicated build paths for a character allowing me to enjoy many hours killing time in a harmless but fun way.
    Open world primary map with non sand boxed flight between most points, so cool.

Besides all the other things already mention by other posters.
    Cheats always prosper in this game.

The Negative, no point in playing a game by the rules when others just ignore them and get away with it.

Hoping a miracle happens and it snows in hell and at the same time PWI makes a commitment to not only enforce the rules but to also remove any advantages gained by illegal means.

Yes I know I am a dreamer, but the world will not change without someone dreaming of a better future.

I dream of returning to a fairer game than I left.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why am I still here? The real question is why are you here caring and still posting on this forum if you quit about a year ago?

You're just another stupid QQer to me, if this game really lost your interest, it will be like you just disappeared. You do not deserve a serious reply.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2013
    Why am I still here? The real question is why are you here caring and still posting on this forum if you quit about a year ago?

You're just another stupid QQer to me, if this game really lost your interest, it will be like you just disappeared. You do not deserve a serious reply.

Hi Yulk.

Nice to see you're still here, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Positive: Venos have floofy tails

Negative: 80% the time I log in wanting to do a bh100 I cannot find a squad, no one is WCing for one and no one replys to my WCs, and my friends are hardly ever on/my faction is on alts.

When you do everything else there is to do, and only need to get your bhs out of the way, and there aren't enough people playing this game to find a couple that also need it at a time other than RIGHT after midnight then GG.

Thats when you stop logging in and play another game.

I actually really enjoyed reincarnating and working my way back to 100. Mostly because I could solo every instance I needed. Now that I'm 100 again and required to get a squad for things again, my interest and time are so far totally wasted.

I can only waste so much of my time looking for a Lunar or my first Flowsilver Palace squad, before I log off come on the forum and add to one of the many QQ threads.

But I still play, because unlike some other games this one isn't spammed 24/7 with RMT and people global chatting the n word and how they wanna bang your mom. Or if it is I already have those people blacklisted.

They are probably the same people that form squads for bhs b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2013
    Hi Yulk.

Nice to see you're still here, too.

It's him?

to Yulk: Damn, bro... try to write something more interesting, you sorely disappoint me here.
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's him?

to Yulk: Damn, bro... try to write something more interesting, you sorely disappoint me here.

To be honest, it is the same nonsense like the other countless threads about quit or ask why you stay playing. I am just telling the OP why even bother with the game again if he quit. I do not bother with the games I quit as you know, I quit and not even think about the game I dislike.

PWE have disappoint a lot of us, I barely play PW anymore either as I am losing interest too, but would I want to make some thread about "I am quitting" or "Why do you want to stay playing this game?" No, I just tell my friends that play this game I am quitting only and just leave like I did with a few MMOs, as far as for one of the games, I just clearly stopped playing that and pretended I never even played that in the first place.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2013
    To be honest, it is the same nonsense like the other countless threads about quit or ask why you stay playing. I am just telling the OP why even bother with the game again if he quit. I do not bother with the games I quit as you know, I quit and not even think about the game I dislike.

PWE have disappoint a lot of us, I barely play PW anymore either as I am losing interest too, but would I want to make some thread about "I am quitting" or "Why do you want to stay playing this game?" No, I just tell my friends that play this game I am quitting only and just leave like I did with a few MMOs, as far as for one of the games, I just clearly stopped playing that and pretended I never even played that in the first place.

What about taking a seat and forgetting for a little while that things are bitter?
    It is sad that as a company they don't pay enough attention to us, but there is no need to let negativity grow on you. It is not what I wished for you to express.

At worst, keep the better moments you had in this game and move on. I have already seen enough of the mind-boggling QQ rants of the ragequitters and overly self-righteous banters from the holier-than-thou fools to see how corrupted the community can be. There is no need for you to prove me how bad you have felt since the anniversary packs arrival as I experienced it firsthand.

Maybe you should drop the pointy weapon of QQ and think of more positive things in life. I'll try to help you on it. :P

Oh wait, maybe you want to retake the crown of best troll of the forums. I won't oppose that. b:shutup
  • poupousse
    poupousse Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hadn't the right option to vote b:surrender

I hope I won't quit.... But :

If PWE managers still scam the more honest players and reward the more cheating players, I'll quit...

I don't quit immediately because I have enough stuff, cash and pots to have fun in nw/tw's, and I wish to spend that for fun.

BUT : I don't pex/farm anymore or a very little, and I don't cs anymore at all !

Maybe, if managers care about doing again this game fair enough, if they care listening to players, if they dare bet on the long term when taking decisions; I'll start again playing, farming and even csing...
    If they keep abusing players, I'll quit after taking minimal share in economy system ( i.e. : not only stoping to cs but also stoping to farm...)
  • Kazeodori - Heavens Tear
    Kazeodori - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There's a lot to do.
    You can make good friends here.
    Character customization!

Pay2Win. It's getting way to ridiculous.
    Idiots who just powerleveled the whole way and then QQ and try to pass blame when THEY screwed up.
    No way for people to just farm now to really make coin to get the better gear. Things don't sell, only the rich get richer. (Merching isn't for every one.)

Neutral at the time, leaning slightly to negative.

Addiction. Plus my computer isn't that great, and I can't run a lot other games on it...
    If you bite some one, they get mad and smack you.
    But if you lick them, you still get the flavor.
    And they think you're weird.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    - Fully open world, only limitation is running into the world edges.
    - Flying mechanic is a lot of fun. I've yet to see that in any other game other then ****.

- End level gear is basically pay-to-win, and you have no chance in PvP without it. Not a problem for me as I don't do, or plan to, PvP at all, but still...
    - All the recent developer decisions seem geared around keeping people logged into the game as long as possible. Not sure why, but it makes me a little suspicious.
    - New events and areas, and the game mechanics aren't explained very well. The game is not very accessible to new players.
    - Rebirth system is creating a deepening rift between newer players, and the higher ups who have everything already.

Positive side. Or I'd no longer be here. I play games because I like to play them... if they stop being fun I stop playing them.

Negative didn't win. I'm here because I enjoy playing this game together with a few close friends. Taking things slow... only recently hit level 81 (not reborn) so some stuff is still new.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Interesting Development of Races and Classes.

Ability to Learn and Maximize all skills through farmable currencies (hate the skill point system)

Variety in enviroments.

Easy to Understand , unlike other games (Jade Dynasty , Forsaken World) the UI isn't cluttered with events and stuff a newbie can't do ... there is a progression of events and stuff

Best Pet using class in every game i have played (Venomancer) ....

Power Leveling ... period

Most Stuff aim for 100+ , a casual game with no interest in locking himself in FF will have a hard time lvling

Class Restrictions ... if you aren't a Healer Seeker BM or Sin , youll have a hard time organising squads ... most organised factions ask for higher lvl players ... hard game for loner players ... friends required

Absence of casual not CS-dependent PVP.

Community is getting smaller and smaller

Can't answer , i return to PWI the quit , then return the quit again .... it's more of a psychological addiction issue I can't explain

4. Why are you still here?

Maybe it is because I joined at September 2008 , this is my first MMO that made me love the genre ... maybe it is because i havent got a single character to 100 so I feel that my work here isnt done ... maybe it is due to the memories I have with my one and original faction where I met some great people with who i still keep connections ......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • XDeliciousx - Morai
    XDeliciousx - Morai Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    1. First and biggest reason I continue play this game are my friends and faction. I love exploring new things and instances with them, do TWs/NWs and chat every day on guild chat or TS. They are like my second family, brothers and sisters who live far enough not to annoy me b:laugh

2. Second reason is that I love helping and share my game knowledge with those who need help. I enjoy making guides, youtube vids etc just to help them understand things in easy way. It makes me happy when ever I help someone b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Deliylah ~ director of Revision (revision.shivtr.com)
    sage R9 cleric, lvl 105-104-103

YouTube: youtube.com/user/DeviIiciousAngel
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    First off, thank you for making this thread. It is different from the others and I find it quite interesting.

- Beautiful, semi-realistic graphics and wide customization options
    - There are ALL kinds of monsters and bosses - funny, pretty, scary, ugly, badass - you get the thing
    - Interesting storyline
    - Some absolutely fantastic players and friends that outweight the bullies and trolls
    - Cool dungeons. Some of them are pretty simple but I still like to do them.
    - Wide range of ingame actions and no need to "learn" them by some sort of special ways like in some MMOs
    - Game is not too cluttered
    - Skils are easy to understand. Classes are somewhat balanced. You can create different kinds of builds
    - It is easy to follow the skills used, buffs, debuffs and damage
    - Slow progressing if you wish so

2. Name one or more reasons why this game is not so great (or downright sucks)
    - Part of the community is quite immature and rude but this happens everywhere
    - The fact that we are under PW-CN's will kills part of the potential this game could have
    - Sometimes CMs/admins hold back information and it is frustrating to figure out all the mistakes they've made by ourselves without getting responce if it was intentional and when it's going to be fixed (even roughly estimated)
    - Some things get repetitive
    - Cash shop containing a lot of important items instead of just cosmetics and other "extra" stuff like in some MMOs
    - People who choose not to learn their classes properly and cause harm to others with their careless gameplay
    - Broken/unfinished content

Positive

I still play and I'm planning on staying here until the bitter end. I want to see it with my own eyes. I also have my faction to take care of.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why I like the game:

Well at first it was something other to play and it was new in 2008 for me,no one was around hardly at the time in a week I almost quit until I started seeing more players all of the sudden.

Custom character design this game has unlike many of the other games I have played that are cookie cutter look alikes.

Game in the 5 years its been around has produced a lot of content,new races,content,maps and such and other cluttered stuff I cant manage to get to.

Game is a lot easier now to actually make a earning and not be cash dependant(to me it has,ill spend giftcards around the end of the year)

Old friends or people I have played with still hang around.

Prob some other stuff.

What I don't like about the game:

Its repeat repeat repeat,new stuff comes then its old in a few weeks and your back to doing the same stuff..mmo life I guess.

Not going to say bugs because that just a nature of games.

They like to take out things that could benefit people such as fairy boxes,rb coin and such for a example,and other ****.

more stuff.

why don't I leave?
    I actually still do have fun,mainly I like to run the bh's and such for the site of the 2mill and 5mill cards,i like to experiment with each class(no venos to gender locked,i hate being a beyotch),helping other people at times play or just to have something to do to waste my time.

I come from a FPS game world and I haven't really got involved in one to hardcore like I used to be in the past 5 years due to old partners leaving the game scene,but also because even FPS games are catoring to the pay to win **** we have here in PW.