Goodbye from Fuzzy

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2013
    It will be sad to see you go. I always appreciated the way you closed threads.

I am finding myself in a similar situation. After years of supporting this game, writing guides, analyzing content, all to help better other players, I've reached a point where the majority of the community just doesn't care. It's not that they don't find the information useful, they just buy their way past it and never learn to play the game. What we're left with is a community of obnoxious better-than-you cash cows. Most of them I would rather light a match to, than save if they were on fire because they are that arrogant.

On top of that, there is the complete lack of support or any type of management. Countless attempts to get a response from them, or to get them to see the impact of their choices have fallen on deaf ears. And now, when I finally decide to bring the brunt of the community behind me, the majority of the community that cared, and felt the way I do is gone. They've all left already.

I then find myself asking, "why the ***k am I still here?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Good Luck Fuzzy, and ty for all the work you have put in for the forum community.

Every parent knows that the kiddies/immature adults moaning about your posts, just feel bad about themselves and hope, that if they can make you feel worse, they will be able to say they are not feeling as bad as you now.

Just ignore the idiots, they hate that more. b:chuckle

I did not always agree with you but in this case I definitely do.
    You will be missed.
    Power to the post. b:bye
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
    edited December 2013
    lunarsaaa wrote: »
    Personally I don't percieve it being presented as such. I am truely amazed that he spoke up and I admire him for having the courage.

PWI either changes or falls. Enforcing changes requires unity. What better banner would there be than Fuzzy speaking up. This just MAY be what we need.

There always will be an opposition to a certain point of view and your comments, Hojuken, are just as necessary to keep the flame burning as those supporting Fuzzy.

Viva la revolution!

I have been considering posting something very similar recently, but don't have the Mod powers to sticky it. =P

He speaks the truth though. I've been here with him and stood up for the community, I've literally poured my life into helping you guys where I can.

But at this point, no one cares, and I'm tired of wasting my breath.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wow....

I agree this is not the way to go for a mod.

I have been forum mod, i have worked for multiple real life companies. I have many friends who talk to me about their work. Guess what ? Always issues and complains. Get used to that.

When you think it is bad enough to leave, you dont do it like this. You dont go use the powers that were given to you to damage the company only to satisfy your frustration.
    If there were some huge importance to your story comming out then yes (think snowden, the ex intelligence employee telling the world whats wrong) But in cases like this, you vent your frustration to your wife and close friends and let PWI destroy itself without your help.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Take Care b:byeb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey Fuzzy,

Thank you for staying with us for so long as a mod.

I guess I would never be able to fill the shoes of a mod, since I had seen the progressive descent into the darkness of this MMO.

I know that this game has its good points, but I keep asking people how stellar this game would have been if it was properly managed if these points and others were taken into account and worked on:
    - community's suggestions being heard
    - tests prior to launch
    - in-game patrols (I don't demand 24/7 though)
    - requests sent to devs for definite interface repairs
    - proper bans...

The return to the original team is a bit late in my opinion, but if they can repair the post-avalanche heap of you-know-what-I-mean that has been accumulated and fell at once, I'll feel surely better.

Thanks for fighting against adversity until you couldn't anymore. I am glad you shared my opinion and the one of many here.
    Some may mock you for these last posts, but I know you are right, so be happy and take the break you deserve.

See you and take care. Happy holidays, man. b:bye
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Most of what Fuzzy is said has been an issue with pwe from the beginning, it's just that now we don't have a cm.
    The other parts are to be expected, people expect you to fix things, undo bans, and take care of their petty little dramas with no respect or gratitude.

I do like how you made a sticky criticizing pwe.
    Let's see how long it'll be before pwe notices it.

I suppose farewell to you, though I hardly knew you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wow....

I agree this is not the way to go for a mod.

I have been forum mod, i have worked for multiple real life companies. I have many friends who talk to me about their work. Guess what ? Always issues and complains. Get used to that.

you use the term work for quite loosely, remember mods are not not payed anything

usually the reason people dont publicly complain about their job is because they theyre being payed, not the same when youre a volunteer that gets no help and no appreciation, hell even sometimes it seems that the GMs are trying to make the mods' jobs harder
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I talked about work as well as my mod experience to state the things both have in common:
    Everyone seems to have complains about their boss, coleagues, company/game/whatever Everywhere.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just saying but sticky or not this thread is bumped again and again while other threads are quite dead so this is really not important...
    And I found quite interesting to get the real opinion of a mod.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I talked about work as well as my mod experience to state the things both have in common:
    Everyone seems to have complains about their boss. Everywhere.

It is just that a job is primarily focused on asking someone to perform tasks and this in exchange of money. Productivity is the key. Too many are fine with treating their employees like **** and pay them the least possible as they won't need to fill their shoes. More profit too. Simple reasoning, right? It's just deadly in the long-term.

But again, some good companies sometimes realize that keeping their team happy will reward them in the long term (understanding genuine suggestions and possibly applying them if they are reasonable enough, understanding the existence of a private life, proper facilities and equipment...)
    I am not talking about stupid symbolic trinkets and whatnot, even scientists now concluded that the permission of a short nap at work will boost performances.
    In turn, employees will respect the demands that are put into them and won't be tempted to "go where the pasture is greener, aka on the other side of the fence" or sabotage work on a regular way, both of which can cost tremendous money.

I'm listened to at work, so I respect and like my boss. There is an exception to all rules. b:laugh

P.S.: As a mod, you will never be truly understood by the ones hired by the company, not only because you work for free, but also because you about never directly interact with them. So suggestions will be moot to them (and **** will continue to stay around and build up).
    Isn't it also sad to be chosen to quell the anger of a discontent community and constantly report that "all is OK"?
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ;~; Goodbye Fuzzy, and goodluck. I assure you, you will be missed f:weep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just saying but sticky or not this thread is bumped again and again while other threads are quite dead so this is really not important...
    And I found quite interesting to get the real opinion of a mod.

Mods are nothing more than players who can move and lock threads, they aren't anything special, their opinion is as much of value as the next person.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hmm, Fuzzy, didn't we talk about this very same thing in-game like a year ago? What took you so long?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Mods are nothing more than players who can move and lock threads, they aren't anything special, their opinion is as much of value as the next person.

I thought they could contact/talk with GM/CM/whoever more easily than us.
    Am I wrong ?
    The I supposed that they might be aware of more internal topics/decisions than us as well
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sadly, I can answers some of your questions Fuzzy. From an old player (since about 2008) I understand your pain and I understand how bad the direction this game has taken. When this game first started, it was very fun, but now, the classes have become unbalanced and it becomes harder and harder every day to play this game without csing. Infact this last update it is impossible to get a single card that is higher than B rank without buying something from the boutique (whether you cash it or use coins). The power creep has grown and PWE is running out of ideas. That is why they implemented this system, because r10 would completely destroy this game. Anyhow thats not the point of this post.

My point is that the reason you are sad and the reason there is absolutely zero communication is because pwi technically doesn't even exist. PWI is a fodder for whatever the china server gets. We have no mods, admins, gms, or anything. No one that can do something on their own. DoD might be able to do something, but it is most likely he just reports to the china staff. If PWI ever wants to change for the better, they need to become more independent of china, hire their own 10 or so coders, get 2 admins, 2 INGAME GMS, and then go from there. Otherwise the system in place that you call the lack of communication will continue because everytime there is a little problem (which is now a list of 100s) it can take over a week just to get the message to China, and by that time it is too late and the damage is done.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
    edited December 2013
    I thought they could contact/talk with GM/CM/whoever more easily than us.
    Am I wrong ?
    The I supposed that they might be aware of more internal topics/decisions than us as well
    Not really. They are more likely to not be ignore when PMing a GM/CM on the forums that the average player, and they may have a way to contact someone if things go terribly south with the servers, but that's about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • Milfhound - Harshlands
    Milfhound - Harshlands Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have always wondered why anyone would want to moderate these forums. This community sucks.

Good luck in your future adventures b:bye
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    TY Fuzzy for posting this

Makes me wonder how long other Mods gonna handle...

Good luck with watch ever you are doing f:defeat Happy Holidays
  • geochris
    geochris Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Fuzzy you will be missed. I want to give you a big thank you for all of your time you put into the forums. You have helped me many times throughout the years either by answering my questions or by answering someone else's question when i had the same one.

As a side note, if my memory serves me correct i think i actually voted for you in the election many years ago.

Again thank you for the years of service you have put into this game.
    edited December 2013
    I have always wondered why anyone would want to moderate these forums. This community sucks.

Good luck in your future adventures b:bye
    The community hasn't always been this bad. It was actually quite nice a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately, most of those people have since left, either for the reasons Fuzzy mentions, or because of the steady decline in the game community.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    >Quitting thread
    >Not OT, but gets 2 stickied posts on GD because its a Moderator

I understand if you want to explain why you are leaving in detail but dont you think that is a bit much? You could have just made a normal thread with the first and second post being comprised of the OP of the two.

That said...its depressing to see another important chess piece among the pawns leave the board, and I do agree with your reasoning. With what's left of the regular forum populace, I can't think of many candidates to take up the mantle of moderator however (but with the diminishing activity on this board, that may not even be necessary)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank you, Fuzzy.

You were a good person, mod, player and barb. RT remembers you.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ignorance truly is Bliss
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    nooo fuzzy b:cry

please dont b:cry

but yea i believe pwi manpower is being focused on other titles, otherwise no explanation to the **** happening here

well the game brings lot of POTENTIAL fun even if the content updates are rare

pwe just needs to move for a little while some of its manpower in order to transform that POTENTIAL fun into real fun

i mean new update is good but, bugs everywhere, main things like skills are not like they are supposed to or main quest line is broken

i mean those are things that have to be checked like in first place... how do they release a patch w\o checking the 2 main things that the new update brung b:shocked

and yea the communication... well at least US has something sometimes

EU doesnt even have a forum b:shocked players had to open EU unofficial forum
    EU server is half broken as we speak, no nws, tw slots are broken, instances are broken, faction bases are broken, santa event did not happen on EU server and my inventory is filled with non npcable items that i cannot trade it anywhere now b:cry
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Manii - Harshlands
    Manii - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This games been like this since the goon glitch. They care less and less because most likely their other games are providing a much better revenue. Check out their stocks.

I mean honestly, they have us an expansion with absolutely NO INSTRUCTIONS, no guidebook, nada lols. If that didn't hit any red flags idk what to tell ya.
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Or...

Maybe this will make PWE come to terms with the fact that the player base is on a steady decline and the forums are stagnant with no permanent CM and lack of any PWE staff what-so-ever...

Optimistic thought but no.
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Go GO, I want to pad mine too before they revoke my mod status..

Fuzzy bro, I think your MOD status is safe until January 6th. It would not surprise me if PWI is shutdown until after the New Year.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Now topics I would like to continue won't be closed,woot!!
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Now topics I would like to continue won't be closed,woot!!

Good bye Fuzzy. I enjoyed the time that much of the server joined in to help kill Harpy for you.
This discussion has been closed.