Can't equip a pet.

Options
Darkiss - Dreamweaver
Darkiss - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Venomancer
So I equipped one of the new non-battle pets from the new starting zone thinking it would expire when I left, just like everything else.
Now, I'm trying to equip my Wolfling from the beginner Veno quest but it says I have no space in my pet bag, and removing the other pet costs 20k.

Last time I played this game (about 3 years ago) I'm almost 100% sure there were at least 2 pet slots available for free.

Any way I can fix this without dropping 20k, buying hay with money, or starting over?

PS: Apparently there was a pet cage from a quest from the new starting area, but that must have expires since it's not in my bag or bank.
Post edited by Darkiss - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Your first pet slot is free. Your second through a quest. The fourth, fifth and sixth slots are though collect x items quest. The fifth and sixth slots are kind of a pain to get, people will typically use the boutique item instead.

This is only in the real world. I haven't explored the new pseudo-Primal World starting zone yet.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Atomicgarden - Morai
    Atomicgarden - Morai Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    there's a quest in primal world to get your 2nd slot unlocked. Now, i dopn't know if you can get your unlock at perfect world too... and that would be kinda cool, roght? another free slot!

Anyways, i just sarted over as soon as I reached perfect world... i was just lv 6 anyway and this time i made sure i didn't equip the deco pet, just the mount, which is kinda cool btw.

And now i'm farming 10k aquametals for the flying... thing =/ idk which animal it is.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I wouldn't use up the free cage you can get in the starter area until you've got 5 pet bag slots open... you can't get the pet slots for in game items if you've used a cage to get the corresponding pet bag slot open, and I don't know what happens if you use a cage before getting the free slot for completing the level 7 Sacred Beast quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Atomicgarden - Morai
    edited December 2013
    Options
    We'll find out soon enough!
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I wonder, is the cage stashable?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Atomicgarden - Morai
    edited December 2013
    Options
    okay, the cage disappears as soon as you leave primal and it's not stasheable as there is no stash in primal, so it's better to use it before leaving. Secondly the quest to get another slot in the mainland is gone so... I guess you gotta use the cage after all, otherwise you'll lose a slot.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    That's good to know :o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The question is, is the quest gone because you used the cage or did they completely remove it? o,o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Atomicgarden - Morai
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The question is, is the quest gone because you used the cage or did they completely remove it? o,o

Why don't you test It? It takes like 5 minutes... I'm kinda not in the mood LOL
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    okay, the cage disappears as soon as you leave primal and it's not stasheable as there is no stash in primal, so it's better to use it before leaving. Secondly the quest to get another slot in the mainland is gone so... I guess you gotta use the cage after all, otherwise you'll lose a slot.

Thanks for the info!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Atomicgarden - Morai
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Apparently, if you skip the cage quest you can ultimately get the extra 2nd slot with the lv 7 veno quest, but if you use the cage the taming quest wont give you an extra slot. Its a little confusing tbh...