lolz seriosly cuddle and kiss for a quest ? -.- this goes to far...

Options
hawkins08
hawkins08 Posts: 29 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
quest requiere you to cuddle and kiss someone for a starter quest....
enough sayd

WTF this is not a dating game, is it ?

seriosly hope you gotta take this **** out lol
Post edited by hawkins08 on

Comments

• Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Starter quest showing a game mechanic. *sigh*

Why do morons get forum access?
  • Jelloid - Sanctuary
    Jelloid - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    hawkins08 wrote: »
    WTF this is not a dating game, is it ?

It's not? b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ah63
    ah63 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Starter quest showing a game mechanic. *sigh*

Why do morons get forum access?

if your a cuddle hoe then you should do it

now they make us cuddle for a quest need hawkins08 is absolute right about it, this must be removed
  • Kassidee - Sanctuary
    Kassidee - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    So you dont like cuddling or kissing? Maybe the rest of do. Its a game for goodness sake. Pixels on a screen, its not like they are asking you to show your bits.
  • ah63
    ah63 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    nope unlike many of you ingame ******* i have a wife i want to cuddle only, not some random strangers for a quest lol this is insane retarted
  • Kaito_chan - Harshlands
    Kaito_chan - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Looks like the dear OP is having a rear ache... While I disagree with most of what you've said, I kind of agree that it's a bit ridiculous a quest. Then again, you don't... You don't *have to* do it, do you?
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I kind of agree that this shouldn't be a required quest at least, but there's no reason to be upset over it.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Why complain about something like this?........
    The embracing option has been around forever, why make a baby cry about a quest requirement for it?..........
    This is a game, not real life, get over it.
    *sigh* Complain for the sake of complaining f:angry.........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    ah63 wrote: »
    i have a wife i want to cuddle only

1) Ask wife to cuddle your pixels for this quest
    2) ????
    3) PROFIT

I'm not exactly the greatest fan of the embrace system in this game (mostly because people take the thing too damn seriously and it causes topics like this to show up) but come on.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The thing you should really be complaining about is how in this starting area they give skills infinite channel, make the mobs so weak you could punch em to death...

And then when these new players leave the area they're suddenly ridiculously underpowered and have no idea how to fight actual mobs that can now kill them

The new starting area for new toons is cool and all but it makes things more confusing for new players b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I have a complaint about this quest in that... its broken.... Other than that you don't HAVE to do it... =) I skipped it just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Well i aggree this shouldnt be a requirement, since its a feature just for fun. Would be different if its really normal cuddle, but the "embrace"-feature is meant to be a romantic action and it always looks disgusting to me. The only girl-chars id cuddle ingame are either my alts or venos in fox form, no one else.

Those forced romantic behavior is annoying in every game, especially since its not available for "everyone".

But its not an important quest, so its still okay. Most people skip it anyway.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Is there a way to skip this quest and still continue with the new player quest chain and visit the 14 other warriors mean to help save PWI? It seems to be required to advance the new player/character quest chain but I'm probably missing something.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    It's just pixels though...You could ask your wife to play and do it together.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Trying.....to.....re..sist....temp....ta.....tion.... f:sweat

WTB hug for quest.

The force is strong in this one.
    That or the gravitational pull.
    f:shame
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Could be worse. Like the game trying to find us a lover.

Oh wait.
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Well i aggree this shouldnt be a requirement, since its a feature just for fun. Would be different if its really normal cuddle, but the "embrace"-feature is meant to be a romantic action and it always looks disgusting to me. The only girl-chars id cuddle ingame are either my alts or venos in fox form, no one else.

Those forced romantic behavior is annoying in every game, especially since its not available for "everyone".

But its not an important quest, so its still okay. Most people skip it anyway.

Seriously? Disgusting? You got a serious problem. You missed the point even though you put it in your post. I made it bold for you.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I have to say that I agree with the OP here. That's not really something that should really be a required quest. True, you can skip it..but for new players, that's less of an option, since they really don't know whats going on, and want to proceed in the questline to further enjoy the game.

Also, a person's personality may dictate how they feel about it. People that don't really like to socialize, or kiss random strangers in game aren't going to like it.

Also, as a male player that tends to create female characters, I'm not keen on them kissing other males. (No offense intended to anyone, but as a male myself, its not my cup of tea to control my character to kiss another man...even if it is pixels. Its just not my style. I have enough issue letting people carry Serenity for chi, though I'm able to now...and I truly hate it when people choose to try to fly with her...so that quest isn't a good move for my toons, or people that may share my mindset on this point.

I play this game for enjoyment, not to date. If I want to kiss, I have my girlfriend. That quest can actually be a make it or break it move for a lot of new players, because some of the first quests are some of the first impressions that you get on the plot of the game...and having to kiss a random stranger...isn't a good impression. Yes, its merely pixels, but its the principle behind it. Heck, I'd be playing that game that rhymes with "rims" if I wanted a kissing quest.

Again, I'm endgame, and can ignore it...as a lot of us can with little consequence...but to a new player, that quest will be a more serious issue.

Just my viewpoint on this topic, and some of my reasons behind it. I understand that some may disagree, and I understand that, but hopefully you at least respectfully understand my point of view.

Take care all. Merry Christmas, and good luck in game. :D
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    ah63 wrote: »
    nope unlike many of you ingame ******* i have a wife i want to cuddle only, not some random strangers for a quest lol this is insane retarted

Seriously? It's a effing game. Pixellated hugs and smootches, oh my its a travesty and an injustice to RL monogamy everywhere. Turn out the lights, wear those tighty whities and granny panties. Run for your lives. If your wife gets jealous over an emote or you get embarrassed, or you can't handle it, time to move on.

Same goes for the OP, and anyone else that is offended by an in game emote of pixellated G-ratedness
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    What's the problem to make an alt and multiclient if you are that sensitive?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    What's the problem to make an alt and multiclient if you are that sensitive?

Next the op will say that they aren't that narcissistic. b:chuckle

Either way, OP needs to leave
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • _Little_Boy_ - Raging Tide
    _Little_Boy_ - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    wtf pwi giving exp for embracing?
    NOW I CAN REINCARNATE AND GO TO LVL 105 AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!!! xD f:sneaky
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Setting: Superior Court - Family Law

Judge: I have read your petition for divorce. You claim that the respondent has been cheating on you. Would you care to elaborate?

Petitioner: Yes, your honor. I have several pictures of the respondent embracing and kissing numerous women. He has violated the trust we had which has brought us here today.

Judge: May I see those pictures.

Exhibit A Exhibit B Exhibit C

Judge: ...
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    just do the freakin quest and stop being a wuss.

Here is what I think:

Hey baby you wanna cuddle for a quest?

sure.

Kiss kiss,hold hold,kisssssssssssssssssssss.

**wife pops up**

Hey baby you wanna cuddle after I do this quest and I can do yours too?

sure.

kiss kiss cuddle cuddle.

now how hard is that **** people?
  • ThaSpectre - Archosaur
    ThaSpectre - Archosaur Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    This is a game, just saying, i honestly think that one would be able too overcome a virtual kiss in order too complete a quest, marriage is a big part of this game, believe it or not, and it is just showing you a mechanic in the game. i see no problem with that. in short, GET OVER IT.
    Seeker-A dominant warrior who deftly manipulates a colossal blade; his sword skills are a sight to behold.

[SIGPIC]http://i41.tinypic.com/nya1j6.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Make alt of other gender, cuddle yourself, profit?

Some people seriously are stupid lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Imagine an old perv making alts just to cuddle `n such f:shh
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I think it's a bit ridiculous a new player would already be expected to grind or create alts on a game they aren't even sure they'd like, just to skip a tutorial quest because it makes them uncomfortable. And so far it seems like it is required to do if they want to do their new quest chain which gives them a preview of what the game is like. Introductions are probably one of the most important part of every game. Putting in something that is so unimportant but clearly makes people feel uncomfortable seems silly. It might turn some people off the game and really this game gets few enough genuinely new people as it is to turn people off of it over something as silly and inconsequential as the kiss emote in-game. Not to mention standing around waiting for someone of the opposite sex to happen by the questing area is dull and brings to a boring halt what is otherwise a pretty welcome and fun overhaul of creating a new character.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The thing you should really be complaining about is how in this starting area they give skills infinite channel, make the mobs so weak you could punch em to death...

And then when these new players leave the area they're suddenly ridiculously underpowered and have no idea how to fight actual mobs that can now kill them

The new starting area for new toons is cool and all but it makes things more confusing for new players b:surrender

I dont think its more confusing. If anything, the entire game has dumbed down quite a bit from a Starters perspective. Things I struggled to accomplish, and needed help with, like Farng, as an example, is a cakewalk solo now.

With the Sirius gears you get once you leave Primal World, and all the XP being shoved down your throat (between quests, Lucids, Profundity Scrolls, and the Perfect Questmaster), Im wondering when exactly a new player learns to play their class. *shrugs*

Seems to me new players become ultra-leet gearwise, level faster than FC runs ever could imagine (once I left Primal World I went from lv6 to lv36 the next day, and I havent included JJ yet xD), and will be either headed for the CS or the game exit door faster than ever before.

Its catapults you to Cash Shop time. Im not sure its a good thing, but Im enjoying the newness of starting over.

@OP -

Grow up, silly duck. Its just a quest. b:chuckle