TWs that didnt happen

HideYoHubby - Archosaur
HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
I would like some GM to comment if anything is going to be done to fix the issue. Defiance and Pandora on archosaur lost their bids as there was maintenance(~7-9pm) during TW(scheduled 8-11pm) and when maintenance ended and there would of been bout 2h to TW had it not been cancelled. In short, your actions took away the chance for said 2 factions to even try to get land this weekend and for Defiance it would of been the only TW of the weekend. So my question is, what are you going to do?

Main problem is how Rogue and Defiance are clear main contenders for TW season champion and this can really influence the standings at the end of the season. I`m sure Defiance would be satisfied with double bid 1 weekend to give them their bid count back to what Rogue has, I dont know what pandora would think. Only other fair option for TW map would be reverting map back to what it was before weekend but that wouldnt be fair to factions and players who wasted resources to win their TWs.

Ps. In short there is only 1 somewhat fair option out there and even its not perfect but if you dont do anything, you make innocent players to pay for your own damn mistake. Just grow some balls and least acknowledge this issue.
__Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
Post edited by HideYoHubby - Archosaur on

Comments

• Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Unfortunately maintenance happens even during the most inconvenient times. I think the only thing they *might* do is refund any coin if any was lost.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Unfortunately maintenance happens even during the most inconvenient times. I think the only thing they *might* do is refund any coin if any was lost.

The thing is, they had all the control when to do the maintenance. TW times were according to their schedule. There simply is no excuse to why this should been allowed to happen in the first place. Postponing maint by 4h and there would of not been a single problem regarding this. And thats not even all of it, they cancelled the TWs - Both Defiance and Rogue were gathering up, ready to log on and jump in TW when maintenance was over. All I can say is, there really is no worse way they could of handled this, discounting some random rollback in there.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The thing is, they had all the control when to do the maintenance. TW times were according to their schedule. There simply is no excuse to why this should been allowed to happen in the first place. Postponing maint by 4h and there would of not been a single problem regarding this. And thats not even all of it, they cancelled the TWs - Both Defiance and Rogue were gathering up, ready to log on and jump in TW when maintenance was over. All I can say is, there really is no worse way they could of handled this, discounting some random rollback in there.

They probably wanted to be with their friends and family on Christmas eve.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Still, I have to agree to a point.... maintenance does usually occur just a few hours later than when they scheduled it, and I see no reason why they couldn't have done it then as usual since it was a short maintenance. Either that, or they could have just shut down the game at noon for a couple or hours, when nothing major like TW was scheduled. It just seems like poor planning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Pretty much this.
    It's 1 TW day that got lost, big freaking whoop, you're not going to lose the season over it.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    edited December 2013

There is no reason this should of happened, just none. Maint could of been few hours earlier when nothing was happening, few hours later at normal time. They picked the worst spot of the day to do maint. They also cancelled the TWs, we were ready to go in with the messed up situation due maint but we couldnt even do that. It yells complete incompetence, any other company and people responsible would of been fired. Before you comment how this is a game, its work for the staff and with that comes certain expectations.