New "stun" skill effect

Comments

• PanboyAir - Sanctuary
    PanboyAir - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    why do pvp server people keep mentioning psychics have stun that bypasses all immunities?

PVP protections menu > check "Blessing Filter - Screen all non-squad blessings." box.

free tips for pvp server frienz.

just wondering. since people don't use blessing filter on your server, did people make level 1 clerics to override opponents' cleric buffs? b:cute
    I haven't posted on my main because I can't decide on a 105 Venomancer forum avatar.b:cute

youtube.com/user/DietSnappleRaspberry
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Blademasters have the best CC out of any class. 3+ stuns. seal, tele freeze, reel in, disarm.

Blademasters have the extremely good mobility, second only to maybe sins ... maybe, 2 leaps, 2 speed buff one with anti stun, tele freeze.

Blademasters have THE BEST survivability by far. It's nearly impossible for an endgame bm to die in a 1v1.

Best Survivability? Seriously? One Word: Barb!

I do agree that BMs dont have that much of an advantage over other classes and that the main problem can be foind dmg wise. But you guys nees to think further. with the new card system and the redicolous amount of phys and mag attack you gain out of it..things really balance out in favour of BMs. The more DMG you gain through cards the lrss effective your stat points will be and the more effective the ability to lock your enemy will be.

At first I thought that this new expansion will throw off balance onve and for it...but it does the exact same opposit. Maxed out chars should all be fun to play and should all be very competitive...no matter which class it is. only the gap between CSers and none CSers will grow once more...in a redicolous way xD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    To be fair, I usually don't play with bless filter on unless I know there's a psy out that will use that skill on me.

Not to mention that other people having bless filter on just makes me rage in TW/NW. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Best Survivability? Seriously? One Word: Barb!

Barbs are so squishy rofl.. no mdef buff = mage food.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    well I'm done here then, if people don't even realize how clearly bm has THE BEST survibility out of any class. and idk why you compare haf to adroit. haf doesn't have +12 and doesn't have jades or all endgame gears, so of course he isn't gonna be as tanky.

mass pvp most people are going to need debuffs to be taken down. and bm is the only class with massive % boost to pdef and m def. which is able to cancel out the debuffs.
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So much wrong in this thread... so tempted to point it out.. but meh I am not going to get into it.

Its too damn stressful arguing my points, my very valid points though it is jsut my opinion I still feel like I am right about the points I have been bringing up, and I may very well bring them up in the future but for now... I am not going to say something to only have it be rebutted by VERY much so.. arguably so badly flawed logic... that it just makes me want to scream.

---

Still shields + the extra hp that barb gets = so much better than marrows for mass pvp.... hell they are even arguably better for 1 on 1's. IJS!

*goes back to TRYING to ignore how this thread turned out*
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So this has turned into "your class is OP mine is weak" "no, YOUR class is OP and MINE is weak!" discussion....can we go back on topic?

If they wanted to counter Purify Proc they should have just nerfed it, honestly. In that QQPurifyProc thread the community came up with a lot of decent ways of nerfing it without making it completely useless for both the caster and the opponent.
    Instead...they decide to bring something that seems kinda broken so far and this causes problems to everyone, not just Purify Proc casters.

It's alright though, just wait for the expansion next year. They will introduce new skills or new weapon proc that completely cancels out this new "stun" b:chuckle

PS. I don't disagree that DD Barbarians and BMs needed a boost.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The bm bit is speculation at this point, we'll leave it at that.

The barb stunning... was it necessary to give them an unblockable stun? Who would say it was 'necessary'. Give barbs a boost, sure... ranged stun? Sure! Ranged stun that needs a special genie skill to remove or block? Ok... sure.

Ranged stun, low cd, no chi cost, unblockable, unpurifiable, damaging stun? Um... what?

This isn't a matter of 'did the class need a boost or not'. Heck, I don't mind classes getting upgrades. None of us mind classes getting upgrades. But this is far more than an 'upgrade'. Its so... extreme. The skill has no downsides and soooo many upsides.

Example: compare to my seal of gods, another difficult to block skill. My seal of gods:
    -has a 30s cooldown, 15s duration (can be on you max of 50% of the time)
    -costs me a spark
    -you can't really be killed during this time if your gear is even somewhat decent
    -can be partially or completely blocked (anti stun to block immobilize, will surge to block seal, faith to block both)
    -can be partially blocked by apoth (anti-stun lets you run away)

New barb stun:
    -has 6s (5s if sage) cd, with 4s stun duration up to 80% of time spent unable to do anything
    -unable to be blocked by any anti-stun class skill
    -unable to be blocked by any anti-stun apoth
    -unable to be blocked by any genie skill except ad (a 3min cd skill with high energy cost)
    -unable to be removed by any genie skill, period
    -unable to be removed by weapon purify proc
    -does damage
    -will not miss
    -gain 15 chi
    -take full damage during time you are stunned or immobilized

And this without mentioning that barbs are fastest class on average, the tankiest class on average (possibly magic marrowed bm better against magic), and therefore, avoiding this stun or trying to kill barb before he gets to you is not feasible.

Again... I'd agree with parts of this. Like... what if... it could be blocked by genie skills, but not purified? Like soulburn. What if it couldn't be blocked, but it could be removed? By faith, cleric purify, mystic aoe purify, psychic aoe purify. What if it couldn't be blocked or removed, but cost 1 spark?

But... yeah. There's just too many good things about it. It doesn't have to be this strong... its unbalanced. And believe you me, its not just arcanes who will be complaining lol. Anybody that barb wants to target will be in a near perma stun lock that you can't do anything about... and will have extreme difficulty escaping from.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited December 2013

PS. I don't disagree that DD Barbarians and BMs needed a boost.

I do. They can deal pretty good damage, but this may be difficult for casters to notice w/ them being able to zoom off laughing every couple of seconds <.>

Barbs are well off as it is, boasting great mobility and several survival abilities. As mentioned above, well built BMs are incredibly difficult to kill. The real problem is the Purify proc, making it seem as if BMs and Barbs are weak, when actually they were fine before it was introduced. It's similar to the fact that wizards were strong endgame before assassins ruined PvP, but the introduction of assassins made it look as if wizards were useless, so wizards(and all casters eventually) were overcompensated.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Using either marrow makes a self buffed bm 1 to 3 shots for any heavy hitter with opposite type damage. The only times marrows make a BM have amazing survivability is 1 v1 wizards or psychics (or a bm or barb too dumb to use element potions)

Archers + sins both have better mobility and better damage than BMs

Sin has similar cc abilities.

Every single end game class in the game including clerics and venos have better damage BMs unless the BM gives up 3/4 skill trees + all hope of ever not missing.

purify proc, genies, dormant buff effects (psys) have made stunlocking unrealistic in any group pvp situation.

Both Barbs and Blademasters need something to either give their role back or create a new one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    Using either marrow makes a self buffed bm 1 to 3 shots for any heavy hitter with opposite type damage.

And that is a load of bull
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    And that is a load of bull

Oh yeah?
    Have an end game BM of your choice self buff and phy marrow while you do any realistic dd combo.

Then have them magic marrow while AEM or someone does their ep+mire+headhunt from stealth ****
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    Oh yeah?
    Have an end game BM of your choice self buff and phy marrow while you do any realistic dd combo.

Then have them magic marrow while AEM or someone does their ep+mire+headhunt from stealth ****

100m says Jafira in magic marrow + demon bell is not going to get 1-3 shot with any realistic DD combo from AEM.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    100m says Jafira in magic marrow + demon bell is not going to get 1-3 shot with any realistic DD combo from AEM.

With the several seconds of proc from demon bell it is a bit less likely to be hit that hard i agree.
    But when it ends she'd be sin/archer food
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    With the several seconds of proc from demon bell it is a bit less likely to be hit that hard i agree.
    But when it ends she'd be sin/archer food

Jafira is neither sage nor have **** gear.. even without demon bell she is a tank.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Just gonna through this out there, but a lot of BMs don't stat vit... but that doesn't mean they can't either. In fact bms get a lot of hp out of vit points. A support-only, vit build bm would be probably as difficult as a vit-build barb to take down.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Joe - Morai
    edited December 2013
    I have to agree that the logic of some guys here is terrifying.

It is very obvious that most players have forgotten how to compare a cpass to another. You guys have been blindfolded by NW, TW and other MassPVP Bullcrap.

You can only compare a class to another under equal circumstances and that is 1on1 only with their own skills and buffs.

You can talk it down as much as you want, but without your precious buffs most of you guys would die like flies. It's the undeniable truth and that alone is ...yeah pathetic. If you really had to immidiatly react to any debuff just to survive you would have the need to play way better then most of you do atm. If ppl refuse doing 1on1s selfbuffed only they shouldn't evrn be allowed to think that they are something at PvP.

In such scenarios it is undeniable that Barbs are by far the most powerful class in this game. Closely followed by clerics. Why? Yoir def lvl does not provide that much of a protection if you get a devour + tangling mired zerk crit from a pure str Barb. Even unsparked nearly any class...cept for BMs, Wiz and Mysts are merely 1,2 or 3 shot...and even I as a Barb know that the change to Mighty Swing is Gamebreaking.

It grants a mega uber lock skill to the most powerful class itself and yes it should be removed but only if they finally remove purify procs from r9 or make it PvE only.

Don't even start arguing...bla Wizard Spark...bla seeker QPQ SS Combo. I play and played all those classes and I am well aware about any pro and con of any class in this game.

But as long as you weaklings hide behind your precious Buffs you shall not fear this single Stun skill. Go on with your mass PvP where a single target stun doesnt matter at all. I wanna see all you QQers fight Barbs 1on1 for being able to seriously QQ in the first place.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    honestly bms dont really need this kind of skill

or as cheze stated, at this point they should at least balance out other classes primal skills
    wizard frostflame in first place, archers kiss of snake in second place

they can already glitch you in the air with reel roar from a flyer then this disable? gg wp wonder whos gonna survive such broken mechanic
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013

It is very obvious that most players have forgotten how to compare a cpass to another. You guys have been blindfolded by NW, TW and other MassPVP Bullcrap.

You can only compare a class to another under equal circumstances and that is 1on1 only with their own skills and buffs.

You can talk it down as much as you want, but without your precious buffs most of you guys would die like flies. It's the undeniable truth and that alone is ...yeah pathetic. If you really had to immidiatly react to any debuff just to survive you would have the need to play way better then most of you do atm. If ppl refuse doing 1on1s selfbuffed only they shouldn't evrn be allowed to think that they are something at PvP.

In such scenarios it is undeniable that Barbs are by far the most powerful class in this game. Closely followed by clerics. Why? Yoir def lvl does not provide that much of a protection if you get a devour + tangling mired zerk crit from a pure str Barb. Even unsparked nearly any class...cept for BMs, Wiz and Mysts are merely 1,2 or 3 shot...and even I as a Barb know that the change to Mighty Swing is Gamebreaking.

It grants a mega uber lock skill to the most powerful class itself and yes it should be removed but only if they finally remove purify procs from r9 or make it PvE only.

Don't even start arguing...bla Wizard Spark...bla seeker QPQ SS Combo. I play and played all those classes and I am well aware about any pro and con of any class in this game.

But as long as you weaklings hide behind your precious Buffs you shall not fear this single Stun skill. Go on with your mass PvP where a single target stun doesnt matter at all. I wanna see all you QQers fight Barbs 1on1 for being able to seriously QQ in the first place.

Annnnnd this is what you call good logic? o.o'
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Joe - Morai
    edited December 2013
    Annnnnd this is what you call good logic? o.o'

xD it might be hard to follow but if you know any aspect of this game it does make sense. my post was already extremely long. Explaoning anything would cover up several books. yep no kidding.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited December 2013

your vision of the game is kinda blured by the fact that you did not attend a single 80vs80 tw in last 2 tw seasons

in such tws you get reeled in\transposited by a seeker and then this new broken cc and you are dead full buffs or not.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Joe - Morai
    edited December 2013
    your vision of the game is kinda blured by the fact that you did not attend a single 80vs80 tw in last 2 tw seasons

in such tws you get reeled in\transposited by a seeker and then this new broken cc and you are dead full buffs or not.

thats what I mean. If several skilled ppl attack Ou with whatever there might be then you're dead. No use in discussing mass PvP or even attending this. you can't show off real skill there nor can you prove that your class is better then another.

If one wants decent PvP pleasure then only 1on1 is the way to go. It's just like rl. unless you overpower your enemys by far yout get always ***** by a group of ppl.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thats what I mean. If several skilled ppl attack Ou with whatever there might be then you're dead. No use in discussing mass PvP or even attending this. you can't show off real skill there nor can you prove that your class is better then another.

If one wants decent PvP pleasure then only 1on1 is the way to go. It's just like rl. unless you overpower your enemys by far yout get always ***** by a group of ppl.

To be honest, I don't consider 1v1s to be the way to judge a person's skill or a class' effectiveness either especially considering that some classes are designed to be deadly in 1v1 while others absolutely shine in group PvP scenarios. What about people who are just not interested in 1v1s? Do they automatically fail?

For me there are just a variety of different kinds of PvP and corresponding PvP skills/knowledge.
    PvP, at least in my opinion, is like the different kinds of intelligence. Just because someone is not good at maths it doesn't mean they are stupid; their intelligence lies elsewhere.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited December 2013

ah aright then i didnt get your point xD

imo still that single skill could lead a unsharded bm to fight on pair with any other full maxed endgame josd class

combined with other bm skills you can really sht on any other opponent

just reel roar hf ep mires broken CC 40% hp skill zerk\crit gg wp
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Joe - Morai
    edited December 2013
    To be honest, I don't consider 1v1s to be the way to judge a person's skill or a class' effectiveness either especially considering that some classes are designed to be deadly in 1v1 while others absolutely shine in group PvP scenarios. What about people who are just not interested in 1v1s? Do they automatically fail?

For me there are just a variety of different kinds of PvP and corresponding PvP skills/knowledge.
    PvP, at least in my opinion, is like the different kinds of intelligence. Just because someone is not good at maths it doesn't mean they are stupid; their intelligence lies elsewhere.

you are right. but thats not the point. the point is that the more factors you count into a calculation the easier it can get blurred. in 1on1 there is just you and the enemy. nothing else. And we are talking about if something like the stun ist too OP. In 1on1 it is. In mass pvp situations it's not.

And you have to know what youre doing in 1on1s. you cant rely on anyone but yourself thus it is more of a challange. Any class shines in 1on1 at some point.

The best way and the only way to find out if you are better then someone is fighting your very own class in 1on1s. Can be annoying as heck but you have to give it your all.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    is there any other new thing for the game mechanic other than new 'stun' effect that people should know ?
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited December 2013

You can only compare a class to another under equal circumstances and that is 1on1 only with their own skills and buffs..

Didnt read the rest neither the posts around it, was just skimming a bit, but this is total bullcrap.

If mass PvP is the arena were all fighting in, then its mass pvp where you compare classes.
    And im pretty sure PWI knows all the kill/death ratios of each class etc.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is there any bm that already has this skill and tested in pvp ? how does it go ?
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2013

This is true, but yet people constantly QQ about sins in 1v1. Mass pk= Sins and Veno's are the highest casualty rate, and normally forgotten because stategy wise its better to res a healer or tankier DD/
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is true, but yet people constantly QQ about sins in 1v1. Mass pk= Sins and Veno's are the highest casualty rate, and normally forgotten because stategy wise its better to res a healer or tankier DD/

Your server must have no good venos...