I too need some advice on gear (lvl 100)

Jellytops - Heavens Tear
Jellytops - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Assassin
Coming back after being off for a while, and I need some advice on gear. Atleast when I left, my gear was OK, but I'm not sure how it is now. And no matter how it is now, I really need some advice as to what I should do next.

I only play PvE, and a mix between farming inside and outside instances. That means that I wish to be able to clear instances.

Should I get the next stage of my daggers, should I change the daggers, should I consentrate on refining my gear, etc. I'm really not sure what to do now, have forgotten most of the stuff I knew before I left.

Here is my current gear: http://pwcalc.com/6f6aea68aa018cf7

*-*-*When I wears my flashing sword and my hand takes hold on judgment. I will take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me. Oh lord, raise me to thy right hand and count me among thy saints.*-*-*
Post edited by Jellytops - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Honestly, I think that you should refine your armors.

It's kinda horrifying to see people with +10 daggers and such low refines elsewhere.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    +12 weapon and Deity all your armor and die in BH
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Coming back after being off for a while, and I need some advice on gear. Atleast when I left, my gear was OK, but I'm not sure how it is now. And no matter how it is now, I really need some advice as to what I should do next.

I only play PvE, and a mix between farming inside and outside instances. That means that I wish to be able to clear instances.

Should I get the next stage of my daggers, should I change the daggers, should I consentrate on refining my gear, etc. I'm really not sure what to do now, have forgotten most of the stuff I knew before I left.

Here is my current gear: http://pwcalc.com/6f6aea68aa018cf7

I'd refine your armor a bit. I go by a minimum of +7 now adays, that will net you about 9-10k hp buffed, which is good for most instances. I'd also upgrade your helm to g16 with about +7 refines. That'll give you more damage, about the same HP, and you will take less damage. That will alow you to also restat some of the extra str into dex. After that G16 daggers would be recommended, the damage is 1.5-2x that of g13.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Would G15 helmet not be better since he got no other G16 parts but a G15 pants ? At least that gets him 5 att levels.

Other than that yes, your weapon should become G16 and your armors +7 or better. Youll need a tome then to be 5APS again. Without the tome G16 will still significantly out DD G13s, but the difference is reduced quite a bit. That together with the +10 on your weapon makes that i think the G16 dagger is not your biggest priority. If you want to improve beyond that, you go for r8r with int. So general order (you may want to swap a little in the 3 to 6 range):

1: refine armors +7
    2: upgrade helm
    3: get tome
    4: upgrade daggers to G16
    5: get R8r -int
    6: +10 the whole stuff
    7: Get vit stones or better shards.

After #1 you will already be a balanced sin who can handle himself in most instances. Solo FC and lower level TTs.

somewhere between 5 and 6 you will be an ownage sin who tanks mobless and solos TT3-2 and 3-3.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
    edited December 2013
    Would G15 helmet not be better since he got no other G16 parts but a G15 pants ? At least that gets him 5 att levels.

Other than that yes, your weapon should become G16 and your armors +7 or better. Youll need a tome then to be 5APS again. Without the tome G16 will still significantly out DD G13s, but the difference is reduced quite a bit. That together with the +10 on your weapon makes that i think the G16 dagger is not your biggest priority. If you want to improve beyond that, you go for r8r with int. So general order (you may want to swap a little in the 3 to 6 range):

1: refine armors +7
    2: upgrade helm
    3: get tome
    4: upgrade daggers to G16
    5: get R8r -int
    6: +10 the whole stuff
    7: Get vit stones or better shards.

After #1 you will already be a balanced sin who can handle himself in most instances. Solo FC and lower level TTs.

somewhere between 5 and 6 you will be an ownage sin who tanks mobless and solos TT3-2 and 3-3.

The G15 helm would be better in the case she stays with g13's and never uses a jones blessing. 100 pdef is not even close to 1-2% physical reduction, and g16 refines for better hp. Also the dex gives damage and crit, which comes roughly close to the 5 atk lvs bonus.

I'd say:
    1. 1
    2. 2
    3. 4
    4. 3 or 6
    5. 3 or 6
    6. 7 (citrines are a cheap alternative in adition to g10 gems from weekly aba/sot)
    7. 5

r8r is a novelty set for sins, where as bm's and barb's can get away with only the chest plate. You will need 0.05 on chest and boots to be at the same aps, which can be cheap if you are lucky. But honestly the cost of just getting the r8r armors is enough to buy a tome or +10 some gear. It's extra, and not needed, most sins can solo 3-3 and +10 with vit stones, so the r8r is not a good idea for a farming toon.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The G16 helm would be better in the case she stays with g13's and never uses a jones blessing. 100 pdef is not even close to 1-2% physical reduction, and g16 refines for better hp. Also the dex gives damage and crit, which comes roughly close to the 5 atk lvs bonus.

I'd say:
    1. 1
    2. 2
    3. 4
    4. 3 or 6
    5. 3 or 6
    6. 7 (citrines are a cheap alternative in adition to g10 gems from weekly aba/sot)
    7. 5

r8r is a novelty set for sins, where as bm's and barb's can get away with only the chest plate. You will need 0.05 on chest and boots to be at the same aps, which can be cheap if you are lucky. But honestly the cost of just getting the r8r armors is enough to buy a tome or +10 some gear. It's extra, and not needed, most sins can solo 3-3 and +10 with vit stones, so the r8r is not a good idea for a farming toon.

Fixed, I think
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Jellytops - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2013
    Thank you, that helped. But here comes the really noobish question that will probably make some people really upset: when you talk about making daggers/helmet G16, and getting the r8r etc. I have been gone for so long, that I have forgotten what all that is. I know what G16 MEANS (grade/lvl, right?), but for me to actually get/craft it, I need the name of the gear :P Sorry!! I know I'll probably get some facepalms now, but for those of you who are not busy with that, could you please help me with some names b:thanks

edit: Oh, and with tome, should I aim for Love, or? I currently have about 300M, but I'm working on it. I just need some goals to work towards.
    *-*-*When I wears my flashing sword and my hand takes hold on judgment. I will take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me. Oh lord, raise me to thy right hand and count me among thy saints.*-*-*
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    g16 is the grade level, generally when someone says g16 they are refering to Niv gear. you either have to farm for badges/molds in warsong and lunar to make any item g16 or pay someone to do it for you (fee) if your gear is not bound

the love up and down has gotten expensive because it can be upgraded now, i think thy run 800m~ on raging tides, for now i would just stick with refining your gear first, then worry about a tome later on. You dont need to be 5aps to solo tt much less fc effectively.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank you, that helped. But here comes the really noobish question that will probably make some people really upset: when you talk about making daggers/helmet G16, and getting the r8r etc. I have been gone for so long, that I have forgotten what all that is. I know what G16 MEANS (grade/lvl, right?), but for me to actually get/craft it, I need the name of the gear :P Sorry!! I know I'll probably get some facepalms now, but for those of you who are not busy with that, could you please help me with some names b:thanks

"G16" refers to the third tier of Nirvana gear. It's made from G15 Nirvana and takes drops from extra bosses in Warsong and Lunar Glade. Since the name of the weapons are taken from G15 Lunar Glade weapons, giving you the names would be kinda redundant. However, this is the G16 dagger. The reason for going for G16 is that is comes with a guaranteed 40 Attack Levels and has the highest chance of any rerollable weapon to get -interval on it.
    edit: Oh, and with tome, should I aim for Love, or? I currently have about 300M, but I'm working on it. I just need some goals to work towards.

As for the tome, it's a personal thing. Love: Up and Down can be upgraded with drops from Nation Wars into Dominance or Emperor, which are much better than it. However, considering the costs, it's not exactly cost efficient, nor should it be a priority for you at this time.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about your damage yet, because with a +10 dagger, any increases in damage are going to cost a ton and will not help you much. I would know, I went from +10 G13 to +10 G15 to +7 G16, with the last one having 2x -0.05 interval.

Right now, I would recommend refining your Nirvana pants, then your accessories and G12 armors. After that, you should swap the R8 ring for something better. Replacing your helm isn't a high priority, since it will cost you HP and only give you a minor boost in damage.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Jellytops - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2013
    Thank you all, now I know a little more. I'll start working it. Again, thanks!
  • evilsmakers
    evilsmakers Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i would say get s3 Daggers and then Get a tome ur gear refine is fine in soloing FF and some low TT's,For R8r its way better ,but u need to keep in mind getting same aps ur r8 have will at least cost like +500-1bil(int on top+boots),so if sin is ur main i would say get r8r if its not ur main just stick with ur gear and just refine more(+7 would be good)
    cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~
    edited December 2013
    i would say get s3 Daggers and then Get a tome ur gear refine is fine in soloing FF and some low TT's,For R8r its way better ,but u need to keep in mind getting same aps ur r8 have will at least cost like +500-1bil(int on top+boots),so if sin is ur main i would say get r8r if its not ur main just stick with ur gear and just refine more(+7 would be good)

A tome increase damage and bp heals yes, but she needs the defense first. 5aps g16 will take aggro in warsong and w/o proper refines she will be a liability. Once she has at least 10k buffed and 8-9k pdef buffed she can easily tank warsong in BB.