Friend got her character reset?

l0rdfrosteye
l0rdfrosteye Posts: 3 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
Hi, I don't personally play PWI anymore (quit in 20011), but my friend does. She doesn't speak english very well and plays this game rather casually. She told me that she was just doing "some quest" and a few minutes later finds out she is level 1, and everything is gone. I checked, her items are there, but she is indeed level 1. In the heat of the moment she also sold some gear she got from what I assume this quest. Not sure if this is relevant, but she mentioned it.

Once again, I personally have little current experience with this game. Can anyone tell me what she did? And what are the consequences? She is very dedicated to this game, and I fear she might just quit because of this because of this devastation.

Thank you, and please be kind. She has no idea what to do so I am trying to get some feedback.
Post edited by l0rdfrosteye on

Comments

• FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    She did the reawakening quest which does indeed revert you back to lvl 1 with some bonus stats. A good percentage of the players have also reverted back. Now that she is back to lvl 1 again she will notice that she is is getting 4x xp plus the 2x that is on at the moment. She is able to go to a new area where she can get new improved skills. there are dailies in the new area that help obtain materials for these skills and nice xp bonuses as well. She should be able to use her lvl 100 gear around lvl 40 or so.
  • l0rdfrosteye
    edited December 2013
    She did the reawakening quest which does indeed revert you back to lvl 1 with some bonus stats. A good percentage of the players have also reverted back. Now that she is back to lvl 1 again she will notice that she is is getting 4x xp plus the 2x that is on at the moment. She is able to go to a new area where she can get new improved skills. there are dailies in the new area that help obtain materials for these skills and nice xp bonuses as well. She should be able to use her lvl 100 gear around lvl 40 or so.

Okay, thank you. Is it possible to return back to the former state? I don't think she will, but it's nice to know if there's such an option.
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I dont think there is at the moment. pretty sure since she did the quest til the end the ticket department wont revert her back to her previous level. Tell her to go solo some fb instances, maybe buy a FF or two and she will be back to 100+ in no time. Also the 4x xp stops once you reach 100 for the second time at that point she will be back to normal xp. Its not as bad as it seems Im very glad that I chose to reincarnate,my character is far better than my previous one. So sorry your friend didnt realize what she was doing but I do hope she enjoys the new improved stronger toon she will have very shortly. She isnt alone nearly everyone I know has reincarnated or has plans to in a very short amt of time.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Okay, thank you. Is it possible to return back to the former state? I don't think she will, but it's nice to know if there's such an option.

She'll have to level it again but the bonus exp she gets makes it much easier than the first time around. When she finishes leveling back up she will be even more powerful than she was before for two reasons: she'll have bonus stat points. She'll be able to farm cards that she can equip to her character to boost her even further. There really isn't a downside to this change. Read this to learn more about reincarnating. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1654291 Honestly this is a good time to reincarnate because many, many, many people are reincarnating, so actually she'll find the squads for doing things like this much more plentiful than she might in the future. I actually seen more FF squads for people that reincarnated than BH100 world chats on my server, although that may be because the last two were EU and Lunar.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • l0rdfrosteye
    edited December 2013
    Thank you guys, we really appreciate the responses. Guess some things aren't too horrible after all.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2013
    Moral of the story....

Read the dialogue boxes before just clicking on stuff.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Moral of the story....

Read the dialogue boxes before just clicking on stuff.b:chuckle

I actually bugged my faction for several minutes cause I was afraid of taking that quest lol! The NPC makes the step to getting the item sound like you're going to be level 1 right away. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~