new classes (read please)

AngelEnder - Sanctuary
AngelEnder - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Suggestion Box
ok so i was chatting with some of my buds how aside from cleric and veno no mage really stands out at all, and same with all melee classes, which got me to thinking of new ideas. yes i know full well that these classes require much programming but that's kinda the point. right now all classes are mostly skill spam till you win. these new ideas of mine can change the game.

class 1

class name: martial artist.

weapon: glove

basic concept: being a master of hand to hand combat, this class has skills focusing on throwing foes right where the player wants them, or moving around the foe with speedy attacks.

example skill 1: Judo toss- a powerful, and well time toss, does X damage and tosses the foe X meters behind you.

example skill 2: Swallow kick - a barrage of swift kicks, you'll land X meters behind the foe.

this would be useful for luring foes or evading them.

class 2

class name: Master Monk

weapon:Sutra

Basic concept:Being well versed in the magic of the monks, this class can set charms, sutras, and seals that will take effect as relevant.

Example skill 1: barriear seal- this seal blocks all foes from entering with X meters of it, and can be set in any open space.

Example skill 2: freezing sutra- this sutra freezes an oppenent for X seconds and deals X water damage

ok please give me useful feed back only how to make them "fair" and how to make them more interesting. please and thank you all.
Post edited by AngelEnder - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Any forum post that has "read please" in its name is generally a bad start. Also, as far as new class suggestions go, out of the hundreds that have been ignored on here and the hundreds more to come, its nothing special. Game isnt designed for international audience, its designed for the Chinese, and we just get their updates, so any real game changing things like this are just going to be ignored.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AngelEnder - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    never know what the devs will choose to do, they could ignore it true, but i'd never know for sure unless i try right?
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Master r9rr of Sutra would be Kama right?
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • AngelEnder - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    ?????
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The classes you came up with would fit only with the Human race.
    To expand the Human class choice would inevitably lead to expand the class choice for the other races too in the future, and I honestly don't think we need anything else at this moment. Not to mention, the imbalance! Do we need more of it?

Most roles are already covered as it is. I don't see how this would change the entire game, aside from making it feel a bit strange.

Gecko is right that these ideas will get ignored anyway; unfortunately the game companies do not simply go and browse the forums of their respective product/s when they want to bring new stuff around for inspiration.

If you really, really want to see this done, it will work faster if you assemble your own team in the future and work to develop a game, rather than hoping the "big ones" will notice one good blue moon day.
    f:horror
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sounds too much like Blademaster and Wizard...

I'd suggest suggesting these as extra skills for those classes instead...Tossing foes sounds kinda fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AngelEnder - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    1 they can fit in with whatever race pwi wants.

2 they do have the right to expand other races as they see fit.

3 these skills are NON LINEAR meaning they have variety in how they can be used as oppsed to simply " target, skillspam" that seems HIGHLY prevelent in perfect world now.

4 an unvoiced opinion is an unheard opinion

5 you guys even read this thing or did i just phrase it really poorly.
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ... no just no.......b:bye
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Tebi - Archosaur
    Tebi - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I already know that this may get ignored but why not have half wraiths? some half demon half human/elf/tideborn/untaimed? the Half wraiths could be banished from the demon world because they're half human and not accepted in PWI cause of their demonic blood. The melee class would have pikes and have USEFUL skills involving the pikes but use demonic ability towards them like Demonic Fang or some thing like that being full of curses and have a some what HF approach but not as powerful and the mage class can cast aoes galore and some curse that can amplify the damage they take except not as great as the veno's amp and can summon little demons or some thing from hell that last a minute or some thing and the higher the level the more demons they're able to summon and they get a continuous aoe called **** Desire and able to switch their phy resistances with mag resistances of the target. Another Idea could be Reptoids with similar attributes like the ones mentioned above. Like I said before I already know it'll be ignored but it doesn't hurt to post ideas.
  • _Grimmjow_J_ - Archosaur
    _Grimmjow_J_ - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I already know that this may get ignored but why not have half wraiths? some half demon half human/elf/tideborn/untaimed? the Half wraiths could be banished from the demon world because they're half human and not accepted in PWI cause of their demonic blood. The melee class would have pikes and have USEFUL skills involving the pikes but use demonic ability towards them like Demonic Fang or some thing like that being full of curses and have a some what HF approach but not as powerful and the mage class can cast aoes galore and some curse that can amplify the damage they take except not as great as the veno's amp and can summon little demons or some thing from hell that last a minute or some thing and the higher the level the more demons they're able to summon and they get a continuous aoe called **** Desire and able to switch their phy resistances with mag resistances of the target. Another Idea could be Reptoids with similar attributes like the ones mentioned above. Like I said before I already know it'll be ignored but it doesn't hurt to post ideas.

Love it, love everything about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AngelEnder - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    great my ideas that woudl be useful get laughed outand his which is more or less another mix class from existing ones gets approval... might move to aeria games.. atleast there their moto isn't SSDD.
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Your idea got laugh cause we don't need other classes. Other thing about your idea is that is impossible due to current cap for classes.

What Tebi is suggesting, on the other hand, is smart because it would allowed
    difference between already excising classes and bring more diversity to the game.

+1 Tebi
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Master r9rr of Sutra would be Kama right?

interesting skill.... KamaSutrab:laugh
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Wraiths arent demons though, wraiths are reanimated corpses with no mind of their own or something cheesey like that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]