What about pstones now ?

WannaBM - Archosaur
WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
Appearently the card drops have been removed. Are we expected to buy the cards now to make pstones, effectively making them a CS item ?

Are there other sources of pstones ?
Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
Post edited by WannaBM - Archosaur on

Comments

• FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yoy don't need any of the card bosses materials to make oht gear. Wrists use only luminostones, statues and tears of heaven, so you can get your perfect stones from those. Which are also the most abundant oht materials (save for the tears).
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Run full deltas (or even alphas, betas or gammas... should be easy enough for reawakened characters) and collect tome fragments (or buy tome fragments). Trade frags for cards at the Land Elder. Problem solved (and eliminates the glut of duplicate cards.)

Finding Rebirth squads is left as an exercise for the student.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    I know about all that, but you cant ignore the removal of cards so simply.

Of course you can use tears. I happen to have 2500 stones of scarred that i have bought for 8k a piece though. Tears are much less abundant, in the same time i bought some 600 of those for 13k each.

I also do have frags, but that means 16 frags for 1 card and they are also much less abundant compared to the easy to farm cards. Thats more than 1m just to activate a boss compared to about 6 minutes of farming before.

The demand for pstones is huge and endless. Tears and frags wont do the job. For all of us to keep using our genies, it means buying frags with tokens. (who are also getting more and more rare) and a higher price for both tears and pstones.

Not really nice. Im losing my job, have a devalued stack of scarred, and everything for the end user is getting more and more expensive. And for what reason ?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    It's only 2 fragments per card; you're thinking of the number of fragments needed for one record (8 cards).

6 minutes of farming for enough cards for a boss? Maybe for Bewitched Doll cards 1-4, and possibly the other map 3 dropped cards (though those were almost all from ranged mobs, harder to round up for AOEing), any other card set took a lot longer to accumulate.

I've got a stack of desert tower miniatures I would probably never have used because the cards were just too annoying to collect.

You can also get fragments from some of the treasure map boss drops. (I think cicada daggers from map 4 boss.)

While the snowman event is on, there's a large supply of lower quality chi stones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    bewiched doll 1-4 were cheaply found on the AH. 5-10 you could farm 30-40 per hour. So thats like 7-10 records per hour.
    I made 100.000s pstones like that, and im not the only one. Thats pretty much where the pstones you buy at catshops came from.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    That's still map 3 mobs, ever try farming map 2 or especially map 4 cards? No way you're getting 30-40 an hour. (Well, maybe Gluttonfowl cards you could get close to that many, but who wants to farm Gluttonfowl?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    does that matter ?
  • poupousse
    poupousse Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    does that matter ?

If you cash shop like mad, it actually doesn't matter b:quiet