Is this some cruel joke?

n3w1ds
n3w1ds Posts: 11 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
I haven't seen anything to make up for the issues that have occurred over the last month.

So far they have given us an expansion with graphics improvements 3 years out of date.
PWI has jacked up prices of Ocean Orbs by 40% and doubled the price of "Dragon's Fire Pack x 20".
PWI, if you are having trouble remembering the prices, it was 25 gold for Ocean Orb and 3.15 gold for the "Dragon's Fire Pack x 20". It seems you guys stuffed up and are now penalizing the honest and loyal players for your mistakes.
The new expansion gave us useless free gifts, which were only worth NPC'ing. The worthwhile gifts we are being charged for. Seriously! I can't remember the last time I was given a gift and asked to pay for it.
Can anybody remember the last time TW had 80v80 in it. My guess was about 1.5 years ago.
This game is dieing more and more everyday and PWI is doing everything in its power to make it die more quickly.
With the many negative reviews appearing on MMO sites of recent times, there won't be many new players to compensate for many that have left.
To the players, if you have money, it would be wise not to spend any of it on this game until PWI start to show they care as much about the players as they do about their wallets.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    n3w1ds wrote: »
    I haven't seen anything to make up for the issues that have occurred over the last month.

So far they have given us an expansion with graphics improvements 3 years out of date.
    PWI has jacked up prices of Ocean Orbs by 40% and doubled the price of "Dragon's Fire Pack x 20".
    PWI, if you are having trouble remembering the prices, it was 25 gold for Ocean Orb and 3.15 gold for the "Dragon's Fire Pack x 20". It seems you guys stuffed up and are now penalizing the honest and loyal players for your mistakes.
    The new expansion gave us useless free gifts, which were only worth NPC'ing. The worthwhile gifts we are being charged for. Seriously! I can't remember the last time I was given a gift and asked to pay for it.
    Can anybody remember the last time TW had 80v80 in it. My guess was about 1.5 years ago.
    This game is dieing more and more everyday and PWI is doing everything in its power to make it die more quickly.
    With the many negative reviews appearing on MMO sites of recent times, there won't be many new players to compensate for many that have left.
    To the players, if you have money, it would be wise not to spend any of it on this game until PWI start to show they care as much about the players as they do about their wallets.

If you have to pay for it, may I ask how was it a gift? Answer that question, then facepalm yourself.
  • WenSon - Harshlands
    WenSon - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited December 2013

pwi care about their players ? never gonna happen. cause they make money like this for years already and so they wont change.
  • Ignasia - Heavens Tear
    Ignasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Prices going up is typical of PWE. They have been doing this for quite a while now, so it shouldnt be a surprise. On the point hat the gifts from the expansion were **** and only npcable... you sir obviously dont know jack about them... lets see.. FREE charms-FREE telestones/essence-FREE telecoustics/horns-FREE hypers-Free +30% exp necky. I dont see whats wrong with those. Oh, and for toons who are leveling before reincarnate get FREE dragon orbs... The point here, is that they are FREE. You didnt have to pay for them, they are truely a free item that was given to us, which in the years of PW, have been some of the best gifts given.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • m0nst3rsk1ll3rs
    m0nst3rsk1ll3rs Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pwi care about their players ? never gonna happen. cause they make money like this for years already and so they wont change.

you are right b:sad
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Ocean Orbs actually have a higher base price, but since they usually only appear in the Boutique while having a sale on them at the same time, it's easy to get confused on the price.

Also, Dragon's Fires have a normal price much higher than 3.15 gold. Anything less than the normal price is still a sale, regardless of it not being "the best".

That has to do with them adding new large scale content that makes the older stuff less appealing.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Kassidee - Sanctuary
    Kassidee - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As part of the dragon fire part you also get a platimuin charm...boutique price is 6 gold...so to pay a little over 6 gold for 20 orb pack + the charm is cheap
  • ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    free stuff is free b:bye
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • lunarsaaa
    lunarsaaa Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Everything is free in PWI!

*looks at 70m prices for vit stones* *does some math* 30 bucks...

Stories in some Eldest of the Scrolls written Online speaketh of 15 bucks fees each full moon.

Hmmm....b:cute
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh lord another secret rage qq thread about freakin orbs,dude give it a F'ing break man.
    If your unhappy about **** then leave it isn't hard or are you just addicted like the rest?
  • Kazeodori - Heavens Tear
    Kazeodori - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, it is a cruel joke. And you will wake up soon, and realize that you're playing a game. That you can walk away from at any time. You don't have to put money into it. Keep farming.
    If you bite some one, they get mad and smack you.
    But if you lick them, you still get the flavor.
    And they think you're weird.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2013
    Yes, it is a cruel joke. And you will wake up soon, and realize that you're playing a game. That you can walk away from at any time. You don't have to put money into it. Keep farming.

^ This..

Which is also a large reason you don't see 80 vs 80 TW's we're moving on to other, better games with better management.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brett - Morai
    Brett - Morai Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Let's be brutally honest here, you should know all this already, OP. But think of it like this. For what endgame gear costs here, you could get next gen console, the "Eldest of the Scrolls written online" (I like this, very cheeky, hehe) and pay your subscriptions for about 5 years. Pay to win games are always going to be false economy, my friend. Wait it out until April :)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013

you cant really expect the game to remain the same for 5 years, as well as the prices...
    its free. No like no take.
    Thats either limited to your server, or your factions too small.
    Sanctuary is quit busy, sucks for you guys b:surrender
    the reviews are actually still positive. The only negative ones are the butthurtish comments under those reviews made by trolls who quit and still linger around the game.
    its wise not to spend money and waste it in general. Not just pwi. Remember, we pay to eat unhealthy b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan