Official Notes/Observations for New Horizons - 1.30.14 UPDATED

Comments

• MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Most likely intended, see my post here in this thread, it got removed from the drop table.

Mods are slacking with updating the OP b:avoid
    wow more regular drops- No wonder one boss dropped 14 greens today. lolz
  • vash29
    vash29 Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    I know it is now a fix but, i still feel Jolly jones quest was nerfed. since it worked one way since i started doing it. i have 1 main and made jolly alts for coin income. now on my account i have 1 char ( my main and ) 6 level 50's that are useless as they can't pick up jolly any more. the perfect fruit that is capped at 3 per quest is a good thing. I guess i could live woith only being able to do 7 bounty orders a day. would have been better if you could pick up all 7 and do them together though. but that tyou can only have 1 level range jolly jones char on an account really sux. seriously considering to quit pwi again. (quit 3 years ago for 2 years and started this year again.)
  • Mastidon - Heavens Tear
    Mastidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why am I having to install your crappy arc program to run pwi ? I have never had this much issues and have been using the same log in for five years WHY AM I HAVING TO DOWNLOAD arc ? b:angry
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm gonna throw this here; Lycaeum of Cultivation hasn't been fixed yet,
    It requires PK mode to work properly on PvE servers.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Vennesetiid - Sanctuary
    Vennesetiid - Sanctuary Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Roll Call Daily is available from the chest now but isn't trashable

Can someone elaborate on this for me please? What chest and where?
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can someone elaborate on this for me please? What chest and where?

Look at your screen. Top right corner under the co-ordinates there is a scroll looking thing. Click on that. A window pops up where you can claim various things/rewards etc.

Roll call has been added on here, so when you log on for the first time that day, the timer starts ticking and one hour later you can click on the 'okay' button next to this to claim the rewards which will automatically get added to your bag.

Edit: This could be the top left golden chest I can't remember now. >.<
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    edited December 2013
    Look at your screen. Top right corner under the co-ordinates there is a scroll looking thing. Click on that. A window pops up where you can claim various things/rewards etc.

Roll call has been added on here, so when you log on for the first time that day, the timer starts ticking and one hour later you can click on the 'okay' button next to this to claim the rewards which will automatically get added to your bag.

Edit: This could be the top left golden chest I can't remember now. >.<

Ah, so they made it automatic instead. That's nifty. Thanks for the info.
  • Talayoki - Heavens Tear
    Talayoki - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not so sure if others have the same problem but hypers seems bugged. I started a new session at 1 am servertime and still had activations left but when I tried today at like 11am, it told me I can't activate for today. Others told me the exhaustion time is not working aswell
  • eighty2nd
    eighty2nd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't see anyone mentions about Marriage Quest issue. After I rebirthed (my wife didn't, she is a hardcore player wanna wait till she reaches lvl105), even leveled to 31, I can't do marriage quest. Is it a glitch? or both couple have to be rebirthed to do MQ?
    edited December 2013
    eighty2nd wrote: »
    I don't see anyone mentions about Marriage Quest issue. After I rebirthed (my wife didn't, she is a hardcore player wanna wait till she reaches lvl105), even leveled to 31, I can't do marriage quest. Is it a glitch? or both couple have to be rebirthed to do MQ?
    Matching love quest is removed (is this a bug or intentional?)

We don't know yet, and it is listed.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    edited December 2013
    Card drops from mobs have been removed
    I knew that was gonna be missing the moment I read it would be as drops.
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    When on a mount and using the auto path feature to go somewhere far away so that you switch from mount to fly gear your character gets stuck while stowing mount and remains stuck in that loading bar until you relog.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
    edited December 2013
    I knew that was gonna be missing the moment I read it would be as drops.

Referring to cards for card bosses which give power/stamina mats, not War Avatar cards.
    When on a mount and using the auto path feature to go somewhere far away so that you switch from mount to fly gear your character gets stuck while stowing mount and remains stuck in that loading bar until you relog.
    Game freezes when attempting to autopath a long distance from a mount. Can be fixed by relogging or using town teleport pot or by embracing
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Character customization now allows stick thin and super fat proportions without INI editing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Character customization now allows stick thin and super fat proportions without INI editing.

That's mentioned in the patch notes. b:cute
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Chrisalys - Dreamweaver
    Chrisalys - Dreamweaver Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Morai teleports not working.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula
  • Xsparxx - Heavens Tear
    Xsparxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Quest chain - Explore Primal World / Lord Tyrant's Fortress.
    The Post: Lord Tyrant's Stronghold (351, 522) NPC is missing.
    I flew there and looked like in the air like the others and it is not there. Dropped to 0 and flew up to 79 and no luck. My wife got it earlier in the day with np. I did fly off and talk to a few teleporters and died once as I got too close to mobs. Maybe a glitch from that or I am missing something.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I had no problem finding the outpost at Lord Tyrant's Stronghold. (Raging Tide server)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • juicybluca
    juicybluca Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    besides frostflame wizard skill not CCing as intended and dealing less damage than intended

new mighty swing primal word skill stun bypasses faith antistun purify and most likely tidal protection
  • Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    Hojuken - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Marriage quest cannot be completed if reincarnated or both have to be reincarnated?

Works fine when both are reincarnated.
    Orbs of cultivation now have a level 95 requisite and cannot be used on reincarnated characters

Partly correct.
    When handing in BH2 on non-reincarnated alts, the orbs are 70+ and can be account stashed and used on your reincarnated toon.
    Clicking war avatar button at the bottom of the screen crashes client

Hasn't happened to anyone I know.
    Prestige and Influence are not displaying accurately

Not really, the only thing that's missing is the Luminance order name, prestige/influence itself shows correctly.
    Auto path doesn't work in instances

Pretty sure this isn't a glitch, why should it work in instances that you're supposed to clear???
    Nation Wars is called Cross server nation wars (probably just a localization error)

Also need to be reincarnated 100+.
    there are no stupid questions, just a lot of inquisitive idiots.
  • Kassidee - Sanctuary
    Kassidee - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hubby and I did marriage quest yesterday and it worked ok. He was reborn, I wasn't.
  • faruskas
    faruskas Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Please post in this thread any and all changes (not just bugs and glitches) that have been made to the game that isn't in the patch notes.

Negative

New Game Font is hard to read on some monitors or by some people

I usea AG Neovo 24" monitor @ 1920x1080 res and all graphics set to its max point (also use twin 2GB MSI bridged video cards, i7 8-core processor and 16GB of installed RAM) and still fonts look crappy and so hard to understand that im actually looking to for another game to play (with similar graphics, fash if possible, and gameplay) but with much better / understandable fonts. I wonder why they had to change the title font to a smaller size? The one on the previous version was working just fine. At least they should let us manipulate font size at our own will (just the way we do with chat fonts). I honestly hope PWI correct this thing one way or another. I like this game but if it will cost me to suffer from eyes (i forgot the word, but you got the picture).... and headaches.... i wont think twice to move on into another game.
    I have 5 accounts, and 3 toons per account, and i play them all. I have 80+ pieces of fash, top gears, tons of non bound items, gold, and several tens of millions of coins, unique flying and running mounts an all my accs.. and everything will go to the trash just because a simple font change. b:angryb:cryb:angry - im so unhappy
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Marriage quest is level restricted (always been) so when you reincarnate you need to level up again to be allowed to do this activity (I think its lvl 30 or 40 req)

Nation wars; It says you have to reincarnate to do it. I really hope its a localization error
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but it appears that new characters may only have 9 letters in their name
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Negative:

Decomping OHT gear > Decomped 7-OHT HA Armlet sets "2-3***s & 5-2**s" And though all 2**s still gave '75-Perfect stones (Ea)' Both the 3***s gave only '3-Perfect stones??! (Ea)' (And not mirages????) b:thanks

b:bye
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Part of the celestial demon culti might be bugged since i cant get the orange key, red key and yellow key. ive already killed all three of em, but it wont complete.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Part of the celestial demon culti might be bugged since i cant get the orange key, red key and yellow key. ive already killed all three of em, but it wont complete.

These have notoriously low droprates. It's not a bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No animation for female archers on the character select screen, even if crossbows are equipped (from what I heard).
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • innocencex
    innocencex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Negative

Hidden Dragons Den has been removed

This really sucks as it was a fun instance. How are we supposed to get the Doom of Eminence' title as well now?
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but it appears that new characters may only have 9 letters in their name

It's 12, how many was it before?
    Partly correct.
    When handing in BH2 on non-reincarnated alts, the orbs are 70+ and can be account stashed and used on your reincarnated toon.

Pretty sure this isn't a glitch, why should it work in instances that you're supposed to clear???

Orbs of cultivation are awarded from tigers, they were removed from BH some time ago.The ones from BH 2 are brainpower orbs. I actually think it's a bit odd that the orbs of cultivation have that restriction but the BH ones don't. As the cultivation orbs can be obtained from regular event participation by low levels.

It should probably go around obstacles that have nothing to do with clearing though. For example turning corners in an instance instead of still running straight into a wall or pillar. Does regular autopath try to steer you around mobs? I haven't really tested it much on the world map outside of towns.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.