NEW EXPANSION - Glitches & Bugs!

Options
Frenrirs - Morai
Frenrirs - Morai Posts: 12 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
Soo.. ofc with PWI rushing to bring us the new expansion.. there are bound to be some glitches and bugs b:pleased

Here are some I noted 30 seconds whilist logged in.. b:bye
feel free to share yours :) b:thanks

http://i.imgur.com/Wt0OaVJ.png?1?8574

http://i.imgur.com/HLWuguq.jpg?1

P.S The new UI is HORRIBLE b:byeb:bye
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is how real playas level. f:laugh
Proud Barb since 2009. b:dirty b:cool
Post edited by Frenrirs - Morai on

Comments

• yitianchen
    yitianchen Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Heard secret man quest is glitched also
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    - cant enter instances
    - no explanation of "spirit" "vitae" and "skythingy lvl"
    - cant learn the passive crit skill
    - cant proceed the serverwide quest
    - cant continue the primevil questline, it says "need 4th reincarnation"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • XXBlueyesXx - Archosaur
    XXBlueyesXx - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    when you are on a mount and you set a flying auto path game crashes,
    description of spirit in C window is broken
    fourth reincarnation needed for green quest line? i find hard to believe you have to reincarnate four times to access the rest of the primal map content
    npcs for purple quest line disappearead at a certain hour
    the primal world dailies arent here
    nation wars is called cross server nation wars in event list
    bh29 is like not accessible? wtf?
    frozen flame demon skill doesnt work as it supposed to by description, the CCs happen randomly even wearing stone barrier, also deals deftly less damage than what is written in description (since a 3spark improves its damage and it deals damage similar to other basic wizard skills)
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Ground mount auto path is glitched, had to relog, game simply froze, well all movement or nay actions were frozen, yet chat was still moving.
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    It kept grouping me and people around me in a squad without asking any of us to approve to be in a squad. Even when we left squad it would regroup us.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
  • Annabonana - Morai
    Annabonana - Morai Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    announcements spam on morai server. like seriously ****ing once ever 0.1 second for 30 seconds every time something is announced.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    It kept grouping me and people around me in a squad without asking any of us to approve to be in a squad. Even when we left squad it would regroup us.

you got trolled.
    turn off your "auto accept squad invite"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Vennesetiid - Sanctuary
    Vennesetiid - Sanctuary Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    If anyone ever wanted clear proof that these people don't test anything, this is it.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Starter help for venomancers gives advice for barbarians (don't know if other classes are bugged, only tried veno.)

Sliders for character customization now allow super deformed body proportions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • /ATLAS - Archosaur126
    /ATLAS - Archosaur126 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I just wuv how much effort PWI puts into the testing and debugging before putting new stuff out, great job PWIb:victory
  • Nirrus - Dreamweaver
    Nirrus - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Santa never shows up at the boat on Dreamweaver server. Maybe this is PWI telling us that Santa doesnt exist...b:cry
  • Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Jolly Jones quest no longer let's you do your old Bounty Orders when you finish the 7 new ones. This is a serious problem and they better fix it! b:angry

Another issue is the new text is too small and the font hurts my eyes...
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Jolly Jones quest no longer let's you do your old Bounty Orders when you finish the 7 new ones. This is a serious problem and they better fix it! b:angry

I disagree. This is how Jones was originally intended to work when they implemented his orders.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited December 2013
    Options
    OPKossy what are you talking about? You can only pick up 7 orders per day. However, we were free to do them whenever we wanted. For example, pick them up each day and do them during weekends. We've been able to do this all year so the being limited to only the 7 you picked up that day is total **** and it better go back to the way it was before this patch.
  • Chonturse - Archosaur
    Chonturse - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    b:cry My Account stash doesn't work I cant access it! b:surrender why dose PWI hate me so much. Only since the new expansion and it has left me unable to play as my bags are full and my current gear useless b:cry
  • opkossy
    edited December 2013
    Options
    OPKossy what are you talking about? You can only pick up 7 orders per day. However, we were free to do them whenever we wanted. For example, pick them up each day and do them during weekends. We've been able to do this all year so the being limited to only the 7 you picked up that day is total **** and it better go back to the way it was before this patch.
    Nope.

When it was originally implemented, not only was it split into the level brackets, but you could also only do 7 per day for each level range on your account. So if you had two characters in the 70s, for example, you could only do a full 7 on one of them (or 3 on one, 4 on the other and so on).

One of the patches later on screwed that up and changed it to the unrestricted access that people got so comfortable with. However, that was never how it was intended to work as the restriction it used to have was put in place to prevent the sort of abuse that came to occur from people seeing they could stack their orders.

Now that it's been fixed with the expansion, those who are unaware of how it's supposed to work have issues and are upset... but I, for one, am against breaking it to the version people seem so used to now.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I disagree. This is how Jones was originally intended to work when they implemented his orders.

Meh, that was one change I was hoping was intentional. I can see why not allowing it on more than one character in that level range. But letting you do your JJs the next day doesn't change the amount of coin you get if you are good about doing them. It also doesn't change the total amount of time invested Most of the people who complained about JJ have no idea what they are talking about. The large stacks people complain about take hours and hours to do all at once. Not unlike DQ grinding for that kind of coin. It is actually easier and more manageable to do them the day you get them. It only removes coins from people for having real lives. It's as punishing (not challenging, punishing, big difference) as making you unable to miss even a single day in a month. :P The people spamming the grinding machine was annoying as well. That was rude and I'm glad that was solved. Not letting you turn in your orders the next day seems a bit over the top. It was nice not to have to be anal about getting them done that day if you were tired or whatever. There isn't a whole lot of content that you are forced to do that day and only that day or lose it forever. The timed quest in morai's timer stops if you log out. The divine emissary quests can be completed at a later date. The important part is logging and pick them up. Even your crazy stone doesn't work that way if you take the quests you can turn them in later. I personally lost about 30 mil in now useless orders because this was never stated to be a bug when reported as a change. :\ If this had been confirmed as a bug when it was first reported by our GMs, I would have been very persistent about doing them. But it appeared to be an intentional change even not appearing as a "fix" in expansion patch notes that PWCN released and we poured through to get information about this expansion :P Oh well. It's definitely not the worst change ever, but it is annoying. C'est la vie.

Most of the abuse came from allowing people to have all their characters in the 7x range and get the coin. The level range limit was one I did support.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'm not talking about the level brackets I agree that that was suppose to be there. What I am talking about is, for example, a Toon picks up 7 orders one day on second day toon picks up 7 new orders. He can then do his new 7 orders and finish up the orders he did not finish from day one. Not everyone has the time to do all 7 every day. I don't see why we shouldn't be able to finish up old orders. We only get 7 new ones each day. This is not an exploit you are doing the same amount of orders except you actually have a choice when you want to do them. This was very helpful for players who can't play as much during the work week. Guess I'll have to make a post on suggestions thread about getting this fixed back.

Edit: Basically the point Venus is making. As far as I know they originally changed it so we could do them when we wanted which was very helpful...then now they go and ruin it again by putting pointless restriction back. The limit on digging the flesh is most welcome though.
  • opkossy
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Most of the abuse came from allowing people to have all their characters in the 7x range and get the coin. The level range limit was one I did support.

Yeah.

Thing about it is, and correct me if I'm wrong because I'm working off memory, I don't think there's any content in the game that does the ideal setup here. Fairy boxes are account-wide, BHs are character based, even the trivia thing is, IIRC, setup in the same manner as the Jones orders.

And while I'll admit it would be better overall to not punish you for missing a day. I don't see a way they'd be able to prevent the abuse of someone with an account filled with 71-80 characters picking them up daily with current resources if they didn't limit it the way it originally was.

Because with any other choice (again, using current resources) the people who can, and have proven that they will, abuse the system are the ones who will reap the benefits of that leniency. Meanwhile those using it as intended? Left in the dust once again.

Edit:
    I'm not talking about the level brackets I agree that that was suppose to be there. What I am talking about is, for example, a Toon picks up 7 orders one day on second day toon picks up 7 new orders. He can then do his new 7 orders and finish up the orders he did not finish from day 1. Not everyone has the time to do all 7 every day. I don't see why we shouldn't be able to finish up old orders. We only get 7 new ones each day. This is not an exploit you are doing the same amount of orders except you actually have a choice when you want to do them. This was very helpful for players who can't play as much during the work week. Guess I'll have to make a post on suggestions thread about getting this fixed back.

Edit: Basically the point Venus is making. As far as I know they originally changed it so we could do them when we wanted which was very helpful...then now they go and ruin it again by putting pointless restriction back. The limit on digging the flesh is most welcome though.
    Yeah but the problem is this.

We all know how starved PWI is for stuff and their restrictions. Val had to fight tooth and nail for this and I doubt the folks above him would be willing to add entirely new flags just for this system.

So with what we currently have, we run into the following issue: Someone wanting to abuse the system with multiple characters in range for the rewards can easily do so using our current tools because if it's not flagged as an account-wide restriction then every character on the account has free access to it. So if they do an account restriction of 7 per day (what they intended from the start) we get the situation where those who aren't able to do it daily miss out and have extra useless orders. The alternative? If they don't do the account-wide restriction, those who want to abuse the system via multiple alts in the range get free reign on things. Even if they were to make it a character based restriction, only those with multiple characters to abuse the system profit. The people playing legitimately would still have the same problem as an account restriction in that they'd be unable to turn in extras from not doing all 7 each day.

If we had more freedom with our coding on PWI's side, I'd be against the reversion to their original design... but if we had that freedom, I'd have also wanted them to have done it in the ideal fashion (level ranges implemented account-wide but individual characters are able to complete extras as long as there aren't more than one characters on the account collecting orders for the same level range). Considering what we have to work with, though? I'd prefer the way it originally was than what it was changed to be.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Yeah.

Thing about it is, and correct me if I'm wrong because I'm working off memory, I don't think there's any content in the game that does the ideal setup here. Fairy boxes are account-wide, BHs are character based, even the trivia thing is, IIRC, setup in the same manner as the Jones orders.

And while I'll admit it would be better overall to not punish you for missing a day. I don't see a way they'd be able to prevent the abuse of someone with an account filled with 71-80 characters picking them up daily with current resources if they didn't limit it the way it originally was.

Because with any other choice (again, using current resources) the people who can, and have proven that they will, abuse the system are the ones who will reap the benefits of that leniency. Meanwhile those using it as intended? Left in the dust once again.

They can simply retain the limit of being able to pick it up once per account in that level range. Which by the way, is already the case. You dont get the the coin for pickup, don't get the orders in the first place. But let people who obtained orders legitimately do them the way they see fit. The 7 a day limit doesn't need to be tied to that. Limiting the number of characters you can do the quest on makes since, forcing you to do the orders every single day regardless if you have time or not doesn't. When they fixed the machine, they should've just put back in place the character limit, but allowed people to continue to take the quest and do it a different day. IT's the same money on that toon regardless if i'm forced to do everyday or if I stack them up and do it on the weekend. And the same amount of time spent doing them as well.

edit:
    It's a simple as restricting the quest "daily bounty orders" instead of "bounty order." The first one is the daily that gives you 7 and is the reason you can do it on many toons. The second is simply the quests you get for completing the orders themselves. There really isn't any excuse for it. The first quest is already restricted in this manner. So they can simply remove the restriction on the second one, which also would remove any penalty someone may get from leveling a toon before finishing their orders that day.
    edit:
    And they haven't even fixed the machine apparently, I misread what someone else posted I guess.
    ><

• seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Ok, heres 1 ~Decomp OHT forged arm braces and~

The 2** ones are still 75 perfect stones

but

The 3***s are all now only 5 perfect stones and no longer mirages
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    They can simply retain the limit of being able to pick it up once per account in that level range. Which by the way, is already the case. You dont get the the coin for pickup, don't get the orders in the first place. But let people who obtained orders legitimately do them the way they see fit. The 7 a day limit doesn't need to be tied to that. Limiting the number of characters you can do the quest on makes since, forcing you to do the orders every single day regardless if you have time or not doesn't. When they fixed the machine, they should've just put back in place the character limit, but allowed people to continue to take the quest and do it a different day. IT's the same money on that toon regardless if i'm forced to do everyday or if I stack them up and do it on the weekend. And the same amount of time spent doing them as well.

I dont think its about grinding quests at a particular players convenience. That wouldnt be fair to those who CAN log in every day and grind their 7 quests.

Also, it doesnt get people back into the game to play with new players. It puts one player in alone, grinding as they see fit.

The whole point of nerfing FC was to accomplish the same goal. Making it so you get 7 a day gets people to at least log in, every day that they care too, to do their quests, and get exposed to other players doing the same stuff.

This way serves the higher good of PW and its population. Everything shouldnt need to cater to an 'otherwise better occupied elsewhere player'
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I havent even finished my update yet but i cant wait to log in and LAUGH at all the crappy glitches in the game and let everyone know i warned them that the game would be ruined by this new update. Cant wait for people to start quitting....this game is trash now everyone time to find a new game.
    b:victory Way to go PWE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The level 75 reward for the Unique Reward (A level 8 shard I think)

It only gives the item but once you use it you dont get the gem b:laugh

Another: I dont know if this is a glitch or the normal old way was, but sometimes when you autopath to something flyer does not auto activate.

veno pets cant be called on air: this was posted before, but i noticed that Mystic summons can be called on air, but not the veno ones.

• ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I dont think its about grinding quests at a particular players convenience. That wouldnt be fair to those who CAN log in every day and grind their 7 quests.

Also, it doesnt get people back into the game to play with new players. It puts one player in alone, grinding as they see fit.

The whole point of nerfing FC was to accomplish the same goal. Making it so you get 7 a day gets people to at least log in, every day that they care too, to do their quests, and get exposed to other players doing the same stuff.

This way serves the higher good of PW and its population. Everything shouldnt need to cater to an 'otherwise better occupied elsewhere player'

It was meant to compensate low level DQ farmers for the DQ nerf. It has nothing to do with what you listed. It doesn't punish the people who login each day and do it. They are already rewarded with getting their quests done faster. It is a fact of life that you won't always be able to do your dailies. Most of the other dailies therefore do not punish you and allow you to pick it up and do it later. If you can't login that day you lose out on the daily. It replaced something that was already solitary. DQ farming could be done when you needed money, JJ should be the same.
    rieihdius wrote: »
    The level 75 reward for the Unique Reward (A level 8 shard I think)

It only gives the item but once you use it you dont get the gem b:laugh

Another: I dont know if this is a glitch or the normal old way was, but sometimes when you autopath to something flyer does not auto activate.

veno pets cant be called on air: this was posted before, but i noticed that Mystic summons can be called on air, but not the veno ones.

You should be able to claim the item but going into the quest list and hitting complete. It doesn't reward those prizes automatically. Also autopath has worked that way ever since they changed to pull out the flyer. It only pulls out the flyer it feels like you're far away enough for it to be worth it, but whether or not it deems it worth it seems completely arbitrary.

• Vitzh - Heavens Tear
    Vitzh - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    -BM, Veno, Arch, Psy have no animation on the start screen (have not logged alt EG account yet)

-The level up rewards via new in game system are bugged don't know how to explain it really. On a 55 I got all up to my level, on a 59 some of the first few then nothing else, on a 101 got 100 reward nothing else. Seems really screwed up to me.

-The exp scratch card from the Glorious Chest after clicked the items I got read "gives 1k event silver" same for 5k card, it gives exp not event silver.

-Auto Cultivation seems bugged, came back from afking to see my Sin getting attacked standing still. Onscreen it still said "auto cultivating" pressed F12 twice and it started up again. This happened twice while I was semi afking doing house work.

There is a way around it:putting attack emote as the first and last skill works or at least think it does, didn't test it out much. Also for some reason on Archer at times I would only be using normal attacks with low cooldown skills in my macro. On archer however don't think I put attack emote as first and last skill.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    -BM, Veno, Arch, Psy have no animation on the start screen (have not logged alt EG account yet)

Animations are weapon-restricted. So far testing indicates veno needs pataka equipped, barb needs dual axes or hammers, BM needs a pike/poleblade type, archer needs crossbow, seeker needs dual swords. My wiz needed a sword but someone else had theirs work with a glaive, and my cleric worked with a glaive. I didn't test mystic, and TB are bound to specific weapon types already but must have them equipped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Kisakireborn - Lost City
    Kisakireborn - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    There's no supply stash anymore. Both my sister and her boyfriend made a new toon to experience Primal World, but when they got out, there was no supply stash in their inventory. And the Guide for their cities (City of the Plume and City of the Lost) didn't have any to give them, too. Was this intentional?
  • Vitzh - Heavens Tear
    Vitzh - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    OMG they took away molds? WTF! Why? Anyway.

-The Wang Tsi guy or whatever his name is when you turn in the new character bound **** weapons quest just says "For". Additionally the craft window shows on top perfect stones and on the bottom weapons, clearly this is reversed, moving on also the mouse over of the weapon shows nothing. But wait there's more the "Masters magic sword" (or whatever the useless **** was called) I got from wraithgate is not the same name as the craft tab at the npc so seems like another bug great......

+ 5 perfect stones yay made my day.