[Maintenance Discussion] 12-18-2013 NEW HORIZONS UPDATE COMPLETE

Comments

• Christona - Raging Tide
    Christona - Raging Tide Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Large beautiful fans...
    can we have just a restart tonight? we don't want this expansion here ! unless you remove that **** cards system

Agreed.
    Along with does PWI even have an idea of what balance is? I mean really... Maybe they should use some of our money for a dictionary D:
  • tehcherry
    tehcherry Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lolipops for arcane
    yo-yos (that actually move when attacking) for daggers
    flintlock rife for bow

bwahaha I'd love the lolipops that would be greatb:cute
    just imagine running up and whackin something with it hahahaf:laugh
  • Sylki - Harshlands
    Sylki - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    candy cane wand!!! or licorice wand!! (in red ofc) and I'd like a ginger bread man pet to go with it b:laugh
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2013

What type of fashion weapons would you like to see?

Folkloric fashion from other countries different to China (we've got enough of it >_<)

Fashion that would make me look like a native north american, or something you would make you think of "wild"

I would like more hats for females, not just haircuts.(because hats are important)

Can we get transparent glasses with some haircut? Males have a bandana that covers their eyes, and dark glasses. I don't see why couldnt this be done.

Robes...
    ssl4322 wrote: »
    Goin total nerd here, but I vote for Harry Potter style wands for the magic users.

and the robes they use.

• trufflles
    trufflles Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    QQ need more info to read while you guys are doing the work up f:fume

"And there are still more previews to come as we approach XXXXX something"

shall now be named:

"And there are still more previews to come after we complete (more or less) all patching, but not earlier than player made guides"
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicking!
    Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• miscarcando
    miscarcando Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i don't know what is new after that update. we had this reincarnation system before too.

reincarnate - quite game for 1 - 4 weeks - come back reborned with +10-12 gear bonus

b:surrender
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    can we have just a restart tonight? we don't want this expansion here ! unless you remove that **** cards system

Speak for yourself, I want the card system, PvP elements can go suck it as I don't participate in it, besides them already being teaparties and ultimately nothing will change with these cards, when everyone is LOL ENDGEAR b:cute
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah more Female Hats and Glasses, and some Cool fash...but i dont think PWE can make any new good ideas about fashion, sure not for PWI, its like noone working anymore for PWI, CM is missing for like...months...
    Updated my Client with manual patch, still Sirens Launcher, no news page can be loaded, no Version on the launcher. So the start is...lol? I did made a backup of my PWI folder before the update so...
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akosipm
    akosipm Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    b:victoryYEY !!! :D
    edited December 2013
    Updated my Client with manual patch, still Sirens Launcher, no news page can be loaded, no Version on the launcher. So the start is...lol? I did made a backup of my PWI folder before the update so...

Yeah gee, maybe because the update isn't really live yet, I wonder why not everything works yet f:sweat
    Soon™
    edited December 2013
    Speak for yourself, I want the card system, PvP elements can go suck it as I don't participate in it, besides them already being teaparties and ultimately nothing will change with these cards, when everyone is LOL ENDGEAR b:cute
    You remember teh Tittle system? 60% was broken of the quests, what you think will be with card system?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pet_Catcher - Dreamweaver
    Pet_Catcher - Dreamweaver Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd like to see some weapon fashion WITHOUT a timer on themb:victory b:angry b:chuckle
    edited December 2013
    Yeah gee, maybe because the update isn't really live yet, I wonder why not everything works yet f:sweat
    Update is update, you can update laters from the server too, but it will be the same update, everything should be like it will be if it will be after the servers are up..ijs at least you got +1 post if nothing else...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited December 2013

so u need those cards to kill mobs/bosses faster? that's hilarious
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
    edited December 2013
    so u need those cards to kill mobs/bosses faster? that's hilarious

No, i've said that the update is completely moot when it comes to the PvE side of the game, but that doesn't mean I don't want to collect the cards as it gives -something- to do besides BH all day every day
    Update is update, you can update laters from the server too, but it will be the same update, everything should be like it will be if it will be after the servers are up..ijs at least you got +1 post if nothing else...

Did you notice the "cannot connect to server" message when you launched the updater after patching to the new version before maintenance, surely must mean something...
    Soon™
  • Aziza_Atori - Archosaur
    Aziza_Atori - Archosaur Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I opened the manual patch by clicking sweetiebot's link and it downloaded and is updating. what troubles have you guys had with it? I gtg out a bit later and dont want to come home finding my pc blink error.
    Aziza_Atori: 102 sage mystic
    Aziza_Amina: currently fail 91 sage cleric
    And a lot of alts...
  • mindaugasltx
    mindaugasltx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    11pm PST - 5am PST whitch time zone ?
    edited December 2013
    11pm PST - 5am PST whitch time zone ?

>PST
    >Which timezone

mindaugasltx pls
    Soon™
  • Umbramagis - Archosaur
    Umbramagis - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Pacific Standard Time. PST IS the timezone *facepalm*
    The Doctor - Speak his name, and he will come. No matter where he is in time or space, if you need him, he will come.

Umbramagis - Celestial Sage Cleric 101/101/101 - Full G16 - Main
    Impedim - Celestial Sage Sin 101/8x - Full G16
    TerraEnsis - Demon Seeker 100/8x
    edited December 2013
    The new login screen looks cool :) almost logged in...but my version is too low for the live server version b:laugh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mindaugasltx
    mindaugasltx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wath is PTS ? :D I live in +2 GMT time zone...
  • Umbramagis - Archosaur
    Umbramagis - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The new login screen looks cool :) almost logged in...but my version is too low for the live server version b:laugh
    It does O.O
    However, it only says that because it can't connect to the server to verify, even with the manual patch installed

@mindaugasltx - PST is 10 hours behind you.
    The Doctor - Speak his name, and he will come. No matter where he is in time or space, if you need him, he will come.

Umbramagis - Celestial Sage Cleric 101/101/101 - Full G16 - Main
    Impedim - Celestial Sage Sin 101/8x - Full G16
    TerraEnsis - Demon Seeker 100/8x
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Rank 9 stage 1 weapon fash please!

YES PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE b:dirty R91 daggers match my pretty fash b:cute
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Permanent ones.

This (even if I do like my wand as it is)

By the way, I hope the expansion has been fully tested in QA and that there willl not be too many bugs, because you still have a lot to do (old bugs, actions promised after orbs glitch and so on)
    Good luck
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • cawcawwww
    cawcawwww Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    generally not into spendin coins on fash, but if there was a light saber wep fash for seeker I'd make some aps gear and buy dat fash repeatedly :D

*edit it's gotta turn on and off like a real ligh tsaber*
  • tink32
    tink32 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Are you ever gonna release patch notes? Lol come on we are getting antsy!!!b:thanks
  • Wendigo - Momaganon
    Wendigo - Momaganon Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i want GX fashion axe for change the skin on my lollipop pinky WSRC axe >.>
  • Gralkon - Archosaur
    Gralkon - Archosaur Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Updated my game 2 hours ago...... knowing full well that there would be a version mismatch until the update is live..... since the servers go down to install their update..... not so we can install ours.... Now as to the updater being sirens of war still..... well yeah..... this was a manual update for elementclient.exe not for launcher.exe...... The launcher will be auto updated after servers come back up.... that is just what it does.

Now as for glitches and such.... I won't say I am 100% confident in this release, but I am fairly confident since it is now in the hands of Studio Archosaur (More info here on them). It may take them some time to get things going in the right direction again, but as long as they don't get shackled in bureaucracy things should be getting better.

<Rant>b:angry
    As for fashion weapon..... why would I even care about that...... Don't even develop that..... Develop something that will actually add value to the game. Up the level cap to 150 and make it hard to get there. Work on class balance and skills that do not work correctly. There are literally hundreds of things that could be done to add play value to this game, but fashion for weapon is definitely not one of them imo.
    </Rant>b:surrender
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd really like a giant lollipop.
    Or a branch.
    Or a sports bat/racquet of some sort.
    How about music themed ones? Imagine onshotting someone with a giant music stand!
    Balloon fashion weapons would be cute, too.
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
This discussion has been closed.